Fire And Ice

EmpressNyt által

In the Supernatural world lies the Werewolf world. And in the Werewolf world lie packs. Natalia was the omeg... Több

Chapter 1 - Burning Bright
Chapter 2 - Over the Edge
Chapter 3 - Mate Swap
Chapter 4 - Gone
Chapter 5 - Survival
Chapter 6 - Meet NYC
Chapter 7- Siren? No, Syren. Actually, Werewolf
Chapter 8 - Completely and Utterly Me
Chapter 9 - Tears of the Current and Past
Chapter 10- An Unexpected Encounter
Chapter 11 - New Place. Old Place
Chapter 12 - Heart Warming Gift
Chapter 13 - Burning Memories
Chapter 14 - To Enrol and Lose Control
Chapter 15 - What It Means To Be A Syrenlina
Chapter 16 - A Slice of Chaos
Chapter 17 - Suspicions
Chapter 18 - I'm Sorry... Not
Chapter 19 - Hunt Her?
Chapter 20 - Set in Motion
Chapter 21 - Who Says Magic Solutions Aren't Real?
Chapter 22 - Puppy Love and a Dark Haired Stranger
Chapter 23 - You Too?
Chapter 24 - Revelation
Chapter 25 - Story Time and Hugs
Chapter 26 - Study
Chapter 27 - Oh Shit...
Chapter 28 - Wasted Apologies
Chapter 29 - Road Trip
Chapter 30 - Good Work
Chapter 31 - Start Talking
Chapter 32 - A Parasite of a Pack
Chapter 33 - What They Lack
Chapter 34 - The Village
Chapter 35 - When We Sleep
Chapter 36 - Nomads
Chapter 37 - WolfNet
Chapter 38 - Recon and Non-Love
Chapter 39 - Full Moon
Chapter 40 - Repairs
Chapter 41 - Trust the Magic
Chapter 42 - Building Bridges
Chapter 43 - Low Point
Chapter 44 - Mastermind
Chapter 46 - Behind the Sunshine
Chapter 47 - Set the Timeline
Chapter 48 - Real Ones
Chapter 49 - Killdrain First Day
Chapter 50 - Syren School First Day
Chapter 51 - Bonfire
Chapter 52 - Sentiments
Chapter 53 - Birthday
Chapter 54 - Epiphany
Chapter 55 - Better Late Than Never
Chapter 56 - Changes
Chapter 57 - Not the Same
Chapter 58 - Updates
Chapter 59 - Menace and Christmas Madness
Chapter 60 - Uncovering Side Effects
Chapter 61 - Time Flies
Chapter 62 - Fallout
Chapter 63 - Commence Phase Two
Chapter 64 - Full Prisoner Treatment
Chapter 65 - Pasts of Today
Chapter 66 - Closer
Chapter 67 - The Sanctuary
Chapter 68 - The Palace
Chapter 69 - Meetings
Chapter 70 - Bait
Chapter 71 - Progress
Chapter 72 - Back to School
Chapter 73 - Promises: Retribution and Reconciliation
Chapter 74 - Winter Mate Ball
Announcement
Chapter 75 - Questions of Fate
Chapter 76 - Stares and Whispers
Chapter 77 - Proposals and Requests
Chapter 78 - The Beginning of The End
Chapter 79 - Welcome Carpet
Chapter 80 - Sabotage
Chapter 81 - Retribution: Vanity
Chapter 82 - Pits of Hell
Chapter 83 - Soulless
Chapter 84 - Retribution: Terror
Chapter 85 - Cross The Line
Chapter 86 - Return

Chapter 45 - Back to the City

3.7K 174 7
EmpressNyt által

Natalia's P. O. V

After the quiet celebration of the previous night's successes in the form of an elaborately cooked meal by me, and a soothing bath drawn for Kaesha, and embellished with herbs at Hailey's suggestion, the next day came quickly.

We got dressed and packed for our pending departure, gathering all our luggage in one spot, then made our way back to the Pine River territory. On our way there, Kaesha's scent changed and I felt the mind link go back up.

A bath and some food really wouldn't be enough to thank her.

We were greeted relatively warmly once we arrived. Hailey and Kaesha were roped into playing with some children while the Alpha and Beta invited Timothy inside to talk logistics. I followed the sound of their movements to the window outside the Alpha's office. Pretending to watch Hailey and Kaesha entertain the children, I leaned back on the wall and listened.

"You already said that there isn't much you'll need us to do for the time being, but I would like to have an idea of the role you intend for us to play in the future."

'Reassure them that it's nothing too big or demanding. They won't actively confront the Lightwoods in person.'

"I won't have you intentionally cross their path, if that's what you're worried about. The role I have for my current and future allies is vital, but minimal." Timothy started.

'After I officially create my pack, I want us to grow in members and allies at such an alarming rate that it catches the Lightwood Pack's attention. That should draw them to me and they'll try to wreak the havoc they did here. The difference is that we'll be ready and waiting to crush them when they act out. With an audience of Alphas from all their previously targeted packs, of course.'

The Alpha remained silent after Timothy had repeated my words.

It was the Beta that spoke up, "Even if this works, who's to say that those truly in charge at that wretched pack will be the ones to visit you? And what of the repercussions from the Royals? They obviously have friends in high places."

'Because I have a silver bullet with their name on it. Their greed will works against them.'

The Alpha broke his silence after Timothy's words, "Sounds like you've got it all planned out."

"I've had a long time to think." Timothy replied.

Satisfied, they moved on to logistics, talking about what we could do to help each other and how often we were to meet. Chipping in my terms through Timothy, we managed to work out something mutually profitable, leaving room for adjustments once we officially set our base up.

An hour later, the details were nicely wrapped up and we congregated in the dining hall again, for a farewell meal. There was no speech this time, but I guess the general knowledge that we'd be out of their fur by the end of the day made the members noticeably more amicable. Several adults still sulked and glared, but most were more receptive to Hailey's good natured curiosity and enthusiasm. Some of them even engaged in long conversations after the meal.

A soft tug on the hem of my shirt pulled me out of my observation. I looked down to see Karla staring up at me, her small brow furrowed with a question.

"Are you magic too?"

I blinked, "Huh?"

She looked over at Kaesha then back at me, "She's full of magic, the scent is so strong. The boy has a little too, and the other girl. But yours smells different. You smell like magic, but I don't think it's yours. Kinda like it's hiding from you."

"You can smell magic?"

She nodded, "Yeah, I can. But there's almost never magic around here. I really like the scent, I wish I there was more magic in the pack. How does a werewolf get magic?"

I sat on the grass and she followed. "I didn't know I had any. And I don't know how exactly a werewolf gets magic, but my friends are all gifted, so maybe that's how."

She took that and thought for a second, "So, that means I should have magic, too. Why can't I smell mine? I'll miss the scent when you guys leave."

"Well, a werewolf can't smell their own scent." I explained.

She nodded, but her huge eyes were still filled with disappointment.

I really didn't want to leave her like that.

'Don't even think about it.' Candy warned.

She was going to kill me and I was probably gonna beat myself up about it later, "You can have a strand of my hair, it should still smell like magic for a few days after we leave."

She grinned widely, eyes bright, "Really?"

I nodded, "But you have to promise not to let anyone have it."

She thrust her hand out, pinky finger poised, "I pinky promise!"

I laughed, curling my pinky around hers. Then I plucked off a length of hair and tied it around her wrist.

"You can tie it around a doll or something later. But make sure to burn it once the magic wears off, okay?"

She nodded, then captured me in a hug, "I'll take really good care of it, then I'll burn it so that no one else can have it."

I hugged her back, ignoring Candy's harrumphs and near audible eye-rolling.

We spoke some more about magic. Understandably, she didn't have much knowledge about it or any distinctions between types due to lack of exposure. My supposed magic signature was the first one with a notable difference she'd encountered, while Kaesha's was by far the strongest. I managed to explain that away with the logic that her gift was incredibly strong, so the corresponding magic must be as well.

After Karla had cheerfully left, skipping towards some of her friends, I looked around again.

Hailey had moved to playing with some children, while Kaesha was displaying her 'telekinesis' for Pammy and a guy around her age. Timothy was managing a conversation with a girl in her late teens, I think.

'Guys, if you're ready, I think it's time to go. We've still got to drive back to the city.'

They made sounds of agreement and, within fifteen minutes, we were saying our farewells.

The Alpha gave Timothy a respectful handshake and two wolves had shifted and were howling goodbye. The Beta looked a lot more relaxed but still pleased we were on our way, while Julia remained entirely passive, her hand wasn't even hovering around her dagger this time.

Robert waved, looking forlorn, aware of his forlorn look, and sheepish about it all at the same time.

I smiled and waved back, mouthing a 'thank you'.

Back in the house, I asked if they wanted a break, especially Hailey, since she'd be driving.

"It's only past four." She replied, "The drive isn't that long, we can leave now and get home before sundown."

With that decided, we loaded into the Sienna and drove down to the registration building so I could return the key.

"Hello, dearie!" Max greeted, "I hope your grams enjoyed the stay."

I nodded, "She absolutely loved it, and she made so many friends. Between you and me, I think she's already decided on this place. We'll definitely be returning some time in the future."

"We'll be happy to have her. And you and your friends will always be welcome to visit."

"I'm sure you'll take good care of her." I said, handing him the key, "And thank you for the place."

"You're very welcome. You kids take care now."

"We will." I waved, then returned to the car.

This time, the journey was relatively uneventful. Kaesha must have still been tired, cause she was out like a light once we were on the road. Timothy, on the other hand, was wide awake, fiddling with another wooden sculpture.

"Are you nervous?" I asked him.

He scoffed, "Nervous? Not a chance. A city as big as New York is the last place the Lightwoods would eagerly venture to for an assassination."

I raised a brow, "That's not what I'm talking about."

"I'm not nervous." He scowled, shutting the conversation down and returning his attention to his sculpture.

Most werewolves avoided cities. Even if the problems full moon shifts posed were resolved, large cities were also sensory overloads waiting to happen. Hailey had grown up in the city so she was fine living there, and my senses had taken enough trauma for me to cope relatively well, but he was the most quintessential werewolf among us. I just hoped he'd be okay in any place we set him up.

'You could let him stay with us. The sounds of the city aren't as loud from the house.' Candy offered.

That could work. I wasn't sure if it could be considered a permanent solution, but it wouldn't be bad for the time being. Maybe I could let Hailey suggest it to him.

Not much later, we were pulling up into my driveway. As soon as I saw my house, part of me relaxed.

"Of course she has a fucking mansion..." Timothy muttered, his comment making us laugh.

I unlocked the door and we took our luggage inside, leaving them by the staircase.

"Shoes off." I stopped them before they stepped on my carpet, "I'm going to get something for us to eat. Hailey, you wanna help?"

She nodded, following me to the kitchen. There were some meals from before we'd left, so I threw them in the microwave.

"What do you think of letting Timothy stay here? At least till he can get a place that'll block sounds out well enough."

She froze, gripping the plate in her hand briefly, before trying to play off her hesitation, "Here? I- I mean if he wants to, yeah, sure."

She turned around, trying to hide the red creeping up her neck.

"If you're cool with it, could you help me tell him and get him settled in? I've got some errands to run and you know the house pretty well by now."

"Me?" She squeaked, then cleared her throat, "I mean, I have to find a filling station then drive the Sienna back to the rental and take some pictures to make sure no one besides Lance gives us any issues about the car and charges you more, plus, I need to see the jackass' face when he sees the illusionary dent Kaesha left. So, you know, there's so much to do. I don't think I can help him."

"It's okay if you do all that later, we gave enough time for the rental period. I just really need to step outside real quick."

She grimaced, brows furrowed.

"Please, Hailey?" I added, "I really need your help to make him feel welcome. He might not adapt to the city as well as I did and I just want him to be comfortable."

She sighed, "Alright, Ari. I guess we could settle in before I take care of the car."

I smiled, "Thanks, Hail."

Taking the food out of the microwave, I served out portions on the plates Hailey had set out and carried two to the living room, Hailey following me with the other two.

"Dinner is served."

We ate, recounting the trip and how it had gone.

"I doubt thing's would've gone the way they did if that boy weren't absolutely smitten with you, Ava." Kaesha concluded.

I didn't even bother to deny noticing Robert's affections, "Yeah, it helped that Robert had a crush, but I'm sure we would've found a way to help them out."

"Helping them was never an issue," Timothy scoffed, "it's getting them in on our vendetta that was the challenge. Hearts-in-his-eyes Robert was our way into their tolerable graces and that was all you."

I shrugged, taking another forkful of spaghetti.

"How'd you even do that, anyway?" He continued, "He wasn't your mate, was he?"

I swallowed quickly, shaking my head.

"So, how?" Kaesha joined, "Do you have some charm that puts every guy you meet in your age range under a spell?"

I laughed, hoping it didn't sound forced, "I don't have every guy I meet under a spell. Look at Timothy, he wasn't smitten when he saw me, and it certainly would've helped. Maybe he wouldn't have attacked us like that."

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, but that was cause I was on high alert."

"What about afterwards?" I shot back.

"Afterwards, my ma-" His eyes darted to Hailey for a split second before he continued, "Sunshine over here was fucking bleeding out. Didn't exactly have the time to gawk at you, oh great one. Besides, I'm almost twenty. I doubt I'm in your age range and I have zero business looking at someone that could pass for a fourteen-year-old."

"I'm almost sixteen!" I huffed.

He faced the ceiling as if he were looking up to the heavens, "I've fucking lost my mind, listening to a fourteen-year-old..."

"Fifteen!"

"Same difference, child."

Hailey and Kaesha laughed, while I devoured the rest of my food in a bid to ignore his teasing.

After the meal, Kaesha started her farewells.

"This was fun, but I still need some more sleep. Plus, my art classes will continue soon, so I gotta get some teaching material ready."

"Thank you so much, Kaesha. We wouldn't have gotten anything done without you." I said.

She smiled, "Damn straight, but I was happy to help those people out."

"Make sure you get lots of rest." Hailey instructed.

"Sure."

Timothy just made a face at her and she returned it with one of her own, both of them grinning.

"I'm gonna run some errands now, so I'll walk you out." I offered.

She shook her head, holding a hand out, and her things floated from the staircase to meet it, "Thanks, but I'm not really in the mood to walk and get a cab. I'll see you guys later."

Then she was gone.

Timothy blinked, "Did she just...?"

"Yes." Hailey and I nodded.

"Damn..."

I laughed and went to put my shoes on in the landing, "Well, I've got some things I need to take care of - nothing to do with the Lightwood Pack." I added, "I'll be back soon. Hailey's staying here for the time being so she'll take care of you. Play nice."

Then I stepped out, leaving the two of them giving each other looks.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

4.7K 587 21
What would you do if someone tried to kill someone important to you and you were the only person that could stop it? Would you give up everything and...
71K 2.1K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...
31.6K 732 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
414K 7.7K 11
The world of the supernatural was kept from humans since the begin of time. there where so many different types of supernatural creatures, from werew...