Out of time

By tcher1993

Time is running out - two young men arrive with identical injuries arrive at Beacon Hills Hospital but that i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author Note
Chapter 27
A/N
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 19

488 14 0
By tcher1993

Welcome to Chapter 19 - wow what can I say except a massive thank you to everyone who has read, voted or commented on this story, I have just reached over 1k views which is crazy - so as a thank you here is a long chapter, enjoy!!

Lydia POV

This can't be happening, he can't have really gone with them on his own accord. This must be some mistake yet I know it isn't as I saw it with my own eyes, his reaction to everyone to quitting the job he loves to willingly getting in the lift with Janson.

"How can this of happened? He is most loyal to those he loves so why turn his back on us now especially after everything we went through to get him back." Scott asks as we all take seats again in the Morgue with Scott, Thomas, Mitch, Rafael and Sheriff all pacing back and forth trying to work out what has just happened.

"Did I do this too him? Is me fixing him actually made things worse." Mitch voices sounding as though he is beating himself up over what has just happened.

"No! This is not your fault or anyone's fault except for Stiles's, he has made his choice and there is nothing we can do about it. Excuse me, I have calls I need to make." Rafael states as he grabs Stiles's gun and credentials off the table before leaving the Morgue.

"What do we do now? How do we make this right?" Thomas asks sounding heartbroken from where he sits with his injuries been reassessed by Melissa.

"We stick with the plan and don't let it get personal. We take down WCKD once and for all and try to save Stiles from himself." Stan states from his position next to Irene looking mainly at Mitch as he speaks.

"So first steps are to open up the Hospital as there is no threat here anymore then we try and track Stiles's movements since he has left here. We need to work out though if Stiles is with them voluntarily or if he is been blackmailed, we all know Stiles and are aware of the games WCKD play with people's minds." Irene advises as Melissa and Dr Geyer leave to make the relevant calls to reopen the Hospital again.

"We can use my loft as a safe meeting place for everyone so we know there is no risk of us been overheard just in case WCKD have left any moles hidden in the department." Derek offers receiving a scattering of thanks before he provides those who require it the relevant information.

"I'm going to head to the Safe Haven to advise them of what has happened, I don't think Stiles will allow WCKD to do anything to them but after today I just don't know anymore." Thomas advises before leaving the Morgue.

"Lydia, are you okay? Don't worry we will get him back again, even if we have to dose him with Kanima venom and drag him back here." Scott states coming over to comfort me as the tears have been rolling slowly down my face as everyone has been talking.

"What if we can't this time? What if we have lost him for good, I can't bare the thought of never seeing him again." I confess to him as I hear feet shuffling towards us and look to see the Sheriff join us.

"Lydia, you can't think that way. Don't give up on him just yet, I may not always understand everything that is happening with the Supernatural but I know my Son. He wouldn't be doing what he is doing right now unless he didn't have any other choice." Sheriff starts speaking and I notice everyone else has stopped what they are doing to listen to what he is saying.

"Over the years he may have made some questionable choices but he has always had a good heart and its that heart that is driving his choice now. We all wouldn't be gathered here today if he hadn't dragged Scott out into the woods or decided to trust his gut with Mitch and Thomas. Something deep down is telling me to trust him now." Sheriff finishes and I dive into his arms wrapping him in a tight hug.

"Thank you, I needed to hear that! You really are a great Sheriff but an even better Father." I state pulling out of the hug removing the tears from my face.

"Alright let's get out of the Morgue as I am not a fan of hanging around dead people so much and lets go get my trouble maker back." Sheriff states making everyone in the room laugh as we all gather out stuff and leave before agreeing to meet up at Derek's an hour later.

Six months later.....

Six months that's 182 days or 4380 hours since I last saw Stiles's face as the lift doors closed taking him away from me. Since that day I along with everyone else have be searching everywhere for any and every sign of him but had found nothing, it was though he had vanished off the face of the earth.

I just pulled up to Derek's loft ready for the weekly catch up hoping that either Mitch or Rafael had something new to share as they had been off conducting searches with their respective offices. As I sit in my car waiting for everyone else to arrive I hear my phone ding, I look down and gasp as I see the message is from Stiles.

Lydia,

I need to see you, please come find me!

Stiles xx

Six months I have waited to hear from him, knocking down anyone who tried telling me he wasn't coming back and I constantly check my phone waiting for him to call or message me just so I know that he is okay and this is all I get.

I am at Derek's loft, come meet me here

Lydia x

I send the reply through before loading up the group message before sending another message advising everyone to get to the loft quickly as I step out of my car and head into the loft. Derek had already given everyone a key so we all had a safe place to come if needed so I go to place my key to unlock the door but notice it is already partially open.

Strange, I didn't see anyone else arrive and everyone had messaged saying they were already on the way so who was inside. I place my hand on the door handle and slowly slide the door open before stepping inside.

Now you maybe thinking you are crazy and should wait for everyone else but I am no damsel in distress, I am more then capable of looking after myself. As I check through each section of the loft I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

I hear gently sniffing sounds coming from the spiral staircase at the far right side of the loft so gently make my way over grabbing the baseball bat as I go. I guess Stiles would be proud of me if he was here that I grabbed the bat like he would of. As I turn the corner to face the stairs I notice a man sat on the stairs and I felt my grip on the bat loosen as I realise who it is.

As he looks up I notice the pain and fear in his eyes, as he notices me standing there staring at him holding his bat in my hands.

"Stiles?" I ask surprised to see him here of all places after so long of searching for him and now here he is right in front of me.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't be here, I just had to see you." Stiles states his voice breaking as he speaks before he stands up from the stairs and heads towards the window and looks towards the sky.

"Stiles, what's going on? You are scaring me right now, why shouldn't you be here?" I ask stepping towards the window so I can be near to him proving to myself this isn't a dream.

"Neither of us are here right now, this is just a dream!" Stiles states holding up his hand to show six fingers present as the room blurs around me as I hear my name been shouted in the distance.

"I don't want to wake up!" I shout trying to grab hold of him as he fades away from me, trying to stay with him for as long as I can.

"You have to wake up though Lydia, how else would you be able to save me?" Stiles states as everything around me changes to show Stiles lying on a bed asleep connected to tubes and wires before the room fades completely away.

My eyes shot open as I hear Scott shout my name while tapping on the window of my car, I dive out of the car and straight into his arms breaking down crying.

"Shhh, it's okay. It was just a dream!" Scott whispers in my ear as he rubs my back until I stop crying and calm myself down.

"It wasn't a dream, it was a call for help. Stiles need us now!" I explain before walking into the loft needing to start working on saving him.

Thank you for reading - new chapter will be up shortly!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.7K 2.4K 43
Thomas escaped the clutches of WCKD, only to be captured once again. This time in a test unlike any other he has faced before, Thomas must re-live hi...
351K 7.5K 22
This is a crossover between Teen wolf and The Maze Runner. ~Newt is alive and got the cure *Possible Newtmas* Stiles or as some know him, Thomas, wa...
62K 1.5K 41
When Stiles arrives at Beacon Hills Hospital injured carrying a young man inside, no one expected what was soon to happen. All rights apart for the s...
476 25 5
"It had been nearly exactly two years since Stiles Stilinski had been taken. His disappearance devastated the pack in more ways than one that no one...