Dragons and Witches

By Ree_World

She was a beggar a mere child that wandered the streets. had no purpose, hungry and tired. One day she met hi... More

Prologue
CH.1
CH.2
CH. 3
CH.4
CH.5
CH.6
CH.7
CH.8
CH.9
CH. 10
CH. 11
CH. 12
CH.13
CH.14
CH.15
CH. 16
CH.17
CH.18
CH.19
CH. 20
CH.21
CH.22
CH.23
CH.24
CH.25
CH.26
CH.27
CH.28
CH.30
CH.31
CH. 32
CH. 33
CH34
CH 35
CH36
CH 37

CH.29

101 3 0
By Ree_World

Darkon stood in his study room, he was looking at the files some villagers said they saw have a weird phenomena, some villagers said that they saw some weird looking woman going for men and each men she would get from inside a tavern or a street would disappear. Some even would say that a lot of herbs would be stolen and everyday from the same place, with the merchant sleeping and walking everyday suddenly to see that his face held small scratches all over.

Darkon heard a knock on his door. "Come in." He gave permission to see Saraya coming in with a gentle look, her face flushed "you are still looking it up?" She moved inside his place and stared at the disheveled look he had.

"Ofcourse I am still at it, witches are not letting it go. They disappear as they wish, thinking that I would not get a hold of them, they better dream on." He mumbled the last part to himself as if he didn't notice that Saraya was there.

Saraya felt sad for Darkon, he always worked if not working he would be training the kids, if not he would be in his own mind looking for an unkown person. Even when he was sleeping, when she passed his door, she could her groans of pain and mumbling of incoherent words.

With pity in her eyes she tried to make him stop even for a minute, "witches and dragons are vicious Darkon, but you need to cut yourself some slack." She stood in front of his desk trying to convince him, but she felt herself swung as she stood there.

"Cut myself some slack,.."he chuckled in annoyance. She is taking it easy as if she learned that they were vicious from her books, no one have been under the torture of both Dragons and witches to know what the word vicious meant in these creatures dictionary.

"What do you know?" He stood up and walked to the pastry table.

"I know that even if they killed and made every one we know disappear, you can't torture yourself over that, live a bit, Darkon." She followed him standing right behind him, wanting to get to the subject she already came for in the first place, but she couldn't remember what she wanted to say.

"Live a bit? You don't even have the face to say that, you think you are all hail and mighty because you were once a princess, you are so privileged, you know nothing about how desperate I am, have you ever been desperate once in your whole life, have you?" His words were said gently as a breeze but their weight held poison as they reached Saraya's ear.

She couldn't disagree with him, but why would he think that because she was a princess she could do whatever she wants, was that his idea of her? "I have been desperate, yes. Do you think training was T-that easy?"

Darkon couldn't help but roll his eyes, he didn't even turn to look at her as he took a cup of tea, and gave it to her, she took the tea silently and sipped on it, but she felt that it was calming so, she finished it quickly.

"You think training with us was the most desperate thing you have been through?" He just chuckled.

"You know nothing about me!" She shouted at him putting the empty tea cup on the table near her, feeling more refreshed.

Darkon got annoyed that he turned to face Saraya with a frown in his face he shouted at Saraya making her take a step back stumbling,  "you know what? I tried, I tried to understand you and Eliase. I tried to keep up with the both of you, do you know how hard it is to be with people who have something to be proud of? You two were always the high and mighty people, while I struggled to get to where I am right now, and you think you get it hard, no...you take it easy, you take it so easy, but I can't say anything, so you might think that it's okay for me to rest when people out there are eating themselves alive because of these bitches. So, I don't want you to tell me to take it easy! You, you be serious. Both you and Eliase."

He moved Saraya out of his way and started to take a step towards his desk, but suddenly he was stopped by Saraya hugging his back, he paused getting frustrated with her that he gritted his teeth.

"I know that you have it hard, but I- I have been desperate okay, I have been desperate for you, but you only care about an illusion!" Saraya knew exactly what she was saying, and what she was doing was not something Darkon was very much in sync with. Darkon was so mad that his eyes flashed dangerously, but he only inhaled closing his eyes, when he opened them and felt that his eyes were not glowing he smirked devilishly.

"Let go Saraya." Saraya didn't know what, but his voice made her heart beat ten folds more, he put his hand on hers and slowly, he clasped her hands tightly before untangling it from his waist. As Saraya was going to move her hand away she was surprised with Darkon intertwining their fingers together.

Saraya couldn't breathe.

Darkon turned his hand still clasped in hers, she looked at his mesmerising blue eyes, and forgot why they were even arguing.

"You have always been beautiful, Saraya." He rubbed her hand with his thumb, and Saraya could only be entranced in his smirk. She was so close to him, but she wanted to get closer. So, she stepped up closing her eyes, she could feel his breath on her face, tickling her eyes, as their breath mingled she could sense Darkon taking his face away.

"So that's what you want? To fall into bed with me, didn't know that a princess was capable of such lowly thing,"  he tskd shaking his head. And suddenly, Eliase came in as enthusiastic as ever, "you would never imagine what I made the kids do today..." he stopped in his track seeing the scene, he would never forget in his life, his best friend and the love of his life standing face to face in each other's arms, all Eliase could see was red.

Saraya glared at Darkon and pushed him away, her lips were trembling, and her eyes were red. Her hand still felt the warmness of his hold, but it felt like a disease spreading on her hand, she wanted to puke. What was she doing, what was she doing? She never knew that he was capable of saying that to her. Is that how he sees her? Is that how she looked in his eyes? She chuckled at how stupid she was.

Darkon casually leaned on the desk, throwing a glance at Eliase, "oh, look who came back, do you want to join the fun?" His eyes was as his words vicious, cruel and disgusting.

"You bastard!" Eliase took two languid steps towards Darkon, he took a hold of his collars, and glared at him, he wanted to shake him into oblivion. "What do you think you are doing!" Eliase was livid by what he just saw, but what made him snap was the way he regarded Sarya as a lowly person.

"Didn't say I wasn't...You are acting heroic now?" His smirk didn't fall off of his face, all what his face indicated was the cruel look, that screamed he was done with all of them.

Eliase gritted his teeth at him, "don't make us hate you Darkon!"

"Hate me?" He laughed as if it what he said was not much foreign to his ears, "I never for the both of you to like me in the first place, you two just went and thought, lets do charity."

"You will never have someone care for you Darkon, with what you are doing, push people away from you." Eliase didn't want to make an enemy out of Darkon. Not because he was afraid of what he was, but he knew that somehow he was his friend.

"Yeah right, tell that to the girl who deemed herself so lowly to go after a man that doesn't want her." Darkon couldn't continue his sentence as a punch came right at his face. Eliase brought Darkon back and glared at him.

"You are nothing Darkon, nothing compared to her." Darkon smirked spitting blood at the carpet. "Humor me, I don't care. If I was nothing, she wouldn't have been so desperate to want me, her words not mine." For the second time in a row Darkon was hit in the face, but that time it was not Eliase, it was Saraya.

Eliase's eyes bulged at Saraya as he could see that she was so close to tears, she was biting her lips as she looked at Darkon.

She moved Eliase away and hit Darkon this time, after she looked at Darkon one last time she got out of his room.

Silence fell inside the room, both Eliase and Darkon standing there listening to the retreating steps of Saraya.

"Go after her." Darkon silently said, making Eliase get a hold of himself and before he got out from the room he glared at Darkon, "this is not over between us." Then he ran towards the direction Sarya went to.

Darkon touched his bloody lips and chuckled, "ouch, they became strong." He smiled and went back to look at the papers on his desk.

________________________________________

"Saraya, wait!" Eliase caught up to Saraya and took a hold of her arm, "let go!"she thrashed snatching her arm away.

She chuckled at how stupid she was, "don't even think that you are better than him!" She glared at Eliase in annoyance.

"Why do I fall for such disgusting men, just why?" She sniffled, her eyes not crying, she couldn't let her tears fall down for such a wasted person.

And the problem was that he was right, he always, always told her that he couldn't fall for her, he always thanked her for her feelings, told her to invest it somewhere else. She thought she had a chance everytime he smiled at her, she didn't even think that he didn't want to ever be her friend, he only smiled because he had to,because she was a princess. She thought he was nice.

Nice? Nice my behind.

"Saraya, listen. It's okay. He just didn't deserve all these feelings you have for him." He tried to get close to her, but she glared at him.

"And you think of yourself so different, because of what?" She pushed him away from her.

"What do you mean by that?" He didn't relent and stood in front of her.

"You...you are just as disgusting, every night in the brothel house, or even with any maid. Tell me, you love a person and go do these things like nothing." She screamed at him.

"Saraya, I am a bit confused what does that ever have to do with Darkon?" He tried to calm her down, but he didn't know what to do, or what to say and she went with that confusing words making him feel as he was in a loss.

"Tell me, where were you today, where did you go this night?" Saraya was in another space of her own as she glared at Eliase.

Eliase was at loss of words, what does that have to do anything with Darkon?

"I was..." he couldn't answer, because he was actually going to a brothel, he was tired from training the kids and he wanted to have some fun, but he said he would go and tease Darkon to come with him knowing that he would refuse.And somehow he didn't want to say that to her at the moment.

"Exactly, you were going to a brothel, just like two days ago, just like two weeks ago, just like before, right? Disgusting!" She looked at him as if he was a lowly thing.

Eliase stood there taking everything, in his mind he was confused as hell.

Okay, so Sarya is mad at me? Not Darkon, was what just happened an illusion or something? Is Darkon playing with their minds.

Saraya could sense his confusion from a mile away, she rolled her eyes and huffed in annoyance, "so stupid. You are so stupid." She started to move again, but Eliase took a hold of her arm again.

"Hold it!" He narrowed his eyes at her.

"How do you know where I go at night." He questioned, but Saraya only felt astonished and tried to take her hands away. He was not having it and tried to pull her towards him, but she stumbled and fell on his chest.

Then hiccuped...

Hicupped?

Eliase moved his head back blinking. He moved his head close to her face sniffing around it.

"Are you drunk?" He asked his eyes still blinking trying to understand what was going on.

"So what? You get drunk everyday, and have fun everyday, with all the girls you want." She held his collar and screamed at him. "And that douchbag! Hah! I tried to get close to him, but he just had to go there and compare me..me! With the girls you stay with everyday." Eliase gulped putting his hands up in surrender.

"You think I don't know where you go to everyday since we were fourteen, huh?!" She hiccuped again, and she pushed at Eliase until she cornered him on a wall. Eliase looked at her then around them.

This was wrong in so many levels.

"Saraya calm down, you being drunk is not that good." He took a hold of her hands and tried to push them away, but Sarya just glared at him and kept thrashing at him.

"Why am I in love with you? Why are you so stupid? Why?! Why! Why!" She kept thrashing him around and Eliase was only smiling awkwardly until she said those words. He stopped her thrashing and looked square at her eyes.

"What did you just say?" Sarya felt sober all of a sudden and she let go of his shirt, "Nothing...I thought you were Darkon." She turned and tried to run away, but Eliase took a hold of her, not her hand this time, but he held her waist making Sarya panic, hearing these words come out of her mouth made his mind go blank, made him become bold, made him lose reason.

She...loved...

Him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157 11 6
"𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘒𝘳π˜₯, π˜ͺ𝘡 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘦𝘡𝘀𝘩𝘦π˜₯ π˜ͺ𝘯𝘡𝘰 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘒𝘡𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘢𝘀𝘬𝘺 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘡𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘒𝘭𝘭 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘡𝘩𝘦�...
273 63 15
"what does she want?" I ask quietly, scared that she might hear me. But when I see the crooked smile that displays the lady's chipped, yellow teeth...
5.9K 202 12
Have you ever had to make a choice? One that you knew would hurt not only you but so many others you loved, that it would never be forgiven? Not so l...
95 15 16
A loyal friend willing to do anything to take care of and protect the people closest to her, A peaceful life disturbed by unfortunate events and plag...