The Last of Its Kind [AoT]

By WhatADrag6

A child forced to live life on the streets until the unprecedented calamity that claimed many lives and left... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX

XXV

4.1K 167 141
By WhatADrag6

After the incident Kyra had gotten her book back and spent most of her time reading it. The book had been divided into sections.

It went over history and what life was like before and after the walls had been built. The Drosera clan held strong bonds with the Earth and nature which is where their power first resonated. Long ago, once this discovery was made they devoted their life to nature.

They lived out their lives in peace giving back to the Earth that gave to them. With their abilities they formed allies that offered protection. Which is how they were able to live out peacefully with the Titans. Peace...If only that were true.

The Droseras were composed of strong individuals, each had a variation of what their abilities could do. Weather, shape-shifting, plants, animals, summoning, barriers, and healing.

Many had more than one of these abilities, but the greater one spends surrounded by nature the stronger their powers are.

The book had went through every ability, but never talked about how to use any of it.

Kyra sighed closing the book rubbing her temples in irritation. She set the book down on her lap as she looked up at the sunrise.

She closed her eyes focusing on the one ability she knows she has. Barriers. She focused on the same feeling she felt the last time she did it.

She exhaled softly trying to recreate the feeling. She sighed not feeling anything. Her head leaned back on a tree trunk in thought.

Her eyes glanced over to the early morning sun. The early morning rays shined on her with a soft pink glow, warming her skin, and comforting her. Warm and comforting the same feeling.

She closed her eyes in concentration as the feeling crept back to her. She focused on creating a barrier as a breeze blowed against her softly tugging her hair to the side.

The breeze had suddenly stopped causing Kyra to open her eyes only to gasp with wide eyes at the sight. Surrounding her was a thin transparent barrier with gold light that seemed to gleam against the rays of sun.

"Is that what I think it is?! Woo-hoo!" A scream of excitement was heard and it was coming her way. A thud was heard making Kyra stop her barrier. A small bird had fell onto her lap. Kyra looked down at the bird seeing its wing injured.

"You must've flown into it. I'm sorry." She said softly as she held the bird, who remained calm in her hand.

"Kyra! You figured out how to use your abilities!" Hange came screaming with a large smile and blush as drool left her mouth.

"Can you do it again? Pretty please! I want to touch it!" She exclaimed in excitement.

"Section Commander, you shouldn't be shouting this early. Have you no sense of time? You'll wake, everyone!" Moblit called out.

"What's the commotion this early?" A voice huffed.

Hange had ran to Kyra before kneeling down next to her. "Oh, please! Please! Please! You have to do it again, just one more time!"

Kyra paid no attention to Hange as she examined the wing of the bird to see it had been broken. Hange stopped seeing the bird in her hands as Moblit and Captain Levi walked over.

The bird looked up at Kyra as she glanced down at the wing. She glanced down at her hands to see gold light surround the bird. She tilted her head staring at the light before it faded.

The bird flapped its wings checking for injuries. After finding none it flew off. Kyra's eyes widened as she watched the bird fly off. "It's healed?" She asked to herself.

"Ooooh! This is an amazing discovery, Kyra, my dear! You have the ability to heal others! Does it work on humans? How much of an injury can you heal? Wonder if it works on a corpse? And that barrier, how big can you make it? How long can you make it last? How--?" Hange shot question after question with no time to answer.

"Enough with all the questions, Four-Eyes. You're early." Captain Levi interuppted her.

"Better early then late. We have a fun day of experimenting ahead of us and I just couldn't wait! Besides if I hadn't come this early, I would've missed this glorious sight!" She exclaimed with excitement.

Kyra sighed at the eccentric personality. "Well, I think peace and quiet's out of the option since you're here."

Hange turned to Kyra with a smile, "Can you try to recreate that barrier again, Kyra?"

Kyra sighed softly before focusing on what she just did. She heard sounds of excitement and amazement coming from Hange.

The group was surrounded by a barrier as Hange walked up to it. "I wonder if I can walk back out?" She pondered.

Kyra raised an eyebrow as she watched the woman attempt to walk out only to run into the barrier. Kyra rolled her eyes.

"Did you actually think that would work?" Captain Levi asked the woman stoically.

"No, but it's good to know! So you know how to use your abilities, now?" Hange questioned staring at the now pink eyed girl before stopping at the sight of blood dripping from the girl's nose.

"Your nose is bleeding." Hange said in concern walking to the girl and handing her a cloth.

Kyra nodded wiping the blood from her nose. "Thanks."

Kyra shook her head dropping the barrier. "At the moment, it's "a learn as I go" scenario."

"But, it seems you're slowly getting a grasp at it. And that within itself is progress. Now let's continue on with this fun filled day." Hange said with a smile.

...

"Again, Kyra!" Hange yelled out. Between hardening experiments and focusing on her abilities almost daily it had been exhausting.

"If she can get a handle of this, she could be our first line of defense." Hange commented watching from on top of a hill.

"Yes, but how far will she be able to stretch it and still keep its durability. It may only be good for immediate proximity." Armin commented.

"It seems to be withholding decently against Eren's hardening." Captain Levi observed.

Kyra looked over to Eren's Titan before nodding.

Kyra concentrated on making the barrier. Once it formed Eren's Titan struck the barrier with his fist.

Kyra watched as the barrier held strong with each strike as Eren's fist seemed to just bounce off.

Steam started to rise from Eren's fist as he continued to bash his fist into the barrier.

Kyra observed it as he struck to see the areas that were weakened. She focused on those sections fortifying it.

Eren's fist hardened as he smashed into the barrier. Kyra noticed the barrier start to flicker. She concentrated her energy more trying to keep it up.

She exhaled softly seeing the barrier reestablish itself. They continued this for another ten minutes and with another strike from a hardened fist the barrier had broke.

"Kyra! Keeping going! Get up!" Hange yelled in demand.

Kyra was knocked down from the harsh wind sending her on her back. She laid panting heavily on the ground as she looked up at the sky.

Eren was pulled out of the Titan as he walked forward to Kyra.

"Kyra! Are you okay?" Armin yelled coming down from the hill as the rest followed suit.

Kyra shakily stood up on her feet panting, "Yeah, I'm fine." Her body grew heavy as she fell to her knees clutching her head.

Armin kneeled down putting his hand on her shoulder in concern as Captain Levi kneeled in front of her.

"Kyra, take a break for now." Captain Levi said. Kyra gave a soft grunt in reply before feeling her head throb. Her hand gripped her head tightly as her eyes closed shut.

"Kyra?" Mikasa asked in concern.

"It's fine. Just a headache." Kyra grunted out softly.

She felt something drip from her nose before gushing. Blood pooled on to the ground as she panted heavily causing others to watch her in concern.

Kyra opened her eyes slightly to see the blood.

"Hange, we're done for today." Captain Levi said handing a cloth to Kyra.

"Right. Sorry Kyra, I got a little overzealous." Hange apologized looking at the girl in concern.

Kyra wiped the blood from her nose,"That's all right." She said softly.

She was helped up on to her feet only for her forearm to shield her eyes from the light that seemed to intensify her headache. She closed her eyes tightly, gritting her teeth, as she groaned feeling her head pulsate.

She felt something being draped over her before fabric was lifted over her head. Kyra opened her eyes sighing softly in relief as a hood sheltered her eyes from the light. She glanced down seeing the green Scout uniform.

"Thanks." She replied as she spotted Captain Levi observing her before walking forward.

"No problem." He replied before looking to the others.

"Let's head back for today." Captain Levi said before walking to his horse and then untying the lead on her horse.

The others watched as the horse came running to her. He grabbed a hold of her picking her up and resting her on the saddle.

"I still don't know how she does it." Connie commented.

"Me neither. I'm kinda jealous." Eren commented.

Kyra pet him before slumping forward resting against his back and pressing her face against him. "Good boy, Enzo." She praised softly as he began moving to where Hange, Moblit, and Captain Levi waited for the others.

"Kyra, are you sure you're okay?" Hange asked looking at the girl.

"Yes. I wouldn't mind crawling into a dark hole and staying there for a few hours at least." She muttered.

"I can't exactly offer that. I'm sure we can find a substitute though. You made a lot of progress today, so good work." Hange said as Kyra nodded.

...

Kyra stood on the wall watching as a soldier lured a Titan between the webbing Eren had made with his hardening ability.

A large log was sent riveting down and slamming into the nape of the Titan's neck.

"Ooh! That hit right at the nape of it's neck!This could be it!" Hange said in excitement. Steam rose from the nape causing Hange to cheer out in triumph. Kyra winced at the noise.

"We did it! That's a 12-meter, crushed!" Hange cheered.

Eren fell to his knees in exhaustion, "It worked." Kyra glanced to see his nose starting to bleed.

"Hell yeah! With this baby, we can kill Titans without a single soldier fighting! We'll hack down those bastards all day and night! Say hello to the Executioner from Hell! We did it, Eren!" Hange exclaimed turning back to Eren only to stop as she spotted his nose bleeding as Captain Levi knelt next to him with a cloth.

"Eren?" Hange asked in concern.

"Looks like he must've overused his Titan abilities. He's been doing hardening experiments for days." Captain Levi observed.

"I'm sorry, Eren" Hange said sincerely.

"No, there's nothing to apologize for. We can't slow down just 'cause I'm tired, right? I'm fine. Let's just make these weapons quickly. And then go to Shiganshina." Eren said.

...

"That's great! We can win! With weapons like that, killing Titans'll be as easy as breathing!" Marlo exclaimed

"You're so damn excitable." Jean said.

"Hm, the same thought I have when it comes to Hange." Kyra said stoically from next to Jean.

"Well, Hange's a different story." Jean retorted with a scoff.

"You should know better than to be this pumped about joining the Scouts." Jean scolded.

"That reminds me. Didn't Hitch try
to convince you to stay an MP?" Sasha asked.

"Wait, Hitch? How come?" Marlo asked densely.

"Because she's a thirsty girl, and she thinks you're a tall glass of water." Sasha said with a grin.

"Can't say I follow. But Hitch did tell me off before, saying I wasn't cut out to be a real soldier. She told me I should "stop acting cool" and just coast along in life. I had thought she was better than that. So I told her I was wrong about her." Marlo informed.

"Asshole." Jean commented.

"Are you that dumb, Marlo?" Armin asked in disbelief.

"No brain under that bowl cut." Sasha sighed out.

"Calm down. He didn't say anything wrong." Eren sighed out.

"Well, anyway, the only people as excited as you are the new recruits with no real battle experience." Jean said.

"Gimme a break. Ya think you're some kinda hardened veteran now?" A recruit asked.

Kyra turned to glance at the red-haired boy.

"I know I am, compared to you at least." Jean scoffed out.

"That's rude. We were in the 104th, same as you. N' besides, we're not the only ones excited. Everyone in the wall is. We're taking Wall Maria back! We're finally winning!" The man said in excitement.

"You think so?" Jean asked.

"Well, you guys do seem a little different now. There's something about your faces. What exactly happened?" The guy asked.

"Wanna know?" Jean asked.

"No... I think... I'll ask later." The guy said.

"You'll see soon enough." Kyra stated stoically standing up causing the man to turn to her as a blush reached his cheeks.

"K-Kyra? You're looking as beautiful as ever! It's been so long!" The man stammered out looking her up and down.

"And you are, again?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Floch. Don't you remember me? C'mon it hasn't been that long!" The man said with a chuckle. Kyra glanced at the boy with disinterest.

Kyra went to walk away only for the man to grab her arm causing the table to stand up, whether it was to come to her aid or his was still unclear.

"Look pal, I don't recommend that." Connie said.

"Yeah, I wouldn't do that if I were you." Sasha warned.

"Eh, let him learn." Jean said with a shrug sitting back down.

Kyra's eyes hardened as she grabbed his wrist pulling him to her as her body twisted around, hooking her fist into his gut before flipping him on to his back. Her heel landed on his chest as she glared down at him.

The man groaned in pain as her foot put pressure on his chest, "Y-You haven't changed a bit." He grunted out.

Snickers were heard from the table she just stood up from as the others watched in silence.

"Oh, I remember now. Almost didn't recognize you until you were laid sprawled out on your ass. Funny how a different angle can clear things up." She said sarcastically before taking her foot off of him and walking away silently.

"We tried to warn you." Armin sighed out.

Floch got up from the ground as he watched Kyra walk off. He sighed dreamily.

"I would stop while you're ahead. Last guy that tried pursuing her almost got a fork through the groin." Jean commented wincing at the thought.

...

Kyra sat at a table listening to the conversation boredly. She finished her food and stood up only for a hand to grab her. She looked over to see a smirking man.

"Leaving so soon, Angel?" Kyra grabbed his wrist pulling him off the seat as her knee rammed into his ribs sending him to the floor with a groan.

"I find you insufferable and annoying. Keep it up and I'll castrate you, like the pig you are. Now piss off." She said darkly turning around to leave.

"Don't be like that, darling." Kyra turned around as her eyes narrowed on him her hand moved sending a fork just missing his groin as it embedded deeply into the floor.

Kyra walked away silently as everyone watched speechless until a laugh came from Hange who sat with Moblit and Captai Levi discussing plans.

"I absolutely love her!" Hange exclaimed through laughter.

Moblit gave a shudder, "That hurt just by watching."

"It got her point across though." Captain Levi said watching in amusement.

...

"Yeah. That was hilarious. What about the time she shoved a man's face in the dirt?" Sasha said.

...

Kyra was tending to her horse while they took a break from patrolling. "Kyra, I need to tell you something."

Kyra turned raising her eyebrow as she saw Reiner standing there.

Kyra sighed walking up to him. "What is it, now?" She asked dully.

"I've liked you since I saw you in training." Reiner admitted shocking everyone there as all the cadets watched with wide eyes as they waited for her to respond.

"Icy?" Reiner grabbed her arm causing her to flip him on to his stomach. She stood in front of him looking up at the sky.

"You know. I never realized this until now. Reiner, I like.." She trailed off causing everyone to lean closer in anticipation.

"I like..." Her foot landed on his head pushing it into the dirt before she continued.

"I like watching you eat dirt." She said dully as she walked away back to her horse leaving everyone stunned before laughter rang out.

"Tough break. She really had us going for a minute, there." Eren said through laughter.

"Ouch, man! How many times does she have to reject you for you to take a hint?" Connie said through laughter.

...

The table laughed at the memories. "There's just somethings that only she can do." Armin commented with a smile.

The group nodded in agreement.

...

Kyra was riding on her horse with the rest of group as they made their way to Commandant Sadies.

"Sadies was the 12th commander of the Scout Regiment, and Commander Erwin's predecessor. It's been a long while since I've seen him." Hanges said.

Eren walked up to Commandant Sadies. "Commandant Sadies."

He turned around looking at the group almost like he was expecting this.

...

"What's the matter, Braus? Not gonna sit?" Sadies asked looking at Sasha standing.

"No! I am quite fine standing here!" Sasha shouted nervously.

"If I recall, back in the day, I always used to call you in here to chew you out. And it's only been a handful of months." He commented looking at all of the cadets.

"But I barely recognize you kids except Teeny over here." Commandant Sadies commented looking at the girl.

Kyra clicked her tongue rolling her eyes, "Tch, that so? Still lacking in the hair department, I see. Did you scare it away, sir?"

The cadets' eyes widened in horror as their mouths' hung open as a snicker was heard from Hange.

"U-Uh, Kyra--" Armin said nervously only for a hearty laugh to leave Sadies shocking them.

"You haven't changed a damn bit, girl. Still a smart-ass with an attitude. I had hair a long time ago. You've seen it once before." He said glancing at the girl who knitted her eyebrows together pressing her lips together.

"One night after the Scouts returned from another venture outside the walls. I was walking down a road in Shiganshina only for a little girl to run into me. Red eyes always glancing behind every few seconds. Covered head to toe in blood. I could hardly even see your white hair. You were nothing, but skin and bones. Actually, thought you would break in two just by grabbing you. And before I could say anything, you took off. You weren't easy to find, but I spotted you on a roof. When I asked you if you were hurt, all you said was that it wasn't your blood. I gave you all I had and left. And it wasn't until six years after that night that I saw you again. Same white hair and red eyes. But you had one hell of a lip on you. So, I gave you almost nearly impossible punishments that not many men could do with the threat of putting you to the fields. Yet, you finished every single one with ease." He explained as Kyra's eyes widened slightly.

"Huh, so that was you with hair. That's not really a day I like to remember, no offense." Kyra said softly.

Sadies glanced at the girl nodding his head. He understood. Especially seeing her in that state he could only imagine what she went through that night.

"Commander Sadies...Rather, Commandant...With preparations to retake Wall Maria underway, perhaps you can guess what brings us here today." Hange started as Kyra leaned back in her chair listening to the conversation.

"Eren. You resemble your mother so much. However, the fangs lurking deep in your eyes are surely your father's." Sadies said.

"Tell me about him! Everything you know!" Eren demanded.

"I know nothing... in the grand scheme of things. However, I can tell you a story
utterly useless to humanity. The story of my past... as a mere bystander. Twenty years ago. Wall Maria. In front of the gates of Shiganshina, he was there." Sadies began to tell his story about how he met Eren's father and mother.

"He couldn't remember why he was outside the walls. All of his memories had been lost. Except that he knew his name was Grisha Jaeger." He explained how he first found Grisha Jaeger as a friendship started to form.

"He truly knew nothing at all. Not about this world... or anything."

"A chosen one...It was the first time anyone told me that. It's true, inside the wall was much too cramped for me." He then moved on to explain what happened the night of the fall of Shiganshina.

"And then I carried your unconscious body back to the shelter. That is everything I know." Sadies finished.

"So that's... it?" Eren asked.

"Now we know the real reason you resigned. Not to atone for the soldiers you killed, but because you realized you were never special. That's the childish reason you're here." Hange said.

"Lay off him, Hange." Captain Levi said.

"Screw your inferiority complex. Don't run from reality. Isn't that what vowing to give our hearts was all about?!" Hange said saluting.

"Let it go, Commander. The commandant was right. I was never special or anything. But...I'm the son of a special man. That's all it is." Eren said.

"After I yelled at her, this what your mother said back. "Why should anyone have to be special? That just isn't the way I like to look at things. And when it comes to my child, I don't care if he grows up to be great. My son doesn't have to be better than anyone"." Sadies finished.

They stood up leaving the room as Kyra stopped to look at the man, "By the way, it's not Teeny. It's Drosera. You caused me a massive headache trying to fix all the papers. I even went through the entire battle of Trost being called Cadet Teeny by Commander Pyxis. See ya around Sadies the Sadist." Kyra said leaving as she heard the man chuckle from inside the room.

"Oh god, Kyra! I thought you were gonna die! I was afraid we'd be bringing your body back without a head." Sasha said frantically as she shook the girl by her shoulders.

Kyra raised an eyebrow at the comment.

"Yeah, seriously, you got balls to be saying that to him!" Connie exclaimed.

"Hell yeah, she does!" Jean agreed.

Kyra sighed rolling her eyes, "Please, you guys are overreacting. Horse-Face, Potato Girl, and Cueball. Don't think I forgot the names he called you, as well. Just be happy that it didn't get filed on your record." Kyra said walking forward as the three of them shrieked.

"Ah! Don't remind us, Kyra!" Jean yelled.

Armin laughed from next to Kyra and Mikasa smiled as they continued walking back to their horses.

This girl was special even if she didn't think so. She was special to them. Whether it be her strong voice of reason, her quip of the tongue, her humor, the reassurance she offers, her strength and ability she has fighting alongside them, either way she is a comrade and friend they admire.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 651 16
| synopsis | - ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด!๐˜ˆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜›๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜น ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ!๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ - Definitely, opening your eyes like a titan in the world of Shinge...
41.4K 985 48
[DISCONTINUED] "๐š„๐š‘๐š–? ๐™ท๐š’?" "๐š†๐šŠ๐š’๐š... ๐šˆ๐š˜๐šž'๐š›๐šŽ ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š– ๐šŠ๐š— ๐šŠ๐š—๐š’๐š–๐šŽ!" ๐™ฐ๐š๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐šœ๐šŒ๐š‘๐š˜๐š˜๐š• ๐šˆ/๐™ฝ ๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐š‘๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ. ๐™ท๐šŽ ๐š ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐š›๐šŽ๏ฟฝ...
596K 22.6K 110
It's natural to want to follow your sibling around everywhere, no matter what. Even if that means joining the Survey Crops and signing your life away...
after you By jade

Fanfiction

63 8 7
you moved to chicago with your dad to live with your new step and new step brother, you think of this as a fresh new start. you met a boy named eren...