The Aftermath (Sequel to The...

By reject_20

Sequel to The Fifth Marauder! Please read it or else you probably won't understand this story. More

Welcome
Wounds
Blood
Not your fault
Hurt
Questions
Bodies
Tattoos
Injuries
Lazy day
Captured pt. 1
Captured pt. 2
Rescued
Vendetta
Questions pt. 2
Wedding
Funeral
Hiding
Regulus
It's a Boy
Marlene
Questions pt. 3
Harry James Potter
Secretkeeper
Traitor?
Pregnant
Names
Birthday
Missing
Girl or Boy?
Azkaban
Questions pt. 4
Loss
September
Five years
Questions pt. 5
The Prisoner of Azkaban
Welcome Back
Boggart
Fat Lady
The Three Broomsticks
Patronus
We meet again
The Calm
The Storm
1995
Letter
Again?
Charlie
Sunny
I must not tell lies
Christmas at Grimmuald Place
Valentines
Twins
The Ministry
Locked up?
Moving in
Weasleys
Calm days
The Burrow
Depressed
First
Bill
Eight Potters
Nightmares
The locket
Breaking in
Brothers
Yaxley
Twin curse
Protection
Teddy
The beginning
Memories
The stone
The battle
Next generation
𝙰 πšœπš˜πšžπš•πš–πšŠπšπšŽ'𝚜 πšπš˜πš˜πšπš‹πš’πšŽ (π™±π™Ύπ™½πš„πš‚ π™²π™·π™°π™Ώπšƒπ™΄πš)
πš†πšŠπš› πš’πšœ π™ΎπšŸπšŽπš› (π™±π™Ύπ™½πš„πš‚ π™²π™·π™°π™Ώπšƒπ™΄πš π™Ώπšƒ. 𝟸)

Hallows Eve

3.9K 129 226
By reject_20

(I'm sorry in advance. I'm crying too. Someone stop chopping onions, please.)

"We should go out. We barely do that anymore."

"Yeah, but where?" I asked and finished painting. "Do you think it's okay for Adhara? And why are we even doing a nursery since I can bet my entire inheritance that you're gonna want her to sleep with us."

"Because I started painting with Pads and you butted in saying that we were doing it wrong." Remus smirked and stood up. "You're nesting."

"I'm not." I protested. The boys gave me a look and I sighed. "So maybe I am. Can you blame me?"

"Sadly, we can't. Your feet swollen yet?" Sirius asked and kissed my forehead.

"Yep, but you learn to smile through the pain. By the way, where's Wormy? Wasn't here coming to help you two?" I asked and sat down.

"Last night he said he was going to meet Dumbledore today, remember?"

"I fell asleep on the sofa after dinner, remember? I don't remember shit from last night." I laughed and Sirius rolled his eyes. "The nursery looks really pretty though. You two did a great job."

"Perfect for our princess."

...

"My jacket? Seriously?"

"Hush up. None of mine fit anymore." I smirked and put it on. "We're taking the bike or we walking?"

"The bike but you're up front." Sirius shrugged and handed me a helmet.

"All right. Can you stop admiring yourself in the mirror and can we go? You promised dinner."

"All right, sunshine. Let's go."

...

"Can you stop?"

"Make me." I smirked and took another picture. "We don't get moments like these often and I'm enjoying them."

"Fine but I'm taking a picture of you, then." Sirius took my camera and took a picture. "Perfect as always."

"Shush."

...

"You look tired, you wanna head back?" Sirius asked and put an arm around me.

"Yeah, it's already dark out. We should drop these sweets at James and Lily's. I'm sure Harry is gonna enjoy them." I smiled and hopped on the motorcycle. "It was a fun day. We should escape more often."

"We really should."

...

"Hey is that Hagrid?"

"Umm, I think. Did the air just get colder than usual or what?" Sirius asked and I nodded.

"Something doesn't feel right. Park right in front of their house." Sirius nodded and we parked.

"Hagrid, what's going on? Is that Harry?" Sirius asked and helped me get off the bike. Hagrid gave him a glare and I grew confused.

"As if you didn't know."

"Hagrid? What happened?" I asked and he started to cry. "Hey, it's okay. Just tell me. Forget about Sirius right now. It's just you and me."

"James and Lily. They're-"

"No!" Sirius yelled and ran inside.

"Where are you taking my godson, Hagrid?" I asked shakily. He looked down and I almost lost my balance. "He's not coming with me, is he?"

"Professor Dumbledore wants him. I have to follow orders. I'm so sorry, Jade." Hagrid said and I started crying.

"No you don't. He's my godson, Hagrid. I'm responsible for him. Just please let me take my godson." I sobbed. Hagrid looked at me in pity and I cried even harder. "Hagrid please!"

"NO!" I heard Sirius yell and he ran outside. "Prongs and Doe! They're- NO!"

"Hagrid I'm asking nicely. Give me my godson. Please." I begged.

"I'll be right back." Sirius mumbled.

"Siri, please. Think of Adhara. Please." I cried and held him. "Not you too. Please."

"I won't kill him. I'm gonna turn him in and set the record straight." Sirius walked towards Hagrid who took a step back. "Hagrid, let me say goodbye to my godson at least."

"Do it for me, Hagrid. Please." He nodded and Sirius held Harry fighting his tears.

"You be good to Jade, little man. I'll be right back, hopefully. After that, we'll get uncle Moony and we'll take good care of you. That's a promise." Sirius kissed Harry's head and handed him back to Hagrid.

"Sirius-"

"I'll be right back, sunshine. I love you so much." Sirius kissed me and wiped my tears. "We both know how this is gonna look. I'm sorry. If I don't come back, tell Adhara that her dad loves her very much."

"I won't because you'll be coming back to us. Tell her yourself." He kissed me one last time before turning to Hagrid. "Take the bike. We're probably not gonna need it anymore."

Sirius dissaparated and I gave a look to Hagrid.

"He didn't do it, you know? It was Peter. It was always Peter."

"Jade-"

"So why don't you give me my godson and we can forget all of this happened?" I crossed my arms. "Please, Hagrid."

"Professor Dumbledore wants him, Jade. We can't keep disobeying orders. He'll let you see Harry, I'm sure of it." I nodded knowing it was a losing fight and wiped my tears.

"Promise me that no harm will come to him, Hagrid. I just want my godson to be safe. Promise me that at least." I took Harry from Hagrid and fought my tears. "I know that it's gonna be tough, but I will get you back Harry, I promise you. We can be a true family, just like your Mum and Dad wanted. I'll see you in a little while."

"We should get going, Jade. You'll be okay?" Hagrid asked and I shook my head.

"My brother is dead, Hagrid. How the hell am I supposed to be okay? Can you at least tell Dumbledore that it wasn't Sirius, for me? He has an unborn daughter to get home to." Hagrid nodded and hugged me. "Now I have to go and look at the disaster that is my brother's home. I'll hopefully see you later."

"Goodbye, Jade."

...

"Prongs, Lils? Please be alive." I cried as I walked inside and saw James' lifeless body on the floor. "No!"

I fell to my knees and grabbed his body pulling it towards me.

"A stag, James! A damn stag. That's all you had to do and Harry would still be here. You would still be here." I cried and my eyes caught some pictures that made me cry even harder. "Fucking Wormtail! He was our brother, your brother."

"Little Vixen? You in here?" I heard Remus call me and I cried even harder. "Jade, what- OH MERLIN NO!"

"Remus." I sobbed and pulled James closer to me. "It was-"

"I know, Jade. I know." Remus cried and pulled me towards him. "I'm here, let it go. Moony's here."

"But Prongs isn't." I sobbed. "My brother's not here, Moony. They took Harry and Sirius left to get Wormtail to confess."

Remus tensed and held me closer.

"I know, Jade. I know. We'll get Harry back, I promise. We can tell Dumbledore where to stuff it and get our nephew back. Sirius will prove he's innocent and we can start over. Just the four of us. Please think of Adhara right now, little Vixen. Please."

"Tell me this is a nightmare, Moony. Tell me that James isn't dead and this is a prank." Remus stayed silent and I sobbed even harder. "He always plays pranks. It's what he does. This is all a prank, I know it."

"Jade-"

"IT'S A PRANK! My brother isn't dead. He promised he wouldn't die. We were going to that together, just like everything else. Just like we've always done. It was always Jade and James against the world." I cried and stood up. "It's just a prank."

"Let me go, Didi. Let me go. I'm so sorry."

"Number Four, Pivet Drive. Petunia's house. Go get my son, Jade."

...

~Sirius POV~

"WORMTAIL HOW COULD YOU DO THIS!?"

"I HAD NO CHOICE!" Peter yelled as I cornered him. Try to stay alive for Adhara and Jade, Sirius. That's all you have to do.

"How about not becoming a Deatheater in the first place. He was our friend, Wormtail. HE WAS OUR BROTHER!" I cried and pulled out my wand. "Just come with me and I can make sure nothing terrible happens to you."

"Walk away, Pads. Go home and hide."

I looked around thinking this was some sick prank but there was no one there, just Peter and I. Suddenly I was thrown to the ground and saw Peter with his wand out.

"Walk away now, Sirius. For Adhara."

"Peter stop! You're gonna kill someone!" I yelled and blocked the spells.

"You shouldn't have made me secretkeeper in the first place."

...

"Sirius Black! You are arrested for the murder of thirteen people, treason, and violating the rules of secretkeeper." I froze and looked around to see that I was surrounded by aurors. I looked at the scene in front of me and my blood ran cold. Where's Peter?

"Idiot! What about your daughter and wife? I told you to walk away, Padfoot."

"I didn't do it! It was Peter Pettigrew! He's the one who did it!" I cried and fell to my knees. "I have a pregnant wife, please let me explain. I beg you!"

"It's too late for that." The aurors grabbed me and took my wand. I tried to fight but it was a lost cause.

My beautiful sunshine, I am so sorry for what I've done. I love you.

...

~Jade's POV~

"There isn't a single person in this world who won't know his name."

"Beautiful words, Professor. But I'm here to get my godson. So if you'll excuse me." I wiped my tears and walked towards him. "Out of all places, you had to send him to the gates of hell? He has other family you know? Remus, the Weasley's, the Longbottoms, me."

"Jade-"

"Don't. I lost my brother and sister at the same night. I don't know what's happening to my husband, who by the way, is completely innocent. I could lose every single thing that's important to me, but I refuse to lose my godson tonight. Now move the fuck away and let me take him. I'll leave the damn country of it means he'll be safe. I heard Ilvermony is a great school and I have no fucking problem dealing with the cultural adjustment. Hell, I'll even raise him the muggle way. I don't care about that. Just give me my godson." I glared at Dumbledore and he sighed.

"Albums, maybe it's best if we let Harry stay with her and Remus." Minnie butted in and I looked at her in thanks.

"Professor, please. He's all I have left of James and Lily. He's like a son to me. Just let me take care of him." I begged. Dumbledore shook his head and I cried. "You arrogant, little-"

"Jade!" Minnie scolded me and held me back.

"The at least help me find my husband. It wasn't him, it was Peter. He was secretkeeper! Please just help me get Sirius. He has a daughter to get back to." I cried and held my bump. "Please Professor."

"Jade, I'm terribly sorry but I cannot help you. Sirius Black was made secretkeeper and he decided to sell your brother out to Voldemort. There is nothing I can do. I'm sorry, but this is completely out of my hands." Dumbledore said and Minnie and Hagrid had to hold me upright.

"Can I at least come visit my godson once in a while. Please." I begged.

"I'm afraid that is completely up to Petunia. I'm sorry." Dumbledore said and left. I looked towards the Dursley house to find Petunia grabbing Harry and taking him inside.

"Why that lying, little-"

"James!"

I walked towards the park close to their house and started to cry again.

"I'm sorry Bam Bam. I'm so fucking sorry I wasn't there to help you. I'm sorry that Harry was taken from us. I'm so fucking sorry." I sobbed and felt a hand in my shoulder. I looked around but there was nobody there.

"It's not your fault, Didi. It never was. And I'll never leave you. I promise."

...

"Did you-"

"Nope. Dumbledore doesn't want us to take Harry. Even though I told him that I'd even leave the country and move to America or some shit." I mumbled and sat on the sofa at James and Lily's house. "So now what's left? Sirius isn't here, Wormtail's a traitor, Adhara won't stop kicking, and part of my family's gone. When did it all turn to shit, Moony? What did I do wrong?"

Remus sat down next to me and put a hand on my bump.

"You didn't do anything wrong, little Vixen. We never thought this would happen. We'll get Harry back one day. But for now it looks like it's just you, me and Adhara. You know that Sirius won't escape from this one. He can't charm his way out just like he did back in school. But I won't leave you. That's a promise." Remus said and I tensed starting to cry again.

"Don't promise me anything, Moony. I can't take any more broken promises." I cried and leaned towards him. "Just stay with me. I don't want to be alone."

"I'll stay with you. Until the end."

"Until the end."

"Stay with her, Moony. This isn't going to turn out okay. I'm sorry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 8.9K 43
❝𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 π’šπ’π’–, 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 π’‚π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’”.❞ IN WHICH their fates were aligned by all the gods above. They were meant to...
3.8K 128 30
Remus Lupin- a confused teenage boy at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Remus has secrets, two big secrets. One of which the rest of his f...
426K 14.2K 30
❝It would be an honor to have my heart crushed by you.❞ The universe had never meant to bring Celeste Malfoy and Remus L...
258K 6.2K 35
---------❀˖⁺. ΰΌΆ β‹†Λ™βŠΉβ€--------- a james potter love story ---------❀˖⁺. ΰΌΆ β‹†Λ™βŠΉβ€--------- ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ click on my profile to see outfits and m...