๐“๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐„๐•๐„๐‘ ๐…๐€๏ฟฝ...

By mortaldoll

โ I ๐๐„๐‚๐€๐Œ๐„ A ๐Œ๐Ž๐๐’๐“๐„๐‘ ๐๐Ž๐“ BECAUSE ๐ˆ WANTED ๐“๐Ž๐Ž. โž โ–‹โคท ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, a manic heretic a... More

TILL FOREVER FALLS APART
( graphics. )
( evaluation. )
( prologue. )
( part one. )
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
( part two. )
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
( part three. )

14

3.6K 157 168
By mortaldoll

XV

FOURTEEN.
every story begins with tragedy.

1840

MOST CHILDREN SPEND their lives adoring their parents. Idolizing their heroes, wanting to become them when they grow old. Yet, some parents don't always leave a mark of heroism in every child's life.

      This was the case for Eden King.

      She was destined to a life of loneliness the minute she was born. Even being a twin, she still felt loneliness within her. There was nothing she found that would fix that gape in her heart.

     She was different than the rest of the kids in her coven. Who could produce magic like normal witches and warlocks were meant to be. Eden was much different, and because of her obscure way of practicing magic, she was turned away at a very young age.

      That wasn't the only trouble she faced.

      In the coven she was in, there was a legacy to be upheld by twins on their twenty-second birthday. They'd have to merge, in order to find the next coven leader. Meaning, only one would make it out alive.

      Her twin brother, Ezra King, had trouble initiating his magic. Unlike him, Eden was overwhelmed with what she was able to do. Unintentionally, siphoning items holding magic within them. People. When the coven and her family made the startling discover, there was no way to predict what fate the Gemini Coven may face.

      As long as Ezra King had trouble discovering his magic—Eden King carried the advantage. A distinct advantage that may lead to Ezra King's death.

The Gemini Coven couldn't allow a tainted soul like Eden King carry power over them all. Have their life be endangered by the fate of one.

There was no predicting what had to be done, but something had to happen to prevent Eden King from taking the pedestal.

Eden King tried to maintain a good behavior in the public eye. Vying for the support of others; Hoping for someone to have faith that little Eden King wasn't the danger everyone had seen. She was capable of leading, even if she had strange powers.

      Marlene and Alistair King couldn't believe all the publicity their family had achieved over one of their children. It was unimaginable how much power Eden King held over the Gemini Coven—and its wasn't good for either of them.

      They had never encountered the siphoning abilities with any other member. If they did, it was never spoken of again. Being parent to a peculiar child like Eden King, meant many hardships that they barely had any insight on how to handle.

      Marlene was no stranger to what immense power could do to someone. She had seen it firsthand with her older twin brothers. One developed it stronger connection to his power. Harold Parker was a skilled warlock, allowing him to ascend to the role of Coven leader with ease. Eliminating his twin brother with no remorse.

Marlene was sure if Eden was allowed the opportunity her brother was given, she would strive to follow the same fate at her uncle—and Marlene couldn't bare the thought of seeing her own children fight for such a tragic fate.

Alístair King along with Harold Parker kept a close eye on the blossoming Eden. Who seemed to grow powerful day by day. They had to prove to themselves that the decision yet to come would be an appropriate one to handle Eden's gifts.

This had become very clear for the King's and Harold when Eden had made a deadly mistake.

Eden was known to be friendly with her younger sister, Delilah, whom she believed to be innocent, and didn't judge her for the power she possessed. She was unbiased as it gets. Eden tried to aspire to be the best older sister she could be. Perhaps then, she could actually gain the trust and love of someone.

       Eden braided her younger sisters hair, as they calmly sat on the porch of their lovely home. It was quiet in the King residence, as calm as the home could be.

       Before Eden King could tie up the braid, an adventurous Delilah abruptly stood up to chase a floating dandelion that flew past her view. Eden was taken by her younger sisters action, she quickly jumped up grabbing ahold of her arm.

      "I wasn't finished, Lilah!" Eden exclaimed, as she tried to pulled her younger sister back. Delilah fought against her older sister's grip.

In a flash, Delilah yelled from agonizing pain. Eden was confused as to why. She hadn't realized the red glow from her hand, that was slowly draining the magic from her sister. Alistair King quickly came running out the home, staring in horror at what his eldest daughter was doing to the youngest.

Alistair quickly pulled Eden's arm away from Delilah. Marlene had followed behind her husband, taking young Delilah in her arms. Fear was written all over her face, as Eden stared strangely at everyone.

Marlene and Alistair knew they couldn't risk their children's lives keeping Eden. They had believed eventually they could subdue Eden's power, and give Ezra the ability to grow stronger.

But everything they tried, she seemed to overcome. They had to resort to the last decision they had. Which was sending Eden away in hopes of giving them more time.

The days after christmas was when everything was put together. Tonight was the night Eden Kings life would change.

Harold had asked the King's to allow him to handle it. Marlene trusted her older brother would take well care of Eden.

At midnight, when all the townsfolk had gone to bed. Eden King laid peacefully in her's. Wrapped under the covers, as the slight breeze came through the crack in the window.

      An anxious Marlene and stern Alistair waited in the parlor of there home. Awaiting the knock on the door that would get rid of all their troubles.

      "Tonight, we rid ourselves of that child." Alistair gritted through this teeth. As he stood in the middle of the room.

      Marlene nervously smoothed the wrinkles on her skirt. "How can we be sure this is the solution we need, Alistair?"

      "This is the only solution, my love." Alistair assured his wife. "Once we rid of Eden, Ezra will have the chance to grow without her incessant disruption."

      Before Marlene could respond, a demanding knock rang through there door. Marlene glanced worriedly at Alistair, who rushed towards the sound. He opened the door to find Harold Parker, awaiting for the door to be opened.

"Harold." Alistair sternly welcomed, moving aside and allowing his brother-in-law to enter. He stepped passed the threshold, his glaze shifting to his younger sister who stood in worried.

"Where is she?" He asked, Marlene glanced at her husband to answer; As she didn't have the courage to be apart of this decision. He turned to Alistair who pointed up the stairs.

Harold headed straight up the stairs, Alistair following his quick pace. At the end of the hall, was a door creaked slightly opened. He treaded lightly down the hall, hoping not to awake the other two children in the home. As this was an issue between him and little Eden.

     As he reached the door, he adjusted his grip on the door handle. He opened it wider to find a sleeping Eden. Absolutely oblivious to what was about to happen.

      Harold approached the bed, bending down and pulling out a vintage syringe from his pocket. It was herbs that would subdue her, making her unconscious enough for travel.

      Before the needle could have contact with her arm, Eden jumped awake. She was frightened at the sight of her uncle kneeling beside her bed. She scooted towards the opposite end. Harold acted upon instinct, grabbing Eden into his arms—even when she tried to resist.

     Eden let out screams as she tried pushing the muscular arm off her small torso. Harold pulled her out of her small bed, taking her out the room. Eden kicked her legs and clawed on his jacket, in hopes of being freed. Harold eagerly rushed down the stairs keeping his grip.

      Marlene was shook by the screams her daughter let out. She watched as little Eden pleaded to her mother.

       "DONT LET HIM TAKE ME!"

Alistair shifted to stand beside his wife, placing an arm around her shoulders. "This is for the best."

Eden was shattered at the sight of her parents. The ones who were supposed to love her most, didn't help her at her worst. They were never the hero's in her story, but the villains who started it all.

Eden placed her small arms on his, letting the red glow emit from them. Harold groaned from the pain before waving his hand. Little Eden stopped fighting as her body went limp. Harold was thankful that the rest of the ride would go with no complication.

      Eden had no recollection of what happened next. She had began to awake when they approached a rural area, where's a stable home stood tall. Surrounded by trees for miles. Not another home insight.

      Eden shifted in her seat, as the bumps in the dirt road stirred her awake. Harold kept a steady on Eden, assuring she didn't have anything planned.

When the carriage stopped, Harold lifted Eden in his arms, stepping off the carriage, being welcomed to the cold breeze. He stared at the home, hopping he had arrived to the right place.

He treaded over to the front door. Walking up the steps on the porch. He hastily knocked on the door. A woman dressed in a light blue dress opened the door, catching a glimpse of the small girl in his hands.

"I have an issue to be taken care of." He spoke, catching her wondering eyes. "Her parents aren't sure what to do... So I brought her here."

The lady let a mischievous smile brown on her lips. "Well, you've come to the right place."

After that, Eden awoke on an unfamiliar bed. She gasped awake, her eyes worriedly examine the room she was in. She sat up, as she remembered what happens before she fell unconscious. Tears began to well up in the little girls eyes. She had felt betrayal for the first time—and it wasn't a good feeling.

She heard the sound of a door creek. A woman dressed in a blue dress, with an long apron over it. She had her hand folded in front of her, a smile grew on her lips.

"Eden King," She welcomed with a soothing, yet evil voice. "We are so glad to have you here."

"My name is Miss. Wardwell, and I'll assure you, Eden, you'll find a home here."

That was the first lie she was told as she arrived there. She had adjusted to the awful lies the longer she stayed. Eden had lost all hopes of getting out. At first, she believed her parents had made a mistake of sending her there, but as the days grew longer, she realized there was no one coming to her rescue.

      She had learned to accept that early on.

      Eden had gained privileges to mingle with other patients, but was quickly taken away as others began to mess with her. She had grown angrier than usual, and had siphoned more magic than she was used to.

      Soon, she didn't meet with anyone at all. She was closed off in her windowless room. Left alone with her thought and memories that haunted her.

     She grew claustrophobic during the days, and she released it all by screaming and banging on the door. Pleading to be let out. Her voice had grown dry and cold more than once, and her eyes sore from the dry less tears.

     Then came the long needles and restraints holding her down. This had been one of the worst periods in her life. She was barely a teenager when she was experiencing outburst with her magic. Her bunker had slowly began to receive damage, and it's weaken estate wouldn't be able to handle Eden for long.

     The nurse had decided to resort to medication. To weaken her magic, and herself. She was become a danger to the nurses and the sanitarium itself. Eden had resisted it at first, as she didn't know what it would do to her.

      The feeling after was the worst, she hated what it did to her. Making her skin feel cold, and her thoughts scrambled. It worsened her as she felt she had totally lost herself.

Perhaps she did.

She didn't recognized the person she was anymore. It felt surreal living in the body she did, suffering all the pain she endured. At night, is when she felt most dissociative from herself. When it was most quiet and she didn't understand why she was given this life to live.

     All she understood was she had to survive the retched life she was given. No matter the circumstance.

Eventually with time, she would be given the opportunity to heal her wounds. Yet, she believed that no matter how long she would have to live with them... they'd never learn to heal.

A/N: ahh this chapter made me sad, but i'm so proud of it! i was having trouble writing at first the i thought... f l a s h b a c k! in so glad i did at the end. THANK YOU FOR 2K!

—mina<33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.5K 2.9K 45
๐‹๐ž๐จ๐ง๐จ๐ซ๐š ๐Œ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...
153K 2.7K 21
Elizabeth Marshall is someone who has suffered a lot since she was kicked out of her house. Her sister Hayley Marshall was also kicked out too. She a...
67K 2.4K 86
"๐–๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐›๐ž ๐š๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ...๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐œ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐œ๐ก๐š๏ฟฝ...
302K 7.2K 49
Ranked #2 in #niklaus stories โ˜บ๏ธ *** in which a thousand years later, a young woman is back from her slumber and will do whatever it takes to win bac...