Hiraeth (Bakugo Katsuki x Oc)...

By Crimson_Ros3

Soulmates, she was never sure what to think of them. Everyone is born with the words that their soulmate will... More

Ch.1 - Prologue
Ch.2 - Robots
Ch.3 - A New Tune
Ch.4 - Quirk Apprehension Test
Ch.5 - Epiphany
Ch.6 - Acceptance
Ch.7 - USJ
Ch.8 - Outcome
Ch.9 - Consternation
Ch.10 - A Kickstart
Ch.11 - Let the Games Begin
Ch.12 - Headbands
Ch.13 - Zap
Ch.14 - Detonation
Ch.15 - Rabbits
Ch.16 - Encounter
Ch.17 - Conflagration
Ch.19 - Rescue Trial
Ch.20 - Smokescreen
Ch.21 - Rendezvous
Ch.22 - Shadows Have Shadows
Ch.23 - Falling In Love
Ch.24 - Veracity
Ch.25 - Pâro
Ch.26 - Monachopsis
Ch.27 - Stress
Ch.28 - Wonderwall
Ch.29 - Unfair Setups
Ch.30 - Alexithymia
Ch.31 - Glide
Ch.32 - Long Time No See
Ch.33 - Switch
Ch.34 - Eccedentesiast
Ch.35 - Petrichor
Ch.36 - Expressive
Ch.37 - Glare
Ch.38 - Diamond
Ch.39 - Altercation
Ch.40 - The End

Ch.18 - Fuzzy

9K 436 149
By Crimson_Ros3

Ch.18 - Fuzzy

Bakugo physically couldn't take his eyes of the screen of the TV in his hotel room. It was broadcasting the building that had caught fire in central Shibuya, and surprisingly Miruko had come to the rescue; with her new intern too. Why is it a surprise? You ask, well, this kind of situation called for rescue heroes, Miruko being combat oriented basically meant that this wasn't necessarily what she was known for.

That wasn't what had Bakugo captivated, no, it was Miruko's intern. He had briefly talked to Senshi about who she was interning with, though she had said it hadn't been confirmed; so in the end Bakugo had no idea who she was going with. Well that was until now when he saw his soulmate run into a burning building, he wasn't worried..... he was concerned

He had waltzed into his hotel room at around 5pm, after another day of hair-spray and patrol, just putting on the news because he had nothing else to watch; after all hotel TVs don't have any good TV shows. And then his interest peaked when the reporter mentioned something about "Miruko and her new intern saving people in a burning building", and that led to now; Bakugo sat on his hotel bed, his eyes not leaving the screen for a moment.

Miruko had left the building, carrying three people at that. Yet what concerned Bakugo was that Senshi hadn't left the building, or as the reporters were referring to her as "Power Field". Senshi hadn't actually verbally said her name, so he didn't catch it.

Within the next few minutes, a window was smashed on the top floor, a staircase seemingly made out of  a blue transparent energy coming out of it. He would definitely not admit that he felt somewhat relieved, though that didn't mean all of his concern had been snuffed quite yet. An old woman began to climb out, walking down the stairs.

Bakugo could see his soulmate begin to climb out of the window, though before she could even set a foot outside, the building collapsed. Bakugo could feel panic and dread surge though him, whether those feelings were his, he didn't know. He could hear the reporter shout in panic, as well as the audio from those around the scene.

She and the boy she was carrying were nowhere in sight, beneath the rubble. His concern was spiked, no one, not even All Might, would get out of that unharmed. So the fact that a fifteen year old girl was stuck under there with a child, was not exactly promising. Good news, the fire was out, though Bakugo couldn't care less.

Where, the fuck, was his soulmate?

His crimson red eyes bore into the TV screen for what felt like hours, when in reality it was only five minutes. Bakugo did breathe for those minutes, at least that's what it felt like. Watching the pros and any form of emergency service try so desperately to dig up the rubble which everyone was watching with anticipation, it was a deathly silence.

Then they were found, the reported began to talk again, his tone that of relief. First the boy was found, taken into an ambulance. He looked fine, but Bakugo was still concerned for Senshi. It was true gore, genuinely disgusting. I mean, she had a metal pole, going through her fucking abdomen. If that isn't disgusting Bakugo didn't know what was.

But for some reason, he simply felt as though he had to continue watching; for Senshi's sake. His subconscious was telling him to do this for the reason that he was her soulmate, aka it was his job to make sure she was safe; but Bakugo himself really wasn't sure.

Even with the TV now turned off, he couldn't stop thinking about it. She could have died, wait........ is she dead?

********

The bumps in the road were the things Senshi was focusing on, not the paramedic placing an oxygen mask on her face, not the other paramedic giving Senshi pain medication; just the calming things. Senshi could feel herself fading, but she didn't want to fall asleep, that would be bad. Though the thought of a sweet blissful sleep was also tugging at her eyelids.

"Honey I'm going to need you to stay awake, okay?" A kind nurse said, she looked to be in her late twenties, though Senshi couldn't really tell. As a response, Senshi hummed, not bothering to concentrate on much more than the bumps in the road. Senshi was aware that Miruko was in the ambulance with her, looking at her with guilt and concern. Senshi didn't blame Miruko for anything that had happened, it was Senshi's fault for not being able to get out.

Though slowly, Senshi began to feel as though everything was underwater, muffled as it was. The conversations between the paramedics were no longer so loud, it was more like a background instrument in a song. Senshi knew they were doing something to her abdomen, yet she wasn't aware what had actually happened there. The pain had began to fade, only more adding to her floating, underwater feeling.

It was a sense of tranquillity.

Though it ended quickly as Senshi succumbed to her much wanted sleep, much to the dismay of the paramedics who were trying their best to keep her awake. It was safe to say that Senshi did lose a lot of blood, though keeping a metal pole in her abdomen was key because otherwise, she may bleed out.

It was only at the hospital they could actually do anything.

Of course, Senshi needed emergency surgery to remove the pole and connect the tissue that had been separated; along with the nerves and blood vessels. It was a long surgery, very specific parts needing to be re-attached, down to a microscopic level. Though thankfully no major organs were hit, but that didn't mean it wasn't serious. It took seventeen hours for everything to be re-attached plus healing (thank god for quirks), though Senshi wasn't expected to wake up right after it.

Though all Senshi can remember was the fall and being under the rubble, the rest was drugs.

********

Slow beeps and sunlight was what welcomed Senshi when she awoke. Senshi didn't actually open her eyes, though she knew it was day because the light was shining uncomfortably on her face. Senshi also felt an oxygen mask on her face, slightly uncomfortable, but necessary. Her limbs felt like lead, and in all honesty, Senshi just wanted to go back to sleep.

But thinking back to why she was actually here would be a good start. Senshi remembered most of the event, unimportant parts being erased from her memory. Though she couldn't help but wonder how the boy was, the one she saved that is. A squeeze of her hand brought her from her thoughts and back to reality, opening one eye was a task, it was like lifting a heavy weight you've never attempted to lift before.

The person, well more accurately people, who were sat next to her were none other than her parents. Her mother to her right, and her father to the left. With both eyes open, Senshi looked around to see herself in a basic hospital room. Clock, chairs, bed, wires etc. Senshi had a few tubes hooked up to her, which was slightly alarming. The bed sheets were a crisp white, the ceiling and walls too. Senshi was in a blue hospital gown, with a dotted pattern on it. Senshi felt that her hair was still in a ponytail, one that was falling slightly.

Her father seemed to be the person who noticed Senshi's limited activity, seeing her eyes wondering in silently. "Honey, you awake?" He asked tenderly, Senshi's mother now taking notice too.

Senshi hummed, not feeling like talking was the method of communication today.

"You know, that was pretty reckless, what you did back there." Her mother added, Senshi looking down shamefully. She knew all of that, the whole situation was reckless. "But, as I'm sure your father can agree, we're so damn proud of you."

That...... that wasn't the reaction Senshi was expecting. She knew that her mother would definitely have something to say, though that wasn't what Senshi thought it would be. Both of her parents hugged her gingerly, as to not put any pressure on her wounds. Speaking of wounds, what actually happened?

"Um, what injuries did I have?" Her voice was a whisper, she did attempt to talk, though her throat felt like sand paper, and now Senshi realised it, she was parched.

"Well-" Her father breathed out a laugh "-what injuries didn't you have?" Her mother seemed to agree with him, which was a change. It also took a while, but Senshi did notice how for once, there wasn't a tense atmosphere; it was just pure relief.

"Well, to begin with, you were struck by a tonne of concrete. Though the worst thing that happened was a pole going through your abdomen, which is all fine now. Thanks to the nurses here with healing quirks, you're fine" Natsuko, aka Senshi's mom confirmed. It all made sense now, that pain that is. Senshi nodded in acknowledgement as a nurse came in.

It was also revealed to Senshi that she was unconscious for twenty hours, which Senshi could agree, was the best sleep she'd ever had. Senshi didn't have any more injuries, though was advised to stay the night so the nurses could monitor her surgery. Her parents did have to leave eventually, which actually left Senshi with a lonely feeling.

Checking her phone -seeing as some of her belongings were given to her-, Senshi was gifted with a lot of messages from her class group chat. Most of it was regarding the fire, people asking her if she was okay, and then panicking because she didn't respond. It was weird, people in her old school never did that. Well, they never had the need to. Most people just ignored her, though this feeling was nice to say the least.

She dropped a quick message saying she was fine, then people began to calm down. Though one private message was one that caught her eye the most.

Bakugo Katsuki

Are you dead?

Well, she wasn't dead, which was certainly a relief. But what actually caused Senshi to have an unknown fluttery feeling in her heart was the concept that Bakugo would actually message her. She wasn't one of those stupid anime girls who simps for the main character, no. Senshi just knew that Bakugo wasn't  the type to message just anyone, he had to be actually worried. 

That was his job though, they were soulmates, they were going to have to learn to look out for each other. And that concept would be something that neither of them would take for granted later on in life.

Tate Senshi

No, thanks for asking.

It seemed that her response was the trigger for them to continue talking about their internships, well, mostly Bakugo poking fun at Senshi while she just answered back intelligently. Bakugo hated that so much, her intelligence. He hated that he loved it. She always was rational, and knew what to say. He was similar in a way, though he'd often lose his cool and act upon emotions. He knew he needed to improve in that area, and as for now, he'd subconsciously look up to the person he's forever bound upon.

Well, he also needed to desperately fix his hair too; but that was a minor problem compared to the weird feelings his soulmate gave him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 4.2K 29
You were in class 1A therefore had to deal with the hatred from class 1B just because of Bakugou. After the sports festival one of the students peake...
15.2K 360 39
(Completed) in this noncanon future, a large family full of doctors with soulmate quirks started sharing their power with the world. But (Y/n) doesn'...
21.8K 1K 26
!! TRIGGER WARNING !! mentions : homophobia, suicides when you're born you are born with a date only you could see tattooed onto your body. that da...
152K 4.2K 36
Izuku was a happy go lucky guy, he was! Though that of course could only get one so far... Especially when he learns that he has 2 soulmates, and one...