Lemon Tea | Dahyun x FemReader

By oliviahyeswolf

Y/N has two jobs, as a barista and as a bartender. She is surrounded by very caring and nice friends/coworke... More

2 | encounter
3 | sweetness
4 | getting closer
5 | friends
6 | party
7 | first date
8 | dinner 18+
[update!]

1 | work day

966 33 13
By oliviahyeswolf

I woke up and went to the bathroom to get ready for work. I made myself breakfast, today I craved some egg with the leftover fried rice from last night. I got out of my pyjama and in my outfit for today.
[your outfit]

I had to get up pretty early, cause I have to open the café today and prepare everything. When I arrived, my coworker was already waiting, I'm glad she offered me her help.

"Good morning Y/N" she said with a soft smile.

"Good morning Jisoo, I hope you didn't have to wait for a long time." I know she voluntary came to help me, but I still feel bad that she had to wake up so early because of me.

"No, I just arrived too, I hope you slept well. I know you're not that good at waking up so early in the morning."

"Haha, yeah, it wasn't easy, but I slept better than I thought and it's not like I have a choice." Our boss is sick currently, therefor she gave me the response for the café. Not sure why she thought I will be the most trustworthy person, but I take it as a compliment and also I think she did on purpose to annoy me -.-

I open the front door and we go inside. First, we place all the chairs down and put some flowers and candles on the tables. Jisoo got in the back and started to prepare the ovens for our homemade breads. I prepare the coffee area and the counter. I go to the back to get some cake and fresh croissants and bring them to the front counter, I place them behind the glass. I love how cozy this place can be, the only thing that's left is some music. I got startled for a moment, cause exactly in that moment music started to play. I look around and see Jisoo laughing cause of my reaction.
[The café looks something like this, of course you can have your own imagination in your head^^]

"It's so easy to scare you! Anyways, are you finished?" Her laugh makes me laugh too.I look at the clock and see its almost time to open the café.

"Eh yeah, I'm finished."

"Ok good, you're staying behind the counter, right?" I nod.

"You got this, I know its early, but prepare your best attitude for the costumers. I'm gonna work in the back and in 20 minutes I will bring you the first buns." It's funny that she gives me orders even tho I'm the one who's supposed to be the boss here. But she knows what she does and I don't care really.

"Of course, I'm an expert at faking emotions and putting a fake smile on." I'm not sure if I really should've said that, but that's my way to cope with everything: I have a mental breakdown? Let's make some jokes about it!

Jisoo just giggles and shakes her head. Anyways, it's time to open the café.

After 10 minutes the first costumers arrive and make their orders. I recognize some of them and some are new to me. But nonetheless all of them are kind to me. I really like this job, I didn't think it would be so good for me. But talking with strangers the whole day, pushed my social skills and I'm pretty proud of that.

The hours past by pretty quick, I took a break since two other coworkers came for their shift, Yeji and Siyeon. They really nice and I'm pretty lucky to have such cool coworkers.

I go to our small book lounge and sit down to relax and drink my own coffee. I close my eyes, but my try to relax got destroyed when I heard a voice calling my name.

"Hey Y/N, I know it's your break, but Yeji asks for your help. Would you be so kind? I give you one of my homemade cinnamon buns for free!" I open my eyes and see Jisoo pouting, I sigh.

"That's unfair you know that cinnamon buns are my favorite. You better not break this deal!" I get up and go to Yeji, she's at the counter.

"Hey, what's the problem?"

"Oh Y/N can you help with this machine. I got so confused! I don't know how to use it. And I don't want to disturb Siyeon, she needs to serve our costumers. And as the new waitress I need to know how everything works!" Yeji tears up a little bit, I can see that her new role really stresses her, originally our real boss was supposed to teach Yeji, but since she's sick nobody could teach her everything.

"It's okay Yeji, calm down first. It's absolutely normal to have problems or make mistakes, okay?" I rub her shoulder and smile at her, to calm her down. She nods slowly.

"Okay, first here is where you turn it off and on." I show her the button in the back of the machine.

"If you need simple coffee just press here and this can will fill with our coffee..." I show her the basics and after some minutes Yeji get's more confident with the machine.

"Okay, well for now that's it, here I give you our recipe book. If you have problems remembering everything use the book. I need it too sometimes, especially when some costumers have a complicated order with a lot of changes and whatsover. But if you need more help just ask, okay? I know you can do it, you're a good waitress."

"Thank you Y/N!" She hugs me tightly and starts working. I watch her for some minutes, she's always nice to our customers and as I can see she now understands how our new machine works.

I rested a little bit more, till I switch again with Siyeon.

time pasts

"Good day Y/N" A male costumer says with a bright smile.

"Oh, hello Mike! Good to see you. How's school?" I know him pretty well, cause he comes here for 4 months already. He's a student from Germany and planned to spend one year in South Korea.

"Great! Thanks for asking. Anyways, as you know I would like to have an iced Americano with an extra pump of hazelnut syrup."

I make him his drink and as a surprise, a free chocolate cookie.

"Here you go, that would be 4,100 won" [btw I have no idea if that price makes sense D:]

Mike pays for his drink and we say goodbye.

After him comes a woman, I remember her. But I have no idea who she is, she always wears a mask.
She comes not regulary, but still at least twice a week for 6 weeks or longer. We never really talked, usually we always have a friendship with our regulars. But of course I won't force her, if she's not interested, then I have to respect that [some people really have to take this as an advice].

"Hello, what can I get for you?"

"Hello, I would like to have a this bun with quark." She points at the bun she wants.

"Is that everything? If you want something to drink, I recommend either the homemade lemon tea or our special latte macchiato." She looks like she thinks about my offer, she looks around.

"The lemon tea." I wait a little bit, maybe she wants more, cause she still looks above me where our menu is.

"Do you want to drink it here or to go?" She startled a little bit, I can't help myself but giggle.

"Sorry" I said.

"No need to be sorry, and I would like to drink and eat here." I can't see her mouth but her eyes tell me she is smiling. Just now I realized how pretty her eyes are. I nod and tell Yeji the order, she shows the woman where she can sit and comes back to make the order. Meanwhile, I already worked on the order from our next costumer. My shift is almost over for today. The café itself closes in 4 hours. But for some of us, that's not the end of work, 2 of us always clean the café and others just start working after the café closes. Next to the café is a nightclub, the owners are the same. So simple explained, from 7am to 7pm the building is a café and from 8pm to 3am it's a nightclub. I thinkt hat's pretty cool and gives you a great variety. At daytime I keep people caffeinated and at night I become Batman! Jk I keep them drunk.

"Excuse me?" I hear a soft voice behind me. I turn around and see the woman with the mask.

"Yes?"

"I have a question, these buns do you guys really make them here?"

"Yes we do, I think it's a family recipe from our boss. Why are you asking?" Most of our homemade pastries recipes are from our boss's family. They're known for their baking skill for decades.

"I really like it, I have to order it more often. Maybe next time I'm bringing a friend, so I can show her how good this café is."

"I'm happy to hear that, it would mean a lot to us if you would come more often." She's a little shocked by my comment, but why?

"Oh why's that?" Her tone sounded like she was afraid about something.

"Eh cause we just want the best for our customers and we are always really happy and glad to hear that they like it here and especially if they say they will recommend us to their friends. I didn't mean to overwhelm you, I'm sorry."

"Oh god no, I don't know why I reacted like that. I just thought you said this because of a different reason." I don't know what she means by that. Whatever.

"Well, I wish you a great day." I said and give Yeji a sign that she can clean the table and get the dirty dishes.

"You too. Can I ask for your name?"

"My name is Y/N."

"Okay, then goodbye Y/N. Till next time." I wave her goodbye and she leaves the café.

"Do you know her?" Yeji asked.

"Eh no, she's just a costumer." What made me realize I didn't ask her for her name. But she said 'till next time' so I can ask her the next time we will meet.

I finish my shift and clean my workspace. I greet Mark and Jungeun aka our Queen Lip, my coworkers who replace me and Jisoo. I say goodbye to everyone and go home.

Right before I open my front door, I feel someone hugging my waist.

"HELLO~ Y/N" sigh, she too adorable.

"Hey Chuu, how was your day?" I turn around and smile at her.

"Good, but I missed you!" She hugs me even tighter, for a small cute human she has lots of power.

"Chuu she needs to breath!" Yves tries to pull Chuu away from me.

"Yeah yeah okay, how was your day?" Chuu pulls away.

"Pretty good too, it was really busy, but I still had fun."

"Chuu you know what our mission is?"

"Yes. Mission We-Do-Everything-So-Y/N-Can-Release-Stress-And-Will-Sleep-Like-A-Baby started now!" Yves takes my key out of my hand and opens the door. I just stand in the hallway, cause I'm absolutely confused. They push me to my couch and start to take my shoes and jacket off.

"You stay there!" They both say.

"But-"

"NO BUTS" they push me down again and glare at me. I put my hands up the air and lean back. They start to make dinner, prepare the bathtub, prepare my pyjama and turn on the tv. They do this often and I enjoy it, cause it's hard for me to relax. I'm really glad to have them as my best friends, they try to help me all the time with all my problems.

Atfer some time

We all sit on my couch and eat dinner while watching some YouTube videos on my tv.

"Damn, I'm full now, thanks girls for the nice dinner. And also thank you for hanging out with me."

"No problem Y/N, we love to do these things with you. You know that we love you and after a hard day you deserve some rest, that's what friends are for." Chuu says while looking at me with a smile and those cute eyes.

"And you helped us build our new furniture, so we have to give you something back."

"But that's what friends are for, right?" I said winking at them. Chuu wants to do a group hug. Yves and I look at her with an annoyed look, but we both can't resist her cuteness.

"Oh come on guys, just one hug!" She pouts and Yves and I exchange looks again. We scare Chuu cause we jump in her direction and give her a tight hug with a lots of kisses.

"AAAH GUYS, I can't breath!" She tries to push us away, but we attack her even more.

The rest of the night we watched more videos and a movie. We cuddled together on my couch.

"Do you guys want to stay here overnight? I have a night shift tomorrow." They jumped in surprise and said "YES~" together.

It was quite for a while, we are all focused on the movie.

"Hey Y/N, I wanted to ask you something. I thought about it, cause Chuu talked recently a lot about love and relationships. And I was wondering if you have experience with that? I ask cause you never mention anyone in your life." Yves suddenly asked me that, honestly I'm surprised she asked about love. She seems like someone who knows a lot about it.

"Eh, well I've had relationships before, but I don't know... I think I'm not the right person to ask." All my relationships weren't that long or serious, I don't know what's the problem but it doesn't bother me anyways.

"So there no one in your life right now? No one you think is cute or interesting? No one at work? Jisoo is pretty cool."

"No, there's not and yeah, Jisoo is cool, but I'm not interested to be in a relationship with her. I just didn't focus on love recently. Also I'm happy when I'm single and if I need some comfort I have you guys!"

"Yeah you do, but I don't want you do be single forever! I want that someone will give you all the love you deserve and the kind of love we can't give you!" Chuu shakes me like if I wouldn't date someone I would be dead. She's cute, but it can be annoying sometimes.

"Chuu, you can't force something like that to happen, it doesn't end good if you do. Someday I will get close to someone and maybe I will start to have feelings for that person, time will tell. You know?"

"yeah yeah, I understand." Yves rubs her back, I'm always a little confused why Chuu cares so much about my life. But I appreciate it a lot, I never had such good friends before.

After the movie ends, I go in my bedroom and Yves and Chuu sleep on the couch.

"Good Night~"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 7.3K 41
RE-EDITING!! ⚠️⚠️ Y/n and Sana have been best friends since middle school. Now in high school, the two live in a two-bedroom apartment. They alwas bi...
952 50 9
In Korea lives a family of 4 people and there are 9 girls/ your best friends since elementary school ( the 9 girls are twice members) that are friend...
22.1K 809 30
Hirai Momo worked as a dancer for many years but decided to change her course in life and started attending a culinary school to pursue a new career...
98.4K 3.4K 34
The boss meet the bodyguard. First they are more didn't like each other. One want to make her suffer, one because its her job. But then they become a...