Midnight Kiss | KNJ

Από persona_13

Transferring to a new college is going to be a challenge for Sophie - but she's ready to embrace the clean sl... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.

Chapter 12.

79 18 5
Από persona_13

Sophie

I was chilling on my tiny sofa, rewatching my favourite episodes of The Office when my phone rang. Since I had a few free days, I was enjoying them to their fullest extent, which meant I wasn't doing anything - literally anything.

"Hey, Maggie, what's up?" I didn't know why Jin's girlfriend was calling me on a Thursday evening, but I could never not answer her call.

"Small change of plans," she said as a way of greeting. The plans were a party for Hoseok's birthday on Friday. My stomach clenched, was I being uninvited right now?

"The party's postponed for a week," Maggie went on and I felt a rock roll off my chest. Since when have parties become important to me?

"Okay, see you then, I guess," I replied, trying not to sound too disappointed. I was kinda looking forward to seeing my brother and his friends. Who knew they were actually so down-to-earth?

"But, we're still hanging out tomorrow. It's game night, and you're coming, too." There wasn't room for arguing in her voice. Despite being the sweetest girl, Maggie could be scary as hell when she wanted to be.

"I don't think I should come, though. Isn't it a friends thing?" I really didn't want them to think I'd weaselled my way into spending time with them.

"Nonsense, you're Jin's sister - you're my sister, Sophie," Maggie said with complete confidence and I couldn't help but smile, "you're family, and that means you're coming."

She knew she had me. You didn't say no to family. 

I relented, "When?" 

An excited squeak boomed from the other side of the line before Maggie said, "Jin's house at eight."

"See you tomorrow, then," I suddenly felt more excited than I'd been for the party. How would I make it until tomorrow, I wondered, trying to focus on the show still on my computer, but all I could think of was how everyone would react when I arrived tomorrow. 

Maggie had assured me I didn't need to bring anything, but I didn't want to show up empty-handed so I made sure I'd take some time tomorrow to bake brownies.

---

The day went by fast, after I'd made sure I was distracted, and before I knew it, it was already seven in the evening. I didn't expect much from this night, but I was still giddy and couldn't wait to get ready. 

Making sure the brownies weren't burning, I took a shower, and managed to dry my shoulder-length hair before the over beeped, letting me know the brownies were ready. I carefully took them out, my hands practically wrapped in cloths - I'd burned myself way too many times.

Letting them cool, I returned to my bathroom, thankful for my warm slippers because the floor was so cold. I kept my makeup minimal; just a thin line of eye-liner, mascara, and a peach lipgloss. If I had time, I would curl my hair a bit, I'd decided before closing the short distance between my bathroom and bedroom. 

It wasn't anything special, just big enough to let me have a queen-sized bed, a closet, and a shelf with books and other random memorabilia. I smiled when I saw a small, bright-green palm tree. The first vacation as a family to Hawaii after Dad and Mary got married.

Since today was practically considered a family gathering, I opted for skinny jeans, a black long-sleeved shirt that I tucked into my pants and that showed off just a bit of the black lacy straps of my bra. Cute and casual.

It turned out I did have enough time to curl my hair, so I spent ten minutes on that, packed the brownies, shrugged on a coat, and grabbed my car keys. I shuddered the entire ride to Jin's house, the wheel so cold my fingers were practically frozen by the time I rang the doorbell.

---

Namjoon

"Dude, where did you put the chips?" Yoongi yelled from the kitchen.  

I was looking through our pantry sure we had a few bags left from the last party. The party. The one I'd been a complete jerk to Sophie. Thankfully, we were past that now, and she never mentioned it again. 

We'd run into each other at the Coffee Hut a while ago and I'd actually had a great time. She was funny, she was kind, and she was talking to me because she simply wanted to know more about me. I'd even told her about my art interests. I'd have to show her my parents' collection one day, I was pretty sure she'd lose it if she saw the small gallery in our house.

"Ah, finally!" I grabbed the bags of chips and sauntered into the kitchen. Yoongi and his girlfriend were mixing drinks and plating the food, taking the responsibility from Jin and Maggie for once.

I couldn't remember when our Game Nights started, but I swear, each time we have it another one of my friends had a girlfriend. At least we had a rule that new flings aren't allowed, saving us the trouble of meeting Jimin's or Tae's new girlfriend of the week.

Tae, of course, was running late, so the rest of us made ourselves comfortable in the living room. The sofa was too small for all of us, and we just spread out on the carpet, the low coffee table in the middle. I smiled internally when I saw that we were playing Trivia tonight, and leaned back on the sofa as Yoongi brought out the last snacks.

Checking my phone one last time before Jin locked - yes, locked - them in a box for the rest of the night. It was 7:58, and the doorbell rang. Finally, Tae was here and we could start.

Maggie rushed to the door, and Jungkook and I exchanged looks before we both rolled our eyes. Of course Tae forgot his keys again. When would he grow up?

Maggie's loud laughter echoed from the hallway, accompanied by another laugh. Light, sweet, shy. I knew that laugh.

The door into the living room opened, and I didn't miss the irony.

Sophie stood next to Maggie, who was dragging her into the room, a nervous smile playing on her lips.

My face, on the other hand, was not so poised. I shut my gaping mouth shut and regained my posture. But my eyes, I couldn't overt, no, they were glued to Sophie as I traced her every detail. From the tight, ripped-at-the-knee jeans, to the form-fitting black tee and the lace peeking over her shoulder. I noted that curled hair made her look even sweeter, and her pink lips reminded me of our kiss. The kiss. By the time my gaze focused on her eyes, I realised they were staring right back at me. The hazel laced with shyness and light amusement. 

Then Jimin was suddenly pulling her into a bear hug, and her giggle filled the room that suddenly smelled like spring despite the snowstorm raging outside.

"Baby cakes, I had no idea you were coming," Jimin said as he pulled back from their hug to look at her. The light blush on her cheeks brought a smile to my lips.

"I didn't either, until yesterday," Sophie said and handed a plate to Maggie who rushed to the kitchen.

"Hey big bro," Sophie leaned down enough to press a kiss to Jin's cheek. I found myself wishing those lips on my cheek. I shook my head slightly, this was not friend-like behaviour.

"Come, you're my teammate," Jimin took Sophie's hand and tugged her to sit down on the carpet next to him. With Jin paired with Maggie, Yoongi with his girl, Jimin with Sophie, that left Hobi, Jungkook and me. When Jungkook made a move to stand up and come sit next to me, Jimin leaned over Sophie to grab Jungkook's arm, "Don't pout, we're still a team."

Urgency took over Sophie's face, "Wait, no, you guys play together, I can just watch."

Jimin waved away her worry, "This is your first time playing, so just think of us as your wise teachers."

A laugh escaped Hobi and me before we could stop it. Jimin shot us a look, and I managed to form a sentence between the laughter, "Apologies for interrupting, oh wise master."

Jimin scowled at us, but failed and ended up laughing with us. Sophie just looked at Jungkook as if she were asking 'Is this what you have to deal with daily?' It only made us laugh harder.

Jin, the officially recognised MC, began to speak and got our attention. "Good, we're all paired up," he shot a look at Jimin, Jungkook, and Sophie, "or tripled up," earning a boo at his joke. He didn't let it kill his spirit as he passed on the box for our phones.

Sophie looked at it with raised brows and Jimin leaned closer to explain it, and I suddenly found myself wishing she were on my team, sitting next to me on our rug, listening to me whisper into her ear.

Maggie returned with a plate of something that smelled delicious, and like ... rum? "Sophie baked brownies for us," Maggie explained as she set the plate on the coffee table. Everyone looked at Sophie, thanking her and making her blush yet again, before grabbing a piece and mumbling how delicious it was. Of course, I had to try one, and the only way I could describe them was heavenly. The smile I got when I told Sophie just that could melt the coldest icebergs.

"All done," Jin announced, "Let the games begin!"

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

309 18 18
Y/N is a cheerful and strong minded college girl. She has it all, good grades, a best friend to always have her back, her dreams to fullfill, a joyfu...
2.9K 175 36
The new transfer student, Park Jimin, is in for a rough semester. ... The notoriously attractive Park Jimin - a new student at Seoul's local Universi...
518 37 24
Part 1: No greater love he has than that for his sister, yet he has to keep a secret for her. Namjoon helps his sister bring her bff and Taehyung tog...
844 104 13
"in dizzying memories that feel like dreams. the rain pours whilst i dance alone. its beautiful, isn't it? when this mist clears i will run toward...