Re:Regulus Restarting From Ze...

By filip1500

God, a supreme being that shouldn't be questioned, a being that surpasses any other being. At this point in t... More

Meeting with God
Back to Zero With My Worst Enemy
Loot House
Memories
Witchcultist!
Before the Attack
Mabeast Invasion
The Defeat of the Mabeasts
Problematic
Royal Election
Royal Election Part 2
Regulus Corneas Vs Julius Juukulius
After the Duel
Agreement
Rematch
The Smallest of Smiles
Annoying Surprise

A Calm Start

3.5K 133 90
By filip1500

Subaru has just woken up after getting his mana drained by Beatrice.

Rem: Sister, it looks like our guest is awake.

Ram: Rem, Rem. Indeed, it seems Barasu has woken up.

Subaru: And naturally you turn my name into a curse.

Subaru sighed as he sat up.

Subaru: Good morning. Rem, Ram.

Rem & Ram: Good morning.

Subaru: Thanks for waking me up, i wonder how long it would have taken me to get up alone.

Rem: Sister, Sister. It seems our guest wouldn't have woken up if we hadn't done anything.

Ram: Rem, Rem. It apears that Barasu is a deadbeat.

Subaru: (Ram is as harsh as ever, eh?)

Subaru: By the way, what's up with this "guest" stuff? You know my name already, don't you?

Rem: Apologies, Subaru-sama.

Subaru: Please don't use "sama" I'd rather have you just call me Subaru. Actually! How about Subaru-kun?

Rem:.....Subaru-kun?

Subaru: (Ah..I haven't heard that in sooo long....)

Before they could continue their conversation, someone knocked on the door.

Emilia: Pardon my intrusion.

It was Emilia in her casual clothes.

Emilia: Ah! Subaru, you're awake! Good morning!

Subaru: Morning, Emilia-tan!

Emilia:...Tan? Are you calling me something mean?

Rem: Sister, Sister. Subaru-kun is calling Emilia-sama names right under her nose. Shameful.

Ram: Rem, Rem. Barasu-tan should know better than to call Emilia-sama names.

Subaru: Aaaaaand my token of affection has once again been ruined.....By the way, where's Regulus?

Ram: Last time we've seen our other guest, he was busy reading a book in his room.

Subaru: Something normal huh.....Also, between us....What's your opinion on him?

Ram: Delusional, arrogant, annoying weirdo who has a fetish of making their sentences longer for no reason.

Rem: To put it in simple terms....The worst of the worst.

Emilia: H-Hey! Ram, Rem, you shouldn't talk about our guest like that, especially since he was one of my saviours.

Rem & Ram: Apologies, Emilia-sama.

Subaru: Wow, it's impressive that you can talk about a guest like that infront of someone.

Ram: Barasu requested for my honest opinion, so I simply gave my honest opinion.

Subaru: (Yikes, something must have happened between those two while i was asleep. Well, not like i'm suprised or anything.)

Ram: Also, since you've woken up. Roswaal-sama would like to meet you at lunch.

Subaru: R-Right.

Subaru got out of bed and followed the two maids and Emilia.

Subaru: (Alright! My mission right now is to make friends with everyone!)

*later*

Everyone in the mansion including Regulus and Subaru were gathered at the dining table. Although to most of the residents suprise, Regulus had requested to not be given any food or drink. The only reason he was actually here was because of the fact that there was something important to discuss with Roswaal.

Roswaal: You are a truly strange young man~

Subaru: How so?

Roswaal: You claim to come from another country, but you understand Lugunica's current issues ve-eeery well~

Subaru: Well, it's not like it's some kind of secret that this country has problems. Besides, every country has it's problems.

Roswaal: Ri-iiight you are! Although, you don't seem aaaall toooo suprised to have a canditate for the throne sitting next to you~

Subaru: Eh, I already figured since we were looking for her insignia all day yesterday.

Emilia: Really?

Subaru: Yep! And just so you know, I don't see you in any kind of new light, I still just see you as you are, Emilia. Although, Queen Emilia does sound nice, right?

Emilia: Q-Queen is a bit much.....I simply want equality for all races including my own....

Subaru: That's something I would fight for.

Subaru gave Emilia a nice genuine smile.

Roswaal: Now, seeeeeing as you and the other young man here saved Emilia-sama's life while also trying to help her find her stolen insiiiignia. I will reward you with aaaanything you desire~

Subaru smiled, he already knew the answer to that.

Subaru: Before I state what I want. Regulus? What do you want?

Regulus: Despite the fact that most of the time you're a baffoon.

Subaru: Oi.

Regulus: Don't interupt me. Despite that, i'm confident that you can make a choice that would satisfy both of us.

Subaru:.....Then.......Hire me to work at the mansion and let Regulus stay here as a guest!

..........

...........

It was silent for a few moments......Although, only Subaru could tell that Regulus was bending his spoon out of anger.

Ram: *sneeze*

*later*

After Ram showed Subaru around (Even though he already knew where everything was) He was walking towards the bathroom to clean, but he got suddenly pulled into a room.

Regulus: Now then, please explain to me what the hell that request was?

Subaru: R-Regulus?!

Regulus: And who else do you think I am? As far as I know, there are no people in this world that look like me. So, answer my question.

Subaru: What do you mean? I have work to do you know?

Regulus: Out of all the rewards you could have chosen, why that? I even trusted you to pick something logical that would satisfy both of us, but apparantly you didn't get the message. I suppose that it's my fault to trust an idiot like you, but you still shouldn't have wasted my minimal trust in you like that!

Subaru: What? You get to live in a mansion, is that really so bad?

Regulus: You really think that any normal human being with any kind of logical brain would want to live with that red haired bitch?!

............

.............

Subaru: (Oh, that's what this is about.)

Subaru: It's really not that big a deal to live with her, right? Also, please stop swearing.

Regulus: Not a big deal? Everytime we talk, she interupts me, disrespects me, and insults me! She refuses to respect any of my rights!

Subaru was staring at Regulus with a unasmused look present on his face, he wasn't sure what he expected, but it wasn't this.

Regulus: Also, who are you to order me to stop swearing? Whether I swear or not is my decision and my decision only! Do you think you're better than me or something?!

Subaru: Look, how about I request that you'll only be helped by Rem? Than you won't have to deal with Ram.

Regulus: *sigh* And this whole situation could have been avoided. Well, not like there's much I can do about it now. I'll just have to keep you in check in the future.

Subaru: That makes it sound like i'm some some loud barking dog that needs to be held on a leash....

Regulus started walking out of the room while Subaru was saying that.

Regulus: You said it, not me.

Regulus then walked out of the room and closed the door, leaving Subaru alone.

Subaru:.............Oh that son of a bi-

*later*

Subaru, Rem and Ram were peeling potato's for dinner later that day. Subaru had been working the whole day, his tasks were mostly Ram's since she was just giving him her tasks since she didn't want to do them herself.

Subaru was really good at peeling potato's at this point since he has already worked at the Roswaal mansion in the other timeline or future, whatever you want to call it.

Rem: Subaru-kun?

Subaru: Yes, Rem?

Subaru also noticed Rem being less suspicious of him than when he first arrived in the mansion in the future (or past, depending on how you look at it.) He did find it pretty strange that Rem was barely suspiscious of him this time.

Rem: When you requested to work here. Why did you specificly request that Regulus would be a guest and that you'll be the one working here?

Subaru: Does Regulus really seem like the type that would actually work?

Rem:....I guess not.

Ram: While Barasu usually doesn't deserve any compliments. This time, you have my praise at not letting Bagulus work here.

Subaru: *snort* Bagulus? You probably shouldn't use that around him.

Ram: While usually i would use that name around him, i'd rather not have to deal with his delusional ranting. So, i'll use it when he's not around.

Subaru: I see.

*later*

Subaru:.........

Regulus:........

Subaru:.....Why are you here?

Subaru was supposed to go to the village along with Rem, but for some reason Regulus was also getting ready to go to the village.

Regulus: What? Am I not allowed to go to the village? As far as i know, the village isn't some kind of private property that no one is allowed to enter, and if i wasn't going to the village...Who are you to demand of me where i'm going? I have no obligation to tell you where i go, but since i'm considerate I told you that i'm going to the village.

Subaru:.....But, why now? Can't you go like, an hour later?

Subaru voice was filled with despair, the idea of having to spend time with Regulus terrified him.

Regulus: Are you now trying to order me to go at another time? I'm allowed to go anywhere I want, at any time I want! I see this as you thinking that you're somehow superior to me and that you think that you can order me to go at another time? This is a violation of my right of free move-

Subaru: Okay! Okay! You can go at any time you want.

Regulus: And now you're interupting me?! Ever since we've met, you've done nothing but interupt me, disrespect me and so on! We're supposed to have a relationship of at the very least acquaintances, but how is that supposed to work if you do nothing but constantly disrespect me?! Did you never learn any manners?! As far as i'm aware, people should let the other finish their sente-

Subaru: (This is going to take a while....)

*later*

Eventually, Subaru had to let Regulus come with them since Regulus wouldn't shut up about it. While Rem was also reluctant, she also knew that he would just come there anyway.

Suprisingly during their walk, Regulus was mostly keeping to himself while letting Rem and Subaru talk to eachother.

Subaru: (I guess he's the type of person that keeps to himself, unless he gets offended by something like a Karen.)

Rem: By the way, Regulus-sama?

Subaru: (Regulus-sama?! Urgh....It's because I made him a guest, but hearing her call him that.....It's disgusting!)

Regulus: While I don't remember when we got to the point of using first names, i'll be considerate and ignore it for now. Anyway, what do you want, blue?

Subaru: (Blue? Seriously? Can't you just call her by name?!)

Rem:....It's pretty coincidental that you just so happened to decide to go to the village at the same time as us.

Regulus: It's just like you say, it's coincidental. Since you answered your own question, Then I don't really see the reason behind why you decided to point out something to me that I already know. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't bother me with pointless stuff.

Rem:...I see, apologies. Guest-sama.

Subaru didn't notice it, but Rem was glaring at Regulus with hostile intent.

After a while of walking, they finally arrived at the village.

And while it did sadden Subaru that people like Petra or the other kids now didn't know who he was. He was slowly starting to accept the fact that he'll have to restart his friendship with everyone from Zero.

Subaru was pretty much doing the same things that he did when he first arrived at the village, which for him would have been a year ago.

Everything was pretty much going the way as always, but Subaru was worried. He couldn't find Regulus, he was busy playing with the kids and due to that he had lost sight of Regulus.

Subaru: Damn....Where did that guy go?

He was looking around and just couldn't find him. He even asked Rem but even she didn't know.

Subaru: Seriously....What the hell could he be doing?

While Subaru continued to look for Regulus, he suddenly heard something from another part of the village, it sounded like people screaming at eachother. So, Subaru decided to check it out.

Subaru then noticed who the two people were that were screaming at eachother.

...........It was a merchant.......And Regulus.....

Merchant: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! THE FUCK DO I NEED TO APOLOGIES FOR?! YOU WERE THE ONE THAT BLINDLY WALKED INTO MY CART AND SOMEHOW BROKE IT!!

Regulus: Hah?! What are you even on about? You simply hit me, and now you not only haven't apologized for hitting me, but you're also blaming me for this mess? Just how pathetic are you?

While looking at the scene, Subaru noticed a cart that looked like it hit a lamp post and fell apart.

Merchant: FUCK! JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!!

The Merchant started walking towards Regulus with clear intention to harm him.

But, before the man could get any closer. Subaru grabbed Regulus by the shoulder and started pulling him away from the scene.

Subaru: H-Hey! Sorry about whatever my friend here did, we'll be going now!

Subaru started walking faster to quickly leave this whole mess.

But after a while Regulus slapped Subaru's hand off his shoulder.

Regulus: Hey, when did I give you permission to drag me around as you wish? I get to decide where I go, not you. Also, since when am I your "friend"? It's pretty preposterous to decide to declare me as your friend, without considering how I feel about this. Don't you think that you should consider my feelings a bit more before you decide to do something like this?

Subaru: Look, you really need to learn how to stop bothering people. I'm pretty sure that this whole thing was caused by you.

Regulus: Hah? How can you be so sure? Last time I checked, you weren't there when it happened. So, why do you already throw the blame against me? You got something against me?

Subaru: (I got a lot against you....Well, atleast the worse you.)

Subaru: Look, his cart was broken. So, you must have done something to it.

Regulus:...Honestly, what's with you and throwing accusations at me left and right? I hate to repeat myself, but you weren't there. So you're simply guessing that that whole ordeal was my fault. Which I think it completely disrespects my rights!

Subaru:....You know what? Sure, i'll believe you. Can we go now? Pretty sure that Rem is waiting for us.

One of the reasons that Subaru had pulled Regulus away from that situation, was because despite the fact that this Regulus was a bit less evil that THE Regulus....In the end, he was still Regulus, and Subaru wasn't sure what would have happened if the merchant had actually attacked Regulus.

Subaru: (He probably would have gotten turned into a pile of flesh...)

While Subaru and Regulus were walking away, they were suddenly stopped by Petra.

She stayed silent for a second, and then pointed her finger at Regulus.

Petra: You made Subaru look bad! I hope you fall in mud!

She then closed her eyes and stuck her tongue out.

Regulus's left eye visibly twitched.

Subaru: (Oh no.)

Regulus: Now listen here you little bi-

Subaru: Haha! Don't worry about it Petra. I'll talk to him later, i have to get going now!

Petra: Ah! Before you go, we have to show you something!

Subaru: Hm? What is it?

Petra: Look!

She pointed her finger to Subaru's left. He looked there and saw.....Something in his vision.

It was Meili, with that damn dog.

About 2650 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 324 27
"Is everyone okay?" "Are there any damages in Fraxinus?" "How is the young miss?" "Shizu where are we?" "I don't know m'lady, I don't know." . .. ...
49.3K 1.7K 30
It has been roughly almost two years since Subaru had been transported to another world, and roughly around six months since his return from Vollachi...
49.9K 2.2K 53
After having dealt with the challenges of the Pleiades watchtower, Natsuki Subaru is summoned by an unknown deity to help fix some worlds from the fa...
1.8K 64 15
Y/n Moves to a New Town leaving his... Past But it comes back again can he save himself from fate again? Tw: Self Harm Abuse Violence Strong words et...