rich man's world; charlie da...

By murderbones

(𝙳𝙴𝙰𝙳 π™Ώπ™Ύπ™΄πšƒπš‚ πš‚π™Ύπ™²π™Έπ™΄πšƒπšˆ) Sigrid Taylor Hall is a sixteen-year-old girl with a big dream and an ev... More

∴ s t a r t
[one] blueberry coffee cakes
[two] theresa dalton
[three] female human anatomy
[five] jealousy and unzipped sweaters
[six] ducky
[seven] danburry's and study sessions
[eight] by definition
[nine] victorious beauty
[ten] charlie turns french when he's scared
[eleven] a normal day at welton
[twelve] london bridge is
[thirteen] richard cameron
[fourteen] water for dead flowers
[fifteen] roll call
[sixteen] unspoken feelings of a lonely man
[seventeen] friends with judas
[eighteen] "then lets run away together"
[nineteen] for the actors
[twenty] a pocket full of posies
[twenty-one] how to unsuck a d
[twenty-two] abernathy's memory
before the end

[four] charlie and sigrid sitting in a tree...

1.5K 67 136
By murderbones

At the end of the day, and after the boys had been trying to evaluate all the logical reasons Sigrid had turned out with Mrs. Dalton and why she was dorming with Knox instead of having her own room, they were all still confused out of their minds. They were all on the opposite side of the room, she was oblivious to their interrogation and packed whatever she needed to head to the kitchens.

She didn't like being in the same room as all of them at once, she had been writing in her notebook prior—which at the moment was wide open on a sketch of her roommate. What could she say? He was a sight for sore eyes and she needed something as a distraction.

The boys looked at the sketch, back at her, and then all continued to be confused as they watched her frantically walking around the room to leave as fast as possible.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Knox said with furrowed eyebrows as Sigrid finally closed her notebook and put it on the highest shelf she could reach. She ignored him and opened the door to leave, Knox stood up from bed and put his hand on the doorknob to stop her from walking any further. She sighed and looked up at him with squinted eyes, "Yes, Overstreet?"

"Why are you in such a hurry? I haven't introduced you to my friends yet."

"Hurry? Sorry it seemed like I was in a hurry," she smiled passive aggressively. "But I came to the dorm as fast as I could so I could wait for you, set my rules straight, and then go bake you some stupid brownies as soon as our conversation is over. But then you actually got here on time with your entire friend group? What are you trying to do, Overstreet? Showcase me like some animal at a zoo?"

"Neil, do they have deers at the zoo?" Charlie whispered but she still managed to hear him, she shot him a quick glare.

"Why do you keep on calling me that?"

"Because you have scrawny knees, you tremble."

"And your mommy calls you little ducky!" She screamed back in offense before grabbing the doorknob again. Knox looked back at his friends with a hopeless expression as she started to walk off, he followed her in a jog. "Look, I'm sorry! It's just that there aren't any girls and Welton and we didn't want you to feel weird for not being able to make friends. I thought my friend group could be your friend group, my intentions were pure. I swear!"

"Do you all usually do this terribly?"

"No, that's the thing! We thought you would be happy to have a warm welcome. We even wanted to help you with your brownies. Neil burns everything he touches but he was willing to make an effort. Charlie's even cutting down on the bullying, that's pretty hard for him."

"He called me a deer again, so like I said prior, 'do you all usually do this terribly'?"

"Don't mind Charlie. He'll be better when you get to know him more, he's afraid of people not liking him for who he truly is so he tries to be as annoying as possible to pick out who's actually worth the stay. He was like that with all of us, I think you should be honored that he thinks you're so great he's trying to make sure you stay. Maybe he even thinks you're pretty!"

Sigrid stopped walking, suddenly turning red from the neck up. She turned around with squinted eyes, but a small smile was surfacing on her lips. She relaxed her eyes and then looked down shyly at her suede shoes, "Do you really think so?"

A relieved sigh left Knox's lips, he smirked as he looked at how flustered she was and then nodded. "I would say that. We all think you're pretty, really pretty," he walked closer to her now that she wasn't fuming with a laugh. He put his arm over her shoulder and looked down with a grin. "What's with the change of mood, do you like him or something?"

She rolled her eyes, "The day I like Charlie is the day that pigs fly."

He laughed and pulled her closer, she laughed and tried getting out of his grasp. He let go, causing them to  look at each other for a couple seconds before she looked down at the tray in her hands and sighed in defeat, "Fine" she muttered, "But all of you are putting equal work into these brownies. We'll get to talk a bit, on my terms. And I don't want to see anyone sitting on the tables."

"Yes ma'am," he grinned before patting her head and running back to the dorms to call the boys. They all walked out, the last of them being Charlie but he didn't seem as excited as the others. They made eye contact, Sigrid managed to smile at him, he noticed her expression and then looked down at his feet as he continued to walk. He pushed her shoulder with his arm as he walked past her, she gasped slightly at the impact and then craned her neck to continue watching him walk.

It was almost as if she was just another boy, she frowned as she start to walk. They were right next to each other, he gave her the side eye as she was now looking down at her feet as well. He smiled slightly, almost tripping up. Her facial features were softened, not the usual scowl he had been seeing lately. She's pretty, he caught himself thinking before he awkwardly coughed as if she could hear his thoughts.

Charlie watched bitterly as Sigird let Knox lick the chocolate spoon and then scooped whatever was left at the bottom to boop his nose. Knox laughed with her, scooping some of the leftover with his index and booping her nose as well. She leaned forward and gave his cheek a little kiss, he was astonished for a millisecond, she dunked sprinkles down his shirt.

Charlie groaned, giving faux disgust as Knox screamed at Sigrid to stop between fits of giggles.  Neil and Todd  were too busy fighting about who was going to get the last handful of chocolate chips to notice their lonely friend.

"Give me those," he took them so they'd stop fighting and then took some in his mouth, looking directly at the other people that were play-fighting with their food. "How much do you want to bet Knox falls in love with her and they end up dating by the end of this semester?"

Neil rolled his eyes, "You're already pairing them up so soon?"

"I've got an eye for these sorts of things, Perry. I bet they're already thinking about how their last names look together or if their kids are going to be blondes because of Knox's genes. Hell, she's probably already thinking of his jeans."

He turned to the boys when Gerard and Steven took the tray to put into the oven, Sigrid gave Knox a towel before she walked off to wash her hands. Knox wiped his face off quickly and then met up with the other boys. "Isn't she fantastic?"

"I don't know, you tell me," Charlie muttered as he kicked himself off a table and grabbed the towel to clean the rest of the chocolate and his friend's face.

"She's amazing."

"So you like her?"

"Romantically, no? Love at first sight doesn't exist," Knox played with his shirt to get the sprinkles out, "But I just think its fantastic we're roommates because I'll get to talk to her more. It wouldn't hurt her, certainly wouldn't hurt me."

Neil and Todd gave each other knowing stares and then stifled a laugh. "We'll be over there," Todd muttered and then led Neil to where the oven was, they pretended to be interested in how the brownies were going to puff up but their ears were alert to any signs of fighting from Knox and Charlie.

"What's up with you?" Knox said with furrowed eyebrows as he started to walk toward the exit, he sensed there was something awfully wrong and he didn't want to fight in front of his new roommate, "Someone tell Sigr that we went back to the dorm to pick something up."

Neil nodded dumbly, shooing them away before he turned with wide eyes, realizing Charlie was going to be alone and angry with Knox. But it was too late to go running after them, the door had already shut behind them.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you! You've known her for half a day and you two are already flirting with each other like you've been best friends since primary school!" he didn't want to sound aggravated but he was poorly biting back a hiss.

"She's just friendly, Dalton. Maybe you should try actually giving her a smile instead of scowling at her every time she walks into a room...maybe even refrain from the name calling?"

"She called me ducky, I'm pretty sure we're even now," Charlie rolled his eyes, Knox opened the door to his dormitory and then passive aggressively showed his friend the way in. "Look, I just think it's pretty weird you guys are already so close to each other. It seems unrealistic for you."

"And what does that mean coming from you?"

"Fuck it," Neil muttered to the other guys before curiosity got the best of him and he started walking to Knox's dormitory to see what was going on. 

"It means she's pretty, intelligent, clearly has a good relationship with my mother, and actually puts effort into the things that she does. I don't know, I'm not one to talk, but are you guys actually compatible?"

"Who's thinking of that right now?"

Then he realized.

"Oh you definitely are!" He grinned, punching his friend playfully on the shoulder as he went red and laughed nervously.

"Am not!"

"Are too! Aw you probably thought your mom decided to be nice to her so she could be your future wife! Maybe even straighten you out a bit. That's so cute!" he said sarcastically. "I could hear it now 'Charles Frederick Hall get your ass over here it's time for school!' you'd probably have to take her last name. Sigrid Dalton sounds pretty ugly. Sigrid Overstreet on the other hand...it's got a nice ring to it, don't you think? Little ducky."

Neil had his hand over his mouth to stop himself from laughing, his ear was pressed against the door, Todd had exited the kitchen when Neil was taking too long. Neil told him to go back to the kitchen, he pretended to hold a gun to his head and then snickered. Todd mouthed, "five more minutes before she becomes suspicious."

He nodded and then shooed him away, he pressed his ear a little harder when Charlie began to hiss, "I wasn't thinking anything now shut up, will you? I'm just trying to stop you from getting your heart broken if you become attached to her too quickly."

"My ass!" Knox retorted in a taunting voice. "I saw the way you looked at her the first time."

"And you probably couldn't hear our banter over the harps in your head making you think you'd walked into heaven."

"You looked mad at first, but then you were holding back as smile as she was talking to your mom and being hospitable. Why don't you try talking to your mother, maybe she'll talk to Sigrid and she could set you two up. Maybe you could get lucky, she already seems pretty interested in you anyway."

"The day I ask my mom for help over some girl is the day that pigs fly."

Aren't coincidences hilarious?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 1K 26
❝ray?❞ he asked softly ❝can i take off your dress?❞ ____________________ Χ‚Χ‚ΰ«’ΰΌ‹ΰΌ˜ΰΏ ˏˋ°‒*β€βž· in which loraine is the only girl allowed...
18.3K 633 16
π…πŽπ‘ ππ„π€π”π“π˜ He questioned softly why I failed? "For beauty," I replied. (Dead Poets Society Fan Fiction) (Completed Novella)
88.3K 3K 31
it's everything the welton boys had prayed for. girls were attending welton. henley hall's finest students were attending as a result of their exce...
83.7K 2.3K 46
in which the reader transfers to Welton Academy and falls for everyone's favorite redhead... best ratings: #1 in knoxoverstreet !! #1 in deadpoetssoc...