His Caged Dove -Mafia Romance...

Por HisBeautifulMess

Dove Genovese, daughter of the second in command of the Italian mafia boss, has one sole purpose in life. Tha... Más

One: Dove
Two: Gedeon
Three: Dove
Four: Gedeon
Five: Dove
Six: Gedeon
Seven: Dove
Eight: Gedeon
Nine: Dove
Ten: Gedeon
Eleven: Dove
Twelve: Gedeon
Thirteen: Dove
Fourteen: Gedeon
Fifteen: Dove
Sixteen: Gedeon
Seventeen: Dove
Eighteen: Gedeon
Twenty: Gedeon
Twenty-One: Dove
Twenty-Two: Gedeon
Twenty-Three: Dove
Twenty-Four: Gedeon
Twenty-Five: Dove
Twenty-Six: Dove
Twenty-Seven: Gedeon
Twenty-Eight: Gedeon
Twenty-Nine: Dove
Thirty: Gedeon
Thirty-One: Dove
Thirty-Two: Gedeon
Thirty-Three: Dove
Thirty-Four: Gedeon
Thirty-Five: Gedeon
Thirty-Six: Dove
Q&A + The Second Book

Nineteen: Dove

36.8K 1.2K 188
Por HisBeautifulMess

Nineteen:

Dove

"Are you sure you'll be okay in there with Gedeon?"

I took in Aleksei's features, wariness and concern written all over his face. Truthfully, I didn't know if I'd be okay with Gedeon on my own. We've been left alone on a few occasions, and we were fine, yet with how livid he looked yesterday, I didn't know. I nodded meekly as I reminded myself it didn't matter what I wanted, not in this world I was born in. "Well, he's my husband."             

It was like he understood what I meant, though he wasn't happy. His whole body tensed at my reminder, his lips pressing into a rather thin line like he was contemplating. "You know in the past few weeks; you've become very important to me."

I nodded as I watched him take a seat next to me on the large couch. "Yes, and Anastasia as well."

"You know you can come to me for anything right?" he asked, putting a hand around my shoulder, his other hand resting on top of my hand that was folded neatly over my thighs. At first, my whole body flinched harshly, but he only drew back for a moment when I didn't say anything. I've been coming around to the thought of being able to one day not flinch or freak out whenever someone of the opposite sex touched me.

"Well, yes," I nodded once more with a chuckle nudging my shoulder onto his. "You're supposed to be my knight in shining armor."

"I am?" he perked up, his eyes looking hopeful and pleased.

"Yeah, sent to me by your King," I said in agreement. What a peculiar turn we've taken, not that I minded too much. It was nice to talk freely and each day, I'm growing more comfortable with the idea as well.

"And you're the Queen," he mumbled. His hands slipped from where they were laying on my shoulders. He tucked one of them into the pockets of his slacks while his other rubbed at the back of his neck like he was debating. I've come to welcome his presence in my few weeks here along with Anastasia. He was kind, often keeping me company when I needed it.

"Why do you look so gloomy?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. Worriedness consumed me momentarily as he got up from his seat. "Are you okay?"

"It's nothing," he began, exhaling. "But if I'm being honest—"

"Finally done washing the dishes because everyone seemed to eat like slobs," Anastasia said, popping into the living room and cutting off Aleksei. She wiped her wet hand into the apron she was wearing and made eye contact with me. "Oh, hi Dove. You finished breakfast?"

"Yeah," I answered. Since discovering my lack of appetite was due to being around people, I was given permission to eat in the living room if I wanted with Anastasia and Aleksei to accompany me once they were finished and I was almost done with my breakfast. It usually consisted of either overnight oats with fruits, or an avocado toast. Getting up, from my seat, I carried my plate to the kitchen while Anastasia followed. "Are we still baking tonight?"

"You know it girly," she laughed. "Now go see Gedeon, I'll clean it up."

"No, you don't need to," I began but was cut off right away.

"You have to tell me what went on though," she squealed in excitement. "Can this be the start of a love story I've been secretly rooting for?"

I did a double take, confused about what she was going on about. "What?"

"You and Gedeon," she said, wiggling her eyebrow like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "After what happened at the event two weeks ago? I've been suspicious, so you have to tell your best friend. I mean, we are, right?"

"Yeah, we are," I said, a smile made its way to my face. Lately, I've been smiling a lot compared to ever. I haven't ever had any friends before, and truthfully, I had accepted it as a fact. Now, I can confidently say both Anastasia and Aleksei were my friends.

"Then that means I'll do your dish and if anything hot and steamy happens, you have to tell me," she giggled. "Finally, it's so good to see Gedeon settling down with someone so sweet and humble like you compared to Lizabeta."

I've still never officially talked to her, but from the one interaction already, I knew she didn't like me. At all. It was fine by any means, but to rub into my face about sleeping with Gedeon caused my heart to have a rather dull ache, just a tiny bit. I never got to find out why, because it only felt like this when Mom died.

"Well," Anastasia said, breaking me free from my thoughts, "Better off to it, then."

Making my way up at least and standing in front of the entrance of his office door, the feeling of dread that I didn't know why he called me came full force. Anxiety that soon began to creep through my body, causing my body to churn because I had no idea why he asked me to come. I was still working on gathering my courage to knock in the first place when Gedeon's voice came from the other side.

"Are you going to stand out there, or come in?"

Startled, I stayed quiet for a few seconds, biting my lips hard before opening the door quietly and stuck my head inside first to see if there was anyone else. It was just him, sitting in his usual spot with a pen at hand, writing something down on his notebook. He was in a blue button down this time, his first two buttons undone and showed his chest. I averted my eyes at the makeshift rabbit den Aleksei had helped me make that was sitting at the corner whenever Scrabble liked to make his way over to his office.

"You knew I was out there?" I asked quietly, shutting the door behind me. A breeze swooped in; the changing season's air was as if it was pushing me forward to him. From the looks of it, it looked like it might be raining soon with the dark clouds before Spring comes. Wanting to make a small conversation, I decided to grab the opportunity. "It seems like a storm is coming, huh?"

He shrugged, not offering an answer as he finally looked up from whatever he was writing. "It seems so. Why? Are you scared of the storm?"

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my own ships," I huffed, feigning courage when it was further from the truth. I was actually terrified of them, hating the sudden booming sound that came. From the way I grew up, anything unexpected was enough to cause my heart beating rather erratically like I was going into a cardiac arrest.

"Another line from Little Women," he said in amusement, snapping my attention back to him from the gloomy black clouds outside. "I feel like you're the biggest Jo fan from Little Women in all of New York state. Take a seat."

Now, it was my turn to shrug, my eyes catching to the side table where his chess board was. Once again, I felt my hands itching to play, to ask if he did wager in his game. But most importantly to test that I was able to at least give him a fair fight when it came to our IQ, it seemed he was so certain he was the far sophisticated one. "I mean, she's perfect, along with the whole premise of the book. What other book teaches one about forgiveness, hardship, family, and love? Jo is the literal embodiment of female power."

It was the first time I've been able to talk to anyone about my favorite book, so imagine my surprise when he frowned at my statement. He sets his pen down, thoughtful as he cocked his head to the side. "Though some may say she's too bit of a prude and prideful if you analyze her compared to her other sisters in the way she talks. A brat, perhaps?"

That got a reaction out of me. Baffled, I almost lost my composure. "Excuse me?"

"I'm just saying," he drawled out while leaning back into his chair. "She's the main character, but she's rather too much. She turned down Laurie, for what reason?"

"Because she doesn't love him."

"Because she is too hung up with being a child," he retorted.

Was this man serious?

"She loves him, but as a brother, as a family. It was platonic, not romantic. Jo had said again and again that she refuses to love Laurie more than a childhood friend, but he kept pushing," I explained. "The purest form of love is to love the full-reality of that other person, which Jo never did. She'll never love him enough that she thinks he deserves. That's why Laurie was perfect for Jo's little sister, Amy."

"Hm," he replied simply. "So, Jo gave up someone who loves her with a Professor who has no money, no power?"

"Laurie had it all, the look, status, and wealth," I agreed. "But she married Professor Bhaer who only had one thing, his character. That was what Jo wanted. Someone who got her, and it tells the reader to go for character rather than their money and power. It taught me money and power only bring out the worst in someone."

The corner of his lips twitched at the irony I placed out. "Yet you're married to one."

"I know, an irony," I huffed.

"You're Jo, and unlike in the book, you're not going to marry someone who has character and a strong moral compass," he acknowledged out loud. Slowly, he stepped out of his seat and stalked towards me. Like a prey, I wanted to back up, but his eyes drew me in. Lured me to stay and challenge him because of what he said. Just a few inches from me, he stared down at me, serious. "You're mine to keep, you know why?

"Because marriage is an economic preposition," I quoted from the book. "And that's what I am."

"I won't say you're wrong, but I'm also keeping you because I find you humorous. My little one-winged bird," he whispered, drawing in a loose strand of my hair into his. I had to force myself to not recoil still, but it wasn't because of feeling scared.

No, he was unsettling to my heart to be around.

"Humorous?" I murmured lightly, peering up at him.

"Very much so."

I dared myself to be brave in that moment. "And if I wish to be free?"

"Never," he stated, leaving no room for rebuttal. "You're mine to own, punish, and fuck until you give yourself to me completely. Though, I won't fuck you till you're begging me."

"You're delusional and egoistic if you think I would give myself up," I scoffed. If anything, I was the happiest I've ever been. Though I had been plagued with nightmares almost every night, at least I didn't sleep with one eye open if what Gedeon said was true. That he won't sleep with me until I beg.

Preposterous.

"And you're a little brat," he retaliated.

"Am not," I argued. Seriously, this was the only man that was able to ever make me feel so many different emotions so freely before I realized. His eyes were dancing with pure enjoyment like he was making fun of this situation. Glancing away, my eyes met onto where the chess board again and after a moment of debate, I took my chances.  "You know, I've heard from Deda that you used to wager things on a game of chess."

"I still do," he informed me. As if he read my mind, he lets go of my hair. Though not before laying a kiss on it that made my stomach feel nervous and excited. Walking over, he takes a seat and doesn't look up as he asked, "And you want to challenge me for your freedom?"

"Is that...possible?" My voice trembled slightly at his hint. Though, I wouldn't dare think it was true unless he put it in clear words for me. He gestured to the chess board in front of him, still grinning widely at my expression. Without another word, I took a seat, swallowing. "I thought you never would."

"If you win me in chess, then I'll let you free, my little Dove. Legally, you'll still be my wife and you'll be protected by someone always from a far. I still need you for my plan, so you would legally still be bound to me. I won't ever bother you or come into your life, unless you ask for it. Other than that, you can do as you please with unlimited cash I will provide," he said with ease. "Since you're white, you'll be going first. After All, the first to make a move has an inherent advantage."

Feeling a mix between excitement and nervousness, I picked up a pawn and made my first move. Though not before asking, "What...what if I were to lose?"

He shrugged simply as he took the knight piece and moved it, placing it down with a loud thump. Then he gave me a crooked smile at me. "Then you'll continue to live here as my wife, my cage bird, my queen. You did state your intelligence is bigger than mine. Why don't we put that to the test? Plus, it'll be good to know each other better, wife."

Will Dove win against Gedeon?

I literally cannot wait for everyone to check out the next updated chapter!

I've been writing it, and let's just say...it's going to make your panties drop ;)

If you didn't know, I'm on Twitter and Instagram!
Follow me for some sneak peak of the next chapter!
Twitter: SkylarPisatel
Instagram: Skylar.Pisatel

Thank you, Beautiful! Each and every vote and comment really motivated me to write and update another chapter way ahead of schedule!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

30.7K 662 29
*arrange marriage* Marino lucciano(29) is known for being ruthless and cruel. The number 1 Italian Mafia family, is ruled by him. Having Mercy is th...
252K 6.3K 52
Complete story✔️ Soraya On my 25th birthday I'm going to take over my father's throne. I know that in order to keep my seat as the Donna of the Easte...
754K 12K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ •• "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
3M 58.5K 44
COMPLETED✅ Arturo Vasquez -Head of Spanish mafia- was planning on accepting the proposal of Russian mafia leader Ivan Volkov's for his daughter, Aiya...