Roadtrip // Karlnap fanfic

By newtzvoid

Based on Dream's song "Road Trip" Sapnap has been living with Dream for a little over three months now but th... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten

Five

10.8K 353 896
By newtzvoid

CW/TW PANIC/ANXIETY ATTACKS, HOSPITALS, HEAD INJURIES!!!!!!! :)

They both slowly leaned in, but just as their lips were about to touch.. it went dark. Everything went dark. Sapnap opened his eyes and he was back in his room. He was more confused the second time waking up though.

He laid there staring at the ceiling and just silently talking to himself "what was that. What was that? It was me and.. Karl.. were we going to kiss?"

Sapnap sat up in bed and shook his head in denial. Dream was right. Even if he was actually just joking. He was right. Sapnap liked him didn't he? He was in denial. Deep in denial.

He sat there frantically looking around his room. He wasn't understanding what he was feeling. He was just feeling. His mind was racing and he couldn't keep composure. He wasn't prepared for this. The emotion was too much. He was starting to get lost in a panic and he needed to ground himself. He wanted to go sit in the bathroom, it was easier for him to calm down in there. 

Without even thinking twice about it he stood up quickly rushing to the bathroom. He accidentally slammed the door to the room causing Dream to wake up, Sapnap never slammed the door. 

Sapnap turned on the sink faucet and splashed cold water into his face. He couldn't process these emotions until he was calmed down. This was too much new for him. 

He didn't know what else to do besides splashing water in his face so he was trying to figure something out. Then he thought of it, the shower. He turned on the shower to a medium temperature and just went in with his clothes on. He felt like he was in a giant storm and he had no umbrella. 

Eventually Dream made it to the bathroom door and knocked "Nick? Are you okay?"

Sapnap didn't reply. He couldn't he just sat quietly. 

Dream knocked again. "Answer or in breaking  and down the door for you."

Sapnap didn't reply again. After about a minute Dream grabbed the emergency key and unlocked the bathroom door.

He immediately ran over to where Sapnap was sat in the shower fully clothed. He turned off the shower and leaned down next to his bestfriend. Saying he was worried would be an understatement, he was terrified. Sapnap never acted like this something was clearly wrong.

Dream rubbed his hand on Sapnap's back in circles and spoke in a soft tone "hey hey, what's wrong dude?"

Sapnap shook his head quickly, still hyperventilating starting to get light headed, he couldn't even get any words out.. he was having a panic attack.

Dream finally realized this. He didn't know what had or even could have caused it all he knew is that was definitely what this was.

He looked around a second and grabbed a towel out of a small closet in their bathroom wrapping it around Sapnap. He knew he had to keep him grounded. He moved him against the shower tile wall.

"Okay Sapnap, can you run your fingers along the tile for me please, I'm just gonna go get water." Dream said standing up slowly letting Sapnap lean against the tile.

He ran his finger along the tile so that he could stay grounded when Dream left to grab water. Dream grabbed a plastic cup from the kitchen quickly putting some ice in it and filling it up with tap water before running it back to him.

He gestured the cup towards Sapnap. He slowly reached out a shaky hand and took it from him. Dream sat on the tile floor outside the shower and waited "would you like to talk about what happened?

Sapnap shook his head. He would talk about it with Dream... eventually.

Dream nodded reassuringly "okay then. I can help you back to your room if you would like?" It was clear Dream didn't know what else to do. He couldn't really do anything else though until he knew what happened.

Sapnap nodded and slowly started standing up, he was doing good he stepped out of the shower and onto the cold tile. His closed were still drenched in water. 

Dream had stood up and walked over to the doorway. He outstretched his hand for Sapnap to take.

When he reached fore it though he got very lightheaded. The room started spinning and he couldn't stand still. Quickly he lost all balance and just fell. He felt himself hit the wall, then the floor, then it went black...

~~~

Next thing Sapnap knew he was opening his eyes to a.. "ah why is it so bright in here?" Sapnap asked confused. He had absolutely no clue. He didn't remember much of what had happened. All he remembered is that he ran into the bathroom and splashed water in his face.

Dream immediately looked up from his phone and rushed over when he woke up "oh George he's awake. I have to go." Dream hung up the phone and looked at Sapnap super concerned "dude are you okay? You hit your head really hard." 

Sapnap raised an eyebrow. Even more confused now. "What? When? How?" he didn't remember hitting his head, though I guess that would make sense.

"You had a panic attack in the bathroom, I still don't know over what, and then when you tried to stand you feel right into the wall hitting your head, knocking yourself out." 

"I did- what?" Sapnap was still so tired he wasn't processing anything. All he knew was he hit his head and now he was.. wait where was he? "Where are we?"

"Sapnap we are at the hospital. The doctors are pretty sure you have a concussion." Dream said sitting back down into one of the plain white chairs. Everything in the room was so bright and white. It was an eyesore compared to Sapnap's room at the house.

Sapnap thought for a bit. Dream said he had a panic attack, which he slightly remembered, but he couldn't remember what it was about. 

I didn't just have one for no reason. It was the middle of the night.. what time is it now? No, focus. What happened? What happened.. 

Sapnap opened his phone looking for answers and when he did. It was open to Karl's messages. 

Oh shit- the dream.. what was that about anyway? I mean.. it was kind of nice. No Karl is a friend.. but what Clay said.. 

Sapnap looked up at Dream and sighed "hey can I ask you something?"

Dream looked over from his phone "of course dude what's up?" 

He gulped. "So about what you said yesterday. The I'm in denial about Karl and zi thing.. you weren't serious right?"

Dream shook his head and chuckled "no of course I wasn't. Why do you ask?" Dream raised a curious eyebrow.

"Oh I just.. it's nothing."

"You have been thinking about it all day and night haven't you?"

"...maybe."

"I know that look far too well. What happened Nick?" Dream sat his phone down.

Sapnap sighed "I had a dream last night.. about.. him."

"Karl?"

Sapnap nodded. "It was just nice. We were in this large clearing of trees and it was so nice out." Sapnap smiled thinking about it. " we were sat on a quilt and we were nothing drinking monster. His giggle and his eyes I just couldn't get them out of my head.. he's just so.."

Dream smiled "perfect?" 

"Perfect." Sapnap nodded. "His fluffy brown hair and his sense of humor I was mesmerized, and before I knew it.. we were about to kiss."

Dreams eyes widened. Definitely not what he expected. "You- wait- what do you mean were about to kiss?"

"I woke up." Sapnap sighed immediately his mood dropping. "I woke up from the best dream I've ever had."

Dream laughed nervously "and now we are here?"

"and now we are here.." Sapnap looked down at his phone. At Karl's contact. At the heart next to his name that was really just a joke but, it meant something now. "Please I don't have feelings for him.. he's my best friend and I can't ruin that."

"What do you mean ruin?" Dream looked at him confused.

"He's one of my closest friends.. we just understand each other and if anything were to become more, which it won't, it might ruin it." Sapnap sighed shaking his head "I know I don't like him. That's childish. I'm not.. in love with my best friend."

Dream laughed trying to lighten the mood "I see we are evolving from Simp-nap to Denial-nap huh?"

"Oh shut up. I'm.." he wasn't going to lie. He was for sure in denial but he wasn't going to admit that. 

"Don't even try and lie." Dream smirked.

Sapnaps phone buzzed "whatever go back to your call with George." He rolled his eyes and looked down at the screen. A message from Karl.

Karl<3

Karl: "hey are you okay Nick? Clay said you were in the hospital."  Sent 3:45pm

Holy shit it's already almost four in the afternoon??

Nick/Sapnap: "I mean I feel fine but I'm probably super high on pain killers lmao." Sent 3:45pm

Karl: "oh I'm glad I was worried about you bro :)" Sent 3:45pm

Karl: "we all are. I have been studio all day though." Sent 3:45pm

Nick/Sapnap: "oh that sucks dude" Sent 3:46pm

Nick/Sapnap: "was it fun at least?" Sent 3:46pm

Karl: "I mean I didn't lose today so I would say it was pretty okay." Sent 3:46pm

The two texted back and forth for a while, Sapnap just mostly let Karl tell him about his day at the office and stuff though. He didn't mind. 

Karl: "I have to go. Quackity needs help with something rq." Sent 3:59pm

Nick/Sapnap: "okay bye!" Sent 3:59pm

Sapnap placed his phone down and sighed.. "you're right Clay."

"I always am." Dream laughed. "Why am I this time though."

"Because I'm in denial." Sapnap let out a shaky laugh "or I was."

Author's Note:

This chapter feels too short but I am proud of it and I don't think the chapters will get much longer but that's okay because as a writer and reader I know some people don't like giant long chapters especially since I'm getting them out pretty much daily. 

They may be longer in the future but i guess only time will tell. Anyways hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 262 22
⚠️This story includes: swearing and slight homophobia, please click off if these things trigger you!⚠️ Karl wished everything would go back to normal...
45.8K 1K 11
Karl goes into his second year of college expecting to be paired up with George, his best friend and roommate from last year. However he gets surpris...
38.5K 1.4K 13
𝕊𝕋𝔸ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔻: 𝔸𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕝 𝟜𝕥𝕙, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙 𝔽𝕀ℕ𝕀𝕊ℍ𝔼𝔻: 𝔸ℙℝ𝕀𝕃 𝟚𝟡𝕥𝕙, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙 Sapnap's a prince and heir to the throne, while Karl is a new...
487K 16.6K 62
Karl is finding it more and more difficult to hide his feelings for his best friend, Sapnap. He's willing to risk it all for his chance at love, but...