Unspoken Love | Niall Horan A...

By prernapunjabi

She is shy, he is a charmer. She is silent, he is loud. She keeps to herself and he would never do that. Her... More

0.1
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
Epilogue
Crying, Laughing, Cake faced birthday.
Jealousy, Love, New Member.
Love, Lobe, Luf.
Daddy's girl !
Bittersweet- Asiam One shot
Forever- Lilou One Shot
Worth it ! - Zarayn One Shot
Charmaine Styles-Karry One Shot
New book!

0.2

9.5K 300 212
By prernapunjabi

Sitting in English class was really boring. Mr Parker went on and on about whatever he was talking about and I was deep in my thoughts about what would happen at Niall's house today. It wasn't that hard to hide my feelings but sometimes it did become difficult.

When Niall would introduce me to his girlfriends my heart would sink but being the best friend I am I would always support him no matter what.

The bell finally rang freeing me from the boredom. I stuffed all my stuff in my bag and left the classroom. I walked out to the parking lot and walked to Niall's car. I kept my bag on the bonnet and climbed on it carefully, swaying my legs for no damn reason. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and scrolled through Instagram aimlessly. I kept looking up from time to time to check for Niall, but I stopped when I saw him walking towards the car with his fingers intertwined with a girls, who I know as Laura Collins.

I calmed my inner turmoil and hopped off the car. I picked up my bag and swung it over my shoulder. As Niall neared the car and our eyes met, his smile faded. He reached up to me and looked .... Guilty?

"Uh ... Lana. I'm sorry but we will have to cancel our plans for today."

I was confused.

"What! Why?"

"I'm taking Laura out." He said looking at Laura and then at me. I could feel my eyes water and tried my level best to control my tears.

"Oh, okay! Go ahead. I'll go meet Maura alone. Have a nice time." I smiled and left not bothering to give him a hug like usual.

I expected him to stop me or something but it didn't happen, just like usual. All I heard was the engine coming to life and the car going past me. I looked down and wiped my tears. Its okay Alana, you're used to it.

I left the school gates and walked on the streets, kicking the pebbles. I didn't have my car as Ashley was my ride and well I was supposed to leave with Niall, so yeah.

As soon as I neared Niall's house, I increased my pace. I walked through the gate and rang the doorbell. Niall's parents were wealthy to say in the least. Bobby was a lawyer and Maura an Interior designer. Greg, Niall's older brother was also working in a multinational company, so money was never a problem for them.

The door opened, revealing Maura. I smiled and tackled her in a hug.

"I missed you, Maura." I snuggled into her neck.

"I missed you too Alana, get inside its cold out." She said ushering me in.

I took my shoes out as she closed the door behind me. I dropped my bag on the side table and plopped down on the sofa.

"How was school?" Maura asked as she rummaged through the cupboards in the open kitchen.

"School was good but maths is always being a pain in the bum," I said and heard her laugh.

She plopped down on the sofa handling me a small tub of ice-cream while she ate popcorn.

"What do you want to talk about? Ice cream doesn't come out for no purpose." I said making her chuckle.

"Its Niall," she said, her voice low. I could make out that she was upset about what was bothering her.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked.

"Greg proposed Denise two days ago." I dropped the spoon and covered my mouth with my hands.

"Oh my god." I squealed. "He's getting married. There was no way she would say no." I gushed.

"She said 'yes' indeed but ...." She stopped rubbing her temple.

"But its really bothering Niall." What? Why?

I didn't say anything letting her continue.

"When Greg told us Denise said 'yes', Niall went back to that phase. He came to me that night and spoke to me about Sandra."

"Oh," I said and wriggled my toes, a habit I developed due to anxiety.

"Yeah. And Greg proposing Denise really made him relapse. He needs to understand love will come to him. If he ever tried to be desperate for it, he will never get it. I'm tired of seeing him this way." She said and sighed.

I looked at her and it really hurt. All I could see was a terribly upset mother who wants her child to be happy but doesn't know a way for his happiness.

I placed my hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

"Don't worry Maura, I'll talk to him." she nodded.

"Let's not talk about this." She smiled. "What about you? Any boys?"

I blushed at the thought and looked away.

"No. There are no boys." I blushed.

"That's not possible."

"It is. I don't like anyone." I deferred.

"Lana, since how long do I know you?" She questioned making me look at her confused.

"Since forever, duh," I stated.

"And I know you, just like your mother?"

"Obviously Maura."

"Then why are you putting up an act?" She said placing her hand on mine.

"What are you talking about?"

"I know about your feelings." She said and I choked on the ice-cream.

"I know you love Niall." My heartbeat stopped and the colour drained from my face. I could not hear anything or pay attention to what was going on. God!

"Wh-What?" I stuttered. "There's nothing of that sort going on. I don't love Niall. No. Yes. I love Niall but as a friend. That's it." I said as fast as I could.

She looked at me and her lips broke into a smile.

"Keep saying that to yourself." She said and before I could reply, the door swung open with a pissed Niall walking in.

He picked up the tub of ice-cream from my lap with one hand and pulled me up with the other. I fumbled with my steps but luckily didn't fall.

He pulled me up the stairs to his room and closed the door. He sat on the bed and looked outside the window. I hopped on the bed and plopped on my knees behind him.

I placed my hands on his tense shoulders and kneaded them, slowly feeling his knots open up.

"What's wrong?" I said, my hands still at work.

"Laura almost walked out on our date," he said, his voice pissed.

"Why would she do that?"

"We were at Starbucks. I ordered our coffees and just as our orders came, she got a call from someone. She said her friend called and she needed to leave and dashed out of there. Do you know how embarrassed I felt as the waitress looked at me? God, I'm so pissed!" He said completely flustered.

"I can see that." I giggled.

"Don't laugh, I was really pissed at her." He groaned.

"You know what, help me with maths. I'm sure you're mind would get diverted."

"Sounds like a plan." He grinned.

----------

After two hours of working hard and understanding square roots and trigonometry, I finally understood the chapter. As of now, we lay on his bedside by side, the books scattered on the floor beside me and us already in our PJs, the ice cream long gone forgotten. The sky had slowly turned dark. The ceiling was filled with tiny star stickers which glowed in the dark.

"Stay here tonight?" Niall asked breaking the pregnant silence.

"I'll text mum." I smiled at him.

I picked up my phone from on the bed.

Will be staying at Niall's place, meet you tomorrow after school.

Mum: Take care sweetie. Love you.

Love you too.

I kept my phone on the side table and lay down sideways, looking at Niall.

"What do you think, why did Laura leave?" I asked cautiously, using my words correctly so I don't hit a nerve.

"Maybe she already has a boyfriend." He huffed and turned so he was facing me.

"Niall stop. You need to stop thinking that every girl is going to cheat on you like Sandra. She is a bitch and she repented when she had to move away. You can't hold onto that thought forever right."

"I know okay, I know." He said fisting his hair and groaning.

"As cliche as it sounds, I want to have someone to love. Greg has been sappy since he proposed, do you know how hard it is?"

"But that doesn't mean that you need someone at the moment." I paused.

"Niall, love comes to us at the most unexpected times. It may be a long friendship, a glance at a person or even a new person in your life. If you go searching for it you will never find it. You need to be patient with love. There is a huge difference between love and infatuation. Love means that when you look at a person, you know you can spend your whole life with them."

He sighed, his eyes peering at me in a trance. As much as it hurts that I will never be the one he loves, I will stay strong.

"Okay, close your eyes."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

"Okay." He did it.

"Now imagine yourself getting married. You waiting at the altar, a beautiful girl walking down the aisle. Her smile radiating your whole world." His lips twitched in a delicate smile. "Now imagine yourself holding a baby in your arms as your wife works in the kitchen." I smiled as I could totally imagine myself with Niall.

"How does it feel?" I asked almost whispering.

"Beautiful." He whispered back.

"Did you see someone familiar?" I asked.

His eyes opened and the blue shining irises peered down at me with so many emotions running through them.

"I did." He smiled.

I smiled back at him and he pulled me towards him.

"Let's sleep." He yawned. "I'm sleepy." He said and rolled over.

I pulled the duvets over us, just up to our chins and wrapped my arms around his waist being the big spoon he always wants me to be.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face hoping that I was the one he saw.

-------

Aye!

Here is chapter two.

How are you liking the story so far?

-Pre xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

816 4 14
Harry is living with his best friend during their gap year and they just so happen to meet some new people around their age on a night out who are al...
86.1K 1.3K 54
[also please read note below] Samantha Williams is just a simple girl living in Dublin, Ireland. She was just walking around the streets of London wi...
5.1K 78 22
Everything written about love, is bullshit. All those fairytales never came true, and never will. Elizabeth Monroe was one not to fall for a fake lov...
17.2K 488 55
*COMPLETED * check the sequel YOU&ME! ///// Olivia is just back from a world tour with her best friend Niall and for the first time in 5 years, he's...