Fire between Blood

By _lluciferr_

A clash between two sisters for the same crown. One already the queen of the nation and the other is the prin... More

Fire between Blood

45 4 1
By _lluciferr_

Long time ago there was a kingdom named Mecromac surrounded by three large mountains named Marashire, Wadecaster and Palarane. The kingdom of Mecromac was a heaven on earth. Rich with a green nature, deep forests, crystal clear lakes, stunning waterfalls and kind, happy people. Fresh air from the mountains will always blow through the green fields of Mecromac. Nature itself safeguarded this land of gold. Because it was its greatest creation. Mecromac was a kingdom built upon once seven divided nations. Once it was a land where constant wars occurred but now it's the symbol of peace and happiness. All because of one great queen.

This land of heaven was ruled by a queen named Queen Hazel, who ruled the seven nations all by herself. She was known as the most powerful woman the world has ever seen. She bowed down to no one, but everyone else kneeled before her without any reluctance. She was a burning fire under an iceberg. She was calm yet fierce, she was kind yet cruel, she was a creation of both sides of the world. Some would even say she ruled the heaven and hell at the same time. Her dark blue eyes were deep like the universe itself, mysterious yet full of sparks. Anyone who would look at her eyes would get lost in her great power ending up bowing down in front of her. Like a powerless being begging for its life. That was her legacy.

Before her, the seven nations had seven different rulers and every day war broke loose between those nations. All because the rulers were greedy, unkind, blinded by power and self-obsessed. As a result of those wars Queen Hazel even lost her parents when she was 15 years old, which instantly made her the ruler of her nation. All those other rulers of the six nations just wanted power and to serve themselves, nothing else. But with her power and charm she brought the seven nations together, named it Mecromac and banished the six remaining rulers. Peace within the nations at last. A nation where anyone could live happily ever after. Mecromac was the new heaven on earth, at least that's what its residents thought after Queen Hazel sat on the throne. With her protection her citizens felt like they were being taken care by their very own mother.

But she wasn't the only royal blood that was alive. Queen Hazel had a sister named Princess Ruby, a younger one. She was the very opposite of the queen, just like day and night. She was always abandoned under her elder sister's shadow. No one recognized her, for she never had a charm like her elder sister, she was no match for the queen. She was a forgotten soul wandering within the huge, magnificent castles of her sister. She was all alone. She only had her sister left in her life, but even she was busy ruling a kingdom. It was like Princess Ruby never even existed in anyone's lives. She was a soul that craved for attention, yet she got none. She dreamt each day of becoming the next queen. She dreamt wearing the crown and walking in the streets of their nation while everyone kneeled before her. But sadly, that was only a dream. A dream that would never become a reality, she knew it deep inside her heart. The queen never got the chance to spend time with her sister Princess Ruby, because she had to bear the responsibility of ruling a kingdom from a young age. Princess Ruby on the other hand never understood what her sister was doing, the responsibility her sister was shouldering, she was selfish, and she wanted all the attention to herself and to make herself happy and comfortable. She hated being under her sister's wings, she hated her sister for giving all her attention to the kingdom and its people, she hated how much the people loved her. She hated every single inch of her sister for she could never walk beside her. She was always behind her and will always continue to be.

For anyone who's living such life will eventually usher hate, jealousy and cruelty even towards their loved ones. They would want to kill everyone and burn down everything. They would want to unleash hell among their own people. Which exactly happened with princess Ruby. With all those years passed and living all alone by herself, seeing how much people loved her sister and not her, she grew a hate and jealousy for her sister Queen Hazel and everyone else around her. She wanted to take her place, she wanted to burn down the queen's legacy and take her place. She wanted to kill her sister and be the next queen of the kingdom of Mecromac. She wanted to rule and show the world who she really was. She wanted everyone else to accept her existence. She wanted to start her own legacy. A legacy that no one would forget, a legacy that was stronger and more powerful. She was craving for power.

She started coming up with a plan, a plan to end it all, once and for all. Her wicked plan was to poison the queen on the next grand ball to be held. Annually a grand ball was organized by the queen herself for the entire nation. A day where everyone celebrated, a day where everyone forgot about their problems and joined hands together to celebrate. The nation will be filled with music, joys of its people, smell of freshly cooked food, glowing through the decorations that has been placed by the royal palace. It's a day that everyone looks forward to each and every year. Thousands of people will visit the palace during this time. Everyone gets the chance to meet their beloved, powerful queen. Everyone gets to dance with their loved ones. Its day filled with love and laughter. A day where everyone celebrated the peace within the kingdom.

But for Princess Ruby it was a day for revenge. She knew this was the perfect time to take her retribution, to take the first step towards starting her own legacy. She had to kill her sister, she had to forcefully take the throne. She had to show the world that even the most powerful queen of the entire nation can be killed and dethroned by her own sister which will make the entire nation kneel before Princess Ruby. She was planning to poison the queen's food, no one would suspect her since thousands would visit the queen during the ceremony. It was the perfect time and there won't be another opening like this for her to ger her revenge. She gathered few of her most trusted allies and spilled the strategy for them and requested them to support her for the coming cold dark weather within the palace. She was about to unleash her dogs to the wild.

Everything was in place yet one day before the actual event the queen was informed by the princesses own allies about the betrayal about to happen from her own blood related sister. Why did that happen? Because no one was courageous enough to betray the empress, even though they were allies of the princess they didn't want to betray the queen. Everyone doubted the princess. Princesses own allies was feared before the queen. Not even the strongest man in the nation could even think about killing the queen, that fear only guided them towards betraying the princess. In an instant the wicked plan of the princess was falling apart. All her selfish dreams were ruined in an instant by her very own allies.

With getting to know about this betrayal the queen's calmness was shattered; she rose with fierce eyes. She was broken inside getting to know that her own sister was planning to kill her for power. Hell broke loose inside her. Her eyes glowed red in the night like a wolf that has been stabbed multiple times in the back. Her demons were out of the cages, crawling inside the walls within her. They were no longer in control. She hated everything, she hated her own kingdom, she hated her own people, she hated herself, she hated her own presence. She thought to herself, "There's no point in punishing just my sister for this. What if someone else does the same again? After devouring my life and my services for the seven nations is this what I get? To get betrayed by my own family?"

With all those thoughts and demons rising inside her head she wanted to vanish into the thin air. She wanted to disappear and never return. It won't be easy to do since she is the most powerful women in the seven nations, everyone knew her face, everyone knew who she was. Yet she did the impossible, she burnt down the whole castle. Everything she held dearly and close to her, she burnt them down. There was no turning back. Flames were rising high in the sky touching the clouds, the night sky was glowing in red, the moon seemed like the sun at that very occasion. The castle was breaking down brick by brick, thousands of years of history vanishing into thin air in flames of hell. The queen took one last look at her palace, years of hard work, years of ruling and all of that comes to an end like this. Because her own sister was greedy for power. She murmured "You can't force power dear sister, you should earn power, you should earn your place among the people". She convinced herself that this was the only way. She looked at the moon, now a burning sun in the night sky. It was time for her to escape, to leave everything behind, to leave her legacy to dust. She ran into the unknown world, to the thick mist of the night in her rugged clothes and a wolf skin covering her all the way so no one would recognize her. Everyone will presume she is dead because of the flames. No one would suspect the queen herself started this fire. No one would ever know what happened that cold night inside the palace. Its secrets vanished away with the flames.

The flames continued for straight three days. The whole place was covered in ashes with no presence of life to be seen. Once a great magnificent castle is now in ashes. No one knew what happened. No one saw the queen; she was nowhere to be found. But Princess Ruby? Her lifeless, unidentifiable corpse was found near the throne, she was trying to be seated in the throne for one last time, everyone presumed. But flames of hell got to her first. She was too late. The nation mourned for weeks after losing their queen, she was the one who saved them, gave them hope, gave them a smile and now she is nowhere to be found. The nation had no ruler or successor after the queen's disappearance. The seven nations got separated yet again bringing back old dark memories back to their residents. The kingdom of Mecromac was falling and there was no one to save it.

Princess Ruby? Well, she ruined her dream and she ended herself in the process. Blinded by power and hate, she dug her own grave within her very own home. She fought against her fate but where did that take her? To her own death. At the same time, she broke someone, and that person will never be able to trust another human again, ever again. Once a great ruler, now just a wandering soul still running away from the legacy she built. Not knowing who to trust or what to do, she kept running and escaping for her entire life. Living inside a deep forest, hunting by her own she was surviving by her own. She was alive within her own ruined palace inside her soul. And that's all she will ever be.

~ The End ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
131K 5.5K 49
A fire incident at his(Kim Jae-soo) husband's home while he (Baek Ji-Hu )was away made Kim Jae-soo return to his third year of university (he was reb...