Clash of Beliefs

By JRBatman

US Army Major Augustus Grant is given an opportunity of a lifetime to be reborn with the abilities of a gamer... More

Characters
Chapter: Arrival
Chapter: Revelations
Chapter: Dawn
Truths Come Out

Chapter: Rebel

341 14 38
By JRBatman

Planet: Ekos

(IMPERIAL CALENDAR YEAR: 4th of September 1774):

Two days after arriving in Philadelphia doing reconnaissance, Grant had learned that events unfolding in the colonies were nearly identical to the ones on Earth with the Brits taxing the colonists as well opening fire on civilians in Boston. Taking a swig of his ale he tried to calm his nerves as he looked back over to Claire. "It seems that tomorrow the colonials will be holding their First Continental Congress."

Claire nodded to show him she was listening

"I planned on attending in order to rally support for taking more direct actions against the British. Because as it stands the Colonial Militia will not be able to stand up against the British army especially if they make use of the wizards they most certainly have under their command."

Silently thinking over how she responded she chose the way in which benefit her the most. "While I do not support you urging the colonies going to war, I know it must be based on if what you told me is true. I just hope that when you stand before the Continental Congress you remember to use personal pronouns rather than referring to everything in the third person."

Grant nodded at her. "Using pronouns would help try and show that we are united as colonists and that we have a common enemy." Grant briefly got up from the table another ale for himself as well as one for her. "Tomorrow is when the real war begins because they will not be able to find an excuse for what the British are about to do."

Claire feared for what Grant was going to do tomorrow considering he had the power to conjure things out of nothing.

"Hey, Claire I have some things to do before turning in. How about go upstairs and I'll meet up with you later."

She nodded as she left leaving him alone the table

(IMPERIAL CALENDAR YEAR: 5th of September 1774):

After finishing his ale he slowly exited the tavern and began to walk down the street shortly after midnight. Looking for a dark alley in which he could contact Gaius. Rounding the corner he continued to walk for about ten minutes before he found what he was looking for. "Gaius, search under purchase menu in the miscellaneous category for British soldiers circa 18th century"

[ I found two subsections within that category that matched your description]

Purchase Menu:

- Weapons

- Vehicles

- Armor

- Clothing

- Miscellaneous

  - British Colonial Officer

    - Lieutenant: 150 GC

    - Captain: 200 GC

    - Major: 300 GC

    - Lieutenant Colonel: 400 GC

    - Colonel: 500 GC

  - British Colonial Enlisted

    - Private: 5 GC

    - Corporal: 25 GC

    - Sergeant: 50 GC

"Gaius, I would like to buy 1 lieutenant, 2 sergeants, and 10 privates."

[Consider it done, Major Grant, Though I must say the idea that you have in mind is quite elaborate]

"Is that a compliment, Gaius?"

[Maybe]

Grant watched as the men began to materialize in front of him

"Sir, the 423rd regiment of foot is at your service, I am Lieutenant Matthew Wallace, and these are my men."

"Good to know" he said while saluting him back "I have a mission for you that comes directly from General Gage he has discovered that later today the colonies will be coming together in Carpenter Hall in order to discuss whether any action should be taken against the motherland. He believes that these colonists may intend to incite a rebellion, so he ordered you to fire upon their meeting room at half past noon."

Lieutenant Wallace contemplated how to respond "Sir, the general wants us to fire upon our own people?"

"The colonists are not our people, lieutenant, they demand self-governance yet want a seat in parliament they have rebelled over us asking them to pay more taxes in order to protect them. We must send a strong message to those who wish do harm to the motherland should be ready to face the consequences."

Wallace nodded to what his superior was saying before marching off with his men.

As Grant walked back to the inn, he began to think of what he would to the colonist in order for them to side with him. As went to sleep he knew that his plans would forever change history.

(IMPERIAL CALENDAR YEAR: 5th of September 1774):

As Grant entered the Carpenter Hall, he slowly walked into the room that housed the delegates.

"Who are you?" Peter Randolph asked

"Why I am Augustus Grant the delegate sent by the Georgia colony."

"Consider us surprised, Mr. Grant but if we knew Georgia was going to send a delegate, we would have had another seat ready."

"That is completely fine, Mr. Randolph I just came to voice my opinion if you would mind, I would like to speak to the congress as a whole about what we should do in regard to the motherland."

Randolph looked around to see if anyone had any objections "It appears that no one is objecting so let us hear what you have to say."

Grant walked up to where Randolph had been standing and looked out to the crowd. "I like many of you have come here today to voice my concerns on how we should respond to actions the motherland has taken but I ask you this can we truly call them that? When we asked for help their help in the past with dealing with the threats by the natives, they sent no one. In the last war we held off the French for quite some time on our own but when Parliament decided to send aid one could easily look at differences between are two fighting forces. At every turn officer in the British Army have sought to degrade our militias as well as their commanding officers by giving them lower ranks than what they have earned. We ask Parliament to treat us equally, yet they do not, they raise our taxes without our consent by passing our legislatures completely. Even now the British Army remains on our soil without doing a anything to help us push the boundaries of our borders forcing us to remain in the territories they have carved out. Instead they are violating our rights by forcing us to provide them housing when we clearly do not need their aid. So I ask think about this we desire the right to self-governance, yet the motherland does not want to give us this right. Our brothers in the Massachusetts colony decided to protest the unfair taxes and now the Boston Harbor is completely shut down. Our overlords from across the sea have shown multiple times not only in our colony but that they are willing to resort to violence. We must not let the events of 4 years ago and today be forgotten it is only a matter of time before the motherland turns its sight onto another colony."

As Grant stepped down and began to make his way over to the seat that was set up for him, he could hear Randolph speaking about how passionate his speech was looking at his pocket watch he knew that his soldiers would begin firing any minute. As he looked over, he saw one of the other delegates move towards the window.

"President Randolph there are troops gathering outside"

Grant watched as some of the delegates went running over to look out the window until some shouted there were some on the other side as well.

(IMPERIAL CALENDAR YEAR: 5th of September 1774):

Lieutenant Wallace looked at his pocket watch as his men began to load their rifles. Looking back up he saw them leveling their weapon on the building. Wallace before giving the order. "FIRE!" within seconds he saw smoke coming out of all the barrels and then the troops on the other side of Carpenters Hall opening fire.

For the next five minutes they continued fire until order them to stop. "Cease fire, our mission is done as men on his side stopped, he walked over and told the others the same thing" As they marched out of the city Wallace could feel that everyone looking upon them thought that they were monsters.

(IMPERIAL CALENDAR YEAR: 5th of September 1774):

Back inside Grant began to peak out the window to see if there were anymore. "Were clear on left can someone check on the right?"

"Were clear over here as well" Grant looked to see George Washington stand up and move toward the center of the room.

Today we came here to peacefully debate on how we should respond to the motherland's actions in the Massachusetts colony and were met with gunfire that killed three of our fellow delegates. Today they have left us no choice but to move towards declaring independence. After we leave today, we must make preparations for the war that is to come in the next meeting of we will no longer be colonies of Great Britain but our own separate entities.

(IMPERIAL CALENDAR YEAR: 6th of September 1774):

Grant began smile at Claire as he ate his meal. "It seems all is going according to plan. Today I have effectively turned the colonies into a powder keg waiting to explode, all we have to do now is train our troops and wait until the second constitutional convention and then bam I take control of the army."

Claire nodded "But how do you think they will react when they learn that you were not Georgia's official delegate?"

"Who says they will ever find out? All I have to do is buy a good chunk of land and then bribe each member of the assembly. I thought by now you would know how easy is to manipulate people when money is involved."

"But surely not all people can be bought?'

"You would surprised be, Claire, that a lot of people actually have price that is much lower than you would think. But that discussion is for another time. Tomorrow we leave at first light.

(IMPERIAL CALENDAR YEAR: 20th of September 1774):

Looking out at the cascading hills grand could not believe how he has gotten in week since arriving in Georgia. Not only was he able to bribe each member of Georgia Assembly with 10,000 pounds each to backdate a document to say they nominated him to attend the First Continental Congress but even had help from another member who told him that he could call in a favor in order to backdate his ownership land that was near the line of proclamation for another 10,000 pounds.

"Claire you see that ridge over their just beyond it beyond about 10 miles inland is where home is going to be for the next 2 year while I train the army."

"Quick question how much land did you buy? Also what about those troops you summoned back in Philadelphia?"

"Oh shit, Gaius, Access personal stats"

Grant watched as a screen appeared in front of him in bold lettering and started displaying his stats

Augustus Grant

Level 19

HP: 1800/1800

MP: 2000/2000

Perks: Founding Father

Military Commander

Explorer

???

Skills: Multilingual, Martial Arts Expert, Expert Swordsman, Firearms Expert, Eidetic Memory

Population: 2/0

Military: 13/0

Heroes: Locked until Level 20

"How could I forget the troop they could potentially expose everything." Grant said as he slapped his forehead. "Gaius, kill of all British military troops who answer to me"

[Consider it done, but might I remind you that currently you have spent over 1.5 million genesis coins]

"I know but I needed to get the land and have important people like Washington remember me." Grant replied

[Well, when you get to your land, I suggest building a mine and then buying some workers to harvest more coins based on how quickly you are burning it]

Grant sighed in relief as the military tab went back down to 0. "It couldn't be helped, Gaius, but if you think about it 92% of it went toward bribes, 7.5% went towards land, and 0.5% went toward troops." Looking at ridge he smiled. "Come on Claire if we want to get my 80000-acre property by noon we better leave now or otherwise we may be in for a rough night."

(IMPERIAL CALENDAR YEAR: 22nd of September 1774):

After buying his command tent, he bought a map of the acreage which would constantly change as he made improvements as well as label everything he added. "Okay first thing Gaius I need you to set up a 12-foot wall around the base."

[Consider it down]

Grant watched it appear on the map "Now, I need you to set up 25 GC mines that are spaced 5 miles apart near the northern wall as well as enough tent to accommodate a field army that consists of 100,000 men"

[Okay, that took away about 25 million genesis coins]

"Now, Gaius, search US army infantry soldiers circa World War II under the purchase menu in the subsection miscellaneous."

[I found two subsections within that category that matched your description]

Purchase Menu:

- Weapons

- Vehicles

- Armor

- Clothing

- Miscellaneous

    - WW2 US Army Officer

        - Second Lieutenant: 700 GC

        - First Lieutenant: 1,400 GC

        - Captain: 2,800 GC

        - Major: 5,600 GC

        - Lieutenant Colonel: 11,200 GC

        - Colonel: 22,400 GC

        - Brigadier General: 44,800 GC

        - Major General: 89,600 GC

        - Lieutenant General: 179,200 GC

         - General: 358,400 GC

    - WW2 US Army Enlisted

         - Private: 20 GC

         - Private First Class: 40 GC

         - Corporal: 80 GC

         - Sergeant: 160 GC

         - Staff Sergeant 320 GC

Grant sat down and began to do the math "I need 5 Lieutenant Generals, 5 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals, 20 Colonels, 100 Lieutenant Colonels, 400 Majors, 600 Captains, 800 First Lieutenants, 1,200 Second Lieutenants, 5,000 Staff Sergeants, 10,000 Sergeants, 20,000 Corporals, 26,430 Private First Classes, 35,435 Privates."

[That took away 15,581,900 GC. I should note that since you made such a large purchase it will take some time for your men to generate]

"That fine, Gaius, let's get to equipment can you search for US military weapons circa World War II under the purchase menu in the subsection weapons

[I found two subsections within that category that matched your description]

Purchase Menu:

- Weapons

    - US Military

        - Colt M1911: 250 GC

        - M1 Garand: 550 GC

        - M1903 Springfield Sniper: 1,000 GC

        - Thompson Submachine Gun: 650 GC

        - M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle: 850 GC

        - Ithaca Model 37: 750 GC

        - Mk2 grenade: 2,000 GC

        - Ka-bar: 50 GC

- Vehicles

- Armor

- Clothing

- Miscellaneous

Doing the math again he began to speak to Gaius "I need 100,000 Colt M1911s, 60,000 M1 Garands, 16,000 M1903 Springfield Sniper, 15,000 M1918 Browning Automatic Rifles, 9,000 Ithaca Model 37s, 150,000 Mk2 grenades, 99,865 Ka-bars."

[That took away an additional 399,493,250 GC. I should note that since you made such a large purchase it will take some time for them to appear in crates outside]

"That fine, Gaius, let's get to vehicles can you search for US military vehicles circa World War II under the purchase menu in the subsection miscellaneous

[I found two subsections within that category that matched your description]

Purchase Menu:

- Weapons

- Vehicles

    - US Military

        - Willy MB: 10,000 GC

        - GMC CCKW: 20,000 GC

        - Dodge WC series: 15,000 GC

        - Harley-Davidson WLA: 7,500 GC

        - M4 Sherman Medium Tank: 150,000 GC

        - M5 Stuart Light Tank: 50,000 GC

        - M7 Priest 105 mm Howitzer Motor Carriage: 100,000 GC

- Armor

- Clothing

- Miscellaneous

Doing the math again he began to speak to Gaius "I need 2,500 Willy MBs, 3,750 GMC CCKWs, 1,750 Dodge WC series, 1,500 Harley-Davidson WLAs, 300 M4 Sherman Medium Tanks, 120 M5 Stuart Light Tanks, 260 M7 Priest 105 mm Howitzer Motor Carriages."

[That took away an additional 214,500,000 GC. I should note that since you made such a large purchase it will take some time for them to appear around compound]

"Now search the build menu for an oil refinery that I can have span 5 miles in each direction in the southwest corner of the fort. Along with 4 ammunition factories and 2 consumer goods factories in the northeast corner of the fort. Then a coal plant in the northwest if you have to you can move the GC mines in the way. Lastly southeast portion of the fort can you build 3 hydraulic fracturing drilling rigs and 7 coal mines."

[Yes, Major Grant,, but as of right now you have spent 1,616,075,150 GC. Leaving you with 1,698,383,924,500 GC]

"Tomorrow I'll get you to create workers and then it will just be a waiting game while the privates learn to shoot their weapons and drive the vehicles they are assigned. While the generals go over tactics and strategies.

(IMPERIAL CALENDAR YEAR: 23rd of September 1774):

Grant woke up to Claire staring out the window of their tent

"Amazing isn't it"

"It's beyond amazing, if I did not know Gaius was supporting you, I would have thought you were a wizard." Claire stated

"Hey, don't joke like that I would never be one of those supernatural freaks who think magic solves everything because it doesn't the own thing that solves almost everything is money or power."

Claire sat at the table while Grant brought over a two metal cylinders with fork in both of them.

"Don't worry, soon you'll start experience world I came from slowly especially after the war that is to come but for now, but for now we have to live off these shitty K-rations until the privates finish basic and AIT which should take about 7 months until then we can check on the factories and the place that keeps everything running."

Claire sighed "I do not get you sometimes you could make the A-ration meal yourself."

"That is true, but I want to show the people I will be leading that I am no better than them when it comes to meals."

[Your last vehicle has just appeared and congratulations you have just reached level 20 and unlocked the heroes' section]

"Finally, Gaius open menu and access heroes' section"

Heroes:

- Experienced General

- Experienced Admiral

- Experienced Diplomat

- Experienced Politician

- Experienced Businessman

"You are an ass how am I supposed to make a decision when I don't know who the person could be?"

[That's part of the fun, Major Grant, and I thought you could handle a challenge]

"Fine, for my first hero I choose an Experienced General"

[Congratulations you have unlocked General Douglas MacArthur]

(IMPERIAL CALENDAR YEAR: 1st of May 1775):

Looking out the window Grant could see many of the soldier gathering along the path that led to the main gate. As his tent General MacArthur and Claire had come up alongside him.

"Sir, the men are battle-ready and prepared to engage the enemy." Macarthur said as Grant got onto his horse

"Good work, General, but we still have about a year before Congress and the Brits make their moves until then have the men practice with rubber bullets. Tell them that the platoon that get the highest kills will get a steak upon return" MacArthur nodded before walking away

"Be careful, Father, your daily intelligence reports have indicated that the number of British troops patrolling the line of proclamation has increased over the past month."

"You know, I'm always careful, now don't hassle the men you may be my adopted daughter now but that doesn't give you the authority boss my soldiers around." Claire rolled her eyes

"Until then I want you to oversee the manufacturing of bullets as well as the production and refining of crude oil. You'll also want to touch base with MacArthur to see what other supplies the army may need."

"Yes, Father"

"I love you, Claire, the next time you see me I'll have Washington riding alongside me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 1.4K 16
Captain Henry Donnager expected a quiet career babysitting a dusty relic in Area 51. But when a test unlocks a portal to a world of knights and magic...
6.7K 354 58
In Grimoires & Gunsmoke, fantasy collides with the modern world in an epic struggle for power and survival. An emperor born from divinity and a drago...
106 0 2
PLOT OF THE FANDOM : "Year 2049, 5 year since the war between the Dummies vs Noobs started, thing haven't move better or worst, from those dust, in a...
1.3M 38.5K 188
Entirely cut off from Earth, the United States finds itself in a scientific impossibility: the entire country, including the continental landmass and...