Sodor's New Worker (Semi-Hiat...

By EepyTheWriter

It was the day of Thomas' arrival on Sodor, but he wasn't alone. He had a friend tagging along, and they were... More

Introduction
Picking Up a Package
Backstory, and a Place to Call Home
Meeting James
James the Jerk
Galloping Sausage
The First Night
The First Day of Work
Disaster
Visiting Hours
Welcome Home
Number 15
A Turn(table) of Events
Laughter is the Best Medicine
Peep Peep!
Just a Little Teasing!
A Moment, Please
Quack Quack
Operation: Red Disasters
A Deep Lesson About Love
Closure
A Change of Perspective
A New Train on the Block
Phone
And She Says...
Not The Only One Anymore
All Falls Down
Steam Team Detectives
Time to Bust These Buffers
Trouble
Playtime
New Friends and Distrust
Hot n' Spooky
Mystery
Paranoia
Lost
Where?
What Was Lost
Is Now Found
The Lady in Waiting
Welcome Home...Again
Facility
Bed Bath & Boredom
Winter
Fun in the Wintertime
Visits for Christmas
Scotch Tape
Dreams of Dust
Sparkle Sparkle, Time for Trouble
First Time for Everything
Scottish Turmoil
Journey Beyond and Away
Experimental!
Molten Steel
Can You Take the Heat?
Some New Year
Life Sucks
Soup for the Soul
Double Trouble
Alone Together
Streamlined
Oldie but Goldie
Hush, Little Maddy
Gone Quackers
Trust Me
Where'd You Go?
Magic Beyond
One, Two, Snap
Magically Mad
Unfortunate Circumstances
Wheels on The Bus
Constructive Criticism
Road Rebels
❗Danger❗❗Danger❗
To Those You Love
A Promise Kept
Train-ing in Session
Going Swimmingly
Will You, Won't You?
Shattered Among The Stars
Surprise Announcements
Furious Relief
Mademoiselle!
Wild Goose Chase
A Test of Patience
Seize the Day
Show and Tell
Under Pressure
Travis
Triple Trouble
Storm Clouds
Munitions
Narrow Decisions
Girl's Night
Scrapyard
Kindly Unkind
Snickerdoodle
Party Time
A Day to Remember
Under Lock and Key
Heatwave
Gone Overboard
Absquatulate
Missing Pieces
Sinclaire-ity
Stargazers
Right & Just
Beautiful Lies
Parental Supervision
Devious Returns
Friendship Tested
All About Hen
Truck Talk
Crane Game
Splendidly Split
Minus Fifteen
View from Afar
Burnt Out Star
Bluebell's Curses
Poisoned Youth
Legends Do Not Die
C'est La Vie
Peace
Rewritten
The Silent Engine
Bittersweet BonBon
Quit Your Quackin'
Bonnie and The Diesel
Problem Solver
Heather on the Hill
Daffodils and Pine Trees
Violence Against Nature
LNER Conundrum
Black and Blue
Frankenengine
Under The Veil
Beyond the Red Dawn
Back to Black

Panic

176 1 0
By EepyTheWriter

"..Maddy?"

   Duck was calling out for his friend. He was far enough from the explosion that it didn't affect him much, but Maddy? She was but a few feet away from it all. All Duck saw was dust, smoke and flames billowing from the site, and it was spreading to more flammable things.

"Driver! Call the fire and rescue crew!" yelled the Great Westerner. "And maybe an ambulance! Ooooh..dear this isn't good at all.."

  He couldn't see her, not even a silhouette of her. He felt his heart racing, looking back to his fireman.

"Sir, please call James' driver."

  His fireman nodded, dialing the number of his colleague.

   At the same time Maddy was delivering her trucks, James was delivering animal feed to a local farmer in the area. He still hated it, but he knew the animals needed it, so it made it slightly less terrible. James only wished he could at least deliver trucks to the coast, where his paint would look oh so splendid, and Maddy would be there of course. They could annoy Duck together and it would be just divine.

"Why do I have to deliver this..? Can't Sir Topham Hatt find another engine..?"

"You're the only engine available," chuckled his driver, "So it had to be you."

   James grumbled. This sucked. But sooner or later, the tracks beneath him rumbled, and a noise was heard soon after.

"They must need a lot of explosives over there.." he mumbled. "They're shaking the whole island."

   As soon as he got to his destination, he rested in his spot as his cargo was being unloaded. He then heard a phone go off. It didn't sound like his, so it must be his driver or his fireman. He soon found out when he heard one of them answer.

"Hello?" said his driver. "Oh! Mitch! What are you calling for?"

  His driver went silent for what felt like forever. Did James need to be worried? It was a 50/50 shot. Mitch was Duck's fireman, so what could he want with his driver?

"..Oh..dear.." James heard him mumble. "He's..oh boy..how do I tell him that?"

  He bit his lip and talked to Mitch for a bit before hanging up, uncoupling James from his trucks, and coming forward to face his engine.

"What's going on, driver?" he asked.

  James didn't get an answer. Seemed his driver was trying to find a way to tell him whatever was going on.

"James..ah...how to put this.." he sighed. "There's been an accident on the coast."

"..O..kay..?"

"They can't find your girlfriend."

   James had never moved so fast in his life. Not even when trucks were pushing him along the line. He'd never had a panic attack either. Is this what they felt like? Having the world feel like it's closing around you and you can't breathe? That it feels like the world is crumbling beneath your wheels..? Dear Lady, it was scary.

"Duck! Duck!!" he yelled, screeching to a halt beside the Pannier. What lay in front of them was a giant pile of flames, melted track and various other rubble.

"James! You're here?!"

"Why wouldn't I be?! What happened!?" James demanded.

"I don't know! One minute I was talking to her and the next, all the explosives went off! I tried to warn her James..I really did..!" Duck choked out.

"Is she..?"

"We can't even find her, James. The fire and rescue crew, and an ambulance should be here any minute!"

"Well they need to get here faster!"

   Duck knew James wasn't mad at him. He was frantic for the safety of his girlfriend. Who wouldn't be? It was a terrifying thing to think about. Being happy at one hour, and your life crumble before you the next.

"Okay..okay okay..uhm.." he breathed. "What else happened before she arrived here, Duck?"

"Well, she was coming in pretty quickly..and she rammed into the buffers over there..and said something about her skates being overly oiled and very slick.."

"..Maddy doesn't oil her skates that much..she's not that stupid..I know her better than that.." he choked. "Dear Lady..please..please..not again.."

   Duck consoled his friend as the ambulance and fire crew arrived. It was put out rather quickly, all that they needed to do was search the rubble. There was a lot of it, so no time could be wasted.

"Hey, Paul." a fireman called. "What's so special about this girl?"

"I dunno, Rodney, somethin' about being the number 15 on his railway. Why?"

   Paul, instead of getting a verbal answer, was shown a scrap of fabric on it with her number.

"Well that girl's gotta be near the area you found that, c'mon!" Rodney commanded. The crew was now in full drive at the area the fabric was found.

"Found a leg!" called one.

"A leg?!" James screamed. No way she could've been blown to pieces, right?!

"Don't..Don't jump to conclusions, please.." muttered Duck. He didn't want to think about that outcome.

"Heave, men!"

  The ambulance and fire crew slowly pulled out an unconscious girl, clothes burned, tattered and bloody. It looked as though one of her arms were broken. Rather badly, actually. Wounds from blasted debris and flying rocks were scattered across her body, especially apparent through the burn holes in her clothing from the flying hot debris.

"See James..she's a whole person."

"But is she alive?!"

   James puffed up to the ambulance, alerting one of the members.

"Can I ride along with her? Please? Please please please? I need to be there for her."

"I..mean..I..suppose..?" they slowly spoke out.

"Great!"

   He wasted no time in becoming his human self and hopping in the ambulance. Soon after, Maddy was lifted in via a stretcher.

"Oh..my little Honey Bee.." he gasped, grabbing onto her bloody hand. "What could've happened to you..?"

   James thought about her situation during the ride to the hospital. Maddy wouldn't over-oil her wheels..there wasn't any oil on the tracks..at least not to Duck's knowledge.

"Either this is some sick..sick joke.." he growled, "Or someone is trying to get rid of you.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.2K 539 70
A/N: this goes out to @Kieron0103 and his Haven Railway story, and I thought I'd get back in the saddle of making a Thomas and Friends story again. A...
1.8K 8 13
Thomas steals a goods train from James in order to go to the mainland and see the world. All in all, things seem fine at first with him meeting engin...
100 3 4
I wake up in dark room and can't move not because I'm paralised or anything no, I was kidnapped by people I thought I could trust. My name is Amphitr...
380K 6.3K 25
Percy Jackson's finally at peace. The gods have made him, the seven, and some of his other friends gods. He thinks nothing can go wrong - right. As...