Maybe I hate you Maybe I don't

By variedsidesofmusic

Stella and Ray arch enemies. Who would have thought that underneath Ray's cocky, conceited and bully image he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 13

88 2 0
By variedsidesofmusic

Sorry for not updating! I've been busy with school and House of Hades IT CAME OUT!

So Long chapter Longer than I intended... OH well hope you like it!

Chapter 13

Scott POV

We came into school today not knowing what to do since today is our second last day of school and usually the teachers don't really do anything. We just get our yearbooks and get them signed. Also since tomorrow is the dance to get your last-minute dates. Victoria has bugged me to ask her, but lately I haven't been feeling anything with her. Don't get me wrong she's great company I just want something more.

I'm interrupted from thoughts with a pair of hands covering my eyes, now I'm at the cafeteria waiting for the others to get here. I take them off and Victoria comes into view, great. In the background I see people getting their last-minute dates, "Hey Scott, how was your morning." I shrugged, "Boring, everyone wanted to get their year books signed."

She had sighed, "ya, tomorrow's the big dance though, you excited?" There she goes hinting again, "I guess so, I go every year though so not that exciting." She sat down and said, "well I mean, you could go with someone special right?" She smiled and I grimaced a bit trying not to show it, "Ya I guess." She couldn't take it so she stood up annoyed and said, "You know what Scott? I wanted you to take me but since you're not into it, I'll just go with someone else."

I really don't want to fight with her but I think it's time, "Victoria, I don't think we're right for each other. I'm being very honest with you now, I don't think we should go to the dance together and I don't think we be together anymore I'm sorry." She stood with her feet planted, mouth open and I could see her tears threatening to spill out, "forget it Scott, just forget it." She walked away and I didn't bother following her because she needed her space. Mo walked by with Charlie and she sighed because she saw how it went down.

Soon enough everyone cleared out going to class but I had a spare so I just decided to stay seated. I feel bad for breaking another girl's heart but I don't do it for fun. A way to get out from my dad's pressure of being a doctor is just hanging out with girls, they are way more understanding and they actually listen to you. Then they develop feelings for me and I go along with it. I've never really wanted a girl, except for one but I'm scared of her father and taking a risk so I let her go.

I was so focused on thinking that I didn't realize that Shania was sitting right beside me.

She said, "thinking?" I nodded and she continued, "the dance's tonight, you going?" I wasn't sure if she was asking me out but since she asked so carelessly I answered with, "Ya, do you have a date?" I guess she got it now since she said, "Oh, I wasn't asking because I wasn't planning on going. Especially since I'm not going with anyone." I smiled, "No, I wasn't, I just dumped my girlfriend." She said oh in a sort of sorry tone, "Well the guy I wanted to ask me is sort of a douche and has girlfriend, so it's complicated."

I suddenly had an idea, "hey you wanna go with me, just as friends. I'll treat it like a real date if you want." She thought for a while and grinned, "sounds great, I'll see ya tonight." She waved bye and I yelled that I would pick her up at 7:30.

Time Skip

Mo POV

At the end of the day, everyone's was heading out to get ready for the dance. I would've skipped to get ready but I wanted to thank all my teachers. After that I see Olivia and Stella waiting by the door, "c'mon Mo we still have to buy our dresses." Stella groaned, "especially since your forcing me to go." I laughed at her and said in a baby voice, "is it cause Stella Wella doesn't have a date?"

She almost slapped me but I got was too quick. Stella pointed at me and said, "let's just get this over with, okay? And don't call EVER call me that again" Olivia and I started to discuss what we should get on our way out, "Mo, I honestly have no idea what I'll wear. I don't even have a date." I frowned, "Wen will ask you out, Charlie asked me like yesterday." She shrugged, "I don't think so."

Wen sneakily gave her a hug from behind, she squealed and I laughed. He asked if he could take to her for a moment so I took Stella over to her mom's car. I sat in the front with Stella trying to hear bits of the conversation, would... dance, me?... OH MY GOSH HE ASKED HER TO THE DANCE! And I'm right 'cause she threw her arms around him gave him a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

When she sat in the back she was grinning, "so... guess who asked me to the dance!" I squealed with her and we started jumping up and down in our seats. Stella told us to stop because she didn't want to get distracted while driving the car. We looked at her with a weird expression as she drove silently. We let it slide until Stella almost hit someone.

She got out of the car, "I'm so sorry, are you okay?" She got up and I vaguely recognized her, "I'm okay." Stella helped her up and asked, "hey you're going to the dance, right?" She nodded and Stella did the unexpected, "you wanna come shopping with us?"

My jaw dropped is she on her crack or something, she's acting really weird. She nodded and got into the back with Olivia. Then we continued our journey to the mall. "Your name is Shania, right?" She nodded.

When we got there we searched for our dresses first, I signaled for Olivia to distract Shania so I could talk to Stella. She was looking at a dress in disgust "hey Stella, what's up?" She responded "I'm never going to find a dress." I rolled my eyes, "I mean why'd you invite Shania?" Stella looked at me and said, "so she won't tell anyone I almost hit her. I don't need my mom yelling at me."

I said ohhh and then left to find a dress. Looking through the racks I couldn't find anything that popped out. Stella said that they were too girly and frilly so she wanted to try another store and Olivia couldn't find anything that suited her. We were about to head to a another shop when Shania's phone rang. We could hear her on the other end loud and clear. Shania hung up, groaned and told us she had to leave. She told us she would see us at the dance later tonight then quickly left.

We shrugged and looked at a couple of another stores. Olivia had tried on a one shoulder blue chiffon dress but it didn't really fit her. She also tried on this dress where the top embellished with shiny stones. Finally she tried on this purple lace pattern dress that I thought was the best. She looked at the mirror and we ended up buying it.

As we're looking for mine I wanted to find a really nice dress for my the last dance of the year. I went through 5 shops trying on multiple dresses before Stella complained about her feet hurting. Olivia and I rolled our eyes and took a break at coffee shop. We all decided to get hot chocolate and so we sat down and slowly drank it. "Mo how long are you going to take? I mean we only have one more hour, we need to start getting ready." Olivia said with a tired voice, Stella nodded along with her. I looked at Stella, "hey! haven't chosen your dress either!" Olivia laughed and Stella gave me a glare and said, "hey is it my fault these dresses are just way too girly!"

We both laughed, "Okay, once I find mine we'll help you find one that isn't 'girly'." I put air quotes around girly and told Stella to start searching. I walked looking around casually until Olivia tapped me on the shoulder and told me to come inside this store. I looked around scanning the racks until I saw one behind some other dresses that must have fallen.

Another dress caught on it and as I looked at both I thought, I have to get one of these. I rushed into the change room and came out twice, trying both on. Olivia told me to get the dress that first caught my eye. One had a rhinestone sweetheart neckline with rhinestone along the stomach. I thought it was beautiful but way too typical. I, Mo makes fashion statements.

So I tried the other one which had a black belt around the waist and two different straps on my shoulders. I looked at myself, it's different I like it. (Outfits on profile)Stella thought it looked good when I asked. I knew she just wanted to get out of here though.

I bought it and then Olivia we started to search for a dress for Ms. Picky Stella Yamada. We tried to suggest many amounts of dresses but Stella turned them down claiming they were too frilly or whatever. I eventually gave up and 10 minutes later Olivia showed me a blue dress that I thought would be okay. She offered it to Stella who said she'd try it on.

Olivia came and sat beside me and we could see Stella's facial expressions as she pulled out yet another dress through the glass. I closed my eyes and for a moment I felt relaxed thinking about how Charlie and me on the dance floor together. Olivia pulled back as she pulled me into the store. I looked at Stella in the one that Olivia picked.

It was nice but we could find something better. She then tried on what she had chosen. I'm astonished at the nice white starry pattern of the dress. It had a little knot in the middle of the sweetheart neckline and had two straps. I thought it was simply, beautiful and I told her she was going to buy that dress or else I'd be complaining all day long.

She said she liked it and I jumped up and down in excitement before she paid. I lead her over to a shoe store and she sat down as I found these pumps with studs after. "Is this a joke? I'm going to fall in those Mohini." I rolled my eyes, "You'll learn to walk in them, unless you see anything else you like we're getting you these." She snatched them out of my hands and paid. We headed straight home after.

At Home

Still Mo POV

After we all showered at Stella's place we started on our hair. Olivia was doing a fishtail braid for me, she was curling her hair and letting it fall loose. Lastly I told Stella to sit still because we were going to straighten her hair. She was about to protest but I saw Olivia give her a look of urgency so I started to put some hair spray and straighten her hair. While I was straightening Olivia started putting make up on her. By the time we finished our own makeup, put our own shoe and got our own dresses we looked fabulous. I don't know why Stella wasn't trying to stop us but I had a feeling she had a plan for revenge.

"Hey Mo, what time are the guys getting here?" We all decided to carpool together in one car except for Scott who didn't tell us how we was getting there. Mo looked at her phone and said, "they are supposed to be here 10 minutes ago but Charlie text me saying that Wen and him were going to be late because of photos?"

Olivia smiled and Stella took out her phone saying, "speaking of photos, come here guys." We surrounded her and after we took a selfie she said, "I feel like a plastic doll." I took her phone and we took a selfie of us sticking out our tongs. Stella snatched her phone back before the doorbell rang and she ran downstairs barefoot. (she didn't want to wear heels until necessary)

She opened the door as we came down and Wen came in with a huge grin. Charlie came in with his handsome red tie, white shirt and black pants. Wen gave a hug to Olivia and Stella went to start-up her mom's car.

She came back and yelled for her mom to hear, "C'mon guys let's go. Bye mom! Love you." And so we followed her outside into the car.

The Dance

Olivia POV

We walked into the dance with Wen escorting me, Charlie escorting Mo and Stella just to the side. Tyler Shaw's Kiss Goodnight was blasting so Mo dragged me to the dance floor but I quickly dragged Stella with me too. A couple of minutes Scott came in with Shania on his arm, she looked great but I'm pretty sure he's dating Victoria. Mo caught me staring and said, "he broke up with Victoria.'

I gawked as Victoria came in right afterwards, saw her ex and quickly looked away. Victoria also looks stunning in her light pink strapless dress and her white high heels. Shania had her dark blue dress with rhinestone around her waist and then awesome black stilettos.

Stella turned me around and we were jumping again to at least 5 songs until I got thirsty. I went to the punch table but Wen got already me a drink. After awhile we just started to talk naturally. He told me I looked pretty and I said the same for him.

Eventually I pulled him to the dance floor and we started to dance together. I must admit Wen isn't a very good dancer but it's really funny to see him try. He was doing the chicken and then gangdam style but I told him to stop because I was about to die from laughter.

The music suddenly slowed down and stopped. Taylor Swift came out behind the curtains with a guitar and her band and said, "Hey guys I'm gonna slow it down here." Wen offered his hand to me so I took it shyly and we started to slow dance together.

I'd never gone with the wind

Just let it flow

A few seconds into the song I nervously asked, "Wen, are we like, a couple, do you um actually like me?" He looked at me confused, "Why would you ask that? Of course I do." I looked down, "I just thought, you know, it was a cover for Mo, I wasn't sure."

Wen said, "look into my eyes Olivia." I stared straight into them and he continued, "honestly, Olivia, you're beautiful and I couldn't be anymore content being with you and your perks." I smiled, he tilted my chin up with two fingers, I tippy toed and he bent over a bit. Taylor Swift's finished singing Crazier with her few guitar chords and I grinned as we pulled apart.

Stella POV

I was sitting down at our table when Taylor Swift and her band came through the curtain of the stage. I clapped and smiled, I invited her (I'm actually a tiny Taylor Swift fan, it's my little secret.) She was on her acoustic guitar with the rest of the band and one violinist. Everyone grabbed a partner and headed to the floor. I watched as Olivia and Wen danced together, so cute.

Eventually I scanned the room for Charlie and Mo, they are supposed to be dancing. I didn't waste time teaching him how to dance for nothing. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and I see Charlie offering his hand to dance. I searched for Mo but she wasn't anywhere. I got up and as soon as we started to dance I questioned him, "Where's Mo? And why aren't you dancing with her?"

Charlie chuckled, "she went to the bathroom calm down." I breathed out and behind him I saw Jules slow dancing with Ray. My heart stopped beating for a second and I looked down. Charlie noticed and said, "Stella what's wrong?" I looked back up at him, "nothing I'm fine." He looked over his shoulder and saw them together, "it's the two jerks together." I show a little flinching but he doesn't catch it, "you don't get it Charlie."

I pull away and sit down again. He looks at me, "oh but I think I do. Wait I don't, never mind." I sigh and smile at him being clueless, "Charlie, you have to promise not to tell anyone." He nods slowly, "I,... like Ray." He stares at me and we can only hear the music. "You what?" I look away wistfully, "you heard me, you're the first person I've told so please keep it a secret." He nods in confusion, "I'm sure this is a shock to you but there's a reason that I can't explain yet."

He sat down and looked at me seriously, "wow Stella Yamada and her arch-enemy Ray Beech, who would've guessed?" I punched his arm playfully, "Ow, okay!

He looked at me and I nodded for him to continue, "Stella I can help you if you help with me with Mo." I rolled my eyes, "didn't I already do that? You would've stepped on my feet just now without my help." He stuck out his tongue at me, "real mature Charlie."

He smiled and continued, "anyways, if you get Mo jealous, I'll do the same for you." I stared at him weirdly and he shrugged, "nice job Charlie, who knew you could be so devious." I smiled and he laughed. When the song ended I caught Wen and Olivia's cute kiss.

Katy Perry's Roar came blaring on and Mo dragged Charlie and I on to the dance floor. An hour later the Dee Jay stopped the music and spoke into the mike, "hey everyone, you guys having fun right?"

We all said ya and some girls screamed. Then he said, "well I'd like to ask one special band to come up and sing." I looked at Mo and Olivia came over. They both shrugged their shoulders. "Come up the girls of Lemonade mouth!" We wanted to protest but the girls were already pushing us.

We stood on stage and I told Olivia and Mo to huddle. Neither of them had an idea so I grinned when I did, I whispered to them but they said we need two more girls. I thought for a moment and took a mike, "Shania and Victoria! Get up here!" They looked confused so Shania tried to escape but Victoria just shrugged. The crowd pushed them toward the stage anyways.

We whispered to them what we were going to do and they nodded in understanding. We all grabbed a mike stand and stood in front of it. The order was from left to right Victoria, Shania, Me, Olivia and Mo. I nodded to the Dee Jay who played the track. The spotlight shown on us and right before Shania started to sing I said, "this is for all the girls who have been heart-broken."

I'm breakin' down

Gonna start from scratch

Shake it off like an etch-sketch

She waved goodbye and wiped her eyes with her finger

My lips are saying goodbye

My eyes are finally dry

Then Mo sang full on powerful

I'm not the way that I used to be

I took the record off repeat

It killed me but I survived

And now I'm coming alive

Shania came back full force singing this part twice

I'll never be that girl again

No oh oh oh

Then it Olivia took control and sang

My innocence is wearin' thin

but my heart is growing strong

Then we all sang together

So call me, call me, call me

Miss Movin' on

Oh oh oh x2

Mo sang next

I broke the glass surrounding me (surrounding me) I echoed for her

I ain't the way you remember me (remember me)

I was such a good girl

So fragile but no more

Then it was me and I was smiling as I looked to the side

I jumped the fence to the other side (the other side) Victoria echoed for me

My whole world was electrified (electrified)

Now I'm no longer afraid It's independence day (Independence day)

We let Victoria the chorus by herself

I'll never be that girl again

No oh oh oh x2

Then Olivia sang again

My innocence is wearing thin'

but my heart is growing strong

So call me, call me, call me

Then we all jumped and put our hands up

Miss movin' on

Shania sang the first line by herself and then Mo sang the next line while the rest of us echoed. Lastly Olivia sang the last is gonna be enough.

Everything is changing and I never wanna go back to the way it was (to the way it was)

I'm finding who I am and who I am from here and now is gonna be enough (is gonna be enough)

Is gonna be enough

Then Victoria sang lightly and sweetly

I'll never be that girl again

No oh oh oh

Then Shania took control of her mike and sang the next two lines.

I'll never be that girl again

No oh oh oh

We all sang together, clapping, stomping and using our mike stands to stomp.

My innocence is wearin' thin

But my heart is growing strong

so call me, call me, call me

Miss movin on x4

Mo was singing on and on and on in the background and then Olivia sang it an octave higher which was beautiful while I held a note.

Then I finished off right after Shania sang yeah

Yeah, I'm movin' on

The girls went screaming their heads off and some wolf whistles from the guys. The guys who dumped or cheated on their girlfriends stayed in the corner uncomfortable. When we got off the girls were patting us on the back and telling us we were awesome. I had an idea so I ran on grabbed the mike to say, "And now the boys of Lemonade Mouth will sing!"

Charlie POV

When Stella came down she whispered in my ear, "we'll buy you ice cream, if you get the crowd more pumped up than us." I grinned at her, "Oh you're so on!" Me, Scott, Wen got on stage and got in a huddle as we discussed song choice. "but we need two more guys to sing that song." We decided to choose another X factor group that's famous.

We wanted that ice cream. Scott took the mike and said, "Ray and Oliver get up here." They didn't protest, luckily and we told them our plan. Oliver cringed at our song choice and Ray rolled his eyes but when we told him our deal with the girls they went along with it.

Wen pointed to the Dee Jay and the song blasted on. It became even louder as the girls screamed because they recognized the beginning of the song. So I started to sing:

I've tried playing it cool,

But when I'm looking at you

I looked straight at Mo and pointed towards my heart, she rolled her eyes playfully

I can't ever be brave

'Cos you make my heart race

Then Scott took over, shocked? He sings quite well.

Shot me out of the sky

You're my kryptonite

You keep making me weak

Yeah frozen and can't breath

Me and Scott were front stage. So Wen then came forward singing.

Something's gotta give now

'Cos I'm dying just to make you see

That I need you here with me now

'Cos you've got that one thing

Oliver and Ray jumped forward together and we all sang the chorus together.

So get out get out get out of my head

And fall into my arms instead

I don't, I don't, don't know what it is

But I need that one thing

We were all just moving around and holding up one finger.

And you've got that one thing

Ray continued to sing the next part.

Now I'm climbing the walls

But you don't notice at all

That I'm going out of my mind

All day

And all night

Oliver sang the next part and he knelt on the stage which made the girls scream more.

Something's gotta give now

'Cos I'm dying just to know your name

And I need you here with me now

'Cos you've got that one thing

We all jumped up and were just running around singing, Scott was touching some girls hands etc.

So get out get out get out of my head

And fall into my arms instead

I don't, I don't don't know what it is

But I need need that one thing

So get out get out get out of my mind

And come on come into my life

I don't, I don't, don't know what it is

But I need that one thing

And you've got that one thing

I sang that single line by myself.

You've got that one thing

We all started to do a random dance, which made us laugh. Then Scott sang the two lines by himself.

Get out get out get out of my head

And fall into my arms instead

Ray did a flip and we all sang as the music came on full blast again.

So get out get out get out of my head

And fall into my arms instead

I don't, I don't don't know what it is

But I need that one thing

We sang the last chorus and we all danced a bit.

So get out get out get out of my mind

And come on come into my life

I don't, I don't, don't know what it is

But I need that one thing

And you've got that one thing

We all ended with one finger-pointing up and a huge grin was on my face when we finished.

Still Stella POV

The girls were screaming like crazy, damn it they chose One Direction. Of course the girls would fan girl over that. Charlie smirked at me and we all sat at our table. "We so won!" he said, I rolled my eyes and he smirked.

The Dee jay announced the last song of the night and said to grab your special partner for the last slow dance. I sighed, alone again. I forced Charlie to dance with Mo but he escaped saying he needed to go to the bathroom. Olivia and Wen got up but were in a corner holding hands, snuggling and just enjoying the music. I scanned the dance floor for Ray but didn't find him.

Mo sat down beside me, "Stella? Why does Charlie keep avoiding alone time with me?" I looked at her, she looked really sad, "Mo? Can I ask you a question before I answer." She nodded, "do you like Charlie? Or are you just using him as a rebound after Scott."

Mo looked at me seriously, "Stella I've grown to like Charlie but at the beginning he was just a good friend to talk to about Scott. I'm still unsure but confident about my feelings. I want Charlie with me."

I smiled, "Mo don't worry, if you haven't gotten it yet he's head over heels for you and if you're not sure what you're feeling about him, he's patient." Mo and I hugged and I smiled. It's great that Mo and I are able to talk when we're not yelling or teasing each other. Charlie came back and this time I took his hand and placed it into Mo's hand. Then pushed them to the dance floor, Charlie put out her hand and she giggled as they started to slow dance together.

I felt proud, I taught him everything he knows. For the First Time from the film Spectacular was playing and I sang along. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jules begging Ray to slow dance with her. I quickly closed my eyes because of the tears threatening to spill out. I forced myself to look at Mo and Charlie and be happy for them. Even though I'm alone I'll be happy for others.

For awhile I sat there resting my head on the table and just zoned out. Someone taps me on the shoulder and I turn around.

Mo offered for me to dance with Charlie but I refuse, "it's only halfway through the song. Go dance!" She smiles and says, "I've had my dance go ahead." I shook my head but Charlie pulled me up with his strong started to jog more to "impress" Mo. So I end up dancing with him but I'm not really paying attention.

I'm searching for Ray again until I see MO dancing with Ray. I don't even know why, she hates him! Their dancing pretty close to us until Ray unexpectedly taps Charlie on the shoulder, "could I dance with her?"

Charlie grins cheekily towards me and I give him a confused look. Mo takes Charlie's hand and I look at them trying to avoid Ray's eyes. Eventually I look at Ray and he's nervous as he says, "Stella, I'm really sorry for insulting you before." I nod and he continues, " I know we both get frustrated sometimes, we yell, we fight but I'd like to get along with you. I want to be your best friend or maybe more..?"

The song was now over. I stared straight into his eyes trying to catch any regret or trying to take back what he said. Silence, "Ray, I'm going to tell you the truth, I'm not sure if you're saying you like me as a friend but this is how I feel.

I took a deep breath exhaling the words, "I do like you Ray...It's just sometimes I feel that you don't. Have you ever noticed that you always seem to insult me and we always end up at each other throats. I'm not saying that I don't insult you but I'm sick of it. If you really want US to work out, we both have to put an effort to not fight." I know this is bullshit we'll always fight but can't we at least try to fight less?"

He nodded and I felt insecure. For a while we could only hear the music. He finally looks me in the eyes and says, "I really do like you Stella..." He was about to continue but Jules consumed in jealousy came behind him and pulled him into a kiss. He looked shocked but he let it happen. I stood there for a second and quickly got my stuff rushing out. I was trying to walk away as discreetly as possible hoping no one noticed. The pain settled into my heart so I ended running out of the gym.

Hey guys! A little cliff hanger there! What will happen? I actually didn't plan on a cliffhanger but this chapter was so long I shortened it a bit. I hope you liked it anyways REVIEW if you don't like something and you'd like me to improve tell me!

I'm not girly so no hugs and kisses just enjoy and keep reading.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own the wonderful Lemonade Mouth Character but Oliver and Shania are mine. I'm gonna key them as in as pretty major characters. Anyways I don't own Miss Movin' On by Fifth Harmony but they are wonderful. I also don't own One thing by One Direction. Just you guys know I'm a directioner I don't obsess but I do like them. So no yelling at me for using One Direction songs when I do. I'm not a belieber sorry belieber fans! I do like Taylor Swift too!

K enough of me talking! Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 2.6K 23
When Millie comes back for senior year she is put in a history class with people she doesn't exactly like... What will happen when her enemy finds ou...
9.7K 353 36
What happens when the nice guy in school meets the meanest girl in school? "Outta of my way baka!" Yelled Mangle. "Hey no need to be mean" Said a guy...
1.4K 88 8
Stella is an out going fun loving woman, she meets Bucky in a bar and hits it off with him. They spend the night together and the next dat they both...