Maybe I hate you Maybe I don't

By variedsidesofmusic

Stella and Ray arch enemies. Who would have thought that underneath Ray's cocky, conceited and bully image he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 8

109 3 0
By variedsidesofmusic

Sorry haven't updated just a little busy with stuff.

Okay so long chapter today HOPE YOU ENJOY :)

Chapter 8

Scott POV

My dad and I came home early on Saturday since his meeting got cancelled. My dad is a doctor like Stella's parents who are trying to figure out a cure for cancer. I plopped on the couch and decided to text Charlie since I felt bad about his brother. My dad asked me whether I wanted pizza or Chinese takeout for dinner. My mom had died when I was very little and I don't really remember her. Since my dad is always working we usually eat out, I told him whatever is good and texted Charlie, "Hey Charlie are you okay?" It took him a while to reply but when he finally did he wrote back, "Ya fine, I'll see you at school." Guess he's not really in the mood to talk.

I walked in the kitchen to see my dad taking out the frozen pizza from the fridge and put it in the oven while I got a cup of juice. I sat in the chair and eventually zoned out, when the oven dinged I got the pizza out and put it on the counter. I took 2 plates and 1 cup out for my us so my father sat down and started to discuss, "So Scott, how are your grades going?" He wants me to be a doctor just like him but I just don't see that in my future.

I put my slice down since it's hot, "there fine, I guess" I'm getting really good at English with Victoria's help but I'm not planning on telling him that my grades weren't so good especially my science one. Although I'm sure my 80+ exams will make my average higher, I really studied hard for those exams. "Scott I want you to follow in my footsteps, who knows, maybe you'll become famous and succeed in curing something just like me. So just try okay?" I nodded and then my dad's phone rang he picked it up quickly and mouthed to me that this was important, he'd be having dinner in his office. I sat there alone and decided to go to bed since it was already 11 by the time we got back.

Next Day

Still Scott POV

I hear an annoying sound and a blue thing flashing on my laptop screen so I wake up. Since I put my laptop beside my bed I take it sit up and answer the Skype group call that Mo set up. Olivia looked dressed up as I assumed she's an early riser, Wen's eating breakfast with his family and Mo was in her room awake and ready for the day as well.

Charlie didn't answer the call and Stella didn't either so I was the only one still in my pajamas, "What are you guys early risers or something?" Wen chuckled and said, "No we all got an email from Mo saying that we need to have a last minute rehearsal on Sunday for our music assignments. Also its 9" Olivia smiled and Mo just continued, "He musn't have read it. Are you back from your dad's business trip?"

I ruffled my hair and said, "Ya we came back early yesterday." Olivia kept talking, "Ms. Reznik also just sent us an email about a dance rehearsals after our music assignment practice?" I replied, "Okay slow down so what time is our music practice?" Mo said, "It's at 10 for two hours to practice our songs to perfect it and stuff. You know the new groups right?" I checked my email and nodded knowing that I'm in Olivia's group now.

"I also got the music for your new song Olivia, I'm using my acoustic right?" She nodded and I sighed, "Guys its 9 already how are we getting to the auditorium?" Mo was texting someone rapidly and angrily I could see. "I'm trying to get Stella to pick up her phone so she can pick us up, since she's allowed to use her mom's car."

Finally Stella picked up and I could hear her groggy hello, "Stella?! No wake up missy it's 9 in the morning and we have music practice today. Yeah it is, now get your lazy ass up and pick us up so we can go to the auditorium. K, I'll tell the others." She hung up and told us that Stella will be at our houses in like half an hour, Olivia said k, Wen said that's fine and then Mo told me to get ready. Olivia told us she needed to feed her cat and hung up Wen said Georgie was bothering him so he left, it was me and Mo left.

"Um hey Mo?" "Ya Scott?" I looked at her and said, "I'll see you there alright?" She waved bye and hung up leaving me all alone, "I guess it's time to get ready." She wrote us one last message though before signing off, "Hey guys, Ms. Reznik says to bring clothes to sweat in cause dancing ain't easy. Lolz see ya later."

I got up brushed my teeth, changed and last but not least did my hair and a couple minutes later the bell rung. I got downstairs opened the door to see Olivia smiling, "C'mon Scott, We're are all in the car already. You especially don't want to make Mo impatient." I said, "Ya just let me just get my acoustic guitar and bag." I ran to get my guitar, bag of clothes and right before I left at the door I yelled I'm going to music practice for my dad.

I ran down the front lawn and got in the front seat since the back was full. "Hey guys" I said as Stella started to accelerate and we were cruising down the road. She's actually a really responsible driver surprisingly, the gang said hey and Stella told me to turn on the radio. It was really loud and blaring some random pop song that I didn't know. We got there in a few minutes with Stella driving at a reasonable speed and we also don't live that far.

As we came into the auditorium with our instruments majority of our music class was already there. We gave them one of our spare keys to go into the auditorium. Mo took charge as usual and told all of us to get into our new groups. We all got into our groups and went to different areas of the auditorium to take out our instruments.

Olivia told me to play my part because she wanted to see if I got it right, although we're pretty musically talented since we learned our parts last minute. I started to strum and she told me that I should play the chords in this rhythm instead. Finally when she said I sounded good she went to Jenna who's playing the drum part since Kyle broke his arm and he's just playing the tambourine. I admit Jenna was doing okay for a last minute rehearsal but I feel that Ms. Reznik cares more about how we perform. Not about all the technical stuff, also if we mess up to not freak out, handle it normally and continue.

I feel that Olivia didn't need me so I went to see how the other groups are doing. I see Wen trying to teach the piano chords to her and as I walk by I give her a thumbs up. Christopher is trying to get the drum rhythm and Julia is practicing her simple guitar part quietly. I figure that Wen is singing, I'm surprised he usually doesn't sing the entire song.

I go over to Stella seeing her yelling teaching Ray to the chords again and then checking on how Arthur is doing on the drum part. In front of the stage I see Mo stressed, pacing and trying to call someone who isn't picking up. Shania is talking to Oliver and discussing how they are doing while practicing together. I don't see why she's stressed, her groups sounds the best even though all of her group mates were changed except for Oliver, even I was changed.

I tap her on the shoulder lightly and she jumps dropping her phone. "Oh my gosh Scott don't scare me like that!" I raise my hands in surrender, "Sorry, just wanted to see how you're doing." She sighs and sits on the stage, "Charlie isn't answering his phone and we need to practice. I guess he's really sad about his brother." I put my hand on her face to look at me, "Listen Mo you gave him his part right?"

She nodded and I continued, "It's Charlie, he plays his drums 24/7. He'll learn it don't worry." I open my arms for a hug and she's hesitant but she still does and says, "Thanks Scott, you're a great friend." Olivia calls me back and we break up our hug, I gave her a salute which she smiled at.

At the end of the two hours I thought we all sounded pretty good, I bet Ms. Reznik will be really impressed with how well we prepared in two days. As a matter of fact I think these guys have the potential to be rock stars especially some really talented people, some weren't that great but it's the effort that counts. Victoria gave me a hug before she left and told me to call her later.

Everyone started to file out going to eat lunch while we just hung back trying to figure out what to eat for lunch. I'm relaxing in a seat of the auditorium while Mo is still pacing trying to call Charlie, Stella went to get a lemonade and Wen is sitting beside Olivia on the stage.

"Ugh why isn't he answering?! I know he's depressed but he could at least reply to my texts." She put her phone down on the stage and just groaned. "I give up, if he doesn't come who cares!" Olivia went to talk to her to calm her down and Wen said, "What should we eat for lunch?" Mo looked at him, "You're thinking about lunch? Now?" he looked at her, "I'm hungry it's like 12:00" Olivia glared at him and I said, "Let's just order Dante's take out. I'll go call, large cheese pizza right?" They all nodded. I took out my phone and started to dial the phone number. Half a hour later the pizza is here and we all split the amount of money and pay.

We start talking about the most random things like what music they would play at the dance, the girls (Mo and Olivia) started talking about what they wanted to wear. We just kept stuffing our face with pizza and lemonade and Stella kept zoning out for some reason. Mo started accusing Stella of liking a boy but Stella just zipped her mouth not saying anything.

Wen POV

The door banged open and Charlie slowly walked in, he looked like a complete mess he was wearing all black his shoe laces were untied and his hair was oily hanging over his face. He sat down beside Scott and just stayed silent while everyone just stared at him.

Mo decided to break the silence and sat right beside him, "Hey Charlie, are you okay?" She was talking in a very tender voice and he just nodded. "Do you want to practice today? Or do you want to just go home? That's fine." He whispered to that he wanted to stay here and Mo rubbed his back to comfort him.

Olivia got up from beside me and told Mo that they should change into their clothes so when Ms. Reznik and the instructor gets here they won't be angry. Mo nodded and told Charlie not to work hard and just relax for a couple of days. The girls went to change so Scott and I just quickly followed them saying we're going to change too.

A couple minutes later we were all changed sitting silently, it's awkwardly silent considering we didn't expect Charlie to come to practice, we thought he would stay at home for awhile moping alone. The auditorium's back door banged open and Ms. Reznik came in, "Hey you guys, are you ready to dance your little butts off ?" We all sighed and got up and decided to follow Mo who was already stretching. I noticed though, "Hey guys, where's Stella?" Mo stifled a chuckle while Olivia just smiled, "Oh she won't be out for awhile."

A large scream came from the change rooms, "MOHINI BANJAREE what did you do with my clothes?! I'm not wearing this!" Mo sighed and yelled back, "get changed the instructor is getting here soon." Stella growled and came out a few minutes later, I can now see why she was angry out of all the colour she was wearing PINK, "At least give me my shorts back." Mo sighed and rolled her eyes while tossing her shorts which Stella happily caught.

She ran quickly into the change room and came back out still unhappy, "what was wrong with my outfit before?" Mo patted her shoulder which Stella try to bite off like a chew toy but Mo was too quick, "I just saw this really cute pink shirt that I thought would look really good on you, besides what if the instructor is cute." Stella blushed and started to stretch, even though Mo was done she stretched alongside with her whispering in her ear which just made Stella move away from her.

I decided to see how Charlie was doing but before I got over to him the door banged open and ours jaws dropped. Ray walked straight into the auditorium and once he saw us he was ready to run for it but Ms. Reznik came and brought him by the collar, "Oh no you aren't going anywhere. Where is the instructor I asked for?" He just smiled and told her, "He couldn't come today so he sent me as a replacement, but he forgot to mention who I'm teaching!" In an exasperated sort of shy voice he said.

Mo and Olivia were glaring at him, my face is just as shocked as Stella is and Scott just didn't really care. Ms. Reznik sighed telling us, "Okay so today your dance instructor is Ray, you guys stretched right?" We all nodded and got on to the stage with Ray following us, "Alright you guys stretched properly so I'm going to teach the dance number he put together but I have to wait for my dance partner." Mo smirked, "Why? He doesn't trust you?" He smiled at her weird, "No because he wants to make sure you guys learn correctly."

Again the back door banged open and this Asian short sort of punk girl I recognized came in, "sorry I'm late, just came back from lunch, oh hey we're teaching lemonade mouth, Cool." Ray rolled her eyes and grabbed her arm to bring her up to the stage, "guys this is Shania, she's in our music class" Ohhh that's how I know her, she waved to us and then started to discussing with Ray in a whisper tone. Shania told us "Okay so he told you we're going to teach you the dance together, so let's get started." She told us to get into 2 lines 3 in the front and 3 in the back and just follow along, they were gonna take it slow.

Stella POV

They showed us the entire dance and told us to follow along if we could, I usually analyze a dance before I dance it so I can get the steps right. The rest of the band looked like they had no idea how to dance, they stood there with confused or shocked faces. Ray said, "Alright so we've shown you the choreography now it's time to teach you. Step 1 is like this."

He told us to take our right foot and hop it forward but at the same time your left foot would hop, then the same with your then told us to bring our arms up like we were lifting a weight then open them and close them. He basically demonstrated everything with Shania in the most simple way ever, I got so bored I even decided to do my math homework but then got yelled at for not paying attention.

By the time we learnt the dance I was bored to death, seriously it was so easy I could've learned it in my sleep but the others didn't think so except for Mo. Apparently she used to learn Indian dancing and this was barely exercise for her, but as for Wen, Olivia,Scott and Charlie they looked exhausted. The soccer season ended a couple months ago for Scott and let's just say the others aren't in the best shape Ray and Shania told us to get into two separate groups to analyze how well we are doing, they said this was an "evaluation."

First up it was Mo, Olivia and Scott I have to say they were doing pretty good, Mo was obviously awesome but Olivia was following closely behind. Scott well I admit he did good for a guy. Next was Charlie, Wen and I, as soon as the music started I just started to snap my hand and count in my head to the beat. We started to dance and I just got lost in the beat, adding my own little style to the choreography since it was so simple.

At the end of the dance everyone was starring at me like I was an alien, "what did I do something wrong?" Everyone started to clap even Ray and Shania did, she walked up to me patted me on the back saying, "Good job, you should come to our dance class. Right Ray?" He smiled and said, "If your up to it, come to this location Wednesday and Friday after school." He wrote the address down on my hand while I looked to the band, I was blushing a bit but I don't think they noticed, they gave me a thumbs up, "I'll think about it."

Ms. Reznik clomped up to the stage, "Wow Stella you were amazing, you can choreograph our dances so I don't have to hire an instructor, you're definitely going to those clases. Guys good job, all of you!" She pointed to Ray and Shania, "I want you two to teach one more dance." Ray and Shania looked at each other confused, "Which one?"

Ms. Reznik sighed, "Teach them how to slow dance, I can't have them embarrassing themselves at the dance on Friday." They both said ahhh and whispered in confirmation again, this time I walked up to them and said, "Just teach us a waltz simple steps right?" Ray looked at me and smiled while Shania just shrugged. He put his arm around me which made my heart race a bit faster, just cause I liked him doesn't mean I'll admit it. He told us, "Alright since this was Stella's idea how about she teaches you guys."

I looked at him and smiled, then looked back at everyone, "Alright everyone grab a partner and let's get started." Ray whispered in my ear, "And who's your partner?" I told him, "I guess you are, but what about Shania?" He laughed a little, "No worries she's a little occupied." I looked over to see her asking Scott to be her partner. "Okay guys, Ray and I are gonna show you. The rhythm is 1 2 3, 1 2 3. Got it?"

Pretty much everyone nodded no, Shania was trying to teach Scott but he was confused. "First of all girls put your arms up, put your left hand on his shoulder and bend it slightly. For your right arm extend it out to your right also bend it a bit and keep your feet together. That's your starting position.

For the guys Ray why don't you show them." He nodded, "Alright, keep your feet together put your right hand below her armpit area on the back and you right arm extend and hold her hand. Got it? No Charlie here let me help. Go check on the others Stella." I checked around with Olivia and Mo they were doing fine.

Ray finished with Charlie who looked a little happier with his arms around Mo. We both slowly showed them the steps separately, it took awhile but they got it, but when we put them together it fell apart. "Alright Mo, you don't lead Charlie does, you too Olivia, Scott lead Shania she knows what she's doing but you've gotta do your part. Alright we'll show you one more time and then we'll help you."

I got in position and Ray lead me across the steps, we're doing great but I don't know if they'll get it. We separated and they tried again, Ray went to help Scott while I tried to help Wen. I'll admit Wen is better than Charlie, but after 2 hours of hard work they finally got it, Charlie's barely getting the steps but it's late so we continued.

"Okay guys final test I'm going to turn on the music count the beat and I'll tell you when to start. Alright 1, 2 ,3 start." I watched them for a bit, satisfied Ray took my hand and lead me onto the floor, "they're doing fine, c'mon let's dance." We started to dance along and I just let him lead me, "When did you start dancing?" he asked, "Um grade 8 is when I joined dance class and cheer leading but dropped them in grade 10 since we moved again. How about you?"

He smiled, "After you left." We both said at the same time, "to make me feel better after you left." I blushed, he was really sad after I left, that's so sweet. I broke apart turned off the music, "Okay great job guys, it's already 5 and you guys probably need to get home." They all nodded picked up their stuff and waved bye saying that we would see each other tomorrow. Their parents are picking them up today. I picked up my clothes, bag and guitar but before I left Ray helped me by picking up my guitar and brought it to my car. "So you going to the dance?" I smirked, "Ya why?" He put my guitar in the trunk and whispered in my ear, "Got a date?" I smiled, "No why? You? What about Jules?" Speaking of her his phone rang and he picked up, I could hear her annoying voice on the other end questioning him. He hung up and sighed, "Gotta go, you better come to the dance class! See you." He was gone running to his car and I sighed I hate the fact he's always with her. Ugh I didn't think that.

I got in my car and drove home as quickly as I could so I could get some rest. Once I got home my mom left a note saying she went to a meeting with dad and that frozen pasta was in the fridge. I made it quickly since I knew the twins were hungry and called them down for dinner, "Hey twins, get down here, your dinner's done!" I heard some stomping and they were down in a flash I waved them over to eat. I told them I wasn't hungry so I went upstairs looked over the song I wrote for the music project and fell asleep thinking if Ray would've asked me to the dance if he had the chance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 589 14
I knew I shouldn't, but I couldn't help it. I should've stayed away. And now it was too late. Aiden Kane was bad. Everyone knew that. But how could...
2M 47.4K 36
She's a badass.She's crazy,chatty and outgoing. She goes to parties and get drunk. Her parents are dead. She lives alone and she has her parents' mon...
17.4K 302 22
George and Clay always hated each other, since they were little. but what happens if they suddenly are in the same friend group? what happens if they...
169K 3.2K 32
Ally Dawson loves school...until bad boy Austin Moon makes her school life 'a living hell'. But after an amazing idea for the two music lovers and a...