Maybe I hate you Maybe I don't

By variedsidesofmusic

Stella and Ray arch enemies. Who would have thought that underneath Ray's cocky, conceited and bully image he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 7

119 2 0
By variedsidesofmusic

Mo POV

Finally today is our last day of exams and we are done! We just got out of our music exam, which I thought I aced. I know conceited but I studied really hard after the practice/study session. Our class walked into our hallway and I opened my locker. Everyone started screaming and celebrating, we are done! It was just a gigantic party that everyone was enjoying. I looked around and Stella had started a conga line which most of our class had joined, even Olivia did but by the looks of it Wen had talked her into it.

I laughed, Stella is always doing something brave and outgoing. I put my last book music history in and ugh it's heavy. Almost dropping it a hand quickly catches it. The person's hand is on top of mine and as I look up I see these sort of dark brown eyes and almost drop the book but he catches it again.

I stand up, put some of my hair behind my ear saying, "Um, Hey Charlie, What's up?" He hands me my textbook and smiles. Wow his smile, "um nothing just saw you putting your stuff in and decided to help." I nodded and he continued, "So we're finally done our exams right?" I nodded, "Yup all 10 of them" I smiled and he chuckled. "So how you gonna celebrate?"

I looked over to the conga line that was still keeping up. He looked at them and said, "I don't know, I wanted to thank you for um helping me study, since you know I'm stupid." I slung my bag over my shoulder and started to walk out and he followed me, "Charlie, I don't think your stupid, when you really put your mind to it, you're really determined!"

He smiled and I felt really good for making him feel better and maybe something else under that. "Mo, um so to celebrate do you wanna come over like on Saturday?" Is he asking me out? Wow he's asking me out! "Um, Charlie…" He looked down like he knew the answer already, "Yes, Charlie I'll come over on Saturday." He smiled so big I swear, I'd never seen a smile that big. He put his stuff in the car, waved, got in and they drove away.

I stood and waited for my dad to come and pick me up. None of us have our driving licenses except for Stella. She had taken her exam one month after she turned 16 starting driving classes a day after. I could talk my driving exam it's just I'm not confident in my driving yet. Charlie, Olivia and Wen haven't turned 16 yet. My baba came shortly after Charlie's car left and I smiled as I got in. He started to talk about how I should be thinking of my future but I zoned out after a while thinking about Charlie.

Charlie POV

Today is Saturday and I'm sitting in my room thinking about how lucky I am. Mo finally accepted to go out with me, I mean she's the girl I've been crushing on since I walked through those MESA high doors. I of course had tripped over something being the clumsy me and ended up being late for class. I like the fact that her Indian beauty, intelligence and popularity with everyone had just radiated through her. She didn't try to be beautiful, she didn't try to be smart well other than the fact she studies a lot and everyone just loves her smile and laugh. I can't help but smile or laugh when she does and end up embarrassing myself.

A little ring tone rang and I got a text, I walked up to check who it was from, Stella of course bothering me over the weekend. Other than Mo, Stella was the second closest to me in the band. Olivia and Wen are of course close with me but they are usually together. I love Wen's sense of humour and Olivia's song writing ability but I've gotten closer with Stella because she's taught me to be more outgoing. For Scott, I just haven't learned to trust him yet especially since he broke Mo's heart. Stella had text me saying, "Hey Delgado, how'd you think you did on your exams?"

I replied with, "I don't know above 80. Why?"

She replied quickly with, "No duh, I mean how high?"

I thought for a moment knowing that Mo had helped me study so, "I think I did really good, since Mo helped."

The moment I put my phone down my mom barged in and she looked like she had a heart attack. I knew that it couldn't be concerning me because I got more than 80 on my exams, and they had let the whole soccer star thing go since Tommy and I had talked to her. So it must have been Tommy. She sat down on my bed and said, "Charlie, you know how your brother is coming home today right? From college?"

I nodded knowing I was right it was about Tommy, maybe he finally told them about his bad grades this year. She continued, "He … he…" my mother was hyperventilating and my father had now came in. He sat beside her and patted her back to calm her down. She was practically sobbing into my dads chest now not being able to take it. I asked them cautiously, "Dad what's wrong? Whatever Tommy did, couldn't be that bad, could it?" My father shook his head and my mother sobbed louder.

He tried to calm her down but my dad eventually stood up and said, "Your brother, was walking to his car last night, apparently he wanted to come home early to surprise us but since he was putting his chair in and couldn't see. He got hit by a car." I looked at them with disbelief, this couldn't be happening.

I stood up scratched my hair trying to calm down, "But he's alright right? There was someone there to help? He's at the hospital?" My dad looked down and said, "We don't know, but the doctor said it's a lot chance. It was a hit and run accident, no witnesses were at the scene, later someone saw him and called for help but a long time after."

I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down, "So Tommy was putting stuff into his car and he couldn't see? That's why he got hit?" My father nodded, "We went to the hospital yesterday, the police had called us late last night, they told us to come back tomorrow. We were wondering if you'd like to come?"

I really need to know if my brother is okay, but I need to get ready for my date. I know my brother is more important, I'll just text Mo. "Yeah dad, I'll come, when are we leaving?" my dad sat back down beside my mom and said, "Now, come down when you're ready, we'll be in the car."

I sat down once they were out of my room in frustration. I just couldn't believe it, it's just a shock, I mean my own brother the star soccer player, with amazing grades got hit by a car! And he may be or it could be possible... No I'm not thinking like that, be positive Charlie. I took out my phone and text Mo, "Hey Mo, family emergency, can we reschedule our date?" she replied after a short while with, "Sure Charles. What happened?" I sighed and replied with, "Can't tell you now, I gotta go." I walked slowly down the stairs put on a jacket, since it was gonna rain and got in my parents car.

On the way there Stella had texted me, "Hey Charlie, what happened? Mo told me you cancelled your date with her? Why?" I didn't really need to tell the band, they kind of figured out that I liked Mo by themselves. I guess I should tell her, "Family emergency" but before I sent the message the car had stopped and we got out of the car.

We walked into the building and my father told them that we were Tommy's family. They told us which level to go up to and as we huddled into the elevator there was a sense of anxiety among us. Once we got out we saw lot's of doctors coming in and out of the ER room, patients as well. We walked up to the sliding door and a doctor had came out saying, "Excuse me, do you need some help?" My father spoke up, "Yes we are looking for Dr. Smith?" the doctor had smiled and said, "He's coming, wait one moment please."

Just then the doors opened and another doctor had came out. He walked over to us shook my fathers hand and said, "Hello, my name's Dr. Smith you are the Delgado family are you not?" We all nodded in agreement and he waved us over to the corner, "I'm very sorry to say this but your son Tommy, he hasn't made it." My mother fainted and my dad had caught her, I stood there with my feet planted on the ground jaw hanging open. I thought that I heard wrong, it couldn't be possible, no way, my brother is... dead.

Looking for a seat was just a blur, I stood up against the wall behind me, my back slid down and as I sat down I started to sob. A sound came on and someone texted me, it was Stella. I couldn't handle her now, the entire band was texting me now. How they knew that something was up I don't know.

Stella called and I answered aggravated, "What Stella?!" I'm angry, shocked, sad and I didn't want to be bothered right now. To my surprise she didn't explode at me like she usually would when people yell at her, "Charlie what's wrong? Where are you?" I take a deep breath knowing I shouldn't take out my anger on her, "At the hospital, Tommy... Tommy, he died." I hung up and started to put my head on my knees and cried, I didn't care right now if my jeans got wet or how I looked.

I'm not a tough guy, does it matter? I lost my brother, I deserve to cry. After awhile I had stopped crying and the tears had dried on my face, I looked around to realize my mother had woken up and was sitting with a cup of water. She was slowly sipping it with my father comforting her, he looked like he had cried too since his eyes were red.

A ding came in and seconds later Stella, Mo, Olivia and Wen were all here. They sat down around me and we waited for one of us to speak. Mo decided to break the silence first, "Hey Charlie, are you okay?" I didn't look at them and just said no. She continued, "I know it hurts, but we're here for you. Remember, we were here for Olivia when her cat died, and we're here for you now." I finally looked up and I knew they came in here in a rush.

Mo wasn't dressed as nice as she usually did instead she was dressed in a baggy jean and shirt with no makeup. Stella had worn a beanie and baggy clothes as well. Olivia looked like she wore the same shirt as yesterday. I started to think about Tommy and the things I never got to say to him. I started to tear up, I never got to say thanks for helping me tell mom and dad that I wanted to study music.

Weirdly enough I saw Stella take her guitar out of the case and she started to play a song I knew that would try to comfort me. They were sitting in a circle around me and Stella played the first part as Mo started to sing:

I can't pretend

to know how you feel

but know that I'm here

know that I'm real

Wen continued with his part

Say what you want or don't talk at all

Mo started right after him and she put her hand on my shoulder

Not gonna let you fall

Reach for my hand cuz' it's held out for you

my shoulders are small but you can cry on them too

everything changes but one thing is true

understand, we'll always be more than a band

Stella gave me a side hug while Olivia hugged me from the back. Wen just sat in front of me giving me a sympathetic look.

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

Stella began her part and I brought out my drumsticks which were always in my pocket and started to tap the rhythm on the floor. Even though I felt lots of emotions music could always calm me down.

You used to brave the world all on your own

Now we won't let you go

Go in alone

I realized it was my part and when I started to sing, it sounded it a little hoarse maybe, because I was crying.

Be who you wanna be

always stand tall

Me and Stella sang this line together

not gonna let you fall

We all sang together

Reach for my hand cuz' it's held out for you

My shoulders are small but you can cry on them too

Everything changes but one thing is true

Understand, We'll always be more than a band

Olivia had continued on the bridge singing her part by herself

I never knew you could take me so far

I've always wanted the hope that you are

the ones I need

We all sang together and joined hands

Reach for my hands cuz' its held out for you

my shoulders are strong but you can cry on them too

everything changes but one thing is true

understand, we'll always be more than, a band

Olivia sang the chorus one more time slower with just Stella playing the guitar

Reach for my hand cuz' it's held out for you

My shoulders are small but you can cry on them too

Everything changes but one thing is true

Understand, We'll always be more than a band

Mo put her head on my shoulder and started to rub my back. Even though I know I'm supposed to be sad, that made my heart race a little faster. I could smell her shampoo and I felt really close to her. Stella and Olivia excused themselves to go to the bathroom and Wen just went along with them.

I put my head on top of hers, "Mo" she whispered a mhmm and I continued, "I'm really sorry for cancelling our date, I mean I'm just really worried about my brother." She put her hand on my chest and said, "No, Charlie, it's not your fault, I mean you're brother is very important I understand."

I put my head back up and she looked at me, "When did you find out?" I sighed "A couple minutes before we cancelled. So when are we going to reschedule?" She smiled and looked into my eyes, I moved in closer making the distance between us smaller and if I wasn't imagining it she did too.

Right before we were about to kiss Stella fell beside us with Olivia and Wen following after making a pile of humans. We jumped apart and Mo got up and scratched her head, "Um.. I've got to go, I'll see you later Charlie" She walked into the elevator so quickly I didn't even get to say bye. Stella was chuckling her butt off, Olivia was just smiling and Wen was rubbing his head since he hit it on the ground. I rolled my eyes at them and my parents told me we had to go. Looking at my parents just reminded me about how much I miss Tommy.

I got up and Stella gave me a hug she told me to rest and don't stress about anything. Olivia had said if I needed them just text or call they'd be here for me in an instant. Wen gave me a bro hug telling me it will be okay dude and as we walked into the elevator I looked at my friends realizing they were the best. One other thing came to mind though where is Scott? The elevator door closed and I text Olivia asking her, "Hey liv, where's Scott?" She replied quickly, "His dad made him go on a business trip, with him he'll be back on Mon. He says he feels bad for you though" I replied with "K" I just thought I hoped he does, still not gaining my trust.

Disclaimer: I really don't own these lemonade characters and I don't own More than a band which is an awesome song.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 89 8
Stella is an out going fun loving woman, she meets Bucky in a bar and hits it off with him. They spend the night together and the next dat they both...
169K 3.2K 32
Ally Dawson loves school...until bad boy Austin Moon makes her school life 'a living hell'. But after an amazing idea for the two music lovers and a...
490K 12.8K 26
Myra and Lucas have always hated each other. With them the word "Friends" dosen't exist. They're complete opposites. Lucas is popular, a player, char...
2M 47.4K 36
She's a badass.She's crazy,chatty and outgoing. She goes to parties and get drunk. Her parents are dead. She lives alone and she has her parents' mon...