Maybe I hate you Maybe I don't

By variedsidesofmusic

Stella and Ray arch enemies. Who would have thought that underneath Ray's cocky, conceited and bully image he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 5

154 2 0
By variedsidesofmusic

Chapter 5

Wen POV

The next day I walked over to Olivia's house so we could go to school together. I knocked on her door and her grammie answered. She called Olivia and welcomed me in. A second later Olivia came down the stairs in a blue shirt with a patterned skirt waving hi. I gave her a hug and we started out the door.

"Hey Olivia, ready for school?" she nodded and got her backpack, "Ya let's go before we're late."

Olivia spoke, "Hey Wen do you think Stella is alright? I mean she sorta skipped out on us yesterday."

I took her hand and intertwined our fingers to reassure her and said, "Stella will be fine, maybe something urgent came up at home. Don't worry."

She smiled and said "I'm not sure." I interrupted her, "Look she's right over there" I pointed to Stella who was saying goodbye to Ray and trying to catch up with Scott, Mo and Charlie. We walked over to them and gave each other hugs before we went to class.

The bell rung and we caught up with Stella who was heading to our Chemistry exam, Olivia said, "Hey, What's up?" she looked at her, "Oh hey, just heading to our Chemistry exam, you nervous?" she nodded, "Wen comforted me on the way to school so I'm okay."

Stella looked really nervous and said, "Are you ready?". We entered the room and I put my finger over my mouth signaling to be quiet and gave them a thumbs up for good luck. We all sat beside each other in the middle row with the exam paper face down on the table. Olivia looked really pale so I rubbed her back to calm her down and she looked at me thankfully. Ms. Howard came in and told us the instructions, then we started our exam.

Two hours later we finished our chemistry exam and walked out of there like dead zombies. We decided to get a snack since we need some energy for us to do our best for our next two exams. On the way to our cafeteria we started talking about how hard that Chemistry exam was. Stella spoke, "What, is Ms. Howard trying to kill our brains! That was one frickin hard chemistry exam."

Olivia and I nodded then she said, "but how do you think you did?" Stella thought for a moment and said, "I thought I did okay but it was still hard even if you studied really well." Olivia spoke, "Me too what about you Wen?" I looked at them and said, "I thought I did really well since you helped me study." Olivia blushed and we sat down at the table with Mo, Charlie and Scott.

No one POV

The lemonade gang sat down with of course lemonade that Mo had gotten. They started chatting about how hard their exams were and how they were gonna celebrate once they were done. Stella said, "I'm just saying after our final exam I'm going go "Ha in your frickin face I'm done your damn exam" to every teacher."

The whole gang laughed and Charlie said, "Are you sure you're going to do that to every teacher?" Stella thought and said, "Well maybe just a couple." We all laughed at Stella's laziness.

Ray walked by and Stella said, "Hey Ray, how was your exam?" He was about to reply but Jules cut in saying, "Why do you care? Just cause your famous now doesn't mean we treat you nicely. C'mon Ray." Ray looked sad for a millisecond and suddenly it turned into a smirk, "Later loser mouths." Stella was shocked and didn't say anything, the rest of the group saw her face and decided not to say anything.

The bell rang and the group got up getting their stuff for their next exam. Charlie and Mo saw Stella's face which was stuck in a shocked trans. Mo tried yelling her name but it didn't work so Charlie snapped in her face to get to their next exam, biology. Olivia, Scott and Wen had already started heading to their Calculus exam which they dreaded gratefully.

Last period of the day and the gang is having gym which they thought was okay. Mr. Jackson basically tells us to do whatever we feel like just be active so he doesn't get in trouble. The entire class agreed on playing basketball which Scott suggested. We didn't know why but we went along with it, so before we set up the teams Ms. Reznik entered the gym and gestures for the band to come over quickly.

When we got to her she started rambling about how we need to hurry, the rest we didn't understand. All we knew is that we needed to change quick because we had interview. The guys had obviously changed quicker so they were just waiting in the car for the girls to come out. So Wen, Charlie and Scott just started talking about whatever came up.

Charlie groaned, "What's taking the girls so long. I don't want Ms. Reznik to speed the entire way there."

Wen, "Where are we going anyways?" Ms. Reznik was walking across the parking lot ushering the girls to be faster. The girls opened the door and sat in the back of the van. Once they buckled up Ms. Reznik stepped on the gas jerking us all back. Stella growled since her head hit the back of the seat really hard, "Well somebody is in a rush."

Ms. Reznik replied quickly, "Well you guys gave me no choice, you girls were slow and we have to be on time for hair and makeup." Wen piped up, "Just a question Ms. Reznik. Where are we going?" Ms. Reznik sighed, "I guess I forgot to tell you guys right." We all nodded and she said, "You guys have an interview with Moxie Morris, the music scene and we're going to be late." We all said ohhhh and for the rest of the ride there were no more complaints.

Throughout the ride though Olivia and Stella starting to feel carsick since Ms. Reznik was driving a little rough. She kept accelerating and breaking all of the sudden. Right before Olivia was gonna puke Ms. Reznik parked the van and everyone got out feeling a little sick. We all tried to steady ourselves and Scott said, "Next time we aren't being late for anything again. Promise guys?" We all said uhuh and ya agreeing with him.

Charlie moaned and Mo had to steady him so he didn't fall face first into the pavement. Wen walked Olivia into the studio with a small bag for her just incase since she was looking green. Scott and Stella used each other to stable themselves to get in there without falling. Once they were in the girls were taken into their change rooms by a group of stylists and people with headsets to change into their outfits, same with the boys.

After the band had changed the entire band was rushed to hair and makeup with the boys just getting some touch ups on their face. The girls didn't take a long time in hair and makeup because the experts wasted no time adding lip gloss, mascara, or eye shadow. Scott and Stella took the longest since their hair stylists envisioned them in a weird up do.

Mo was wearing a sort of dark green dress with her hair pulled up in a pony tail with these feather earrings and high heels, Olivia was wearing this frilly white dress with brown cow boy boots and her hair down, lastly Stella had a weird updo for her hair, fishnet tights, black leather skirt, white blazer with a colorful tank top and red high heels with her famous peacock feather earring.

For the guys Charlie was wearing a blue jacket with a white t-shirt with some sort of print on it and jeans, Wen was wearing a grey blazer with a black dress shirt and these ridiculous plaid pants, Scott was wearing jeans with a black jacket on top of his black shirt with his hair sticking up. They all sat down in the order of Moxie, Stella, Wen, Olivia, Charlie, Mo and Scott at the end.

Olivia and Stella were still a little green even with all the makeup on so they had asked for a gravol which they both gratefully took with water right before they had said and action!

Moxie started to speak, "Welcome to the music scene, I'm Moxie Morris your host for all things musical and do we have a treat for you tonight. Here in the studio with us we have Lemonade Mouth let's give it up." Everyone started to woop or scream and Moxie said, "Thanks for coming guys." We all smiled and thanked her for having us as well as everyone clapped.

When the clapping died down Moxie started the interview with, "So 8 months ago you were all just normal high school students and now here you are at the top of the charts. How did you get there?"Stella grinned and her forehead was wrinkled she looked to the other knowing that none of them had an answer.

Moxie looked surprised, "Nobody?" Wen replied, "We're just saving that for the movie" Moxie replied with, "Oh c'mon" Mo laughed and Charlie was confused saying, "is there a movie?" Mo put her hand on his arm saying no to clear up his confusion.

Moxie, "I mean you guys, tell me a little bit about how life has changed for all of you. I mean Charlie your America's new heart throb." Olivia made woo sound saying Charlie, awwn Charlie teasing him and Charlie just grinned with Stella patting her heart with her hand. Mo looked at him with a grin trying to contain her laughter while Scott smiled and Wen was smiling, leaning back in his seat rubbing his legs smiling looking at him.

Moxie continued, "Is there anyone special in your life?" Charlie swallowed and spoke with this high pitch, "Uh, um, no, no one special" he looked right into Mo's eyes and said, "not yet anyways."

Moxie didn't press on it and instead said, "Well speaking of someone special Scott and Mohini how is your relationship holding up under all this new pressure?" Mo was mouthing to Moxie leaning forward her head turned to her and her hand scratching her ear saying nooo don't say anything my baba, dont.

Too late her father piped up from the sidelines saying, "relationship? Mohini? What Relationship?" She sighed and looked at him whispering, "we talked about this baba remember" He interrupted her, "No we never discussed any relationship."

Mo groaned and just sat back in her chair giving up while Olivia spoke up, "No, no actually it's not Mo, it's me." Mo 's head turned around quickly to look at Olivia with a look of disbelief on her face, then at Scott. Charlie also was looking at Scott with a look of confusion. Scott raised his hands in surrender saying, "I have no idea what she's talking about" the crowd was very interested. Wen looked at her leaning forward with a look that said what are you doing?

Olivia shrugged at Wen then understood saying, "Oh, No, I mean me and Wen we've um sorta been dating ish, I guess, I mean, we have haven't we? Or not it's okay" her hands moving trying to explain and then she gave up sitting back in her seat staying silent.

Mo was excited and happy her face gawked with a big smile. Wen looked at her and replied saying, "Oh no no ya we've, she's my girl." Stuttering a bit then interlocking both of their hands together like they usually do. The crowd starting wooping and clapping at this new relationship.

Moxie said with a sort of surprised voice, "Looks like love is in bloom for lemonade mouth, but seriously I know Mo, your father will question you on this but we would like to know what's happening for you two?"

Mo took a deep breath, "Okay Moxie I don't know if Scott wants to tell our fans this but Scott and I have broken up. So our relationship is done." Moxie was shocked, "Oh well I wish the best for your relationships in the future." Mo closed her eyes and stayed silent while Scott just looked downward not speaking.

Just then Stella interrupted to get out of this awkward silent tension of questions about relationships, "Okay, Here's the deal, Moxie. Life for us, it's different, but uh it's still the same, I mean the stage is bigger and the crowd is way louder but every night we get out there. We know where we belong." The rest of the band nodded looking at her agreeing. Moxie questions, "And where is that?"

Stella looks at the band happily and puts her hand on Wen saying, "Together, making music we love." She was also shaking Wen with him saying, "Yes" in a happy tone. Stella continued saying, "Now, uh, if you don't mind I think we'd really love to play our new song." Moxie got up saying absolutely.

The entire band got up getting pumped to play their song going to their places. While Moxie was talking Olivia asked Stella, "which song?" Stella smiled , "Livin on a highwire, duh!" She told the rest of the band and Olivia said, "Oi Stella we need to discuss what we're doing before we go on stage." Stella just laughed.

Moxie introduced them saying, "Ladies and gentleman, what a treat, here playing their new song, high wire, Lemonade Mouth." She left to go on the side just to admire their talent.

It started with the spotlight on Stella playing her guitar solo in the center of the stage with the crowd cheering. Olivia and Mo were just waiting in the background until Wen who was at his keyboard leaned forward to the mike beginning his rap.

This the story on how we lived
The glory of what we did
It started when we were kids
With music up in our heads
She said:

Charlie joined along with his drum making it look like it was nothing. Olivia then opened her mouth and began to sing as her and Mo jumped off the ledges they were standing on. The two of them began to strut up to the front of the stage, rocking out making lots of arm gestures and rocking out.

I've been out on the edge
Breathin' a little bit of fresh air
Big dreams, I took a chance
Held out for everything I got here

I've been, feeling, this life's
A circus, hanging on without a fear

Charlie twirled his drum sticks with Mo taking over for Olivia as she began to sing the chorus as the three girls began to circle around each other and trade places.

Livin' on a high wire
Runnin' through a wildfire
You can't shake me, I'm not going nowhere
Walking on a tight rope
No net, high hopes
Step back, I'm gonna make it over

The three girls began to sway and step over as Mo and Olivia sang together, Scott walking in front of them just to get some of the spotlight with his cool shades pulled over his eyes. Moxie stood to the side, clapping her hands and just genuinely enjoying the song with Mo's father.

Na na na-na-na na na
Na na, livin' on a high wire
Na na na-na-na na na
Na na, livin' on a high wire

Wen had then ditched his piano and was standing on the ledge as he continued with his rap making arm gestures along with it adding passion. Olivia moved beside the keyboard while Mo felt like standing nearer to Charlie at the drums.

This the story on how we lived
The glory of what we did
It started when we were kids
With music up in our heads
She said:

When it was finished, Wen jumped down and began to play, while Olivia got up on the ledge behind him. Mo had taken the other ledge behind Charlie.

Big top, turning around
No clowns, I'm running as I hit the ground

As Olivia jumped down Wen grabbed Olivia's hand, and then brought it to his lips to kiss as she smiled a bit, and continued to sing looking at Wen happily. Charlie was watching them and mouthed hey guys smiling. Then Mo came beside him and gave him a peck on his cheek to shut him up with Scott watching behind them. Charlie blushed immensely but fortunately the crowd hadn't caught it because of Olivia and Wen being cute.

Front row, big show, is sold out
So I'm ready for the crowd roar, let's go

I've been feeling, this life's
A circus, hanging on without a fear

The girls starting to take center stage again walking around circles.

Livin' on a high wire
Runnin' through a wildfire
You can't shake me, I'm not going nowhere
Walking on a tight rope
No net, high hopes
Step back, I'm gonna make it over

The whole audience was on their feet clapping to the beat and jumping or just enjoying the song. They were all singing the words now, and some of them were holding posters that read, "LEMONADE MOUTH FOREVER!" or "BE HEARD! BE STRONG! BE PROUD!"

Na na na-na-na na na
Na na, livin' on a high wire
Na na na-na-na na na
Na na, livin' on a high wire

The girls then retreated to the background as Wen took center stage, taking over with his rap. Stella stayed with Wen at center stage doing this bounce and rock back and forth movement.

When it comes to the beat
Seein' that the heads are movin'
Move off your seat
Achievement's what we really doin'
Freedom of speech
I'm in it just to win it
I'm springin' and I can see it:
In the end that you can be it
Cuz it's patience, statements
Famous, greatness
Movin' till you make it through
And maybe you can make it too

Mo was now playing Wen's piano as she picked back up singing while Wen started to move back to the keyboard.

Livin' on a high wire (Alright)
You can't shake me, I'm not going nowhere
Walking on a tight rope
No net, high hopes
Step back, I'm gonna make it over

Mo walked away from the keyboard hitting her big notes. Scott and Stella were now standing on the ledge, playing beside each other just having fun as Mo and Olivia bounced around on stage all excited. Lastly you could see Charlie putting his all in it and just losing himself in the drums doing his famous hair flips that made the girls in the crowd jump.

Na na na-na-na na na (Yeah we living on a high wire)
Na na, livin' on a high wire
Na na na-na-na na na (Top story, top story)

Stella then jumped off the ledge and walked over to Mo, where the two went back to back and leaning up against each other. Olivia was rocking out on the other side of Mo bouncing to the beat.

Na na, livin' on a high wire, yeah yeah
On top, baby
Na na na-na-na na na (We lookin', we lookin', we lookin' down now)
Na na, livin' on a high wire

The crowd was ecstatic jumping out of their seats screaming we love you lemonade mouth as the band got up from their places and joined hands at the front of the stage. Moxie came out from the side clapping, "ladies and gentleman, once again, give it up for Lemonade Mouth, this is why they're number 1." she looked at Stella and said, "Thank you so much for coming to the show wow." but you couldn't really hear her over the screaming crowd. The whole band put their arms around each other waving bye and soon the director said CUT!

The crowd was still going wild but they were a little more quiet so Moxie was able to say thank you shake the guys hands give hugs to the girls and when she got to Mo she said, "I know it's not my business but I think that another person for you may be closer than you think. I'll leave it that." She then walked off saying good luck!

Mo was a little confused until Charlie came behind her and hugged her, she turned around and hugged him back. Wen and Olivia were walking hand in hand to their change rooms while Scott was walking with Stella talking about how awesome they played back there. Changed into their normal clothes a couple fans stayed behind asking for their autographs and saying how much they loved their music. The band smiled and grinned at the fans taking the pen and signing the photo with their name.

After some time Ms. Reznik stopped the fans telling them that the band needed to go home. Olivia and Wen walked hands intertwined out of the studio with Mo and Charlie behind them. Scott and Stella were talking avidly about how awesome and how much fun they had on the show.

Mo POV

Ms. Reznik dropped me off but before I got out of the van I hugged Charlie, smiled at him and thanked her for covering up for me. I whispered in her ear, "You better be ready for paparazzi, they are going to be all over you." I hopped out and found the last thing I wanted to see after an exam day.

My baba was waiting outside the door and was waiting to lecture me. I came in dropped my bag down and waited for it to start. I went to the kitchen drank a cup of water and he started with, "Mohini you are too young for boys and today from what I saw you had a relationship with that Scott boy? What is this?"

I was beyond angry, Scott wasn't just any boy but now he's not even mine anymore. I replied, "Okay baba I had a relationship with Scott but we ended it, it didn't work out. I thought you trusted me to make my own decisions!" I walked away but Baba wasn't finished yet, "I do trust you we've had this conversation before I let you continue with this band. Although boys are a different story!"

I turned around yelling, "What's so different about them?!" getting really frustrated. My baba had stopped pacing and hugged me suddenly saying, "I don't want you to get hurt Mohini, you are my daughter and I will hurt any boy who hurts you."

I looked at my baba and said, "Baba I love you, and I will always be your daughter but having a boyfriend won't affect my decisions. Besides Scott and I are done."

He smiled looking at me, my mama came in and said, "You are becoming a lovely lady, that we trust and love Mohini." I smiled and started setting the tables for dinner. My baba came up behind me while putting a plate down and said, "Don't think I didn't catch you kissing that boys cheek, but if you think he's good for you, I trust you. If he hurts you though he's done."

I laughed and told him, "I'm not sure about Charlie baba but he seems nice." Mama brought in the food saying, "That Charlie boy still likes you? He's persistent. I think you should give him a try Mohini." My baba laughed and said, "Don't encourage her my dear wife, she can decide on her own." I smiled and said, "Thank you Baba" he mumbled it but I caught it, "but he seems nicer than what's his name Scott."

I didn't really want to continue this conversation so I said, "Alright enough talk about boys, can we please enjoy dinner?" They boy agreed and we sat down to enjoy dinner. I just seriously I didn't want to talk about Scott or Charlie, getting over him was hard enough and starting something new. I wasn't up for that at the moment.

Disclaimer: I do not own any Lemonade Mouth characters or the song Livin on a highwire by Lemonade Mouth but I do love that song!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 353 36
What happens when the nice guy in school meets the meanest girl in school? "Outta of my way baka!" Yelled Mangle. "Hey no need to be mean" Said a guy...
14K 310 16
Aaron moves to Phoenix High from Falcon claw he meets a gang of nice people. Later he finds out Aphmau is a shy girl. He then finds himself dating Ap...
2M 47.4K 36
She's a badass.She's crazy,chatty and outgoing. She goes to parties and get drunk. Her parents are dead. She lives alone and she has her parents' mon...
2.4K 441 44
Could they ever learn to get along? Evelyn and Luke had been best friends since 7th grade but now Hollie had stepped into Luke's life things had chan...