Soft Whispers - Fred Weasley...

By uglydiaries

𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, 𝐎𝐑 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐓... More

Author's note
[ Chapter 1 ]
[ Chapter 2 ]
[ Chapter 3 ]
[ Chapter 4 ]
[ Chapter 5 ]
[ Chapter 6 ]
[ Chapter 7 ]
A/N
[ Chapter 8 ]
[ Chapter 9 ]
[ Chapter 10 ]
[ Chapter 11 ]
[ Chapter 12 ]
[ Chapter 13 ]
[ Chapter 14 ]
[ Chapter 15 ]
[ Chapter 16 ]
[ Chapter 17 ]
[ Chapter 18 ]
[ Chapter 19 ]
[ Chapter 20 ]
[ Chapter 21 ]
[ Chapter 22 ]
[ Chapter 23 ]
[ Chapter 24 ]
[ Chapter 26 ]
[Chapter 27 ]
[ Chapter 28 ]
[ Chapter 29 ]
[ Chapter 30 ]
[ Chapter 31 ]
[ Chapter 32 ]
[ Chapter 33 ]
[ Chapter 34 ]
[ Chapter 35 ]
[ Chapter 36 ]
[ Chapter 37 ]
[ Chapter 38 ]
[ Chapter 39 ]
[ Chapter 40 ]
[ Chapter 41 ]
[ Chapter 42 ]
[ Chapter 43 ]
[ Chapter 44 ]
[ Chapter 45 ]
[ Chapter 46 ]
[ Chapter 47 ]
[ Chapter 48 ]
[ Chapter 49 ]
[ Chapter 50 ]
[ Chapter 51 ]
[ Chapter 52 ]
[ Chapter 53]
[ Chapter 54 ]
Surprise <3
[ Chapter 55 ]
[ Chapter 56 ]
[ Chapter 57 ]
[Chapter 58]
[ Chapter 59 ]
[ Chapter 60 ]
[ Chapter 61 ]
Author Note <3
[ Chapter 62 ]
[ Chapter 63 ]
[ Chapter 64 ]
[ Chapter 65 ]
[ Chapter 66 ]

[ Chapter 25 ]

3.6K 84 308
By uglydiaries

A/n: 3,100 words like what??

(Y/n) slumped down in her chair letting out a sigh as she looked over to Wren. Books were scattered around the table, but they weren't any closer to figuring out how to be animagus.

"We're not getting anywhere," she sighed picking up a book and throwing it across the table.

"Whoa is everything okay here?"

(Y/n) and Wren looked up to see Cedric standing there- a book in his hand as his bag was slumped over his shoulder.

"Cedric, what a lovely surprise," Wren said with a smile. "Everything's fine we're just trying to study for our OWLS."

"It's the first day back and you're already studying?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. (Y/n) just sent him a warm smile as she nodded.

"You can never be too early; did you need help with anything?"

"Well err, I was actually looking for you," Cedric said scratching the back of his head. "This is for you," he said pulling out a small parcel from his bag and handing it to her.

"Cedric, you didn't have to get me anything." (Y/n) said reaching out and accepting his gift.

"It was your birthday; I'm just upset that I'm a day late. I better go, I promised Cho Chang that I would help her with some herbology homework. See you around (y/n)," he said leaning down and placing a kiss on her cheek.

(y/n)'s cheeks burned a bright pink as he walked away. She turned her head to meet Wren's staring gaze. His eyebrow slightly raised.

"What?" She asked, looking down at the neatly wrapped gift.

"Cedric Diggory? He's got it bad for you."

"What? No, he does not. Anyways it doesn't matter because we're just friends. Now lets see what he got me," she said untying the bow and opening the box. She opened it up to see a single red rose and a small diamond in the shape of a heart.

"Yeah definitely looks like a gift a friend gives to another friend," Wren said sarcastically as he opened up another book.

"Doesn't matter," (y/n) said shooting him a glare. "Anyways we're not really getting anywhere, and I have to go to potions in a few minutes. Maybe I can ask Harry to borrow his invisibility cloak and we can check the restriction section of the library tonight. "

"Harry has an invisibility cloak?" Wren asked slightly surprised. He knew those were really hard to come by.

"Oh uh yeah," (y/n) said not knowing if that was information she should of said aloud. Shaking her head she nodded, knowing she could trust Wren. He had become someone who she relied on. "Nearly got me killed a few years back when I used it to get past a three headed dog." (Y/n) said with a laugh.

"Do I even want to know?" Wren asked amused by the whole situation.

"Probably not, I'll talk to Harry during passing and then I can meet you outside your dorm around midnight. Deal?"

"Deal," Wren said holding out his hand for her to shake.

***

(Y/n) barely made it to potions as she had stayed back to help Wren clean up. She opened up the door to see an empty seat next to Angelina.

"You were almost late," Angelina pointed out giving her a questionable look.

"But I wasn't," (y/n) sang taking out her potions book- alongside parchment and her quills.

"Why were you in the library with Wren?" She asked curiosity playing off her tongue.

"He wanted to get a head start on his OWLS, not that I blame him. This year is going to be rough."

This seem to satisfy Angelina as she just nodded and continued to look over her book. It wasn't that (y/n) was fond of lying to her friends about what they were actually doing. She just didn't want to let them know in case it failed.

The door slammed open as Professor Snape walked in, using his wand to shut the blinds to his classroom. "Open up your books to page 167."

"He's in a good mood," Fred whispered leaning over his table so (y/n) and Angelina could hear him.

"Should we turn his foul mood into something better?" George asked.

"Oh no," Angelina said, shaking her head in disappointment.

"Say Snape," Fred called out- which earned himself a death stare almost immediately. "You're teaching us about Amortentia? Have you ever been in love?"

"Weasley detention!"

"Why? I just asked a question?" Fred said slumping down in his chair.

"It is Professor Snape to you. Now as I was saying," he said turning his back to the class. "Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. You all, will brew a small vital of it and write 3/4th parchment on the different items you smell. Begin."

(Y/n) hoped down from her desk going to the cupboard to pick up ashwinder eggs, rose thorns, peppermint, and powdered moonstone.

"Ms. Carter," Snape said nodding in her direction. "OWLS are this year. I must ask, have you looked into a career path?"

"No sir, I have not."

"May I suggest becoming a potions master?"

(Y/n) looked taken aback caught off by his words. "I never even thought about it, truthfully."

Snape just nodded turning his back to check on the progress of the other students work. "You are my brightest student."

(Y/n) stood in place slightly stunned. Professor Snape was never nice-especially to her. She shook her head, picking up the rest of her supplies and heading back to her table.

"What did that slimeball want from you?" George asked as (y/n) took her seat- heating up her cauldron.

"He wants me to become a potions master after Hogwarts. Even complimented my work."

"Snape did?" Lee asked with wide eyed.

"Well don't act so surprised," Angelina said. "Snape's always been nice to you. Wasn't it just last year he told you your potion was good? And you're the only Gryffindor he's never given detention to. I even got one last year because I messed up a potion."

"I guess you're right," (Y/n) said a little taken aback.

"I find it to be a little creepy to be honest, but you really are the only one he's nice to that isn't a Slytherin."

"I wonder why," Fred thought aloud. For as long as he could remember Angelina was right. Snape never punished (y/n) with detentions even when she was in on the pranks with him and George. He watched as she got up from her seat to give Professor Snape her potion. He took in the curves of her hips, and how she had almost a skip in her steps when she walked. How she parted her lips when she was concentrating on what someone else was saying. She was intoxicating to him. 

"What do you smell Freddie?" George asked as he leaned in to get a whiff of his own potion.

"Uh," Fred said clearing his throat as he shook the memories of (y/n) away. "I can smell mums' homemade cookies, lemons, and grapefruit?" He answered trailing off in confusion.

"Very interesting," Angelina said in her seat, a knowing smile on her lips.

"What's interesting?" George asked looking over at his girlfriend with adoring eyes.

"The perfume I bought (y/n) for her birthday is a lemon- grapefruit scent. I wonder if she's wearing it today- Oh (y/n) I'm glad your back I have a quick question for you. Are you wearing the perfume I bought you today?" Angelina asked a smirk on her face.

"Yeah, I am." (Y/n) said writing all the ingredients that she smelled. "Why?"

"Oh no reason," Angelina said sending Fred a wink as she continued on with her own potion that smelled completely like George.

"So (Y/n) what do you smell?" Lee asked a smile on his face as Fred shot him a glare.

(Y/n) looked up from her work as she placed the end of her quill to her lip. "Uh well I smelled old books, lavender, cinnamon, and maybe gunpowder?"

The rest of the lesson seemed to go on pretty fast. George ended up landing a detention with Fred once he started throwing paper balls at some of the Slytherin's heads. (Y/n) packed all her belongings away as she walked with her friends down to the Great Hall.

"Hang on guys I'll join you in a second," (y/n) said breaking away and taking a seat next to Harry.

"Hi Harry, I need to ask for a huge favor."

Harry looked over to (y/n) with a warm smile. "Sure, what can I help you with?"

"I need to borrow your invisibility cloak."

"Is it for a prank?" Ron asked.

"No, I need to get something out of the restriction section, and I don't want anyone to know what I'm checking out."

"Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem. I can give it to you after dinner."

"Thank you Harry! You're a lifesaver. Also do you mind if we keep this between us four? I don't want anyone to know- especially the twins." (y/n) said wrapping her arms around him and pulling him into a hug. 

For as long as Harry could remember in his time at Hogwarts- (Y/n) had always been there for him. He saw her as a big sister so lending her the cloak and keeping her secret was nothing. He knew he would always help her out.

"Thank you again," she said pulling away from his hug. "Oh, and Hermione lets meet up once a week to study for our exams," (Y/n) said as she left the group to sit in between Fred and George.

"What was that about?" Fred asked curiously as the group waited for the food to appear.

"Just wanted to see how Harry's first day was going."

Before she could elaborate more with her lie Dumbledore stood up saying a small speech before clapping his hands for the food to appear. The group dug in savoring every moment.

"Ahh perfect you're all here."

(Y/n) let out a small groan as she looked up to Oliver.

"Ollie, I love you. I really do but this is the first week back."

"Exactly! And my last year, which is why we're going to have practice early morning. I already booked the field."

(Y/n) rested her head on the table as Fred, George, and Angelina let out a small groan. Oliver's morning practice meant to get up before the sun.

"We'll see you there," (y/n) said lifting her head up slowly. Oliver just gave them a thumbs up before running towards Harry.

"He's actually trying to kill us," Fred said laying his head on the table. (Y/n) reached out putting her fingers through his hair. She loved touching it. His hair was smooth through her fingers as she laced her hands around each strand of hair.

"Don't stop," he whispered causing a million butterflies to fly in her stomach.

She smiled down at him as she continued to play with his hair as Lee and George talked about a new prank they wanted to do- and Angelina was talking to Alicia and Katie about the first Hogsmeade trip that would take place.

"You know Freddie, I never asked you what you smelt in your Amortentia?" (y/n) asked. She felt his body stiffen under hers as he raised his head.

"Well, I smelled my mum's cookies, and lemons, and grapefruit," he trailed off looking away.

"Oh, that sounds lovely."

"Okay, who's ready for some much needed rest since Oliver is going to kill us in the morning?" Angelina asked as she got up from the table.

The teens nodded following her out of the Great Hall, and up the stairs to the 7th floor. Angelina headed straight to bed as Lee, George, and Fred stayed downstairs. 

"Are you going to join us Carter?" George asked as they set up a game of exploding snap.

"No not tonight," (y/n) said heading up the stairs that lead to the boy's dormitory. 

Fred and George sent her weird look but she ignored them as she pushed open the door to Harry's room.

"Afternoon boys," she said as she entered. Harry and Ron were already in their dorm along with their roommates- Neville, Seamus, and Dean. 

"Ah it's a girl" Neville squealed hiding under his covers. 

"Well spot on," Dean said coming towards the door. "I'm Dean Thomas."

"Cute, I'm-"

"(Y/n) Carter, I know who you are," Dean said leaning against the door. "Your pranks with the twins are legendary."

"Thank you," she said walking into the room and going up to Harry. 

"Here you go, give it back whenever. I hope you find what you're looking for."

"Thank you again Harry," she said pulling him into a quick hug and rushing down the stairs and out of the common room. 

***

The twins watched her leave the boys dormitory. Fred felt his heart stop for a second- trying to shake the feeling away. 

"What do you think that was about?" George asked.

"I don't know. It's like she's become super secretive this year, and I don't like it."

"Maybe she has a boyfriend," Lee suggested shrugging his shoulders in the process. 

"No," Fred scrunched his nose up in disgust at the mere thought of someone asking her out. 

"If you have such a problem with it- why don't you just ask her? Better yet why don't you just ask her out?"

"It's complicated Lee. What if she doesn't feel the same way? Then I just made our whole friendship awkward."

"What if she does feel the same way? I mean think about all the times you've kissed!"

"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU KISSED?" Lee yelled- earning him a good amount of stares.

"It doesn't matter, remember back in our third year she said she liked someone else."

"That was two years ago mate," George said sending him a small smile. "Maybe she moved on and likes you now. Think about what she smelled today in her potion. She described you!"

Fred just shrugged clasping his hands together-staring at them. "I've liked her since our first year at Hogwarts. Maybe she still likes the guy maybe she doesn't but it doesn't matter since I'm not going to do anything about it. Now can we please just drop it?"  

George and Lee just sent a worry look at each other nodding. 

Meanwhile (y/n) finally made it up to the Ravenclaw tower clutching her chest as she tried to breathe. She hadn't realized how many stairs their were in this castle. 

"Thank the lord you're out already. I don't think I would be able to solve the riddle," (y/n) said with a laugh. 

"What?" Wren said frantically, looking around. "(y/n)?" He whispered. 

"Oh sorry," she said taking the invisibility cloak off of her. "I forgot you can't see me."

"That was wicked cool," Wren said with a smile as he got under. "So you have a crush on Fred?"

"Yeah."

A moment of silence before (y/n) realized what he asked. "Wait no, I mean ugh stop it Wren!"

"Why don't you just ask him out? You guys basically act like a couple."

"Because I don't know if he actually likes me like that, and I don't want to ruin our friendship." (Y/n) said turning her face so he couldn't see the blush that was forming. 

"Don't be stupid Carter. He is obviously in love with you! You don't kiss friends like that- don't give me that look I saw you at the party last night before Lee interrupted you." Wren said giving her a pointed look. 

"Well it doesn't matter because I'm not going to do anything that might jeopardize our friendship. If he wants to be with me then he can get the balls to ask me himself."

"Feisty you are tonight," he said with a laugh. "Don't you want to be with him?"

"Of course I do. I guess I'm just scared." (Y/n) said looking up at him as he gave her a warm smile. "Look we're here. Come on."

The walked up the rows of books before they entered the restriction section. "Alohomora." The restriction section was filled to the brim of books. (y/n) pulled the cloak off them as they looked around for anything that might help them.

"I think I found something," Wren said bringing a brown book closer to her. "It says to start the process we're going to need to know how to cast a patronus charm. Then we have to keep a mandrake leaf in our mouth for a month."

"A whole month? Great, how are we going to explain that to the twins or Lee? What else does it say?"

"Add a silver teaspoon of dew from a place that neither sunlight nor human feet have touched then we have to wait for a storm to pass while we place the tip of our wand to our heart and chant amato animo animato animagus."

"Well that sounds quite lovely," (y/n) said with a laugh. "I think I have a way to be able to learn the patronus charm. I can ask professor Lupin for help- tell him the dementors scare me or something which isn't a complete lie. I just don't know how we can get the mandrake leaf without getting caught by Professor Sprout. She guards those things with her life."

"Maybe you can ask your pretty boy Diggory to snatch one for us. Since you have all the boys swooning over you."

"Wren I will kill-" before she could finish her sentence a light entered the library. (Y/n) swore under her breath as she grabbed the cloak and swung it over herself and Wren. They tiptoed out of the library as Madam Pince walked in. 

(Y/n) held her breath as the turned the corner to see Professor Lupin and Snape talking. 

"Here- and don't think I'm doing this for you. It's only because Dumbledore asked me to," Snape said in disgust as he threw a potions bottle at him.

"I am forever thankful for that, but this isn't the only reason I called you out here. You've been a professor here the whole time (y/n) Carter has been in school. Tell me you don't see it?" Professor Lupin asked.

(Y/n) sent a confused look at Wren as they tried to inch closer to hear better. 

"Ah, you must be talking about the resemblance she bares to that of Amelia Potter? I did wonder myself."

"So is she?"

"You would like to know wouldn't you?" Snape spat out as he turned on his heels and walked away. Professor Lupin just shook his head and turned away leaving a very confused Wren and (y/n).

"Are you a Potter?" Wren asked.

"No, my parents were just muggles- died when I was only seven. I don't. I don't know."

"Okay, but how cool would it be if you were one!" Wren said in excitement. "I guess there would be just one real question."

"And what is that?"

"Who is your father?"

(Y/n) pondered for a minute as the nightmare that had haunted her for months came crashing back, and the once hooded figure stood outside her parent's grave whispering "You are not who you think you are."

A/N: THANK YOU for 10K! Your comments, votes, and reads mean so much to me. Especially the comments. I love reading all of them. You all have me laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. & I know the perfume that is lemon/grapefruit scent might be a little weird, but I bought this roomspray from Target and that's the scent and it is absolutely heavenly. Also, it's what I scripted that George Weasley will smell when I shift realities. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.1K 119
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚�...
110K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...
11.3K 293 30
"I hate your lips, I hate your voice, I hate the way you walk, I hate the way you say my name, I hate your beautiful face, I hate your pretty freckle...
96.9K 2.3K 36
[FINISHED ~ april 2th 2021] WARNING: currently editing! (Chapters 1 & 2 done) "𝗪𝗼𝘄, 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀... 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹." ...