The Dollhouse

Bởi JKLIZ161

"Perfection was all I ever strived for at a young age, and at a young age it was always easy for me to be...p... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1: First Encounters
Chapter 2: First Date
Chapter 3: Minor Surgery
Chapter 4: The Morning After
Chapter 5: After Date Gossip
Chapter 6: Our Day Apart
Chapter 7: Second Date
Chapter 8: An Unforgetable Night
Chapter 9: An Awkward Morning
Chapter 10: Hospital Visit
Chapter 11: The Incident
Chapter 12: Aftermath
Chapter 13: One Month Later
Chapter 14: Taken
Chapter 15: His Rules
Chapter 16: Welcome to the Dollhouse
Chapter 17: Revelations
Chapter 18: Goodnight, Sweetheart
Chapter 19: My First Week
Chapter 20: Everyone's Got a Past
Chapter 21: His For The Taking
Chapter 22: Defeat
Chapter 23: After The Storm
Chapter 24: Be A Good Girl
Chapter 26: Complacency
Chapter 27: Audrey
Chapter 28: Plotting and Planning
Chapter 29: Prelude to Escape
Chapter 30: Escape
Chapter 31: Black and Blue and No Hope For You
Chapter 32: Twenty-Four Days
Chapter 33: Surviving
Chapter 34: The Test
Chapter 35: Abby
Chapter 36: Reactions
Chapter 37: Plans
Chapter 38: The Fight
Chapter 39: Release
Chapter 40: Goodbye
Chapter 41: Fire
Chapter 42: The Hospital
Not An Update, Seeking Advice
Chapter 43: A Visit from the Detectives
Chapter 44: Epilogue
Book 2 Coming Soon???

Chapter 25: Laurel

2.7K 98 22
Bởi JKLIZ161

Not edited 🤪sorry!

Liam

I loved dinner with my dolls. We never had family dinners as a child. We didn't have that loving family bond. I typically ate alone with Hannah whatever the maids he whipped up for us. So, as I grew older, I made it a goal to always have family dinner. My dolls were my family, and I loved them. However, I hated tardiness.

Laurel knew this, which is why she was punished. I hated to punish my girls, but it was the only thing that kept them in line.

We ate dinner. Abby her typical self continually stone the conversation, always trying to steer the conversation to her. Trying to make me only focus on her.

We had been together for nearly 10 years now and I loved her, but I wasn't in love with her anymore. I was her whole world, which was what I had always wanted to be for someone, but it just felt so forced. I hated that she tried to control our love, especially when she knew I was the man and I should be in control, so I grew tired of her love over time. Nothing had changed in ten years. She was the same, slightly more jealous, but still the same as she was when we met at 16.  I just felt bored with the repetition of it all. I would never let her go though. Our bond was too strong, our trust too deep. She knew some of the deepest and darkest secrets and would never tell. Abby could leave if she wanted, but I know she never will. She loves me too much.

I direct my attention to Hannah, my dear little sister. I know she wants to leave, I know she desires more than this life, but I can't trust her to leave. Not after what happened with Audrey. My fist involuntarily clenches the knife I am carving my steak with as the thought of Audrey crosses my mind.

To distract myself, I look to Laurel. Poor, sweet Laurel. I can tell her body is hurting from her consequence. She is shifting ever so slightly from side to side hoping I won't see. She knows I don't like complaining after consequences so she's trying to hide it. I'll let it slide for now, but her barely eating I have a problem with. She did this every now and again when she was craving drugs. Nothing could fill her appetite, but the drugs she had once so dearly coveted.

— — —

Laurel and I met by chance. I was on my way home from a shift from the hospital when I spotted her, laughing on the pavement right outside of city limits, not moving.

I pulled over and stopped my car to go investigate. I waited for a moment, watching to see if she would move, but she did not.

I raced through the rain drenched obsidian street, letting the water pelt my scrubs as I made my way to her.

Upon seeing her it was apparent that a car had hit her. Wherever on purpose or by accident I was unsure. Her face was a wreck. Her nose clearly broken. Cheeks concaving in, shattered, fragment shells of what they once were. One eyes was completely swelled shut. Blood was strewn across her face and on the ground around her. I assumed she was dead.....she wants.

Moments later a gurgling splutter exuded from her mouth, pelting me in the face with a saliva and blood mixture.

I hurriedly bent down beside her and she moaned in pain.

"My name is Liam," I said slowly and clearly to her one pale blue bloodshot eye that was able to open. "I'm a doctor."

Her lips moved slightly, but produced no sound.

"I believe you were involved in a hit and run," I told her as I checked her pulse and began to closely visually inspect her wounds. "I'm going to lift you, my house isn't far from here. I'm going to help you."

Her head had the slightest shake back and forth, but I chose to ignore it.

I lifted her as gently as I could, she had fractured ribs no doubt.  I hauled her wet distorted body from the rough ground and into my arms and began to carry her to my car.

I placed her in the backseat and off we went towards home. It was wrong. I knew that. I should've called 911. I should've taken her to the hospital, I am a doctor after all. I don't know what drove me to place her in my car and take her to my home. There was just something itching in the back of my brain telling me to do it, but offering up no reason as to why I should.

We drove in silence other than the small whines of pain escaping her body as we drove along.

Finally, we arrived at our destination, my home.

I stepped out of the car and did the lock code on the gate quick as I could.

I hopped back into the car and pulled around the u-shaped driveway until I reached the front door.

The door immediately opened. Golden light like sunflowers  spilling from home and onto the darkness of the  night.

Abby stood in the opening smiling ear to ear, excited for me to finally be home. It was how she greeted me each day.

Hannah was no where to be found. No doubt angry with me for denying her entry into the outside world again.  Not after what she pulled last time I let her roam free.

Abby's face turned from an amused grin to a deep dark scowl as I got out of the car and made my way to the back door.

I pulled the girl from the seat and carried her in my arms toward the front door.

Abby rushed out. The rain instantly matting her once bouncy blonde locks.

"Who is this," she demanded.

"I don't know," I replied pushing past her and into the home.

Abby scurried after me like a lost puppy, eyes scanning every inch of the girl, looking for any sign she'd be a threat to her.

"Hannah," I shouted as I brought the girl into the dining room and laid her limp body on the antique table that had belonged to my grandmother, or so my mother had said.

Abby hovered next to me, eyes boring into my skull as she waited for me to give her the attention she wanted.

I began to rip off of the girl's thin black zip up hood. Mud and blood coming off it as I pulled it from her slender frame.

My eyes immediately noticed the needle marks riddling her body. A drug addict. Great, good job Liam, I thought, that itch inside me to take had been clearly wrong.

"Hannah," I roared. "Get down her now!"

"Watch her," I demanded to Abby who looked at me with a wide-eyed flabbergasted expression.

I ran back to my car and grabbed my medical bag. I kept it on me at all times, you never know when their would be an emergency.

"What," Hannah said as she sulked down the stairs towards me as I enter the house once more.

"Dining room, now," I ordered rushing back to the girl.

Abby stood over the girl, a disgusted grimace gracing her naturally beautiful face.

"Move," I demanded, shoving her away with my body, causing her to stagger a few steps towards the kitchen.

"What the hell is going on," Hannah asked as soon as she entered the room. Her eyebrows coming together like two fuzzy orange caterpillars to the center of her face.  "Did you hit her?"

"No," I responded beginning to take out my medical equipment. The girls eyes were now closed. I bent over to check if she was still breathing while taking her pulse. She was. Probably passed out from the pain.

"Then why is she here," Hannah questioned. "Why didn't you take her to the hospital?"

"Don't question me Hannah," I said jerking my head with such fierceness towards her, eyes black as dirt, causing her to take a step back in fear. "Just help me help her," I added more calmly as I began to cut her shirt from the bottom up to further assess her wounds.

I pulled it away from her body. Her body was already turning black and blue from Brussels, various cuts and scrapes ravaged her body blood still seeping from some of the wounds, but what stood out to me was her hollow stomach and protruding rib cage. She was malnourished for sure, the drugs perhaps, or possibly she was homeless.

My right side of my lip crept upward unbeknownst to me at the thought.

I tended to her wounds, the best I could without all the proper medical equipment. I flooded her body with pain medication as I reset her broken nose. It startled her away in screaming agony. Thank goodness there were no neighbors close enough to hear as I reset more bones, stitched together wounds, the one on her face Hannah and Abby held her down for. I worried my typical perfect non noticeable stitches would not be the case on this wound.  By the time I was finished, she had passed out again.

I pulled her gently from the table and carried her up to the spare room and placed her gently on the bed.

"Liam," Hannah whispered from the doorway. "What is your plan?"

I took the girls hand and attached it to the bed with a pair of handcuffs Abby and I frequently used in the bedroom. 

"She's wounded. She needs to stay here and rest," I simply replied.

"And when she's better," Hannah asked.

I turned to her and smiled a wide toothy grin. "When she's better she'll realize how much better her life will be here than out there.  Now let's leave her to rest," and with that I turned out the light and left the room.

The next morning, I awoke to her screaming. I rushed into the room, still shirtless from the night before, causing her blue eyes to widen with fear when she saw me.

Her voice came out high and hoarse as she asked me, "What am I doing here?  Who are you? Where am I?"

I strode over to the edge of the bed where he feet lay, causing her to try to scoot away from me but with the pain she felt she barely managed to move an inch.

"I'm Liam, I'm a doctor. You were hit by a car. I treated you wounds and brought you to my home to rest."

Her eyes shifted around uncomfortably throughout the room. "Why," she squeaked. "Why didn't we go to a hospital?"

I smiled lovingly at her. Even with the wounds covering her body, her emaciated frame, her bad habits and lifestyle I knew she was special. A perfect doll for me to mold.

"Trust me," I said placing my hand gently on her thigh, "You'll learn to love it here," I said as tears began to rim the outside of her eyes.

———

Laurel's transition to being my doll proved harder than I thought. After a few days of weening her off of the pain medication, the withdrawal set in. She threw up anything she ate, she was shaking, sweaty, crying all the time, but I met all of this with love. I tended to her wounds and to her addiction.

After a couple of weeks, she began to feel better, her wounds were healing, her addiction symptoms were becoming more manageable, and that was when she tried to escape.

I still to this day, don't know how she managed to escape the cuffs, but I heard her feet racing down the stairs and to the front door.

I left my bed, Abby reaching out to me to stop me, but I shook her off and raced after Laurel.

She had gotten the door open and had raced to the gate in the rain.

Her body was soaked and muddy by the time I reached her shivering seated figure in front of the gate.

"Let's go back inside," I called out calmly to her, but my fists were formed into rock solid boulders.

"Please, just let me leave. I appreciate everything you have done, but I want to leave, please," she begged.

"And go where," I asked my tone becoming gruff. "Laurel Lynn Sanders, ward of the state for many years. Jumped from foster home to foster home until she reached the age of 18. Dropped out of high school. Sold drugs and her body to feed her own addiction.  Homeless when I found you for two weeks after your druggy boyfriend decided to trade up for a newer less frail and cleaner model. So I ask again, Laurel, where would you go?  You can have everything here your heart would desire. A home. A family. Love. An education. A healthy lifestyle. All the things you thought you would never be able to achieve I can and I will give you and when I trust you we can return to the world together and you will be free to make those choices for yourself with me beside you. How does that sound," I asked holding my hand out to her.

I could see the wheels turning in her mind. I could see it shocked her as much as it did me when she took my hand and we walked back into the house together.

She was punished that night and a few others before she became grateful and accepting of her new life and was hardly punished again until tonight.

"Laurel, eat," I commanded.

"Yes dear," she said immediately taking bite after bite.

Finally, my attention shifted to Evelyn. My sweet newest most beautiful doll. She was a combination of all my dolls rolled into one. All the most perfect parts of them. All the things I covered in each. I sighed in content as I watched her brush her long black waves of hair off her shoulder, working so hard to ignore my gaze, but then succumbing to it and looking at me. I smiled at her. I had thought that Audrey had been my perfect doll, my soulmate, but I was wrong Evelyn was and always will be.

Here's an update finally! I know it's been a while. I've just been so unmotivated lately, so to show some appreciation to my devoted readers this is a long chapter for you!

What did you think of Laurel's past?

And who the hell is Audrey? Anyone curious????

Also anyone miss Evelyn in this chapter? It was an all Liam chapter.

How do you guys feel if I start adding some of the dolls points of view to some chapters. Yes or no?

As always let me know what you thinking by voting, commenting, and sharing!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

176K 5.5K 37
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...
74.5K 4.2K 96
Autumn Wraith took a step a 20-year-old shouldn't take. She was naïve for her own ruin. One wrong move, or should we say one wrong article? She write...
1.1M 26.1K 22
"I will chain you up and keep you in my bedroom forever. The only one who you will ever love is me. You are mine Ella and nobody, not even God can ch...
131K 2.6K 62
Avery is going for her normal morning run when she is taken by her stalker, Liam. He is "madly" in love with her, no one else can have her. The apple...