The Reincarnated Villainess W...

By Bleezei

Beatrix, villainess and social butterfly, gains the memories of a girl of another world. Unsatisfied with her... More

1 - Ruining the Condemnation Event
2 - The Agreement
3 - Welcome to the Summer Palace
4 - Heartbreak
5 - The Struggle for Happiness
6 - Drain
7 - Games of the Heart and Mind
8 - Eloping Princess

9 - Hunt The Villainess

3.7K 243 106
By Bleezei

Beatrix's point of view

I gaze out at the moonlight, softly humming one of the many odd songs that just appear in my head once in a while. Songs that belong to that woman, whose memories I got.

If I hadn't received her memories, then where would I be now?

Somewhere in the mountains in a monastery somewhere, crying my heart out that I didn't deserve what was coming for me? Would I deserve it?

That said, though I got her memories, I am still me in the end. I'm not quite a good heroine. Then again, my job is only to get in their way anyway, which I believe I have done quite splendidly.

Does someone like that deserve a happy ending?

Probably not.

While I don't know the details, knowing that Clovis has now twice been heartbroken enough to show up at my door, proves that my gamble worked. Delia, like a young fool, fell head first into all the obstacles I made for her. Something I excuse with the fact, that she's been flirting with my betrothed.

In the end, just because Delia gets a bad end, that doesn't mean mine will be any better.

Even if I win. What kind of victory will it be? He will probably be heartbroken for years. Even if he isn't, will he actually show any interest in me, or will he just accept that Delia doesn't belong in the royal court.

That's how that kind of works when the villainess does win, isn't it?

I jolt as I hear the front door open.

Clovis usually knocks.

I think back on Clovis' warning, and those guards of his I sent away. In the first place, no one really knows I'm here other than Clovis.

I glance to the window.

It couldn't be that Clovis ended up being right, right? To be honest it's more likely that it's Delia having found out I'm here, and now trying to sneak in nervously, thinking I'm a sort of vampire.

I grab the lantern, before heading out of the room to the hallway.

The front door closes again, but there's no call for me, not even a nervous 'hello'.

Could it be that Clovis is being annoying?

He did seem quite angry as he left last night. Did I push him too far?

I get to the stairs in the entry hall, looking down over the shining marble floor, shining in the moonlight. But I don't see anyone here.

Did they just peek in perhaps?

I narrow my eyes, looking over the place again, as a shadow suddenly moves from behind one of the statues, grabs my lantern, and lifts me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, getting a surprised yelp out of me, as my world is spun around. 

Seriously?!

"I'm certain I told you to bring some guards, Beatrix."

Ah-

"Clovis!"

I snap out his name, as he carries me and the lantern down the hall.

"Think of it as punishment."

I sigh and use my hands to push off against his back, so I'm at least not turned downwards.

"For what part exactly?"

He has an arm wrapped tightly around my thighs so it's not like I'm going to get free without falling down if I struggle.

"Specifically not getting any guards."

I sigh, just for that you had to get a scare out of me? I purse my lips a bit. Well, I do suppose he is entitled to that much. Maybe.

His voice isn't particularly warm or cold though. What is he doing here? He left yesterday without a word, so I thought he went back to Delia, with determination to make their relationship work.

At least he's making it fairly clear he's heading to my room.

When we finally get there, he kneels down, and puts me on the edge of the bed, surprisingly gentle compared to the rather rude pickup.

I correct my clothes, and brush my now unorderly hair over my shoulder, as I look down at him kneeling in front of me.

The power dynamic shifts, as he looks up at me with that blonde hair and green eyes filled with determination, and hints of worry.

"...what are you doing?"

I search his eyes, but he's not being grouchy, angry, or about to bust into tears.

"What about Delia?"

"She eloped."

Eh?

Eloped?

With who? When?

"With your brother, just before I went over here."

"What?! Why?"

"I played the bad guy, and once Maximillian confessed to her, that was about it. She didn't look back once."

I stare dumbstruck at him.

What happened to the main leads conquering all in the name of love?!

"Why that idiot brother of mine? Are you kidding?"

I stare at him in disbelief. He doesn't look like he's kidding. But then...

"Are you alright with that?"

I'm very honestly shocked with the outcome. Does this mean that everything turned out the way I planned?

Or just that he will now look at her longingly every time my brother visits?

Clovis gives me a weakened smile.

"I'm a fool. I'm not an idiot, Beatrix."

He take my hand in his, and just holds it, and looks at it for a moment.

"My heart broke when I saw her with Syrel. I convinced myself to forgive her, afraid of losing what was probably my first love. I convinced myself, that enduring the worry and suspicions I might have against her, would be better, than to attempt to fix the messed up situation between us."

He takes a deep breath.

"I'm an idiot. I'll admit that. I let it go on until both Delia and I could barely communicate anymore, and were just hurting each other... Until both of us were turning into someone different."

He looks bitter for a moment, and then composes himself.

"Thank you. For making me face what I didn't want... and for being there when my head was all messed up."

He gives me a small smile, but somehow I feel a bit guilty... Because I didn't only make him face it for his own good. I didn't have such pure intentions. I wanted both of them to be in pain... a bit.

Probably reading my dissatisfaction my face, makes him smile wider.

"I know you think of it as part of your little scheme, but for it to have been a proper scheme, you should have seduced me properly the first time my heart was broken. Not send me off with a sandwich or tell me about your so called devious plan the second time."

"Seducing you wouldn't have worked anyway," I respond with a huff.

"It would."

I cross my arms, taking my hand away from him and then look down at him, being all serious, as he insists I could have seduced him. If it was that easy, then there wouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

"Maybe for the night, and then you'd feel all guilty and beg Delia for forgiveness, because now you both failed... besides, I meant it when I said you looked unbearably sad."

He's quiet for a moment, and then gives a weak little smile. But his green eyes shine at me.

"You make as bad of a villain as I do."

I do not. I am prime villainess material you know.

"If you wanted that night, Beatrix, you could have made me give up the keys to the kingdom for a kiss and a soothing love. I don't think you should have, looking back at it... but you could."

He holds a hand out for me to take again, which I take, and he gently squeezes my palm. Well, again, of course I didn't. A guy without his mind made up won't actually give you any of his heart. Part of the goal here was also to actually improve my relationship with him, to get him to trust me.

"...That last one and a half week was a hell of my own device. A hell that slowly twisted love to spite... to be honest... I'm relieved that Delia is gone. Happily believing that she has done nothing wrong. The only sadness left in my heart, is in how easily it all fell apart."

Ah, well, puppy love does tend to do that... when not in stories. Besides, the two of them didn't actually know each other that well, or what they were getting into. This is especially why royalty don't marry for love. Because love has little say, in if the person is suited to the stress and political pressure of nobility and royalty.

"Which brings us to this then... how do I earn your forgiveness?"

I never did think I'd hear this question from him, but unlike what Clovis thinks, I do think he has suffered enough. Seeing a person torn down to the part that they flinch at the sound of the voice of their 'lover', doing everything they can to get them not to be angry... is humbling. I don't need him to be punished further.

I might be a villainess, but I don't step on those already on the ground... but-

Clovis' point of View

Beatrix's lips curl into a foxy, playful smile at my question, and I swear this mischievousness in her eyes gleams.

"Theeeeeen."

She looks like she's about to suggest something outrageous. She's either not taking me seriously, or she really doesn't care about the chaos I've made.

Unexpectedly, she crosses her legs in front of me, raising one of her delicate feet to my shoulder, while looking down at me haughtily.

"Why don't you kiss the top of my foot, and ask for that forgiveness?"

She's not taking me seriously, this bully. She's sitting there, only in her chemise, letting me anywhere near the hem of the dress and her bare skin. It's been less than a month since she bullied me for looking at her like she's a woman. But does she think of me as a man?

Or perhaps that's the point?

I shift enough, to take her ankle in my hand, and place a kiss on the top of her foot, as requested.

"Please, forgive me."

Her eyes and lips gleam with satisfaction, and hints of a blush colors her cheek. She's enjoying this too much.

"Then, I will forgive you."

With that I've really been forgiven then? ...I can play along with that...

I kiss her ankle this time, while keeping eye contact with her to gauge her reaction.

She looks bemused.

"Are you sure?" I confirm with her.

She reaches down, cupping my cheek in her hand, and then slides that hand down under my jaw before, more sensually than I think she realizes, grabs my chin.

"I already told you so, did I not, Clovis?"

I shudder at the way she calls my name.

Her honey eyes glazed with rather obvious excitement at having me underfoot. She really looks like a villain right now. If I call for help now, will a hero appear somewhere to save me?

I try to suppress a smile.

A soft finger brushes across my lips, and Beatrix watches me so intensely as she does this.

"Are you really alright, ending up with me, Clovis?"

The look in her eyes soften.

She asks that, after all of this, like she has actually ended up believing that she's a subpar choice.

Now that I think of it, Beatrix and I have been good at tearing each other down as well. Perhaps it's time to change that.

I gently take the hand, which finger is on my lip, and kiss the palm instead.

"If you think you can get away, by hiding the kind and playful self of yours away, you are mistaken. You've shown, and taught me, that I should press your boundaries more."

I pause to kiss the inside of her wrist.

"and try to see the sides of you, that you usually hide away."

She sneaks a fan from the side of the bed, and unfolds it to cover her lips and cheeks from my gaze... but I can see her eyes glance to the side.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was a bit overwhelmed.

It takes a moment before she looks back at me.

"When did you last kiss Delia on the lips?"

Temporarily thrown off, I end up thinking back. When did I last kiss her lips?

...

..

.

I- probably haven't kissed her lips since the incident with Syrel.

What about before that?

"Probably... not since we entered the summer palace..." I state a bit dumbfounded at myself. 

Have I really not kissed her lips after that?

The mood wasn't just really there-

Beatrix grabs me by the jaw again, and puts away her fan, while looking at me intensely.

"If you kiss me that little, I'll believe you're angry with me."

I feel my cheeks heat up, and if it wasn't because she had my jaw in her hand, it probably would've dropped in shock of the bluntness coming out of her.

She lets go, and then gives a little huff. Then looks at her fingers like she's counting.

"I'll have you promise to give me a kiss at least... every two weeks, unless it is not physically possible."

"You want me to promise to remember to kiss you?" Am I hearing this correctly?

She looks down to me, her cheeks a bit red, as I accidentally make her repeat herself.

"...You don't have to, if you won't want, and it can be a kiss on the cheek too."

I lean my head to the side. That's... not the issue here. Have you really forgiven me?

"Starting when?"

She looks like she's thinking for a while, but keeps casting glances at me, like she's hesitating to say what exactly she wants of me, but every gaze of hers is making me blush a bit too.

"Beatrix, are you seducing me right now?"

She straightens up, trying to look down at me haughtily, but then she deflates a bit as I don't react immediately, and smiles a bit nervously.

"Doesn't work? I thought I was doing quite well for a beginner."

...This just isn't fair anymore...

I stand up, and in a swift move grab her arm, using it to pull her up in my arms with a little twirl, so her back ends up against my chest. I pull her into a tight hug, with my lips by the tips of her ears.

"No no, you're doing too well... putting me in a hard spot... but... since you're seducing me and being so very forgiving, I might as well take a little bite."

"A bit of what?!"

She twists a bit in my arms, as I nibble her ear, just to get a reaction out of her, nervously pushing the borders... and the squeak of surprise that comes out of her nearly has me in stitches, with how cute it is.

"Clovis!"

She doesn't usually use my name.

I start kissing down her neck instead, and the tone of her voice softens.

"Wait- why?"

"Why? After admitting you tried to seduce me?" I whisper against her ears, and they're deep red.

I put my head against the back of her neck.

Let's stop here. If I don't, this will turn to something else than just playing back. I let her go, and she turns to look at me, somewhat pouty lipped, and beet red, as she holds over where I nibbled on her ear.

"I didn't peg you for the type of a bully, your highness."

She's pouty, so she's using my title again. She tries to regain her composure... but despite those words, I still see her cheeks flush redder when her eyes move to me again.

"I think you're bring the worst of that out in me, Beatrix," is the only thing I can respond to that. I have no intention of apologizing, with the way she's stealing glances at me right now. It's making my head spin.

"I suppose I'll have to ask for forgiveness."

Often.

I step closer, and bring my face closer to hers.

"I'll give you all the kisses you wish for, Bea."

She turns redder again, but also more stubborn, as her lips curl into a playfully cruel smile, seeming happy as I refer to both her wish on how to ask for forgiveness, and the request for kisses.

"Then, get on your knees again-"

I laugh softly. I'll make a mental note of this.

"Ara, I wasn't joking."

Beatrix grabs me by the shirt, and pushes me down on the bed behind her, so I'm sitting and she stands leaning above me.

She puts her arms on my shoulders, and looks into my eyes. The blonde waves of her hair cascading down over us. Her lips so close to mine, that I can feel her breath against my lips. Who was a beginner again?

"Kiss me," she whispers softly.

"...Are you sure?" I hesitate.

"Kiss me, Clovis," she orders this time, making me gulp nervously, as I lean up properly, and press my lips against hers.

The warmth of her lips, making me aware that my heart is hammering in my chest... and then my foolish heart leaps, as she kisses me back and cups my cheeks with her hands in a breathless kiss that sends my heads spinning.

When she finally pulls back, she playfully wraps my lower lip in hers, tugging at it sensually.

I'm bitten. Figuratively.

Beatrix's point of view

I stare down at Clovis' half naked chiseled body sprawled over my bed, and I feel my cheeks heat with shame.

He's the first prince, and the main target of the heroine. Of course he's going to be  needlessly handsome. I thought I was relatively immune to it after growing up with him, with his bad attitude. But I suppose, that it's different when he comes at you while having only you in his eyes, specifically targeting where he can get a reaction out of you.

I didn't actually think he'd comply with kissing the top of my foot, I was just being a little asinine, and was going to tell him no forgiveness was needed... so I got a little high on... the feeling of success? And then he started teasing, and trying to take back control, so I had to-

I stop myself.

There's no excuse.

He's sleeping quite heavily again, unguarded.

Just how much did we end up kissing yesterday?

I brush over my own lips thinking back on it, still feeling a bit like I'm in a dream.

Thinking back on it makes me fear a nose bleed. I got a little too excited.

He did eventually put a finger to my lips, put of breath, almost begging me to let him calm down a bit.

I grin to myself.

I did. Of course.

Boundaries are important, and Clovis has things to work through as well.

I move off the bed, and start getting ready for a day filled with meetings. I supposed that, as I am now back in his good graces, I will have to resume my usual duties.

I do not mind them though.

Bit by bit I return to the official self. The cinched in waist, the long, big dress covering anything of interest from view. Of course, however, the deep front cut demanded by current fashion, I suppose leave men plentily distracted from what is hidden.

I look in the mirror, comparing myself to Delia for a moment.

I'd never be able to pull off her sweet innocent look... but, it's not like I need it anyway. Embrace your own charm, and your own traits. You don't have to be an innocent heroine.

I stand up and walk to the bed where Clovis is still sleeping. How should I wake him up this time?

I lean over him, debating my options, when disappointingly, he looks up at me, his lips curling into a smile.

"Leaning in for a good morning kiss already?"

"Do I get one if I were to say yes?"

He laughs softly.

I don't think my antiques have made him laugh like this before. Always only sigh.

He actually does lean up and press our lips together. His lips still warm and soft.

A couple months later
Bystander / Gossiper / reporter's Point of View

The first ball after the crown prince returns from the summer palace, and the drama is at it's height already.

His highness, who attended the graduation ball with Miss Delia, attends this time once more with Lady Beatrix, with Delia nowhere in sight!

Rumors go that she has Delia buried in a ditch somewhere.

And the opposition? Looking furiously bitter!

This will be perfect for the ladies' gossip back home. The fights and bouts over the place at his highness' side, is always a hot topic. Especially as the betrothed Lady Beatrix has no affection from his highness.

I sneak a small note book from the dress pocket, and sketch out the bitterness of the rivals.

That said, his highness seems less chipper than usual... No... more that he's grown up a bit and become a little more regal.

I sketch that down as well. Pictures of the first prince sell well, and this new vibe suits him.

A younger subordinate of the opposition is sent off to test the waters! 

She goes up to his highness, looking at him with big doe like eyes. She does, without doubt, remind you of Delia! That sweet country girl vibe the guys can't keep their eyes off recently.

And Beatrix?

She looks perfectly miffed as she approaches our challenger, glancing to the opposition like she's saying she's tired of this.

Will this turn into another scandal of Beatrix publicly humiliating another girl?

His highness is already separating himself from the situation, seeing what's coming... is what I thought, but he approaches Beatrix!

Is he finally gonna put a stop to the verbal exe- cutions...

I almost drop both pen and notebook, as his highness Clovis leans down and kisses Lady Beatrix's cheek, in public, and that glare of hers turns shy and almost innocent with surprise.

...

I need to draw this.

This won't just be gossip material, this would sell!

I've never seen Lady Beatrix look surprised before.

A complete loss of poker face!

I wish the moment could last longer, so I could draw it in more detail, but the moments just after are precious as well.

How his highness leaves, with a little smile on his lips, and how Lady Beatrix unfolds her fan with her usual snap, but actually fans herself, while trying to hide her own smile, and then rather visibly gloats at the opposition, while blushing!

The battle is decided by his highness, causing an automatic win for Lady Beatrix!

I hold in a laugh, as I glance back to his highness Clovis. He's watching her gloating with a small knowing smile from afar. I think he finally figured out how to deal with Lady Beatrix...

I close the note book.

High society will be boring now where you actually support her, your highness... but look, how immensely happy and proud she is, just from a little kiss on the cheek.

I guess the villainess of high society ended up somehow winning. I want to ask how, but I don't think that anyone that knows would dare to tell.

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

810K 30K 31
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** After my death, I'm grat...
491 50 8
Eunice Louisiana Alvarez, a 20 year old girl who had no friends even though she was already in senior high school. Her classmates prefer her as the n...
5.7M 303K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...
171K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...