Inverted and switched

By RavenWithAKnife

Honestly, this is the last thing these two expected. Bakugou had just been doing his hardest to become a hero... More

Training
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Q&A
Chapter 18
A/N!?!?!
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Help
🥳🎉Happy birthday to meeeee🎉🥳
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
GOODBYE YALL (AN IMPORTANT)

Chapter 26

1.4K 71 43
By RavenWithAKnife

Mina awoke with a jolt, smiling when she saw that the room she currently lay is hers, not belonging to the inverted reality.

She turned off the annoying beeping of the alarm clock, messily putting her clothes on. She paused when she saw quirk-suppressing bracelets, but continued on. A part of her began to worry if the other her had hurt a friend.

She walked out of the door, seeing Iida starting down the hallway. "Hello Mina." He gave a formal bow that made the pink-skinned girl snort, amused.

"No need to be so formal prez." She laughed. Iida looked up at her, startled by her joyous tone. "Ha! Don't be so surprised. I'm back and I'm here to stay! Though I do need to give a certain inverted katsuki a piece of my mind." She muttered the last part, Iida unable to hear.

She spun on her heel and walked down the hall, waving to her friends who sat at the table.

They looked at her, freezing a moment before leaping with joy and surrounding her in a hug. They knew it was her. The way she talked and held herself was enough of a clue to prove that she was theirs.

"You back!" Kaminari cried, dramatically crying as he hugged, sniffling grossly. She let out a laugh, only now realizing just how much she had missed everyone. "Ew! Denki! Your getting your snot all over me."

A minute later, after everyone was downstairs after hearing the good news and after they had calmed down, did the questions start.

"What was it like?"

"Is Kacchan ok!?"

"Please don't ever leave again!"

"Look how I sparkle. Surely I must sparkle in both realities?"

But Mina wasn't focused on them, no. She zeroed in on a certain blond-headed male. Spiky hair covered crimson eyes, his posture guarded.

"This doesn't make any sense. If Kacchan was switched first, shouldn't he be the first switched back as well?"

Mina looked towards Midoriya who was deep in though. Only when Uraraka snapped her fingers in his face did he look to Mina with a wary and concerned expression.

Everyone thought about this. Mina just kept an eye focused on Bakugou. She didn't miss his smal flinch, nor did she miss the way he took a step back.

"Did you find anything out while you were over there?" Shouji asked, following her gaze to Bakugou.

"Yea. Yea I did. Hey Bakugou, why didn't you switch back when you were given the chance?"

Guilt pricked at her for putting him in the spotlight. She felt bad for doing so, truly she did. But if she had confronted him on his own he would have ran away or dodge the question.

Bakugou shrunk in on himself, tensing beneath the gazes. Just when things had finally started to get better, this happened. Of course.

Everyone, well mostly everyone, looked startled. There was the few who had suspected this. Maybe not exactly, but they had an inkling that this Bakugou did not want to return.

"You could have switched back? Why didn't you?" Todoroki's eyes narrowed at him, gaze judging.

"Well um- uh-" Bakugou was shaking now. "I-it's just that everyone h-here is s-so ni-nice, and e-everyone at h-home was s-so... n-not. I w-was not we-welcomed there."

"So you think that means that you can trap an innocent soul into your place." Tokoyami said coldly. He missed Bakugou just as much as everyone here, and he too was affected by his absence. Their Bakugou would help dark shadow build more resistance to light, with an occasional blast. It may look like Bakugou had been just bullying him, but there was never any heat behind the bright flashes. And slowly but surely, dark shadow no longer shrunk underneath the light of a flashlight.

Anger boiled in Bakugou's blood. He was tired of this! First everything was fine, everything was amazing! But then his Mina had shown up and ruined everything! And now this Mina! His classmates gazes were dissapointed and mad and upset, and it made him feel guilty and gross and mad.

It made him feel like a villain.

"No! W-Well yes! But- I-" he was running out of words, and he didn't want to pry into the bubbling anger that threatened to spill. But he was tired and upset.

"Yes! Ok! I-I didn't- I don't want to go back! That place was my hell an-and I can't go back. If everything is inverted that means that he belongs there!" This is the wrong thing to say as the class shifts, a deep and dark anger setting over them. Bakugou did not notice the change amongst his tears. "I don't want to be a villain! I-I want to help people and save people but I can't do that there! It's not like anyone misses me! They're probably glad I'm gone! Celebrating, even! They don't care about me, they never have and they never will!-" he wanted to say more, but he figured that was enough. He said what he said and now he was left with little energy to continue.

"That's not true. Everyone wants you to go back. They thought they were helping you-"

"Bullshit!" It took all his strength not to start laughing maniacally. Seriously? Did she really expect him to believe that?

"It's true! And right now they're all changing to make you feel more welcomed! Ayoama, todoroki, Kaminari, Shinsou, Midoriya-"

This made Bakugou bark out a laugh. "Midoriya doesn't care about shit! He's manipulative and cunning and dangerous! You can't believe that I would fall for that."

"But what if they are, man. Can't you just consider the possibility that maybe they're trying to be more manly?"

Bakugou clenched his fist, and he thought, just for a brief moment, what it would be like if they were trying to change. But he pushed that wish away, there's no use in dreaming for the impossible.

He shook his head. "You don't know them like I do." It came out weak and tired, just like he felt.

Iida, finally snapping out of his daze, yelled "I'll go get Aizawa." Before running off without a response.

Bakugou paled. They were going to force him to go back. And he knew what would happen. And it scared him. If he had just gone back when he had gotten the chance perhaps he could have lived, but no. When he got back he knew he would be dead.

The longer he refused to return, the worse it was sure to get. But he's already assuming death, what could be worst? So, he will stay for as long as he needs.

He knew he couldn't stay at this school any longer, the teachers were coming and they would send him back. He didn't have anywhere to stay, his parents here probably want their Katsuki as well.

Only now did he feel the atmosphere. He looked up, coming face to face with the many glares of his classmates.

Sero moved forwards, anger twisting his face. "How dare you call Katsuki a villain! He's a great hero and he's more than you ever be!"

Kirishima tan forwards, grabbing his friends arm to hold him back. Tears glistened the black-head's eyes. And kirishima could sympathize, they all knew that Bakugou was insecure about wether he was a hero or not. He often called himself a villain as he broke down after the sports festival, after the test where he had to fight allmight, and after the forest training camp.

But the class knew that Bakugou was the farthest thing from a villain now. Maybe towards the beginning of the year, when a murderous intent lingered in his gaze. But not now. Now, he would die for anyone in trouble. He had changed for the better, and he was apart of the class 1-A family.

The bakusquad was the closest to the brash teen, they knew more about him and understood him in ways than had surprised not only the class but the teachers as well. They were his equals, and he trusted them.

They knew he had nightmares where he was standing over the dead body of one of them. They knew he always had to focus, always had to be aware as to not make any explosions. And they knew he would always be there for any of them. He was the... mother, you could say, of the group.

Despite the squad being full of idiots, Sero and Bakugou were the smartest. Bakugou had the intelligence that some of them lacked as well as the brute strength to protect. Sero knew how to stay calm and and cope with whatever challenge thrown their way. He could speak bakugou's thoughts when the ash-blond couldn't say what he needed without a bucket load of curses and yelling.

So now, hearing this inverted Bakugou call his katsuki a villain, could you really blame him? He tried to calm himself but it was no use, he wasn't just mad. He was pissed.

The rest of the bakusquad was right besides him to. They were not happy, and downright angry. They wanted to beat this Bakugou to a pulp and scream that katsuki would be the fucking #1 hero. But they didn't, all they did was glare. What if katsuki came back to a bruised and broken body? They wouldn't forgive themselves.

The teachers were drawing near, Iida would be back soon with the faculty by his side. But right now, they could only wait. No guilt arose when this Bakugou's breathing started to quicken. Mina might be the only one who felt a little bad, and she had seen what he dealt with on the daily. But she knew he would not be in danger when he returned.

Katsuki swallowed hard, weighing his options. They technically still needed to find who had done this, so it was possible they couldn't send him back. But how long would he have until they did find the villain?

He didn't want to find out. Finally settling on a solution, one he didn't particularly like, but he was high in fear and adrenaline. He put his hands out, the palms were roughe and drenched in sweat.

A small spark was all it took, a large explosion, one that was uncontrolled, large and loud and hot. It shook the building, katsuki faintly heard bodies being thrusted in objects and faint screams, but he was busy getting up off of the ground and running.

His hands stung, when he looked down he saw a bright red color. He panicked and another explosion flew, not as large but still painful. It flew him through a window, the glass tearing at his clothes and leaving a few cuts

He landed on the ground with a roll. He might have been in pain but he couldn't tell. He bolted the moment he could, running through the gate. He heard a loud 'CLANG' behind him and risked a glance to see it was closed. His heart skipped a beat at the thought of it crushing him.

He ran down the road, skidding into a dark alleyway, slumping down the wall. He held his knees to his chest, muffled sobs escaping him. He feared the future and the present and the past. Why couldn't he just go 24 hours without having to fear something? Be it his own thoughts or realities seemingly strong hatred for him.

He was overtaken by a dark forced, falling unconscious. He barely registered the small gasp before completely blacking out.

Wow! Almost 2000 words! :O. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this! I feel the characters might be a bit off, but I havnt continued writing this for awhile.

What do you think will happen next?

Will the Katsuki's return home? Will inverted Bakugou die in a dark alleyway? And once again, who the hell switched Bakugou with his inverted self!?

Anyway! Hope you enjoyed! Have a lovely day! :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 8K 37
Just when Midoriya Izuku was forced to leave his friends to defeat the villains, he travelled two years back in time, when he was still in middle sch...
235K 6.1K 36
when a strange portal opens one night under your bed as you sleep soundly in the comfort of your own room. everything changes the friends your brothe...
D.E.K.U. By Kelly

Fanfiction

657K 30.1K 48
Izuku Midoriya is a small and vulnerable quirkless boy, someone that needs to be protected from bullies and all the other dangers of the world. At le...
178K 4.8K 15
Midoriya practically begged me to switch dorms... "Please Todoroki, I've put up with Kacchan too long , I think I might be going crazy!" The helpless...