Together (A Harry Potter love...

By arianaxoxo1234

Millie Donovan's Hogwarts adventure continues here in her third year at Hogwarts, when she finally realises h... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64

30

5K 162 59
By arianaxoxo1234

MILLIES POV

"SO YOU JUMPED ON HIM?"

That evening I found myself in the dormitory with Lavender, Parvati and Mione, all of us beginning to get ready for the party. I had been with Elwood and Lyra all day in the library, hiding from Professor McGonagall, who had sent multiple students to let me know that she was looking for me. Every time this happened, I had thanked them and completely ignored their words.

I had just told the girls what had happened with Snape. Lavender and Parvati were now gaping at me, while Mione stayed completely blank.

"Well, I panicked," I said truthfully, laying my dress out on my bed to avoid any wrinkles or crumples. I admired it for a moment, before grabbing the ring Harry had bought me and preparing it next to the dress.

"Bloody hell," Lavender breathed, shaking her head at me from her seat in front of the mirror. "I'm surprised you weren't expelled!"

"I think deep down Snape knew I technically hadn't done anything wrong," I said, snatching the towel from my bedside table. "And anyway, I still got three months of detention, I think that's enough punishment."

Parvati and Lavender giggled, Parvati saying, "How do you do it, Millie?"

I frowned, taking my hair out of its messy bun. "Do what?"

"Do you," Parvati said, laughing. "I mean, how did you have the bravery to do that?

"And when you came to breakfast after," Lavender continued, pausing from brushing her hair, "you still looked stunning, even after rolling around on the floor!"

My cheeks turned pink as I smiled gratefully at the two girls. "Thank you," I said quietly, "but so are you two, you just don't know it, that's the difference. Parvati, I bet you don't see how all the first-years goggle at you every morning as you walk in, like you're their biggest role model. They look up to you, Parv! That's amazing! And Lavender, I so wish I was as clever as you. Even in Divination, the real reason I don't try that hard, is because, well,-" I cleared my throat timidly, "-because I can't do it. You are two of the prettiest witches I have ever seen, I just wish you could see it, too." I glanced at the third girl, who was watching silently. "And you, Mione."

Parvati sighed happily. "Oh, Millie..." She ran over and did exactly what I had done to Snape, knocking me over onto my bed, just missing my dress; only this time, Parvati hugged me tightly. Lavender blew me a kiss, turning back to the mirror and looking at herself with a new-found confidence. "I love you," Parvati said, pushing herself off of me and jumping up and down. "Come on, Lav, I need to go and grab my straighteners from Padma's dormitory." Lavender squealed, following her best friend out of the room.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, propping myself onto my elbows.

"Do you really think that?" Mione said finally, not meeting my eyes.

"Yes," I said at once, furrowing my eyebrows. "Do you?"

"Of course I do," she snapped, before softening her gaze and looking at me. "Sorry-"

"Don't worry," I said quickly, not wanting to cause annother argument. "Erm - I'm going to have a shower..."

"Right," Mione whispered, standing up and taking Lavender's place at the mirror.

I took an extra long shower, soaking in the hot water. I took extra care washing my hair with my strawberry-scented shampoo, making sure the rest of my body was completely clean and soft. My stomach was lined with small grazes, obviously from where I had chucked myself away from Snape.

"Git," I grumbled, grabbing the soap and scrubbing hard.

I got out around forty-minutes later, wrapping the towel around my hair and slipping on a bathrobe. I opened the door to find Lavender decked in a beautiful navy dress that massively suited her. She was now sitting in front of the vanity mirror, while Mione did her hair in curls. Mione was wearing a gorgeous champagne-coloured dress that was floor-length and hugged her figure perfectly.

"You both look stunning," I said, as Parvati took her turn in the bathroom.

"Thank you!" Lavender squealed, jumping up and giving me a spin. "Now get over here, Hermione'll said she'll do your hair and makeup!"

I raised my eyebrows at Mione, who sent me a small smile. I finally shrugged, sliding onto the stool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sighed. "No, not Elmwood Mac. Elwood Mac."

The second-year Hufflepuff boy tilted his head. "What do you want him for?"

"Oh, we're off to have tea in the forbidden forest with a few werewolves," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes as the boy gasped. "Of course we aren't - I'm meeting him for the New Years party, you know, third-years and above?"

"Oh, yeah," the Hufflepuff said, suddenly looking depressed. "I wish I could go to the party..."

"Mmm, well, said party starts in fifteen minutes, so if you wouldn't mind..." I gestured to the entrance of the Hufflepuff common room.

"Oh, sure," the boy mumbled dramatically. "S'not like I've got anything better to do..."

I bit my lip, before groaning loudly. "Listen, the teachers will've had too many drinks to function by midnight, sneak in then if you have too!"

The hufflepuff's jaw dropped, letting out a loud, over-joyed scream. "Thank you! Thank you!"

"You're welcome," I said, laughing slightly, "now please go and get-"

"Of course," said the Hufflepuff, in a much happier tone than earlier; he practically skipped past the stack of barrels, which I deeply suspected hid the entrance to their common room.

Less than five minutes later, a scruffy-looking Elwood appeared from behind the barrels, wearing an oversized hoodie and tracksuit bottoms.

"What're you doing?" I exclaimed, looking him up and down. "I thought you said you were coming to the party?"

"Look at you, all dressed up," said Elwood, smiling at me. "You're like a demon - angel on the outside, devil on the in. And I didn't actually say anything about coming to the party earlier! I just listened to you and Lyra talking about it for hours."

"Okay, firstly, thank you," I began, twirling around so that the dress revealed my white trainers. "Secondly-"

"Only you would wear trainers with a dress like that," Elwood interrupted, snorting.

I ignored him. "Secondly - I'm not like a demon, I am a demon, and to put it straight, I'm proud of it."

Elwood nodded, watching me in amusement.

"And thirdly, the party starts soon, don't be boring!"

"Nope," he said, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "You go and have fun. I would rather read..."

His voice was drowned out by loud voices coming from up the corridor. Lyra came into view first, wearing a stunning shoulder-less green dress, that had a black belt around the waist. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a stylish low ponytail, that was resting on her shoulder. I grinned - the Hogwarts boys would be tripping over themselves tonight.

The boy next to her looked very handsome; Austin Hampton was wearing blue jeans and a grey shirt, his jet-black hair gelled back into a quiff. I glanced out of the corner of my eye to see Elwood standing there with his jaw practically on the floor.

"Millie!" Lyra breathed, running up to me and grabbing my hands. "You look absolutely beautiful!"

"So do you, Ly," I said, making her spin around under my arm.

"Miss Millie," Austin greeted, sending me a wink; I could see why Elwood liked him, he was indeed very handsome and a gentleman. "You look very pretty."

"Thank you, Mr Austin," I replied smoothly. "You clean up nicely, too."

"Thanks," he chuckled, before turning to a bright-red Elwood. "Hi, Elwood," he said quietly, rubbing the back off his neck.

"Hello, A-Austin," Elwood stuttered, brushing his jumper down. "I was just going to get ready for the party. I - er - fell asleep."

"Oh, brilliant," Austin exclaimed, clapping his hands together happily. "Well, I can wait for you here, if you like. You girls go on, I'm sure you'll want to make a grand entrance of some sort."

"Yes, you're right," I said, while Lyra giggled. "See you in a bit." I sent Elwood a smug look, who shook his head at my antics, before disappearing back behind the stack of barrels.

"He wasn't coming, was he," Lyra whispered, as we walked away.

"Not until Austin showed up, no."

We high-fived each other in victory.

~~~~~~~~~~~

HARRYS POV

"Tiffany Carter's looking at you again."

"Who?" I said absentmindedly, glancing at Dean. He groaned.

"One of fifty girls that are staring at you right now! What're you waiting for? Go talk to them!"

"I'm waiting for Millie," I said, running my hand through my hair. "Where is she?"

"That's the seventh time you've asked that in the last five minutes," said Dean, who was staring at a blonde fourth-year girl wearing a tight, pink dress. "She'll be here soon - knowing Millie, she probably wanted to be late on purpose."

I grumbled under my breath, leaning against the wall and taking the time to look around the hall. The teachers had outdone themselves; I genuinely felt like I was at a nightclub. All the Christmas trees that had been here yesterday had disappeared, now replaced with magical party decorations, saying things like '1993-1994' and 'Happy New Year!' The enchanted ceiling was now flashing multicoloured, brightening and darkening the room over and over again. Music blared from floating speakers positioned in each corner, and the teachers table had been replaced by a long food and drinks table, which Fred and George had gone too instantly. I smirked, thinking about the fire whiskey they had hidden under their jackets. Hundreds of dressed-up students and staff stood in the hall, all talking excitedly.

My ears perked at the sound of students echoing their greetings. "Who is it?" I said lazily, glancing at the boys - they were all staring in the same direction. I rolled my eyes, my mind only on my girlfriend.

"Bloody hell," came Dean's voice.

"She's so hot," Seamus breathed.

Ron gulped. "Harry, I recommend you look at this."

I followed his gaze. "Wha-" I felt all the air rush out of me.

There stood Millie Donovan looking as she always did. Beautiful, confident, and a bright smile that lit up her already glowing features. Her dress was a deep red that brought out her tanned skin, flowing all the way to the floor. Her usually straight brunette hair was curled loosely at the ends, falling past her shoulders beautifully.

She was perfect.

"Well, see you," I said, pushing past the boys and walking to the front of the Hall to greet Millie.

"Lookin' good, Donovan!" a boy called, starting off the shouts of compliments towards Millie Donovan, along with a few annoyed ones.

"Stop staring, Ryan!"

For once in my life, I ignored every single one of them, my attention fixed solely on one person. Millie's mesmerising hazel eyes landed on me as I reached her, and her already-wide smile instantly grew.

"Hello, Potter," she greeted, curtsying playfully. "You look very handsome."

I smirked, glancing down at myself; I was wearing black jeans with a white shirt. I looked as though I was about to get married or something, but I wasn't the only one; almost every boy in the Hall was wearing a suit.

I bowed. "Thank you m'lady," I said, extending my hand out in front of me. "You look beautiful, Mills, you really do."

She smiled that gorgeous smile of hers, sliding her hand into mine.

"Ly, this is Harry, Harry, this is Lyra," said Millie, and I finally tore my eyes away from my girlfriend and looked beside her, where a tall, blonde-haired girl was standing. I hadn't even noticed her before.

"Nice to meet you, Lyra," I said, while wrapping my spare arm around Millie's shoulders; I couldn't keep my eyes off her. Her beauty was off-the-scale; of course the exterior, because anyone with eyes could clearly see how gorgeous she was, but also her interior. It was her kind-hearted soul and her ability to make others so happy that made her beautiful. It was her strong heart and how she was a brave fighter that made her beautiful. Millie Donovan was so goddamned beautiful and I couldn't help but stare.

"You too," Lyra replied warmly, forcing my attention back to her. "I see what Millie was raving about."

My lips curved into a small smirk as I looked down at the brunette, where her cheeks had turned a light shade of pink.

"Lyra!" she hissed, rolling her eyes as she met mine, biting her lip - god, I love it when she does that.

"Mmm, well, I hate to ruin this little love fest," Lyra said casually, peering behind us, "but McGonagall is heading our way-"

As soon as the name 'McGonagall' had left Lyra's mouth, Millie had spun around on her heel. I did the same, turning to see Professor McGonagall slowly making her way through the crowd, her beady eyes, like so many others in the hall, were fixed on Millie.

"Crap," she mumbled, leaning up, her soft lips brushing against my cheek. "I'll be back in a bit, okay? I'll explain later..."

And she was gone, her red dress whipping around the corner of the doors. I stared fondly in the direction she had just left, a small smile tugging at my lips.

"You're a lucky man, you know that, don't you?"

Elwood appeared at my side, accompanied by a blonde boy I recognised as Austin Hampton; both of their cheeks looked suspiciously red.

"'Course I do," I said, returning my gaze back to the doors. It was true - I was not only dating my best friend, but also dating the best girl at Hogwarts.

"Potter!"

Professor McGonagall had finally made it to us, glancing wildly around.

"Where is she?" she demanded, placing a hand on my shoulder and moving me gently out of the way. "Where is Miss Donovan?"

"Professor McGonagall," I greeted, sending her a grin. "You're looking gorgeous tonight."

The teacher sighed, her eyes landing on me. "You're so much like your father sometimes."

My heart panged at the mention of my dad, and thoughts of Sirius Black flooded into my mind. Only this time, I didn't start shouting, because I knew I wasn't alone. Millie and I were in it, whatever it was, together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 211 18
It was a classic love story between Lily Evans and James Potter. They met, eventually fell in love, got married and came to have two beautiful little...
163K 4.8K 57
As Millie returns to Hogwarts for her fourth year, will she finally fall for Harry Potter's flirtatious charms, or will another certain someone get i...
4.7K 199 12
I suck at writing summaries I apologise in advance. Based off the movies not books! Y/N is a Weasley, and a twin. Ronald's twin. Going back to Hogwar...
320K 9.7K 61
"You're an idiot, Harry Potter." Join Millie Donovan in her second year at hogwarts, where she discovers how powerful she truly is, and develops her...