The "Ex" Commander (Male "She...

By BetterBeWothIt

Warning! There will be lemons! But you already knew that I mean come on! It's Mass Effect! Also all Character... More

Chapter 2 Dead Air
Chapter 3 Twisted Enhancements
Chapter 4 A Grinning Devil
Chapter 5 Bad News
Chapter 6 Duel in The Cort of Fools
Chapter 7 Old Wound's Reopened

Chapter 1 The Case

10K 139 132
By BetterBeWothIt

Chibi A/N: So is the reader Renegade or Paragon?

A/N: Neither, That system was way too black and white for my taste, even if Renegade is the badass option and the Paragon option being the one Bioware wants you to pick, Also they're going to act a bit different because of that change.

Chibi A/N: Fear enough. Are their Furries in this Book?

A/N: Nope, None.

Chibi A/N: *Looks at him in Disbelief* Right... What about OC's?

A/N: A few, but they won't clutter up the Harem roster.

Chibi A/N: Ok what the hell is going on!? You usually stick something in here!

A/N: You'd be right as I do like to put a spin on things, The story of Mass Effect was good and thought out at least until the end, but I will be deviating from the norm to make something different as I don't want to Directly copy too much from the story of the games, especially the end of Mass Effect 3.

Chibi A/N: Yeah I hear you there, That was a fucking shit fest and a half.

A/N: So you ready to get started?

Chibi A/N: Why the hell not? Let's go make a story about hot alien babes!

A/N: Alright let's get started!

Within a somewhat subpar apartment, you stare at yourself in the mirror for a solid minute as you started to have nightmares of the past again, even now you can hear the gunshots and the screams of agony from your men back when you used to be a soldier for the Alliance and you felt a mix of rage and grief wash over you for those who you let down, but you swiftly shake it off as what was happened can never change as you looked at the dog tags dangling around your neck " All I can do is keep pushing forward. " You thought as you knew if you stopped and thought about the past for too long you'd most likely eat a bullet and you felt no knew that it would be throwing those men's lives away for nothing, but you shake these thoughts from your head as you haven't even gotten dressed yet which causes you to let out a bit of a sigh.

(Y/N): God damn it, I can't be thinking of the past when lives are on the line.

You state as you open your closet and put on some clothes for the day and grabbed the gun from your desk.

(I do not own these images... And I know It kinda looks horrible, Editing these things on a phone isn't easy for me, and my fat thumbs.)

(This is just a screenshot of M.E 3)

" Alright... Now I just gotta take the stai- " Your thoughts were derailed when you saw that the stairs were being worked on by some Keepers which were insect-like beings that change and fix the Citadel constantly which kinda pissed you off seeing as you'll have to take... The elevator which you not so eagerly walked towards and got into " Goddamn it... Why are these things so slow? " You mentally questioned as you sighed and waited for it to go to the bottom floor, however, the elevator suddenly stopped which only meant one thing " Oh great visitors... Let's hope they don't smell bad. " You thought as the door opens to reveal a female Turian in blue armor that is surprisingly well-armed.

(I found this on Know your Meme and I can't for the life of me find the artist If you guys can tell me who made this in the comments that will be greatly appreciated, also don't mind the scare, I think for those who have played the games knows why it's there even though that happens in the second game.)

???: Morning.

She said casually as she entered the elevator and you immediately noticed something odd as you knew Turian's don't have breast... At least not normally.

(Y/N): Morning.

You said in a similarly casual tone as the elevator doors and the both of you go to the bottom floor " I sware these Elevators were designed by drunk assholes! " the Female Turian thought as she looked you up and down and she was about to dismiss you as a normal human until she noticed the small movements in your eyes suggesting that you were more than prepared for a fight at any moment as well as the dog tags with some familiar initials on them, but she couldn't quite put her tongue on it.

???: Since we're stuck here waiting on this poor excuse for engineering to reach the bottom floor mind if I ask a few questions?

You glanced at her for a moment and shrugged.

(Y/N): Sure it's not like I'm going anywhere for the next thirty or so minutes.

You said bluntly with a monotone voice " Well at least he's attempting to hide the fact he is just as traumatized as a man who seen how well a Krogan can hold his liquor. " She thought.

???: You a former soldier?

She asked with a hint of caution in her voice " Christ today is just dandy, isn't it? " You thought as you let out a bit of a sigh knowing that it really wasn't her fault she brought up a painful topic you just got done thinking about a few moments ago, after all, she's just curious.

(Y/N): Yeah I used to be in the Alliance before it gave me nightmares.

You simply answered and the Turian woman looked at you with an odd glare " Best not to prod any further into that detail, I rather not piss off the super traumatized War veteran. " She thought.

(Y/N): What about you? You don't seem like a typical Turian.

Her eyes widened a little as she was kinda surprised you were polite enough not to outright ask her about her... Obvious differences between her and what her species normally looks like.

???: Ah yes those things, the short story is to never take up a well-paying side job from a Salarian who's fascinated with human tits, never know when his experiments might bear fruit.

She answered recalling the Scientist excitement when her body actually started to grow her Fun Bags " At least I got paid well enough. " She thought as she remembers the sniper she bought herself out of the whole ordeal... As well as the odd glances she got while doing so.

(Y/N): They bother you any?

You asked and she chuckled a little " Well he is certainly a man of many questions isn't he? " She thought.

???: Aside from the odd glances as well as the random people asking about it bluntly in public, Thank you for asking politely, by the way, No they haven't slowed me down any.

She said with a casual tone and she thought of a question of her own after she noticed the pistol in your jacket.

???: I know I'm one to talk considering I'm carrying some weapons myself, but are you a Merc or something, or do you just carry a gun with you everywhere?

She asked with a joking tone and you let out a bit of a sigh " Can't hurt to tell her about my case, I mean it's not like I'm doing anything wrong. " You mentally state in your head.

(Y/N): I'm a Free Lance Detective and I've been given a case by a concerned family with deep pockets to find a family member that went missing a few days ago.

She started to ponder for a moment after you said that and she remembered a human crying her eyes out about how her baby girl had suddenly disappeared to C-sec customs.

???: Right it was the Ilora family who reported that. They still haven't found that girl?

She asked and you nodded your head.

(Y/N): Yea and I dug up some interesting info, Turn's out it isn't just the girl that went missing, a few workers and plenty of bums have gone missing too, and everything I found leads to the maintenance area.

The Female Turian's brow raised as she didn't expect a lone gun to find and collect enough clues to make that sort of deduction " It usually takes C-sec about a couple of weeks to do that and yet this guy managed to do it in a couple of days, I gotta say I'm impressed. " She thought.

???: Say you need some backup down there? My day is free so it wouldn't be too much of an issue if I tagged along.

You chuckled a little as neither of you knows each other's names and yet she's offering to go into a potential firefight with you.

(Y/N): Depends, What's your name?

She smiled after you said that as she was kinda waiting for you to ask that.

Garrua: Names Garrua Vakarian, I work as a C-sec operator when it's not the weekends, What's your name?

You raise a single brow and look at her with a questioning look.

(Y/N): (Y/N) (L/N), You didn't strike me as an officer Garrua.

When you said your name Garrua's eyes lit up for a moment " Oh! He's the guy who scrapped the hold Drug ring a few months ago! " She mentally exclaimed.

Garrua: That's probably because I tend to try and get things done rather than sit on my hands and wait for the problem to go away, but that more often than not get's me suspended for a few days.

She said with a hint of recognition in her voice.

(Y/N): How many times have you been suspended?

You asked and she started to dig a bit into her memories as it's been a bit since that happened " Hell it's been a bit since anything exciting happened. " She thought.

Garrua: Six maybe seven times, It's been a bit since something really interesting cropped up, well until now that is.

After she stated that the elevator finally reached the bottom floor and the doors slide started to open.

(Y/N): Interesting... I would like to hear more about you later if that's ok.

You asked as the both of you exited the elevator and Garrua chuckled a little.

Garrua: Buy me diner first and I'll get back to you on that.

She said with a joking tone and both of you immediately noticed something was off as the floor was completely devoid of people.

Garrua: Strange, You think people are at work or did everyone decide to go shopping?

You rolled your eyes before quickly scanning the area and you see some dark-robed figures making a very poor attempt to hide from any potential onlookers.

(Y/N): No but I'd imagine it has something to do with them.

You state pointing directly at them and Garrua swiftly looked over and narrowed her eyes a bit.

Garrua: Well shit, I didn't expect people to dress up like they were in a cult.

She openly stated as the robed figures spotted them looking at them and they swiftly drew out their guns.

(Y/N): Shit! Get to cover!

You swiftly ran to a nearby railing that would serve as decent cover for the incoming hail of bullets heading your way as Garrua ducked behind a chest-high garden which also provided decent cover.

Garrua: Finally! Some action!

She stated with a hint of delight as she pulled out a sniper rifle from her back as the robed men took cover behind some chest-high garden's and one of them did something incredibly stupid as he threw a grenade at you... Which wasn't armed.

(Y/N): Well that makes things a bit easier.

You state as Garrua shakes her head at the sear about of incompetence that these cultists just displayed " Well at least we had something to clear a room with... As well as a good story to tell people at the bar. " She thought as you pick up the unarmed grenade and stick it in your jacket while one of them began to reload and the other one was still shooting at you all be it with a look on his face that suggests he is in way over his head, but you didn't really care if he was or not as he's kinda shooting at you right now which wouldn't last long as Garrua swiftly zeroed in the dude's skull before he could pop back into cover.

*BANG!*

The young cultist's body limply falls onto its back as the remaining cultist finished reloading his gun.

Garrua: That's one!

After she said that the living cultist suddenly sprinted towards her and started to shoot wildly nearly landing a shot on her, however, he wouldn't be making his desperate attempt at an attack for long as you took this chance to shoot the last cultist in the leg which knocked him onto the ground pretty hard as his gun slid toward Garrua who stood up from her cover and kicked the gun away from the cultists grasp and aimed her sniper at his head while you moved in.

(Y/N): You alright Garrua?

You asked while pointing your pistol at the robed man and she just shrugged.

Garrua: None of them hit so I'll be fine. More than what I can say about our little friend here.

As she states this the cultist breathing heavily and it looked like smoke was coming from his hood which both of you immediately noticed as you started to back away.

Garrua: Alright I can firmly say this guy isn't having the best of days.

After she said that the cultist started to writhe in what looks like agonizing pain, but the two of you soon found out that was not the case when the cultist rose suddenly which caused his hood to fly back revealing that he was a human and his face wasn't too pretty as it looked like his eyes were burned to a crisp and a molten metallic substance was leaking out of his eyes, however, that was lest of your problems as you recognized this man as one of the people that went missing a few weeks ago.

Cultist: VICTORY TO GLORY! GLORY TO VICTORY!

After he said that in a feminine voice that clearly wasn't his own and without warning he grabbed his head and snapped his own neck with enough force to twist it around a full one-eighty degrees which produce a sicking crunch as his spinal cord was severed, needless to say, both you and Garrua were shocked with this development as his body fell back onto the ground.

Garrua: Please tell me that was normal because I sure as hell hope it is.

She said with a hint of disbelief in her voice and you let out a bit of an annoyed groan.

(Y/N): No that was definitely not normal, the worst part is that this man was one of the people that went missing a few months ago.

Garrua let out a sigh after you said that " Why can't it be slavers? At least they don't ooze hot medal out of their skulls. " She thought while holstering her rifle and you did the same with your pistol before you and Garrua walked over to the other body to see that thankfully was much more normal than the order on as this one was a rather young man who wasn't oozing metal out of his face, but he was laying in a pool of his own blood.

Garrua: You recognize him?

She asked and you shook your head a bit as you examined that kid's body.

(Y/N): No, this kid was either a recent victim or a green as grass grunt, probably both given the last one.

You said as you took three more grenades from the kid's body and looked around the area to see if there were any more cultists around and you see no one else around not even a single soul but you and Garrua.

(Y/N): Whoever this cultist are one thing is clear, This was a message by whoever is running the show.

You state while looking towards where they were hiding and seeing a golden silhouette of a man with a sword sitting on what looks likes a throne hastily drawn onto the wall.

Garrua: Well that doesn't look foreboding at all.

As she states this as sarcastically one could get you look around to see an open panel that the cultist used to seemingly sneak around undecided.

(Y/N): I found something.

Garrua looked over and saw the open panel and had a bit of a surprised expression.

Garrua: It looks like they've been using the emergency access tunnels to the maintenance area.

She said while you looked inside to see if any traps were inside which thankfully there wasn't " If the kid had set traps they'd probably be unarmed. " you thought as you jumped down and looked around seeing more gold murals leading deeper into the tunnel.

Garrua: Looks like we're about the enter the lion's den.

She said as she jumps down into the tunnel and before you could continue she stopped you.

Garrua: Hold on! Before we head further down you need some more firepower than a pistol and four grenades...

She hands you her assault rifle which looked a bit older than the standard models.

(Again this is a screenshot from M.E 3 and yes I know this is one of the models that use thermal clips, I'm just using it because it's a better screenshot.)

Garrua: It's an older model so it overheats instead of using thermal clips.

After she said that you looked at her with a slightly confused look.

(Y/N): I thought these were decommissioned when the newer models rolled out.

You stated with a fittingly confused tone and Garrua sighed a little " I hit the nail on the head with that Man of many Questions thing, didn't I? " She thought.

Garrua: C-sec recently got a budget cut due to an astounding fuck up involving some terrorists and a senator, long story short the senator had to be in a full-body cast for a couple of weeks, and before you ask no I wasn't involved in that raid if I was that senator would have at least walked away with less broken limbs.

After she said that you looked at her with a single raised eyebrow.

(Y/N): Where were you when that happened?

You asked as the both of you started to make your way down the tunnel.

Garrua: Waiting out one of my suspensions specifically in a bar with a bottle in my hands, but that's enough about me we should really focus on smashing a cult cell before they indoctrinate and kidnap more people.

She states as the two of you continued down the tunnel and as you traverse deeper the golden murals started to grow more numerous and detailed as one of them showed some sort of ritual depicting a strange-looking Priestess pouring a molten substance into the victim's eyes.

(Y/N): I got a feeling this isn't just for show.

You said as you look at another mural that depicted more robed figures of different races kneeling before what looked to be a human in golden armor wielding a longsword.

Garrua: Either that or someone has a really strange sense of art and It's definitely in poor taste, no offense.

She stated and you shrugged as you understood what she meant.

(Y/N): None taken, I wouldn't want to be enslaved by another race either.

Just after you say that you and Garrua hear canting in the distance.

(Y/N): Let's sneak up on them and take them by surprise.

You quietly state and Garrua nods as the both of you slowly make your way at the end of the tunnel and enter a large room with an altar in the center of the room surrounded by robbed figures as well as plenty of cover to hide behind.

Garrua: You take left I'll go right.

She states as she ducks down behind a large pipe while you waved your way through some strange concrete pillars with some sort of unknown langue inscribed onto them.

Cultist: It is time my brothers and sisters.

The lights in the room suddenly began to dim and change color from the normal blue to a yellowish color and you see a white robbed figure walk over to the altar with two other robed figures carrying the girl you had been hired to find and she was unconscious " This isn't good I've got to get the girl out of this situation. " You thought as you sneak closer to the group of cultists as Garrua had reached a vantage point and is currently waiting for an opportunity to take out the unknown person in the white robe " That one looks like they run the show around her. " She thought as she zeroed in onto the person's head.

???: Let the forging of a new acolyte begin!

The white robbed figure said in a familiar feminine voice " Well that just confirmed my suspicions about them being the head honcho. " She thought as she placed her crosshairs firmly on her head and started to pull the trigger of her sniper back as the two other cultists placed the girl onto the alter and chaining her to it and one of the cultists kneeled before the white-robed woman who you assume to be the Priestess and handed her a small rough looking crucible filled with chunks of gold " Huh Didn't know those were still around I thought smelting pots became irrelevant a century ago. " You thought as you take out one of the grenades as you get ready the throw it into a group of cultist when Garrua picks of the Priestess and the both of you watch as something strange happens as the Priestess grabs the crude smelting pot as it instantly heats up in her hands and it swiftly started to melt the gold within the smelting pot and the cultist begins to chant something that nither you or Garrua could make out, but the both of you had more pressing matters to deal with then some random gibberish of crazed people as one of the cultists the brought the still unconscious girl into the alter room walked over to the top of the alter and forcibly opened her eyes revealing that she's most likely drugged with some powerful antistatic of some sort and the Priestess walked over to the side of the alter, but before she about to pour the molten gold into the poor girl's eyes a sound rang out in the room.

*BANG!*

The shot knocked the Priestess backward causing the molten gold to spill onto another cultist who screamed out in pain while flailing around trying to get the molten metal off of his body.

Garrua: Nice!

She shouted as the other cultist looked over towards both her and their flailing member you armed the grenade in your hand and slid it towards the bulk of the group as they were distracted.

*BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!*

One of the cultists looks down and has a somewhat disappointed look on his face.

Gib Victim: Shit.

*BOOM!*

Most of the cultist was killed by the blast and a few lucky ones were knocked back onto the floor and you swiftly popped out of cover and took out a few of them while they were down with the assault rifle Garrua gave you and it nearly overheated just as you swiftly got back into cover and repositioned to a new spot while Garrua took out another one of the cultists who started to run towards nearby cover while drawing their weapons, but you and Garrua were still outnumbered as there were about six cultists left to clear out and you had to be careful seeing as you didn't have armor with shields, however, this cultist don't have nearly the experience you do as Garrua was able to pick another one off even though she was being shot at by two other cultists you could tell were praying and praying for dear life.

(Y/N): Amateurs.

You thought out low as one of the cultists that were unloading their guns into the concrete pillar you were taking cover behind decides to run at you with a pipe while his two other buddies cover him in case you pop out and take him down, however, as the cultist ran around the corner and took a swing at you which you dodged as you active your Omni blade.

Art by RedLineR91

(I Edited it a bit, The original pic is very awesome!)

*SHINK!*

You drove your blade deep into the cultist's gut before grabbing his throat and slamming the back of his head against the concrete pillar you were using as cover as Garrua watched from a safe vantage point while shaking her head while the cultists body slumped over " You know you'd think even these guys would think twice about rushing a Commando. " She thought while shots flew right above her cover and she saw you threw another grenade at the two robed people that were currently reloading which definitely caused them to panic as they try to hastily move and only one of them would get into a somewhat safe distance before the grenade went off and the less fortunate one got his arm blown off as well as a shit ton of shrapnel in his body instantly killing him while his buddies were knocked back allowing Garrua to pick him off easily.

*BANG!*

Garrua: That's four heads!

She shouted as she swiftly ducked back down as one of the cultists resumed firing at her as the other moved in to face off against you or at least attempt to, however, he didn't have a line of sight on you, and for good reason...

*SHINK!*

The cultist swiftly turns around and saw that you had flaked around and took out his friend with your Omni Blade as it was currently sticking out of his chest and before he could get a shot off Garrua took him out with one clean shot.

*BANG!*

The last remaining cultist fell to the ground with a hole in the center of his head as you unceremoniously drop his buddy's corpse.

Garrua: That makes five, though I think your body count is much higher than mine is.

She said before putting her weapon away and you did the same.

(Y/N): Grenades tend to do that, now let's get the girl out of here before more of them show up.

You state before swiftly making your way over to the girl as did Garrua and when you get there you swiftly unchain her and take her off the altar.

Priestess: Interesting.

Both you and Garrua looked towards the white robbed woman as she slowly rose to her feet as she was being pulled up by a string in complete disbelief.

Garrua: So I'm going to have to retract one of those heads from my body count...

She said as she drew her pistol and aimed it at the Priestess while you were carrying the girl on your shoulders.

(Y/N): How are you alive? Garrua shot you in the head!

She said still in disbelief as to what was currently happening and the Priestess just laughs.

Priestess: So you're the one, my master warned me about...

She paused and slowly walked around the altar making you and Garrua slowly walked away from her in case she was trying anything.

Priestess: Strange I thought you'd be wearing something more... Practical, but no matter you won't leave this place alive.

She states as she walked to the doorway she entered the room in and two red robbed people with yellow armor suddenly dropped from the ceiling and swiftly pull out their rifles at both of you.

Priestess: But if we meet again I will end you myself so Farwell mortal and do improve your taste in women, this "Thing" can hardly be classified as durable.

Garrua had an enraged look on her face after she said that.

Garrua: Oh you bath robbed bitch!

After saying that in a fittingly angered tone she took a few shots at her, but one of the red robbed figures blocked them using his arm, and the Priestess soon disappeared into the darkness as the red robbed enforcers started to advance and you looked at Garrua as well as the girl on your shoulder.

(Y/N): Garrua! Take the girl and get the hell out of her!

Garrua looked at you like you were crazy while one of the red robbed enforcers suddenly stowed his weapon and activated two Omni blades.

(Y/N): This isn't a request!

You suddenly shoved the girl into Garrua's arms as you swiftly turn around and pulled out your rifle as Garrua let out a somewhat agitated growl.

Garrua: You better live through this! You still owe me diner after all!

As she was saying this she was carrying the girl back through the why you two came and you start to fire upon the enforcers, but the one who was still using his rifle start to block them using a deployable shield which covered both him and the one dual-wielding Omni blades.

(Y/N): Damn it!

You shout as your rifle overheats and without warning the enforcer dual-wielding Omni blades suddenly lunges forward and cut the rifle into pieces.

(Y/N): Shit shit shit!

You start to dodge and weave the enforcer's attacks while the other one aims his rifle at you " Fuck! I need a way to get out of sight! " You thought and soon a truly crazy idea came to you as you weaved through his attacks and you pull out one of your remaining grenades and swiftly arm it before dropping it right in front of you forcing the enforcer to stop his assault and back off behind the other enforcer's shield while you ducked behind cover as the explosion goes off " Ok... Fuck... Now I need to find a way to pick one of them off. " You thought as the enforcers started to look for you after losing you during that explosion and you saw that they were sticking close together as well as watching each other's backs " Damn! " You mentally shouted to avoid alerting them and you evaluate what you have " Ok I've got one grenade left, my pistol, and my Omni blade. " Your brain starts to work its magic as you try to come up with a strategy to take one of them down so that you can easily take the other one, but the problem is which one does he take out and you evaluate your decisions as the enforcer's closely stuck together and search for you and an idea formed in your mind as you remember the Duel-wielding enforcer jump behind the shield with little issue to avoid the blast " Yeah that could work. " You mentally state as you put your plan into motion by sneaking around to get to a better vantage point as the enforcers looked where you're just at after you got to higher ground just above them.

(Y/N): Here goes nothing...

You quietly said as you drop the grenade between them which they noticed immediately noticed and swiftly dodged out of the way separating them, but what they had failed to realize was that you didn't arm the grenade as you quickly jump down as the enforcer brought you his deployable shield and with one swift motion you stepped forward and plunged your Omni blade into the darkness of his hood and it went through the enforcer's skull and out of the back of his head seemingly killing him instantly " One down! Now for the other one! " You thought as you kick the body of the shield enforcer off of your Omni blade and aimed your pistol at his Duel-wielding companion and fired a few shots at him which contacted to one of his arms, however, this didn't phase him in the slightest as you watch as molten metal simply oozes out of his wound and instantly cools sealing said wound.

(Y/N): Oh you gotta be kidding me.

You said in a somewhat annoyed tone as the enforcer starts to charge towards you, but before he could stab his Omni blades into your chest a hail of bullets forces him to abandon that action and both you and the enforcer looked to see another Turian, a male one this time at the tunnel you and Garrua entered through and it looked like he brought an arsenal with him...

Art by Sandara

" Is that a Specter!? " You thought as the enforcer began to take this opportunity to flee which you noticed as you swiftly aimed your pistol at him and you were about to shoot but the Turian stopped you.

???: Let him go! He isn't important!

He said as he puts his weapon away and you let out an annoyed sigh as you watch the enforcer flee through the left through the doorway the Priestess went through.

(Y/N): Why do you stop me? He could end countless lives!

The Turian started to make his way over to you after you said that.

???: I know, but a more pressing issue is at hand.

She states calmly as you cross your arms with an annoyed expression as you really wanted to end the other enforcer so he didn't go back into that Priestess's fold.

(Y/N): It has to be since you a Specter.

The Turian lets out a bit of a sigh " I'll have to tell him about the beacon as well as the commutations blackout on Eden Prime in order to get him to trust me, but first I should tell him my name. " He thought.

Nihlus: My name is Nihlus Kryik and I see you already know my status as a Specter and I already know you, Commander.

He said in an official tone you know all too well during your time in the Alliance, however, that last bit confused you a bit.

(Y/N): I'm not a Commander anymore I left the Alliance some time ago after all my friends died.

You state with a hint of agitation in your voice and Nihlus currently understands why.

Nihlus: I understand your anger Commander, but now is not the time to talk about each other's past.

After you let out an internal sigh of relief mixed with annoyance " Good I really don't feel like doing that. " You thought.

(Y/N): Then tell me what you came all the way out here to talk to me about, and why the hell are you calling me Commander dispute me telling you otherwise.

You stated and Nihlus had a very telling look in his eyes and it says you weren't going to like what he said next.

Nihlus: The Council has requested the Alliance to reinstate your rank, In short, your back in the military with your previous rank...

You had a bit of a shocked look when he said that " Why the hell would the Council do that!? I'm a human nobody! A nobody that doesn't want the damn position! " You thought with a mix of confusion and anger as he continued.

Nihlus:... As for the reason why I'm here they believe one of the human settlements titled Eden Prime had found a Prothean artifact, however, all contact was suddenly cut off a few days ago after the Prothean artifact was found.

After he said this you looked at him with a very agitated expression.

(Y/N): Why the hell are they sending me!? Can't they just send another Specter with you instead of a retired human!?

Your rage-fueled questions started to get on the Turians nerves a little as he suddenly answered your question without thinking.

Nihlus: They very well might be sending two Specters Commander!

His eyes went wide after he said that as did yours " Shit I wasn't suppose say that... " He thought as you tried to wipe your head around what Nihlus just said.

(Y/N): Wait do you mean... I'm a Specter candidate?

You asked confused and Nihlus let out a bit of a sigh " Fuck it just roll with it. " He thought.

Nihlus: Yes that is correct.

He simply stated as you still had a look of confusion on your face.

(Y/N): Then why did they give orders to reinstate my rank in the Alliance?

You asked as Nihlus looked at the body of the enforcer before looking back to you.

Nihlus: Well they didn't want a civilian to become a Specter considering that Military operatives make up the entirety of the Specters and they want to keep it that way, not that you're an ordinary civilian anyways.

He states as he gestures to the body next to your feet and you looked at him with a questioning look.

(Y/N): But why pick a human as a Specter? I thought that role is usually regulated within the Council races.

You asked which Nihlus understood as you were technically right in thinking that.

Nihlus: You're not wrong in thinking that, but you are an expectation to the rule considering your deeds before and after you left the Alliance, You've survived your squad being massacred on Dóxa as well as many battles with the Batarian pirates, Blue suns, the Eclipse, the list goes on...

He starts to pace a little before continuing.

Nihlus: Not to mention the fact you had just dismantled an entire drug syndicate a few months ago and now...

He stops and looks at the dead Cultists before looking at you once more.

Nihlus: Well you know the rest.

You looked at the dead Cultists and sighed " I guess he has a point, it would be hard to ignore what I've done over the past few years. " You thought before look back to Nihlus.

(Y/N): Fine I'll go, not like I have much of a choice anyway.

You state as you start to walk over to the exit with Nihlus.

Nihlus: Glad you saw reason, now then let's go meet an old friend of yours.

He said as you and Nihlus left the alter room, however, as you left the enforcer's body began to rise from the ground and stand back up while the Priestess who watched the whole conversation from a high vantage walked into the tunnel behind her as the enforcer walked away from the scene.

A/N: That'll do it for this Chapter!

Chibi A/N: Oh so you're adding a Cult to the mix, nice!

A/N: I mean there was a Cult within the original games, but this Cult seems to be doing something to its members that has an effect on them.

Chibi A/N: Yeah, I doubt explaining how a guy snapped his own neck with that much force is easy to explain.

A/N: True true, but I think it's time to wrap things up, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and we'll see you later!

Chibi A/N: Stay safe out there!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 366 19
"This war's brought us pain and suffering and loss. But it's also brought us together--as soldiers, allies, friends. This bond that ties us together...
46 9 17
When no one knows you're alive, its liberating and confining. It's one of the best things that can happen to you, especially if you're a villain! Yo...
8 1 1
Back in the late 1990's a great PC game came out called FREELANCER. It was an open galaxy adventure space game that had a good storyline. I spent u...
665 11 53
Liara T'soni did not believe in luck. After all that had happened, what she believed in was redundancy. With the Reapers on the way, she didn't put a...