Trust Issues

Від lillyadams23

Meredith has severe trust issues, we all know that. What happens when they get the best of her and she runs a... Більше

Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 11

710 16 3
Від lillyadams23

Meredith eyes fluttered open, fully aware of the visitors in her room. She saw her daughter. Dai, she thought. But, she couldn't place the other two strangers staring intensely at her.

"Meredith, how are you feeling?" She heard the one holding Dai say

"Give my baby! Who are you?"

"Meredith?!" Derek said handing Dai to Meredith

Meredith took her daughter and stared intensely at the two people in her room. Repeating her statement again, a little louder. "Who are you!?"

"I'm George, you're friend and roommate. Do you really not remember who I am?" 

"No, please get out!" Meredith said getting angry. Dai started to fuss in her arms, Meredith put her down on the bed by her side. She then laid the bed down flat and cuddled Dai closely, like they had done when they lost Cristina.

"Dr Grey, I am here for a post op exam." Dr Nelson said coming into the room a couple minutes later

Meredith sat up, confused. She thought she knew where she was. But now she didn't. Why was no one with her? 

"Meredith do you know where you are?" Dr Nelson said flashing a light in her eyes

"I thought I did. I know I did just 5 minutes ago? Where's Derek and George? Did they leave?" Meredith said

"They were here five minutes ago, you didn't recognize them."

"I'm confused."

"I know, I will send them back in. I think you just have slight amnesia from the surgery." Dr Nelson explained

"What surgery?" 

"Brain surgery, do you remember that?"

"Where am I?" Meredith felt the room spin. It was like everything she has ever known was at the tip of her tongue. She was lost, she felt empty. As if everything in her world had flipped

Meredith watched as Dr Nelson walked out of the room and then shortly after, two men walked in. Who she eventually placed as Derek and George. 

"Meredith, do you remember me now." George asked

"Yes I think so... everything is so slow. it's all coming back so, so slow." Meredith said

"Ok, I am going to put up cards, it may speed it up." George said

Meredith watched as Derek and George took out brightly colored index cards. She read them, some said things like where she worked, what job she had, who her friends were, and what surgery she had. Meredith's head felt full, like it was going to explode at the drop of a pin.

"I want Cristina... where is Cristina?" Meredith suddenly said

"Oh Mer." Derek said, "She died, remember, there was a shooting at Seattle Grace, she died because she jumped in front of a bullet, saving Dai."

"Oh." Meredith said stroking Dai's hair as she slept beside Meredith. SHe looked at all the cards again, slowly understanding her life again.

//

4 days later...

Meredith had been in the hospital for about a week, but it had only been 4 days since her brain surgery. She was used to always doing something, so doing nothing, was harder than it seemed. She thought a lot. SHe thought that what if, she picked up everything and left, this time saying goodbye and such. She had always wanted to teach, maybe she get a teaching job at a local university and teach medicine, and occasionally do surgery. 

This seemed appealing to her, she really wanted to do this, get a fresh start somewhere else. Whenever she came to Seattle, something bad always happened. 

"Hello Meredith, you look deep in thought." Derek said walking in. Within the past couple days, they have worked on their relationship. They weren't dating, they were simple just friends.

"Yeah, I think I am going to move to a different part of Washington and work as a teacher." Meredith spit out

Derek almost choked on the drink he was drinking, "What?!" 

"Yeah, I want to get a fresh start. I will still visit you and George, I just want, new. You know?" Meredith finished

"I get it, but please think more. I don't want to lose you again." Derek said, hoping that she really wouldn't leave.

"What is she thinking about?" George said coming into the room with Dai who had been in daycare.

"I am thinking about moving to a different part of Washington and get a teaching job at a university..." Meredith said

"Wow, ok. You realize you will be taking Dai away from everyone she knows right?"

"I know, but I am tired of everytime I come to Seattle something bad happening. I need a fresh start." Meredith finished

"It seems you have thought a lot about this." George said handing Dai to Meredith.

//

5 weeks later

Meredith had been released from the hospital 2 weeks and moved a week after she got released. She moved to small town, 4 hours outside of Seattle She got a job as a Anatomy Professor at a local university and she volunteered at the hospital a few times a week. She called Derek and George at least once a day, of not then she tried to call at least once every couple of days.

Her days were the same almost everyday, but she loved it. She got up at 6:30 and did her morning routine. Then she woke up Dai at 7:15 and took her to a local daycare, and went to her first class which started 8:30 but she always got there at 8. Then she taught 3 more classes and went to get Dai from daycare at 4. Her and Dai did an activity and ate dinner, then they cuddled and went to sleep.

She loved her days, they had stability and routine. She was seeing a therapist and working through her mental issues. Everything was going perfectly, untill she started to fall for Derek again.

It all happened one day on the phone, she laid in bed thinking about that phone call.

Flashback

She had just picked up Dai from daycare. They decided to go the park and play on the playground. After that, they went home and had home cooked meal of chicken. After dinner they sat down to watch a movie, this is when Meredith would call her friends. She decided to call Derek first.

"Hello Meredith! I was just about to call you!" Derek said as he answered his phone.

"Really! And why is that mister?"

"I miss your face, I really want to see you."

"Awww how cute."

"No seriously Meredith!" Derek said giggling

"I know... How was work?"

"It was good, no big traumas or anything. How about you?"

"It was also good, I have a mini me in one of my classes. She reminds me so much of myself when I was that age, her name is Lexi."

"Oh that's cool!" Derek said

They talked for about 30 more minutes until Meredith realized that Dai fell asleep in her lap.

"Derek, I have to go now, Dai fell asleep in my lap."

"Ok, well give her a hug for me." Derek said, the call was then silent for awhile.

"Umm... I miss you Derek." Meredith said

"Me too."

"Goodbye..."

"Bye Mer..."

End of flashback

Something about the end of the call made Meredith's heart flutter. SHe finally was able to catch some sleep, knowing one thing, she was definitely falling for Derek Shepherd again. And she was falling hard and fast.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

10.9K 795 15
what happens when a teenage romance turns into a family?
147K 2.7K 36
Instead of Derek getting into an accident, what if it was Meredith back in Seattle? Will she survive? *set in season 11 when Derek was in dc
58.9K 746 18
alternate reality of Meredith and Derek set in different episodes and written as how I see them. SPOILERS AHEAD
26.2K 644 15
For years now, it had just been Derek and his daughter. But then he met Meredith. In that moment everything changed for him but he told himself that...