If I Can't Have Senpai

By DollieSonikku

*New Version!!* If I can't have Senpai, then I'll have you until you can't bare the thought of ever leaving m... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42(End)

Chapter 18

882 14 81
By DollieSonikku

"I wondered what happen to them this week that brought those two so close...." Riku mumbles to himself softly. All this time he thought Ayano was all alone.

His hands tighten. He was mistaken.

______________________

The morning sun shone vibrantly in the baby blue sky lighting up the whole town and the small houses of the people who resided there. It was no doubt that it was a beautiful morning that everyone almost seemed entranced by it with goodwill and joy. However, some, not so much.

"I can't believe this..." The delinquent with blue streaks in her hair mumbles under her breath.

A small group of delinquents were hidden from the sun taking shade in their usual hideout, an abandoned shack deep in Sakurana Woods.

The blue streak haired delinquent's eyes glazed over at the remaining delinquents that stood idly before her. Originally, they had about forty members, more girls than boys. Now, they only had ten, less girls more boys. "Why the hell did this happen!!?" The delinquent suddenly yells and slams both of her hands on a wooden table making it shake violently. The remaining delinquents stared at her, some were startle and some were annoyed by her childish anger. "Everything was going according to plan, we were suppose to kill two birds with one stone and recruit more people but we ended up losing more than half of our members!!"

"Isn't it obvious, someone called the damn police!" One of the male delinquents says puffing out rings of smoke from his cigar. "You know when the police shows up some of the newbies panic."

"Damn it...why are some people so useless....Did anyone find out who called the cops?" The delinquent with blue streaks says eyeing each of the members in question.

"Maybe the Ayano-girl did." One of the female delinquents suggested. She had violet streaks in her midnight hair that almost glow in the dim lit room. She lounged on the old red couch with another delinquent with her feet resting on the coffee table.

"Thats not likely, I'm sure we cleared both Aishi and Yamada of their phones." The delinquent next to her replied as she took a sip from her cup of water. She had soft pink streaks in her hair that matched her eyes.

"What about the Martial Arts bastard?" Another male delinquent proposed while combing back his slick midnight hair.

"We caught off the power, cell reception wouldn't be possible unless he called before hand." The delinquent with violet streaks answers before snatching the cup of water from the pink streaked delinquent and taking a sip herself.

"So, basically, no one knows who did it!" The blue streak haired delinquent says raising her voice again, the speculating around the room pissed her off, she wanted a clear answer. "This was suppose to be an easy mission! I don't understand how some of you can't listen to simple directions!"

"Hey, quit yelling at us! Its not our fault, its your stupid leadership skills!" The male delinquent who was smoking yells back causing his cigarette to fall from his pink lips and onto the dusty floor. "You're not even suppose to lead such risky missions in the first pl-"

"You shut the fuck up!" The blue streaked delinquent yells kicking the coffee table over with one swift movement. The two delinquents lounging on the couch quickly recoiled their legs and some of the delinquents around took a step back. The male delinquent flinched a little at her actions then clicked his tongue and mumbled curses under his smoky breath.

"Hey, c'mon guys lets calm down now." The delinquent with pink streaks in her hair says looking around nervously. "We're not going to get anywhere unless we stop fighting, I'm sure we can all-"

The sickening sound of a harsh slap echoed around the room. The pink streaked delinquent held her now redden cheek with widen eyes a she looked up at her leader in shock.

"Don't be the peace-keeper here, brat, it pisses me off!" The blue streaked delinquent barked.

"Hey, what the fuck is your problem!" The violet streaked delinquent yelled as she stood up from the couch. "She was just telling you to calm down, you didn't have to fucking hit her!"

"I won't calm the fuck down unless I know who the hell made that call that screwed us over!" The blue streaked hair delinquent says with clenched fists.

"I-I'm sorry..." The pink streaked delinquent croaked as small little tears formed in the corner of her eye. Her partner with purple streaks quickly held her in an effort to comfort her.

"Don't be stupid, don't you say sorry for getting hit like that, you're the victim here." Her partner mumbles under her breath as she shot a look at their leader.

"Hmf." The blue streaked delinquent then turns to male delinquent who was combing back his hair. "You there, I want you to collect everyone's phones and bring them to me."

"Huh, what the fuck do you want our phones for!?" The male delinquent who was smoking yells obviously angry by this.

"Isn't obvious, I'm going to check all your call history to if there's a snitch in this group." The delinquent with blue streaks replies with her hands on her hips.

"You can't possibly think that we would betray our own group! We're all like a family here!" The pink streaked delinquents cries out. "This isn't right."

"Whether its right or wrong when I find out who did this, I'm going to strangle the hell out of them-"

"I did it."

A deeps voice says following the noise of the wooden door clattering shut. The delinquents quickly looked over to the doorway, some of them were even in their fighting stances out of habit. Almost immediately the room flooded with silence as each of the delinquents eyes widen in disbelief.

There, in front of the wooden door was no other than their real leader Osoro Shidesu. Her dirty blonde hair fell to her shoulders and her vibrant yellow eyes glared sharply at them. She wore her trademark black coat around her shoulders and her school uniform that showed her toned muscled arms and legs.

"Oso...ro!" It was the delinquent with blue streaks in her hair to break the silence. Osoro's eyes quickly darted to her like a sniper rifle ready to shoot. "You...you've been released...from jail...?"

Osoro walks up to the delinquent, each step she took radiated pure dominance and grace. The delinquents in her way quickly step back and did a small bow to her as she passed but she did not acknowledge them. Her eyes stayed fixed on the blue streaked hair delinquent. Once she stood in front the delinquent her lips parted.

"So tell me...are you going to strangle me now?" Osoro says looking down at the delinquent below her as she towered the delinquent.

"O-Of course not, Osoro-Senpai." The delinquent stutters as she gazes up at her leader before her. She almost felt like fresh prey under her predator eyes, the feeling made a shiver run down her spine.

Osoro briefly takes her glance off of her and gazes over at her remaining members around the room. The blue streaked delinquent almost expected Osoro to become angry by this but instead a satisfied grin spread across her lips.

"Osoro-sama...why, why did you betray us!?" The girl with pink streaks in her hair suddenly blurts out. She had stood up from the couch with both of her hands clenched together against her chest.

As soon as that statement was in the air, whispers started erupting between the delinquents. The delinquent was right, how could Osoro of all people betray them like that? As the delinquents speculated this, Osoro closed her eyes tightly in irritation.

"Silence." Osoro says in a booming voice causing everyone in the room to freeze. Osoro looks at the delinquent with pink streaks in her hair, she looked up at Osoro with innocent eyes as she waited for her true leaders answer. Osoro turns away mumbling dryly under her breath.

"Oso..ro-sama..?" The pink streaked delinquent asks softly, she was worried that her leader might yell at her when suddenly Osoro began to speak.

"My fellow delinquents, I did not betray you, the one I left in charge is to be blame for." Osoro says glancing over at the delinquent with blue steaks in her hair.

"W-What!?" The delinquent's eyes widen as she stared at her leader in disbelief. Osoro had put the blame on her.

"Don't act so surprised, I was sure I told you not to go on any missions until I came back, but you decided to disobey my orders anyway." Osoro says turning to shocked delinquent now as she continued to speak. "What I did was just a test, I called the police to see if you could handled it, to see if my judgement of picking you as my second command was smart. But all you showed me was weakness. I now know that my judgement was severely clouded."

"It's not my fault, this girl, she kept interfering with us and taking many of our members down by the minute! I needed to put her in her place or it would have continued." The delinquent with blue streaks replies.

"So, your telling me that one little girl caused all this trouble in the first place, thus inspiring this suicide mission?" Osoro asks with an golden eyebrow raised, her darken expression never wavering.

"...I, I just wanted to avenge our fallen members that Ayano Aishi had taken from us. I wanted to show her that we were not the type of people to mess with!"

"Ayano Aishi...huh, so that's her name." Osoro mumbles to herself as if trying to recall that particular name. Whoever she was, this wasn't any ordinary girl that would just challenge their dominance like that.

"Y-Yes.."

"Tell me...what other outsiders have been involved in this mission of yours." Osoro says crossing her arms.

"...I..." The delinquents eyes laid to the ground hesitant to answer the question.

Osoro rolled her eyes then pointed at the pink streaked haired delinquent who jumped in surprise. "You there, tell me, who else was involved other than Ayano Aishi."

"Oh..um....I believe it was the schools Martial Arts Leader and a boy..by the name of....Taro Yamada."

"....Taro....Yamada." Osoro breathed, it was as if she froze for a moment and for once her darken expression wavered. She turned her attention back to the blue streaked haired delinquent who now stood there nervously. "Heh..." A light chuckle escapes Osoro's lips.

The blue streaked delinquent paled, she knew this wasn't going to end well. In hindsight, she thought Taro wouldn't be mentioned at all considering how strongly Osoro felt about the boy. She was wrong.

"I didn't intend for him to get-Aaagh!" before the delinquent tried to explain, Osoro punches her square in the face. Her fist felt like a rock hitting against her face, absolutely merciless. Her rough knuckles embedded itself into her eye almost knocking it back into her socket. The delinquent fell violently to the ground.

"Nngh!!" The delinquent brought a hand to her throbbing face, she felt it began to swell almost automatically, as for her eye it was gradually puffing up as she touches the tender area around it. She was sure to have a really dirty shiner in the morning.

"Hmf..well then...." Osoro mumbles as she grabs the blue streaked delinquents collar with one muscles arm and holds her up off the ground. "I think I know what I want now."

"W-What are you saying..?" The delinquent asks nervously as she felt her own hands grip the strong ones of her leaders hold on her.

"Get out." Osoro growls under her breath as you throws the girl towards the door.

The delinquent's body hits against the wooden door with her legs and arms sprawled out like a rag doll. She sat up and rubbed the back of her head before glancing back at Osoro with almost pleading eyes.

"Osoro..please don't do this, I've been with you since the beginning. Do you really think you can trust the others!!!"

"Making you my second in command was a big mistake, you made so much mess....now I have more work ahead of me...." Osoro turns her back to the delinquent. "I don't want to see your pathetic face anywhere near my turf again."

"But-"

"OUT." Osoro says firmly before looking over her shoulder and giving her the most coldest glare she had ever seen from her leader.

The delinquent shakily got up and opened the wooden door but not before turning back to Osoro with an now angry scrunched up look on her face.

"You fuckers are going to fall without me!! You'll regret this you blonde bitch, I was the best member you ever recruited!!" The delinquent yells as she swung the door open and then slam it shut making it shake on it's golden hinges.

Osoro puts a rebellious strand of gold hair behind her ear then rubbed her knuckles gingerly. She expected this reaction from her former delinquent and she couldn't care less. That delinquent was one less problem to deal with now.

"Osoro-Senpai." The pink streaked delinquent says softly under her breath. In all honesty she didn't want to say anything to her leader after that little brawl but her violet streaked haired partner had nudged her to it.

"I think I want to see this girl for myself." Osoro mumbles breaking the unbearable silence in the room. She throws her black jacket on the couch and stretches. Her defined muscles flexed. "After all, I won't be put to shame by one little girl."

____________________

"Here is your Earl Grey tea, sir." Ayano says before setting down a cup with golden rims and saucer onto the wooden table before a young man.

"T-Thank you.." The young man at the table stammers as his face started to turn red.

"You're welcome." Ayano smiles politely and bows to him before walking away to tend to other tables.

Budo Masuta stared at the radiant girl serving the customers while he wiped a wine glass. Ever since this morning, he couldn't take his eyes off her. Her form was just addicting to watch, she was elegant and carried herself with the grace of a princess. He just couldn't keep his eyes off of her. However, he wasn't the only one who had notice this.

Budo looks over at Riku Soma, his vibrant purple eyes lay intently on Ayano and a small smile formed on his pink lips. Budo felt himself tighten his grip on the glass.

"You seem quite infatuated with her." Mr. Sakimoto says coming up behind Budo making him jump slightly.

"I-I just never seen her like this.." Budo stammers with a light blush slowly spreading across his face. Mr.Sakimoto opened one of the wooden cabinets and took out a couple of extra bowls before he spoke again.

"You two seem to have a good relationship, tell me, is your love of that of siblings love or romantic love?" Mr. Sakimoto asks as he stacked the bowls together. Budo felt his mouth drop in shock by the sudden question.

"..M-Mr. Sakimoto..A-Ayano is just a friend..." Budo say scratching the back of his head. He really didn't think Ayano and him had that kind of sibling relationship. However, the thought made him sweat knowing he had never thought of Ayano as a sister not even in the beginning. Did he perhaps, feel that he wanted more than friendship from Ayano?

"Haha...there I go again, I'm sorry, it's none of my business. I have a bad habit of asking too many questions according to my niece." Mr. Sakimoto says before clapping Budo on the back and returning to the kitchen with bowls in hands.

Budo's gaze fell to the ground as he felt his face redden in confusion. Thoughts started to swarm his mind, what did he really thought of that mysterious girl? His heart started to quicken as he remembered the feeling of Ayano's soft lips against his in the dream he had this morning, he yearned for that touch again. "Damn...it...what I am thinking?" Budo says shaking his head flustered.

He picks up a glass and continues to dry, trying to push the pestering thoughts away. However, he couldn't get rid of the feeling of yearning he had for her. "Damn..."

"Here's your chocolate cake, Soma-kun." Ayano says as she gently places the plate of the small cake in front of Riku.

"Thank you, Aishi-San." Riku says with a genuine smile on his face as he nods to her.

Ayano bows politely to him and goes to leave when Riku quickly caught a hold of her hand. Ayano turned to him surprised at the suddenness of his grab.

"If it isn't too much to ask Ayano, I would like to share this cake with you."

"Sorry, but I have other customers to tend to." Ayano replies trying to slip her hand away from his but Riku didn't let go.

"It will only be just a minute, I want to talk to you about something." Riku says, his purple eyes were serious yet gentle. She wondered what was so important that she had to drop everything just to hear it.

"Riku... I really-"

"Please Ayano, its really important."

"Alright, let me just tell Budo to cover for m-"

"Don't Ayano." Riku pulled Ayano's arm back from leaving, the grip was almost rough as if he had did it out of pure desperation.

"Soma-kun...?" Ayano looked back at him in curiosity, she didn't expect Riku to be this firm over something like this. What could he possibly want to talk about that so urgent?

"Lets keep this between us, it's private."

"Alright..." Ayano reluctantly takes a seat across from Riku. She takes off her Lacey maid hat and gloves and sets it besides her.

Riku hands her a silver fork that reflected the yellow light of the restaurant. "Here, have some cake." He offered.

"I don't really have a sweet tooth for cake, Soma-kun." Ayano politely declines.

"Oh c'mon, at least have a little, chocolate cake is a guilty pleasure for a young woman after all." Riku says placing the fork into Ayano's hand.

"If you insist." Ayano reluctantly wraps her fingers around the fork and dips into the rich chocolate icing of the cake. "What is that you wanted to speak with me about?" she asks getting straight to the point.

"Its about Taro Yamada."

Ayano felt herself pause, she was about to devour the sugary icing that was just inches away from her pink lips until she heard that name that had been haunting her for some nights. She looked Riku in the eyes, as she was eager to know more.

"I believe just a couple of days ago was the last time I had seen him." Riku says grabbing his own fork and dipping into the cake as well.

"Is that so.." Ayano replies before licking the icing off from the fork. "I didn't think you and Senp- Yamada-kun were that close."

"Well, we are not that close but just friendly acquaintances. You see Taro also knows my secret of coming from a rich family." Riku says as he puts a small chunk of the spongy chocolate cake in his mouth and chewing it slowly as if in thought.

"I see..." So even Taro knew Riku's secret, she wasn't surprise though, Taro was the type of boy who was easy to open up to. He radiated such comfort that not even Riku, who didn't know him that well could resist telling him.

"Its one of the reasons why as he asked me if one of my family's lawyers can defend Osana Najimi when she goes to court for the Saki Miyu poisoning case."

Ayano felt her hands tighten around the fork at the mentioned of Osana's name, its only been a couple of days yet she thought that name would have vanished by now. Wishful thinking on her part. "Thats a big favor." Ayano comments not easing her grip around her fork at all.

"Well yes, Yamada-kun was offering to pay me back for this but I declined his money. I told him I would happily have a lawyer represent Najimi-san because I ultimately think Osana-san did not do it."

Ayano felt herself froze momentarily before regaining back her reserved self. She dipped into the cake again, this time taking a larger chuck out of the cake. "You don't think Najimi-san did it?"

"No Ayano, I think her doing something like that is beyond her. I believe she was framed." Riku says looking Ayano in the eyes.

"Framed...?" Ayano innocently put an index finger onto the lower part of her pink lip as if in thought. She didn't think Riku of all people would figure out this out. Ayano felt her toes curl anxiously. If Riku knew it was her that did it then she would have to take him out, it was the only way to save herself. She would do it.

"Yes." Riku says averting his eyes from Ayano. "And I have a pretty good idea who actually did it..."

"....." Ayano felt herself sweat, if he knew she would silence him. Ayano felt her gaze to the fork she was holding. She would have to make it subtle and quiet. "Who do you think it is...?" Ayano asks before cautiously looking back to the purple haired boy.

Riku's glasses reflected a shining glare before he pushes it up with his index finger. "The person who framed Osana Najimi, was no other than our school's Martial Arts Leader, Masuta-kun."

"M-Masuta-kun..!?" Ayano almost shouts out in surprise before Riku quickly covers her mouth lowering it to inaudible muffles.

"Shhh..." He says to her as he put his own index finger to his own lips. He then cautiously looked back to where Budo was. Budo was busily drying the glasses from the rack, completely oblivious of their talk.

"Why-Why do you think Its Budo-kun?" Ayano whispers trying to compose herself as she removed Riku's hand from her mouth. "He wouldn't do that, I mean he isn't capable of doing that!"

"I understand that you and Masuta-kun are close and I can understand your distress but...do you really know him, Ayano?"

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying Masuta-kun isn't the person who he seems to be." Riku says looking Ayano from his glasses. "Maybe you haven't seen it yet but I have...He's something else."

"...." Ayano was speechless but deep inside she didn't like that Riku was accusing her friend. How dare he imply that she didn't know Budo at all when hes the one who didn't even know him that well. "What have you seen to come to this conclusion, Soma-kun." Ayano felt her teeth clench as she spat out that sentence.

"..." Riku's eyes averted hers once more noticing her slight anger towards him, the purple haired boy then glance over to Budo who was still tending to the glasses, still unaware. Riku began to speak. "I was walking from the convenience store one day. My apartment is way down the street, pass the school." He continued. "I was walking down that street when I heard it."

"Hahh...I forgot how good mortal blood tasted." A rich voice says and the sound of something splattering onto the ground was heard. "I want more..."

"Get the hell away from him!" A voice yelled obviously panicked.

"Whats going on...is there a fight happening?" Riku peers around the corner out of curiosity. He was used to seeing people fighting on the streets. His father would always tell him that commoners were like this because they had nothing else to do but fight and that he should stay away from fights. As much as Riku wanted to heed his father's past advice he felt like he couldn't avoid this fight, after all his street was right there past the commotion.

"Well, this is great" Riku mumbles defeated as he peered around the corner to see what was going on. He also mentally prepared himself to walk past the brawl it if it wasn't too serious. but to his surprise when he peered around the corner his vision flooded with a horrendous sight before him.

There was Budo Masuta, the heroic Martial Arts leader covered in shiny crimson blood from head to toe. Riku's purple eyes widen in terror and disbelief, he then noticed what had splattered onto the ground. A severed arm that looked like it was manually teared off a body.

Riku wanted to scream but he knew simply doing that would possibly put him next on the list. He quickly tore his eyes away from the scene and held himself. His hands started to shake and drip with sweat. He needed to get out of there. He didn't want to die.

"AAGGGHHHH!" A blood curdling scream was heard which prompted Riku to turn on his heel and run.

What he just saw was so unbelievable that at first he thought he was somehow dreaming. But no, this wasn't a dream, all of this had just happened, Budo Masuta was a cold blooded murderer. He had never been so scared in his life.

"You...saw him kill someone..." Ayano says softly under her breath. She stared down at the table unable to look Riku in the eyes. "And you didn't tell the police...?"

"Simply saying that I saw him do it won't be enough for the police." Riku says staring down at the table. "When I came back to the scene of the crime, it was like it never happened in the first place. There was no blood or gore plastered on the concrete it was like everything was erased by the time I arrived."

"....Budo-kun isn't a murderer, he wouldn't do that." Ayano says with her bangs covering her eyes.

"Are you implying that I imagined it?"

"Budo-kun, wouldn't do that." Ayano repeated, she felt her lips quiver. She couldn't even imagine Budo as a murderer. It seemed so unreal to her. If there was going to be a monster in this friendship it would be her not him, he was too innocent for something as dark and cruel as murder.

"Ayano...." Riku reaches out and laces his finger through her midnight hair and tucks it behind her ear. "I know he is your friend...but I'm not liar, I know what I saw. For whatever reason that Masuta-kun had framed Osana, Taro must have found out thus his current disappearance. I 100% sure he had something to do with this."

"Don't touch me..." Ayano swatted his hand away in anger, her eyes glared daggers at him.

"Ayano-chan, please don't be mad at me, I'm just trying to protect you." Riku says taken a back by her anger, he didn't expect this reaction at all. At most he thought Ayano would be most grateful for telling her this vile information about her so called friend.

"No, you're saying my friend is a murderer." Ayano says as she continues to glare at him. "He isn't like that...and he is certainly not the reason for Osana's crime and Yamada-kun's disappearance..." Ayano felt her her heart ache when she said disappearance, she didn't acknowledge it until now that Taro had been missing, she almost wanted to cry but right now she was too mad at Riku Soma.

"You may not see it in him, Ayano, but I do. I don't want you to be next on his list of murders. I want to make sure you're safe."

"Why, why do you even care about me, you barely know me!" Ayano snaps, she didn't need him to care for her safety, she was capable of taking care of herself especially if it was Budo. But he would never intentionally hurt her, he made that clear not too long ago. She looks back at Riku waiting for his excuse.

"Ayano......I always see you alone at school...your such a reserved and lonely person that I wanted to get to know you....when you came to help me that day, I couldn't get you out of my mind. In a way, I'm glad that Haruka-san rejected me." Riku says looking at Ayano. "I know it might be too late to say this now but I want to be there for you. I want to be your friend and listen to all your worries. Won't you let me?"

"....." Ayano fell silent she places her silver fork down on the table as she was now finished with this conversation, she got up from her seat. "I need to get back to work."

"Ayano, please don't go." Riku says to her with full of concern, he got up and blocked her.

"Get out of my way, Soma-kun." Ayano says firmly, her eyes narrowing down at him, however, Riku stood his ground not phased by her menacing glare. He looked down at her with his glasses producing a glare of light completely hiding his violet eyes. "If you don't move-"

Before Ayano could even finish her sentence, she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her. Her charcoal eyes widen as Riku Soma embraced her tightly, his head slightly buried in her neck. Ayano felt her body pressed against him as he embraced her so lovingly. She blushed involuntarily.

"Please don't go..." Riku whispers into her ear causing Ayano to shiver as his warm breath hit against her ear.

"Let go of me." Ayano says again firmly as she struggled in Riku's grasp but Riku kept her firmly in place.

"He's going to hurt you, Ayano." Riku says harshly. He wanted her to understand that staying with the Martial Arts leader would only bring trouble. He knew in order to save her, he needed to get her away from him as soon as possible.

"He won't." Ayano hissed as her fingernails embedded itself into Riku's chest. He did not flinch.

"Ayano...?" A voice rang out causing the two to see a shocked Martial Arts Leader. Budo was looking at them with widen eyes. "Whats going on here..?" His eyes narrowed at Riku suspiciously, why was he holding Ayano like that, it sure didn't seem wanted by her.

"Budo-kun." Ayano tears herself away from Riku grasp upon seeing her friend. She quickly went up to him and touched the sleeve of his shirt, she then glanced back at Riku with a glare. "Riku was just about to leave."

"Was he now..." Budo mumbles under his breath.

When he had saw Riku put his arms around Ayano, he had almost dropped the wine glass he was drying. Seeing another man than other than himself hold her like that made him feel nauseated and strange. He didn't like it at all.

Riku stared at Ayano briefly, a hint of sadness flickered in his vibrant violet eyes. He then glances at the Martial Arts leader, the murderer who had plagued his mind with fear and terror since that night. Riku felt his hands clench knowing that Ayano was too stubborn to realize what a monster Budo Masuta was, but right now he needed to be smart.

"Don't be so alarmed, Masuta-kun, I was showing my regards to Ayano after hearing about her horrible experience." Riku says back in his light mood and cheerful smile. He adjusted his glasses as he stares at the Martial Arts Leader intensely.

"Thats not all is it?" Budo says raising an eyebrow, he felt like Riku wasn't telling him the whole truth. There had to be more than that to trigger such a reaction like that.

"Ah, well its kind of embarrassing but I offered Ayano a trip tomorrow to my families company owned Hot spring where she could relax and be tended to."

"...!" Ayano felt her eyes widen, she knew Riku was lying, probably out of fear considering he thought Budo was a murderer but this was going way too far.

"But by herself?" Budo says looking at Riku in disbelief. He started to imagine all the terrible outcomes that could happen to Ayano if he wasn't there to protect her. It sickened him.

"No, I'm not that sly, of course I would let Ayano invite a couple of her friends, isn't that right Ayano?" Riku says looking over to her, she immediately hid her shocked face and reverted back to reserved one, she was about to answer truthfully when Budo suddenly intervened.

"Well, She can't go, because...because I'm taking her out tomorrow!" Budo announced with a wide grin on his face as his arm snaked around Ayano bringing her closer to him. There was no way in hell he would let her go there, especially after that hugging scene he just saw.

"Is that so...I find that kind of unfair that you suddenly just announced this." Riku replies, his pinks lips turning into a frown. Internally, he was annoyed that Budo intervened at all, it was Ayano's choice not his. Suddenly, an idea came to him causing him to smile.

"Yeah, sorry about that, maybe...next time." Budo says with a boyish smile as he scratched the back of his head. He could see Ayano's eyes fixed on him probably sensing the jealously radiating off of him.

"Now, Masuta-kun I won't give up so easily..." Riku says with a grin on his face as his eyes laid fixed on the Martial Arts Leader. "I challenge you."

"Huh..." Budo felt himself taken aback as he looked at the boy with glasses, he didn't expect him to propose a challenge to him, after all, the only people who ever challenged him was his fellow Martial Arts members. Budo then smiled and crossed his arms in interest. "A challenge huh, alright."

"Idiot, don't just accept when you don't even know what the challenge is!" Ayano hissed at him. Budo just patted her head reassuringly.

"Don't worry your pretty little head Ayano, whatever this challenge is, I'm going to make sure I win it!" Budo says proudly looking at her with his trademark heroic smile.

Ayano felt her face sweat by that stupid smile of his. He really was going to do this regardless of anything she had to say, damn that Martial Arts Leader.

"Alright, from observing the interior of this restaurant, I noticed that there is a board of people who had won the 100 bowl Ramen eating contest. I would like to challenge you to that contest."

"Heh, are you sure? I'm pretty fond of eating Ramen that was cooked by Mr. Sakimoto." Budo replies undoing his white apron that was tied around him.

"Heheh...I'm pretty sure, remember if I win, I get to take Ayano to my family springs."

"And if I win, which I surely will, Ayano will be staying with me for our outing."

"Deal."

"I never asked for this..." Ayano says defeated as she watches the two boys send off electrifying competitive auroras.

She wondered if it was it too late to walk away now?

************************

Mr. Sakimoto prepares each fresh bowl of Ramen as each of the boys finish their bowls.

He was ecstatic that the boys wanted to do the Ramen challenge since its been years since there was one. Ayano stood there by the cheering crowd watching the two compete against each other.

"They're both competing for you, huh." Mr Sakimoto comments as he cuts a variety of vegetables into the small bowls.

"Yeah." Ayano says her eyes staying on the Martial Arts leader. She didn't want to know the outcome of this, either Budo or Riku would take her somewhere and she really wasn't looking forward to it. Knowing Budo, he had just said that because he was jealous, but even so if she wanted one of them to win it would definitely be the Martial Arts Leader.

Budo glanced over to her as if sensing her eyes on him, the two briefly locked eyes. Budo smiles and winks at her making Ayano quickly avert her eyes.

"Don't get too distracted, Masuta-kun." Riku says to the Martial Arts leader as he slurped up the remaining of his noodles and chugged some water. "I know exactly how to win this competition."

"Tch.." Budo felt his face flush as Riku had caught him looking at Ayano. He resumed eating the Ramen, his chopsticks quickly picked by the thin noodles as he quickly slurped them. Riku thought he was so smart but little did he know that Budo had been fed noodles since he was a child. He wasn't he even full yet. "Don't be so cocky, Soma-kun, I'm already 67 bowls in while you only have 54."

"Heh, you may be winning so far but eventually I will excel you." Riku smirks, continuing to eat hastily. He would win and convince Ayano to stay by his side instead of the murderers side. He didn't want her to get hurt by the Martial arts leader nor tainted, that was the last thing he wanted. He would keep Ayano safe from him, no matter what.

Mr. Sakimoto quickly prepared six more bowls ready for the boys to devour. "Ayano do you mind if you fill their waters." Mr. Sakimoto says he chops up more vegetables for the Ramen.

"Yes, of course." Ayano says and grabs the pitcher of water off the counter and quickly fills it water crystal clear water. Once the pitcher was heavy and full, Ayano maneuvers through the excited crowd to the table where the boys were seated. All was going well and she felt herself a little distracted as she watch the Martial Arts leader devour the bowl of noodles before him. She couldn't help but grin at his determination.

Suddenly, two little kids full of mischief and energy ran past her, one of them with their arms up as if pretending to be an airplane. Without warning Ayano's skirt suddenly flew up, Ayano's eyes widen in shock as a girly 'KYYAA' escaped from her pink lips.

Both of the boys alarmed by the sudden screamed quickly glances over just in time to see Ayano's skirt swish forward. Immediately, both of the boys faces grew red as well as some of the other boys in the crowd. Ayano quickly pushes her skirt down with one hand and quickly sets the pitcher on the table. Her face was beet red with embarrassment. She felt her heart pound violently against her rib cage knowing that Budo had saw her like that. She felt exposed to him.

"Ayano, are you okay?" Budo says quickly getting up from his seat, before he could reach her he was immediately splashed with the pitcher of water.

"You idiot, you saw, you saw!!" Ayano says red as a cherry as her hands formed into shaking fists. She never felt so embarrassed in her life.

"H-Hey, Soma-kun saw too!" Budo says his face also flushing red as he brushed back his now wet bangs from being pasted onto his face. He had to admit her reaction was adorable but it wasn't fair that he was the only one splashed with water.

"No I wasn't." Riku says flatly dismissing Budo's accusation.

"You liar!" Budo says glaring at the boy with glasses. "You were staring at her too!"

"I believe you were the only one staring Masuta-kun, after all I wouldn't do that, I'm a gentleman."

"What, but I saw you looking!"

"Wheres your proof that I would do such a thing?"

"Uugh, enough of this!" Budo turns back to Ayano, being a girl and having your skirt fly up was flat out embarrassing and Budo understood that but as soon as he turned to her, she was gone. "Ayano!? Wait, where did she go!?" He looked around the crowd frantically for her.

"Masuta-kun, you should pay attention back here..." Riku says with a smug grin as he finishes up a bowl. "I highly recommend that you give Ayano-chan some space. After all, I know how much you hate to lose. "

"Tch!" Budo's fists tighten in irritation as he tuned to the purple-haired boy. That guy was so going down.

_________________________________________________________

Ayano stood outside of the shop with her hands firmly pressed down on her skirt. She needed to get out of there before she did something drastic. The scene was embarrassing, so many people probably saw her underwear and just thinking about that exposure dotted her cheeks red. Ayano covers her beet red face with her hands no longer wanted to think about it. There was no way she could go back inside now.

"Well, this is sure a scene..." A deep voice says, Ayano suddenly removed her hands upon hearing the voice and looks up to see a man standing before her. Immediately, she clenched her teeth out of distaste for the person standing there.

"Doctor Satoru Orochi..." Ayano says her eyes lowered at the sight of him. He wore a brown trench coat along with black jeans. His brown hair swayed with the wind and his blazing grey eyes held her winter cold ones.

"I see you remember my name, Ayano Aishi...you look well." The doctor replies with a smirk slowly creeping on his lips.

"What are you doing here..?" Ayano says facing towards him looking at him with the most coldest eyes she could muster. She in fact didn't forget his name at all, he was the man that did cornered her with his well thought out questions and speculations. But even without those questions she knew that he knew what she really was.

"Don't you know, I'm a regular here at this fine establishment." Satoru answers as he puts a rebellious strand of chocolate brown hair behind his ear.

"I never seen you here before."

"Hehe....lately, I have been busy with this new case that came up recently...only now I had a chance to have a break."

"Are you talking about the case where you harassed me with questions that night I was almost buried alive."

"Touche...but no that case has been settled once those delinquents had been arrested, I'm actually working on a very different case." Satoru says leaning against the store. "Do you know someone by the name of Saki Miyu?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Well I ask Miyu-san a few questions myself...and you see, I put two and two together...your friends with Saki right?...Who's also good friends with a particular girl name, Kokona Haruka."

"...." Ayano felt a shiver run down her spine as he mentioned Kokona's name. Ayano stayed reserved, she couldn't let this doctor be suspicious of her. "What of it..?"

"Haruka-san has been confined to a mental hospital after a very traumatic experience that she won't talk about......coincidentally she's under my care and investigation..."

"And what does that have to do with me...?"

"Well, naturally I would think you and Haruka-san would be mutual friends since your obviously good friends with Miyu-san...but the most strangest thing happened..." Satoru glances over at Ayano, his grey eyes stayed fixed one her. "When I mentioned your name to Kokona...she started to hyperventilate...I wonder why that is...?"

"If she is being confined into a mental hospital there has to be a lot factors to that, I'm sure you, her caretaker can't even go near her in whatever state she is in."

"While that is a good observation, from what I noticed, Kokona only screams when nurses and myself try to come near her however the mention of your name seem to trigger her, she hyperventilated so bad we had to sedate her..."

"Are you accusing me, doctor?" Ayano asks, glaring at the man. "Your saying I have something to do with this?"

Satoru suddenly walks over to Ayano and slams a hand next to her head, pinning her, the sudden action made Ayano jump in surprise. The doctor leans down over to her until they were face to face. Stormy grey eyes to blazing winter charcoal ones.

"I know you did...Ayano Aishi, fortunately for you I don't have enough evidence to prove that in court." He whispers to her.

"You are a persistent doctor aren't you, you knew I was here in the first place so you came to continue your interrogation. Were you perhaps stalking me?"

"Hehe, the act of stalking is under me, I just asked Miyu-san where you would most likely be with that boy...what was his name, Budo Masuta?"

"Do not even speak of his name." Ayano growls with her teeth clenched.

"Why not? He's an interesting character, the heroic type, I used to be just like him when I was his age...so oblivious..."

"Tch, don't talk about him like that, he's smarter than you think."

"Why not, you're only just using him right?"

"Huh.." Ayano felt her breath hitched. "How dare you assume that, he is my friend!"

"If that's what you call your pawns, then so be it, but I'm going to warn you now, don't get this boy involved in your wrong-doings. I can tell when I first met him, he's a good kid with a good heart but you on the other hand...are the exact opposite." The doctor states with a smug smile.

Ayano felt her hand wanting to slap that smug grin off his face. She would have rather dealt with Budo's father than this man. This man could easily read her like a book and it made her feel cornered. "You..don't know anything about me or Budo-kun to be stating your 'righteous' opinion!"

"...Hm...so it does bother you...interesting." The doctor says as if pondering something in his head.

"Hey, whats going on here?"

Both Ayano and Satoru spun around to see Budo standing at the entrance of the door. As soon as he saw the familiar face of the doctor he immediately frowned.

"Budo-kun." Ayano felt herself say out of impulse, she was glad that he came because she would have definitely stuck her heel up Orochi's face.

Budo walks over to the two and pulls Ayano over to him away from Satoru Orochi.

"What are you saying to Ayano!?" Budo demanded as he looked at Satoru with a glare like the night before when he had interrogated her.

Ayano immediately felt herself being pressed against Budo's chest, one of his muscled arms were snaked around her while the other laid against his side. As much as she disliked being touched like this, especially since Budo's shirt was soaking wet, she rather be in his arms than under the eyes of the grey-eyed doctor. Besides, Budo was her friend and she trusted him immensely.

"I was just having a friendly chat with her, Masuta-kun, no need to be so protective." Satoru replies.

"I highly doubt-Achoo!" Budo sneezed in the middle of his accusation. Ayano felt herself jump in surprise at the cute sneeze as well as Satoru who blinked a couple of times.

"You don't seem well Masuta-kun, perhaps you should come by to my office, I am a doctor after all."

"Don't try to change the topic!" Budo snapped wiping the smug grin that rested on Satoru's face. "If you keep harassing Ayano with questions especially without her having a lawyer around. You sure as hell are going to receive a restraining order!"

"...." Satoru fell silent as if he was going over something in his head. "I get it...I'll leave her alone." Satoru says shrugging his shoulder, his grey eyes glances back to Ayano before he turns around and started to walk away. "For now that is..."

Ayano could hear Budo mutter something under his breath as they watch the doctor leave. She never saw Budo take authority like that, it made him look so mature and maybe even charming.

"Ayano, did he do anything to you?" Budo says grabbing her shoulder and looking at her up and down. He then suddenly remembers the skirt flip and quickly releases her with a flushed face. "I-I'm sorry...erm.." Budo scratched the back of his head unable to face her.

"He didn't do anything...but thank you for coming to my aid." Ayano says and slightly bows to him. "I'm sorry I splashed water on you...it seems it got you sick.."

"Hahah, don't worry about that, a little water isn't going to get me sick, besides I feel amazing knowing I won the ramen contest!" Budo announces with a grin on his face. "Looks like your going to be spending Sunday with yours truly!"

Ayano couldn't help but smile at him, she was relieved that he had won which meant she didn't have to deal with Riku Soma. The purple haired boy was acting strange to her in way and she felt that she should distance herself from him.

"C'mon, Mr. Sakimoto... is waiting for us...inside..." Budo says a bit strained as he looked at Ayano with a warm smile. Ayano nods in response.

Budo goes to open the entrance door when he suddenly froze, Ayano looked at him strangely, the Martial Arts leader looked oddly pale.

"Bu..do..?" Ayano says gently as she started to approach him. "Are you okay..."

"Yeah...I'm..fine...Why wouldn't I...be?"

"Well, your starting to sweat...are you burning up?"

Budo brought a hand to his forehead to see that he indeed had start to sweat but not only that but his vision started to unfocused on the door. What was happening to him? Why did he suddenly feel so weak?

"Budo-kun?"

"Don't worry Ayano..I'm finn-" Before Budo knew it his whole mind was shut off from consciousness and he felt himself drop to the ground. He could vividly hear Ayano's footsteps rapidly approaching him.

"B-Budo-kun!" He heard her call to him as he could feel the warmth of her slender arms around his waist, probably being sat up.

Eventually, all the sound around him began to fade until into silence and he began to feel that familiar cold air wrap around him.

He was out like a light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 3.9K 25
Being with you was their decision and I did it right away. You're the one thing I did right. - Akashi Seijuro X OC
384 21 8
Kokona and Ayano both have their sights set on the same guy, Taro Yamada. Ayano deviously plans her rival's demise. She fantasizes over having Senpai...
7.9K 265 17
Ff about COTE, but with my OC. That's all.
1.6K 65 30
☾𝙎𝙖𝙪𝙙𝙖𝙙𝙚; 𝙖 𝙣𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙜𝙞𝙘 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙙𝙞𝙨�...