I love you, I hate you (Re-wr...

By Dreamerxxx18

Finding your soulmate in a werewolf community is the greatest thing that could happen to you. But not to Chas... More

Notice Before You Read
Cast
Synopsis *Edited*
Chapter One *Edited*
Chapter Two *Edited*
Chapter Three *Edited*
Chapter Four *Edited*
Chapter Five *Edited*
Chapter Six *Edited*
Chapter Seven *Edited*
Chapter Eight *Edited*
Chapter Nine *Edited*
Chapter Ten *Edited*
Chapter Eleven *Edited*
Chapter Twelve *Edited*
Chapter Thirteen *Edited*
Chapter Fourteen *Edited*
Chapter Fifteen *Edited*
Chapter Sixteen *Edited*
Chapter Seventeen *Edited*
Chapter Nineteen *Edited*
Chapter Twenty *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-One *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-Two *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-Three *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-Four *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Twisted Fates| New Story Preview
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1|Wedding

Chapter Eighteen *Edited*

2.9K 47 6
By Dreamerxxx18

This is anything but easy, 

but you are anything but weak. 

~ Unknown

Chapter 18.

"Mum, have you packed everything?" I'm sure it is the hundredth time she has asked me today as she anxiously picks on her nails.

"I have everything I might need, courtesy to you. If I have missed anything, I can have someone get it for me," I reassure Mum, but her concern doesn't waver.

"Can we go over the list one more time? For me?" she pleads with a hopeful gaze.

"You said that last time," I remind her.

"This will be the last time. I swear. I just need reassurance." She explains, looking more anxious than ever. It is the first time I've seen her behaving this way. She usually bears herself with grace and calmness. The only other time I saw her crumble was the first time we met after eighteen years. Back then, I was too overwhelmed to register everyone's reaction. Now that I'm calmer, it's even more terrifying because I feel useless. I don't know what to do or say to ease her worries. It's been way too long since I had to comfort someone.

"Mum, we can't do it again. I don't have much time before I have to leave. If we do that now, I won't have time to bid goodbye to you. Trust me and relax," I say, trying to soothe her.

She huffs and rolls her eyes. "Relax is only one word. You'll understand when you have kids yourself. Now, you think I'm being petty."

Not for a second did I think she was petty. She was being a mother, and yes, I don't understand because I'm not yet. "Of course not, Mum. I don't believe you're being petty. Come here-" I open my arms for a hug. She willingly accepts it, burying her face into my shoulder. "I promise nothing will happen to me these days I'll be away. We'll be in constant contact the whole trip. Before you know it, I'll be back."

"You're saying that, but..." She detaches herself. "I can't bear to lose you again. I've been through it once, but won't make it out alive the next time."

Does she...? "What do you mean? What could happen to me while visiting friends?" I ask, confused.

We lock eyes, and her stare is icy as she exclaims, "You're going to Alaska to search for your adoptive parents."

"Ho- How did you know?" I stutter, and my face turns pale.

"I saw the documents on your father's desk. He can't hide anything to save his life. Coincidentally enough, a little while later you asked to leave with only one guard and Julian also claimed he had to return to his pack. I believe in coincidences, but this one isn't."

"You've never seen Julian and I exchange a single word. How did you connect us?"

She shrugs. "I figured Julian has a lot of connections to help you. I didn't buy the whole story of therogue attack so I called an acquaintance of mine to confirm it."

"I'm going even if you try to stop me." I warn her.

"I never intended to."

My eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "You didn't?"

She shakes her head. "You're our daughter. You got our bullheadedness. Since you set your mind on getting answers, you won't cease the efforts until you get them. I'd rather I permit you and know what's happening, rather than have you go behind my back."

I bite my lip hard, tasting blood. "Does Dad know? Did you tell him?"

"Why did you do that to yourself?" She softly whispers. She takes out the handkerchief she always carries and wipes my lip. "Of course, I didn't. Do you think you'd be leaving had he known?"

A few minutes of silence follow before she takes a deep breath. "I wish I had protected you better when I had the chance. Now, it's a little too late. Although, I don't deserve it, please grant me this favor. Whatever happens and what you learn, don't let it get to your mind. You can have time to let it sink in and feel it, but never look back on it again."

"I'll try." I vow.

She smiles proudly. "That's my girl." She kisses my forehead.

"What are you still doing here? The car is waiting for you." Dad informs me, storming into my room.

"Nothing important. I was warning her against creating chaos with Zoey." The lie slips easily from my mum's lips.

"Your mother is right, Sophia. Zoey can be a handful. Don't be a menace to Xander."

That was a little too easy. I'm sorry to you, Dad if you hear this. You're not the brightest star in the sky. Thank God you have Mum.

"I'll be going then."

I bend to pick up my suitcase, but Mum stops me. "Your father will get your suitcase to the car. Let me escort you out."

Mum and I link arms, with my father trailing behind, carrying my bag.

"Johny, where is Julian?" I ask my bodyguard/driver once we have created a safe distance from the palace.

Johny is the pack warrior Dad assigned to accompany me on my trip. Dad wanted more pack warriors for protection, and we had a lengthy argument. In the end, we agreed on one. Even with one, I had a mental breakdown, fearing we'd have to cancel it, but Julian took care of it rather quickly and effortlessly. He used his authority to order her not to mention anything to anyone.

"We're meeting him outside Crescent Moon's -the pack you're visiting- borders. We don't need any unnecessary eyes catching sight of you."

"Alright. I'll get a nap and you can wake me up when we arrive." I use my hand to cover my yawn.

"Of course, Princess."

"Princess, wake up! We've finally arrived," Johny's voice jolts me awake.

I stretch my body and quickly grab my mirror from my bag, trying to look presentable before meeting Julian.

Well, who knows what I might have looked like after sleeping in a car for hours! But, as I check myself out, I realize that I'm not looking too bad except for a few stray hairs, some dried saliva in the corner of my lips, and eye gum on both eyes. Oh well, nothing a quick fix can't handle, right?

Suddenly, while fixing myself, I turn to my right and come face to face with Julian. My hand freezes mid-air, and my mouth drops open. I can't believe he's been sitting there the whole time, and I didn't even notice!

Johny catches my reaction and nods in amusement. Great, now I can't even hide my embarrassment.

I quickly gather myself and plaster a polite smile, lowering the window. "Julian! It's great to see you!" I say, trying to sound as casual as possible.

He bites back a laugh, but his eyes twitch in amusement. "Good morning, Sophia. How are you doing?"

"Fine, and you?" I respond, trying to act as normal as possible.

"Good," he replies, his smile as bright as the sun. "Shall we go now?" he asks.

I nod eagerly, feeling too excited to leave Julian's amusing eyes.

I take the lead, walking in front while Julian trails behind me.

As we reach the borders, I find myself face to face with two male werewolves patrolling the borders. The shorter one asks, "Names and reason for your visit."

"Julian Gryffin. She's with me. We have a meeting with your Alpha," Julian responds, taking charge of the situation. His smile vanished, replaced by a stoic expression.

The man nods, motioning for his pack member to take over, and leads us towards the Alpha's house. "Follow me."

As we walk through the crowded pack, I can't help but notice how friendly everyone seems. People smile at us as we walk by, and it feels like we belong here.

Finally, we arrive at the Alpha's house, and my eyes widen in surprise. It's similar to the house I grew up in, but more modern, and the people seem more welcoming. We walk into an open space before being led down narrow hallways towards the Alpha's office.

"You're here," he says, knocking on the door before pushing it open.

Julian enters the office, and I reluctantly follow him. Out of nervousness, my eyes dart all over the room before they land on the middle-aged, well-built man sitting behind the desk.

He looks at us and says."Welcome Alpha Gryffin. You must be Ava. I've heard a lot about you, and everything is one hundred percent accurate."

I'm stunned. How does this Alpha know me? Did they mention me? What is going on here?

"Please enter. We have a lot to discuss."

To be continued...

Edited: 04/04/2024

Words:1490

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 55.1K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
414K 7.7K 11
The world of the supernatural was kept from humans since the begin of time. there where so many different types of supernatural creatures, from werew...
788K 21K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
279K 7.7K 26
PG-13 25 in category Special 05/07/19 31 in category Heartless 05/07/19 It all happened when i found my mate, see when you find your mate its...