Flamed Out (Roy Mustang X Oc)

By Bohannon_

An au Follows the 09 anime, with swears and heavy topics, but not too heavy. I try to be sensitive to the peo... More

Authors note
Chapter 1 (revised)
Chapter 2 (revised)
Chapter 3 (revised)
Chapter 4 (revised)
Chapter 5 (revised)
Chapter 6 (revised)
Chapter 7 (revised)
Chapter 8 (revised)
Chapter 9 (revised)
Chapter 10 (revised)
Chapter 11 (revised)
Chapter 12 (revised)
Chapter 13 (revised)
Chapter 14 (revised)
Chapter 15 (revised)
Chapter 16 (revised)
Chapter 17 (revised)
Chapter 18 (revised)
Chapter 19 (revised)
Chapter 20 (revised)
Chapter 21 (revised)
Chapter 22 (revised)
Chapter 23 (revised)
Chapter 24 (revised)
Chapter 25 (revised)
Chapter 26 (revised)
Chapter 27 (revised)
Chapter 28 (revised)
Chapter 29 (revised)
Chapter 30 (revised)
Chapter 31 (revised)
Chapter 32 (revised)
Chapter 33 (revised)
Chapter 34 (revised)
Chapter 35 (revised)
Chapter 36 (edited)
Chapter 37 (edited)
Chapter 38 (edited)
Chapter 39 (edited)
Chapter 40 (edited)
Chapter 41 (edited)
Chapter 42 (edited)
Chapter 43 (edited)
Chapter 44 (edited)
Chapter 45 (edited)
Chapter 47 (edited)
Chapter 48 (edited)
Chapter 49 (edited)
Chapter 50 (edited)
Chapter 51 (edited)
Chapter 52 (edited)
Chapter 53 (edited)
Chapter 54 (edited)
Chapter 55 (edited)
Chapter 56 (edited)
Chapter 57 (edited)
Chapter 58 (edited)
Chapter 59 (edited)
Chapter 60 (edited)
Chapter 61 (edited)
Chapter 62 (edited)
Chapter 63 (edited)
Chapter 64 (edited)
Chapter 65 (edited)
Chapter 66 (edited)
Chapter 67 (edited)
Chapter 68
Epiloge
Last author's note

Chapter 46 (edited)

322 9 0
By Bohannon_

(Roy's POV) (promised day, central)

We continued down the same hall, at the same pace. Except Scar and Edward took the lead.

I glanced between them. Do they even know where they're going?

Suddenly they came to a stop. "We're getting close." Scar spoke, staring straight ahead.

"So you can feel it too huh?" Edward asked.

Feel what?

"You mean you can sense his presence or something?" Hawkeye questioned him.

"Let's just say I've got a bad feeling. Best way I can explain it is that my old wounds are starting to ache." He sounded almost nervous.

But now that he mentioned it, I noticed the scar on my abdomen aching. I didn't noticed that before... It felt as if something was trying to come up my throat, something sharp and loud.

We stood just beyond a door, we'd finally reached the end of the hallway. Ed took a breath before taking a step towards the door. The rest of us following him. I've got a bad feeling too...

We walked through the entrance. I feel like I shouldn't be here. Suddenly Ed stopped and gasped.

I looked further into the room and found a man in a doctors coat, he was crouched close to the floor. He stood up as the rest of us came to a stop.

My heart started racing. I don't like this.

"Well now." The man spoke. "I wasn't exactly expecting to have an audience. You're gonna give me performance anxiety." He smiled, letting out a chuckle.

What the hell is he talking about? I felt nervous, my stomach turning. I held my hands up, ready for what ever might come at us.

Ed clapped his hands and generated a blade from his automail. "Who the hell are you?"

Suddenly the lights in the room turned on, I looked back at the man and found that he stood in the middle of a circle.

"How should I answer that? Hmmm." He brought his hand to his chin. "You might know me as the man who created King Bradley."

I straightened up. "Eh?" What?

"That is my most proud accomplishment." He finished.

I glared. "You created the Furher?" My nervousness now replaced with annoyance.

"So it's safe to say." I tightened my glove. "You're obviously working with them!"

"I didn't realize that was you." He got a better look at me. "And here I thought you were at the radio station when in fact you've come here to meet me in person. I can't tell you how much trouble you've saved me, Colonel Mustang." He raised his hand.

Suddenly more people jumped out from the ceiling above him. Except it wasn't really a ceiling, it was more like pipes and tubes that all gathered into one spot.

The men that fell from the ceiling ran towards us, swords in hand.

Shit! I raised my hands again, getting ready to fight.

"Why don't you boys keep them out of my hair for just a few minutes." The doctor spoke to them.

They came towards us and as if it were planned, we split up. Scar and Hawkeye ran one way, Ed and I ran the other way.

They swung at Ed. "Who are these guys?!" He fought against two of them.

I stood back to back with Hawkeye. "More dummy soldiers?" I watched as two of them ran circles around us.

"No!" Scar grunted, dodging the attacks. "They move too deliberately." He tried landing a blow but missed. "It's not just off instinct."

"These men were at one time the other candidates to become King Bradley." The doctor spoke over his shoulder.

I let out a breath hearing his answer. I turned and saw him drawing on the circle he stood in.

"The men who were gathered at birth, raised by the state, specifically educated and trained in combat for the sole purpose of becoming the furher." I spoke, putting the pieces together.

"It took eleven unsuccessful attempts before the creation of King Bradley."  The doctor spoke again.

"So that means... these men," I looked at them.

"You could call them the leftovers I guess. But one things certain, after years of training their skilled warriors in their own right." He continued writing.

Suddenly the men attacked all at once.

So we're fighting a bunch of Bradley's basically.

Ed had two on him and Scar was dealing with one. I swung my hand trying to transmute flames at one of them, but my hand was kicked out of the way.

I grunted as my hand made contact with his foot. I ran around him manoeuvring around his sword. This is starting to piss me off more.

"They may not be as powerful as Bradley himself, but they are strong!" The doctor went on.

I glanced at Hawkeye, watching her rifle was knocked out of her hand.

I put my focus back on the man in front of me, dodging his blade as he swung at me. I tried transmuting again only to be met with another kick.

I growled in frustration.

Suddenly there were gunshots and the bullets flew by me. I glanced back and found Hawkeye aiming her gun at them.

I clenched my jaw.

Damn it! How are we gonna get out of this one?

They're not Bradley, but they're as strong as him.

This won't end well...

(Hunter's POV) (promised day, central) (TW; blood)

I'm not even sure if you feel the same anymore but even after all the, I still call for you.

I still want your comfort and it's frustrating because I shouldn't, you left me.

And yet, you still come to mind.

I wish you were here....

I no longer paid any attention to Bradley and the two fighting him. I almost felt like I was in a daze, I couldn't hear anything and I couldn't get my thoughts straight.

"What a stupid time to go passing out..." Buccaneers voice brought me back.

I gasped and turned. He forced himself up, grunting and shaking.

I knelt down beside him, keeping him up right. "Please Buccy, stop moving." I pleaded with him.

"Kid..." He looked down at the sword still stuck inside him. "I forgot about this..." He grabbed onto the handle, trying to pull it out.

"No! Don't!" I stopped him. "Don't pull it out."

He let go. "Oh, right. I better keep it in or I'll just bleed to death." He looked back up at the battle.

"Yeah, stupid." I leaned against him.

He scoffed. "I'm stupid?" He looked at me.

"Uh yeah! You're the one who charged at him, when I said not to!"

He frowned. "You got your face whipped!" He gestured to my face.

I scoffed. "Only because I was trying to stop you!"

"You're both stupid!" Moscow spoke from across the platform. Both of us snapped our heads in his direction. He quickly straightened and saluted. "Sorry! I'm very sorry!"

I rolled my eyes and looked back at Buccaneers wound. This is a puncture wound and it's in the worst spot possible.

He grunted, looking back at Greed and Bradley. "So he's still going strong."

I looked in their direction. "Yeah, he's doing most of our work."

Greed was thrown towards the old man, the old man ended up hitting Greed.

"Ow!" He held his back. "What the hell old man?!"

"It's not like I meant-" He gasped. "Incoming!"

Bradley lunged at them, Greed and the old man managed to dodge. Though Greed was knocked onto his back.

Bradley stuck one of his knives into the ground, securing Greed's jacket into the ground.

The old man and Bradley continued fighting. However Bradley was gaining the upper hand.

"No..." I breathed.

I quickly glanced back at Greed, he just laid there. "What the hell's he doing??" Buccaneer growled.

I looked back at the fight and then back at Greed, quick glancing between him and the fight. I have to do something.

"I'm sorry Buccy." I left Buccaneers side and ran to Greed's side.

Greed grunted as I came close. "What the hell are you doing?! You should be helping your friend over there!" He gestured to Buccaneer.

"Me?!" I snapped at him. "What about YOU?! You're just laying here!" I tried to force the knife out of the ground.

"Don't take that tone with me sweetie!" He snapped back at me.

I continued trying to remove the knife. "You hate Bradley just as much as I do, so I'm gonna do everything I can to help you."

He just looked me up and down. "What has Bradley done to you?"

I chuckled. "Ooh don't even get me started."

I glanced back at Bradley and the old man, Bradley managed to knock his sword out of his hand, successfully catching it midair and completely gaining the upper hand.

The old mans new weapon broke, he jumped back putting distance between himself and Bradley.

I watched as the old man's forehead bled, he blinked harshly and wiped the blood from his eyes.

"Look out!" I yelled as Bradley swung at him.

The old man didn't have enough time to react, he was sent flying back, his body armour getting destroyed in the process.

That really just happened.

I looked back at Greed. "Old man Fu!" This time it was Ling speaking.

"Just take your coat off!" I was starting to get frantic. I looked back at the old man and gasped as Bradley stood over him, his sword raised.

Without thinking I snapped my fingers and sent flames blazing towards him.

At the same time, Ling swiftly scooped up the old man before Bradley could bring his sword down on him.

I looked back at Bradley, this time I managed to fully reach him. He stood in his spot, waiting for the flames to put themselves out. Man what the FUCK?! How can he just stand there and burn?? Doesn't that hurt?

I glanced at Greed and the old man.

"Kid!" Buccaneer gestured for me to check on Fu.

I ran passed the burning Bradley. "How are you doing Ling? Alright?" I knelt beside them.

He just kept his eyes locked on Bradley.

"Well if it isn't the young prince." Bradley spoke.

I glanced at his burning figure and then turned back to the old man, putting my hand on his back.

"I can't help recall the last time we fought when I took that girls arm. It seems that once again you'd rather risk your own life and give up on something that's not even worth fighting for." He antagonized him.

"Lay him down." I looked at Ling. He nodded and laid the old man down.

"Young lord, forgive me. My life isn't worth fighting for." The old man whispered.

"Don't give me that crap! Are you honestly telling me that I should be like him! A king should fight for his people because he is nothing without them. This man is about to sacrifice his own nation, his people." Ling spoke.

"I'll never become the monster that he is!" He spat.

I further examined the old man. Incised wound, clean cut and lots of blood... I looked at the pool of blood surrounding him.

"Smith throw me your bag!" I ordered.

He took out his medical bag and threw it at me. I quickly caught it and began digging through it. I pulled out gauze and applied pressure to his bleeding wound.

"If you're truly a man worthy to be king." The old man gurgled. "You must be able to accept some loss."

"You're gonna be fine old man!" I applied more pressure.

He opened his mouth to speak but ended up coughing up more blood. I gasped holding up his head so that he wouldn't choke.

"Ah! You need to rest! Please!" Ling insisted.

I grunted. "I can't stop the bleeding!"

The old mans eyes widened as he looked at the blood pouring out of him.

I grunted. "You're not dying today old man!"

Ling let out shaky breaths as he watched the situation unfold.

"William!" I called for his assistance. "I need more hands!"

I glanced at Bradley, he had begun regenerating.

And then the old man began laughing.

"Huh?" I turned back to him. Laughing??? This isn't the time to be laughing??

"You're right young lord, I need rest. Time for this old man to find rest." He was barely audible at this point. He looked at me. "Thank you for your kindness, but I'm sorry miss."

"What?"

Suddenly my chin collided with his fist and I was sent backwards. I let out a surprised yelp.

"Kid!"

"Major!"

"Fu!" Ling grabbed onto him but the old man managed to get out of his grasp as well.

"Harden your shield Greed! Protect the young lords body!" The old man shouted.

I was in too much pain to even see what was going on. The impact of his fist to my chin made my eye and lip throb again.

I grunted, rubbing my chin and jaw.

"Major!" Smith and William knelt down next to me. I glanced at Ling and his body was completely hardened.

I watched as Ling's face turned to horror, I turned and found Fu running towards Bradley. How are you able to run right now???

Fu ripped his shirt. "This old servant as no choice but to offer his retirement!" He yelled.

I gasped as Fu revealed the bombs attached to his abdomen. He removed the pull pins. Bradley's face didn't change however, he wasn't surprised at all.

Ling let out a horrified gasp as the scene unfolded. "You stubborn fool!"

I glanced back at Fu and Bradley and sat back knowing what was about to come next. You are a fool old man...

Fu lunged towards Bradley. "I'm taking you straight to hell with me Bradley!" He grabbed Bradley's forehead. "You bastard!!!"

My eyes saddened as I knew his effort would be useless.

There was a flash and a pause.

Bradley had swung his sword across Fu's abdomen, disabling the bombs before they could explode.

Fu was left in the air grumbling and wheezing.

I watched as more blood poured out of Fu. My gaze turned to grief as I watched his body fall.

I'm sorry Fu....

Time stopped as Buccaneers figure came into view.

I let out a slow breath as I watched the scene unfold right in front of my eyes.

Buccaneer had pulled Bradley's sword out of his stomach and impaled both Fu and Bradley.

I sat in silence as Buccaneer spoke. "The philosopher stone might've given you the eyes of a god, but even you can't dodge an attack if you can't see it coming!" His voice shook.

Bradley's face turned dark, a hint of surprise lingered in his eyes.

"Alright old man, maybe you are going to hell but you aren't going alone. I'll keep you company on the ride down." Buccaneer promised Fu.

"Oooooh, you have my gratitude, thank you." Fu's voice disappeared.

My world shattered as Bradley forced the sword out of him by kicking both Fu and Buccaneer away. I sat silent as I watched Fu and Buccaneer hit the ground.

Meanwhile Ling attacked Bradley in a fit of rage and managed to break the sword he was using

I couldn't move, I couldn't breath, I couldn't even comprehend what has just happened.

I sat completely still looking at Buccaneers body, my eyes wide and my breath shaky.

I understood what had just happened and yet, at the same time, I couldn't process it. It was like I was in a daze, a dream.

"GRANDFATHER!"

The sound of a girls shriek pulled me out of my daze.

I turned my head.

"Huh?"

(Roy's POV) (promised day, central)

A few minutes passed and we were still up against these guys, no one had even landed a scratch on them.

"I get these guys are all super human, but come on! This is just ridiculous!" Ed spoke fighting two of them. He managed to grab the arm of one and threw him over his shoulder, but the man just manoeuvred through the air and landed on his feet.

Scar couldn't land a hit either, he just barely managed to dodge the mans sword.

I punched one of them in the face.

I heard a grunt behind me, I knelt down and barely escaped the guys sword. I sprung up and elbowed him which caused him to stumble back, I landed another hit on him.

I had my back turned and large arms wrapped around me. I struggled against him for a second, then I threw myself forward and then forced myself all the way back hitting the guy in the head.

He let go and stumbled back, I ran and Hawkeye shot him. I flung myself back, ready to snap my fingers while I had the chance.

Suddenly I was back to back with someone.

My eyes widened and I lunged forward. I came face to face with this person. But felt relieved to know it was only Hawkeye.

She fired her guns, my eyes widened. What?!

I turned my head when I heard grunts, she had shot one of the men. Thank god..

"You keep leaving your back wide open sir." She sounded stern

"Well, I gotta give you something to do." I retorted.  "A-Ah!" I swiftly punched another guy.

And it continued on like this. Back and forth, this way and that way. Realistically it had only been a few minutes since we had entered the room and we were completely pinned.

"I suppose it's about time we got started." The doctor spoke after being quiet for some time.

Hawkeye turned and shot at him but one of the men jumped in the way, taking the bullets for him.

"Now number 16, number 17, number 21, number 23, and number 26, come join me." He ordered.

The men blindly followed his orders.

Ed knocked back the guy he was up against. "What's he doing?!"

I looked down at the circle he was standing in, my stomach dropped. No...

Ed gasped also noticing the circle.

"Now then! Here goes!!!" He raised his hand and slammed it in the centre of the circle, a blue light formed under his hand. The circle lit up and transformed into an even bigger circle.

I stood my ground, the electricity from the circle flew passed us. My heart raced at what was happening.

"What have you done?" Ed yelled.

"This? This right here is just the beginning. You seem like a smart boy, do you know how many military operated alchemy laboratories there are here in Central?" The doctor spoke, still inside of the circle.

"The last I heard, they've only got four labs left in the city." Ed paused. "The fifth laboratory. They got five."

That means...

"It's a transmutation circle." He took the words right out of my mouth. "The entire city." He connected the dots.

"You mean, it's connecting all the laboratories into a circle?!" Hawkeye spoke.

The ground around us shook vigorously. Shit! It's actually happening!

Suddenly the shaking stopped and the blue light disappeared and was replaced with a purple one.

I looked in horror as tiny shadow like arms rose from the circle. The hands grabbed at the men that stood in the circles, their bodies began disappearing. What the hells going on??

Ed grunted as a large eye opened from underneath him. "What?!" He looked down.

My breath hitched as the same tiny arms rose from the eye and grabbed at him as well. He grunted and screamed as they wrapped around him, his body began disappearing.

The rest of us stood in horror.

"No.. Fullmetal!" My voice shook.

No!

Ed grunted reaching his hand out, trying to reach the man in the circle. His glare was set on him. "You... bastard!!!" He yelled.

He fought against the large energy until there was a bright light and his body disappeared.

The room stood still and silent.

I breathed harshly, shocked at what just happened.

Edward?

———————————————————————————————————————————————————Bohannon

Well anyways, thanks for reading!

-I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist or any its characters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

334 14 4
"Fuck you ! If you're not happy about us, You can leave like you used to ! Like your father !" Thoses were the last words he heard from her three yea...
30.4K 709 25
Hey guys! This is my first ever x reader so if it is bad I am so sorry. This story line will not be like the story line of the anime so yeah. I am tr...
991 29 13
This is the first time I've written a story like this, however I feel that I should explain some plot points since I did try to stick as close to the...
6.9K 101 11
Y/n, a name no one has ever heard of, but they'll soon know it. For he will be known as the Batshit Hunter. A man who shows no fear, rushing into bat...