Lotus (Legends Of Tomorrow...

By Providentia-

Now that the Time Masters are destroyed, it's up to Kate Rory and the Legends to guard the timeline. But new... More

Cast
1. We are the Legends
2. Einstein
3. Back To The Future
4. The JSA
5. Steel boy
6. Japan
8. 1987
9. Damien Darhk
7. Zombies
10. The Old West
11. Quentin Turnbull
12. Team-building
13. A dream world
15. Al Capone
16. Kidnapped
17. Grim Freakin' Reaper
18. George Lucas
20. George Washington
21. Christmas
19. The Call
22. The light
23. NASA and Secrets
24. Neil Armstrong who?
25. Stuck in Space
26. The Spear of Destiny
27. Helping ourselves
28. The Legion of Doom
...

14. Ghosts of the past

1.3K 28 3
By Providentia-

We're back in the warehouse. We told Barry and the so called 'nerd army' what happened. "I can't believe that you guys escaped an alien spaceship. Key words: alien spaceship. I have questions." Cisco says.

Robin Hood turns him down. "They can wait." Then he turns to Nate. "Thanks for helping me get my sister home."

"Yeah, man."

"What's our status?" Robin asks the others.

Barry gives him a disappointing answer. "Nothing, since the Dominators paid their little visit to mess with our heads."

"Why would they do that?" Nate asks.

"What if they were trying to pit us against each other, in order to gain intel about meta-humans?" Haircut suggests.

"Man, I wish they would just send us an IM with a questionaire." Felicity says.

"Well, meta's posed the biggest threat to their invasion." Kara points out. "It would make sense they'd want to get to know their enemies."

"By kidnapping people, perhaps they were searching your minds for potential meta-human vulnerabilities." Professor egghead adds.

"But they kidnapped me... I'm a metahuman." I only realise what I said after I said it, so I can't take it back anymore.

"Wait, you're a metahuman!?" Robin Hood asks in shock.

"She is The Ghost actually." Professor egghead says.

I could kill him right now.

Cisco and Barry's eyes are immedietly on me. "Wait, what!?" They say in unision.

Felicity puts it together. "The Ghost... As in the mischievous mystical force that taunted Central City for years?"

"As in the girl with invisiblity and a messed up past that was just trying to survive." I correct her.

Sara takes my hand, and I give her a greatful smile in return. Robin Hood is about to say something, but lucky for me, I have an idea about the current problem. This one doesn't involve mass murder, but it isn't the friendliest idea either.

"How about we kidnap one of them?" After receiving no answer, I add: "Or do you heroes don't do kidnapping?"

"Well, ever since we fought off that one ship, they've kind of been in short supply." Barry tells me.

"Actually, I know where to find one." Nate says. He starts going to the tables with the computers, so I follow him. "I've been reviewing old Army footage of their first encounter with the Dominators, and I think I pegged the fight to Redmond, Oregon 1951."

On the footage he shows us, we see sholdiers getting shot by Dominators. At the end there's even a clear shot of a Dominator.

"You're suggesting we travel to 1951, abduct a Dominator, and interrogate it to determine their intentions." Egghead checks.

Sara is up for it. "They kidnapped us. Seems fair."

"Whoa. Time Travel. I'm definetly in." Cisco says.

Barry decides to step on his dreams. "Okay, hold on, though. Professor Stein and Caitlin have been talking about a way to take down the Dominators. They could probably use your help"

He's not having it. "Pass."

"Yeah, I mean, I'm with him." Felicity adds. "Mostly 'cause I just don't want to lose my geek cred, but time travel!."

"I could take Amaya and Mick." Nate offers. He looks at me and Haircut for a second to ask if we're coming, but we both don't really feel like it.

"Do it." Robin Hood responds. Cisco and Felicity leave with Nate, full of excitement.

"And, uh, the new president called." Barry says, mostly to Robin. "Which would be cool under different circumstances, but she wants to meet with us. "

"Let's bring Ray and Sara as backup." He replies.

Supergirl speaks up. "What about me? I can do backup."

"Can I talk to you and Lotus for a second?" Robin asks.

Kara and I share a look, then we follow him. "I would like to minimize your envolvement in this." He tells us.

I roll my eyes in response. "What? 'Cause you don't trust me?"

"Can you blame me? You did try to kill me multiple times." He says.

"No I didn't." I argue. "I tried to accomplish my missions, while you kept getting in my way. What was I supposed to do? Just let you put me in jail?"

"It is certainly better than unleashing a lethal virus on Hong Kong, or stealing medicine from hospitals."

Kara is following this conversation with wide eyes. "You stole medicine from hospitals!?"

"My sister did that."

Robin Hood isn't in the mood for a discussion. "Look, if we really need your help, then you can help, but for now you should just stay here."

I roll my eyes again, walk over to the desk, and sit down in one of the now empty chairs.

"Kate, you coming?" Haircut asks me. Sara is standing next to him in her White Canary outift.

"No. I got benched." I reply with a fake smile.

Sara frowns. "I gotta talk to Oliver."

I stop her. "Wait. I'm tired from being kidnapped anyway. I could use a break. Do some bonding with Supergirl." The last part was obviously sarcastic.

"You sure?" Sara asks.

I put my legs onto the desk and take a bag of licorice out of my pocket. "Yeah, I'm good."

"I'll get you an autograph from the president." Haircut says. I'm about to stop him, but he's already gone.

Sara gives me a kiss and a loving smile, which I return. Then she follows the others.

---

Apparently, Barry Allen can save the world by turning himself in to the Dominators. He's now considering the offer, while the rest of us are trying to talk him out of it. I'm sitting next to my brother, who's drinking a beer. I'm not sure where he got the beer though.

Barry paces around the room. "This isn't up for debate. It's not even a close call. I mean... Turn myself over to the Dominators, they leave the rest of the world alone. Simple."

Felicity disagrees. "No it's not simple."

Diggle does too. "Barry it doesn't matter what you've done. You can't do this."

He starts saying his goodbyes. "It's been an honor to know all of you, to fight alongside of you. Now it's up to you to keep our home safe."

He turns around and leaves. "Barry! I'm not letting you leave!"

"No offense, Oliver, but you and what army?" He asks.

He turns around to see all of us, backing Robin Hood up. Even my brother and I. "This one." Kara replies.

"Listen red, I don't like you. But when you got a crew, you don't take a hit for the rest." My brother says. I nod my head in agreement.

Barry chuckles. "That was actually pretty inspiring. I mean up until the point that Mick compared us to a bunch of criminals but..."

What? It was one of the most inspiring things I heard Chucky say.

"Accoring to the Dominators, we might as well be." Amaya says.

Wait, Amaya's here? I didn't even notice.

"And maybe they're right. Maybe we do more harm than good, but this is our chance to find out." Nate adds.

Cisco carries on. "We're not letting you sacrifice yourself. There's no way. I don't care if that's what it means to be a hero. You're not a hero to me. You're my friend."

Luckily, Sara and the kid break up the touching moment. "Yo, guys. You know that ship that landed in Central City?" Kid asks.

Sara finishes for him. "It's opening up."

"Here we go." Robin Hood says.

---

Felicity runs to her computer, which is making a beeping noise. "I'm reading reports of ships opening all over the world. Oh frak."

Robin looks at the screen in front of us. "Talk to me."

She does so. "Something from the Dominators' mothership just broke atmo, and, not to get too technical, but it's really, really big and falling to earth really, really fast."

"It's the meta-bomb." Barry realises.

Meta bomb? Nobody said anything about a meta bomb.

"Why would they drop ships on us if they're just gonna blow us up?" I wonder.

Robin Hood answers me. "Because the ships were a distraction to keep us from stopping the meta bomb."

"Too bad 'cause we're gonna stop it." Cisco says over the comms.

"We have to keep the Dominators at bay." Robin Hood points out.

That's when professor egghead walks in. "This might help. I've mass-produced a small device that when placed on individual Dominators, will 'cause indescibable agony. Not the nicest invention, but this is war."

"Nice going." Barry complements him.

If I'd known that superheroes cared so little about morals, I'd have joined team Flash. Not team Arrow, too much brooding.

But according to egghead, there's a catch. "The caveat, of course, is that if we activate the weapons before all the devices are placed on the Dominators, they'll know what we're up to."

I shrug. "Well, we gotta do it fast then."

"Only way I know how." Barry says.

I should've known he'd say that.

---

We're standing on one side of the rooftop, dressed and ready. The dominators are on the other side. They're slowly coming our way.

The moment Barry starts to run, we all move. I turn invisible and take my sword. Now that we're fighting aliens, I decided to bring it out again.

I spin it around and pierce it through one of them. This catches the attention of the other Dominators. The ones that aren't busy fighting the heroes go towards the body. One of them thinks he knows where I am and tries to hurt me with his big claws.

He wasn't too far off, but he was off. I kick him in the stomach, he/she falls on his knees, giving me the oppertunity to drive my sword through his heart. Considering that he's already wearing one of those pain devices from professor egghead, I did him a favour.

I work my way through the other Dominators, until I notice that one of the aliens cornered Robin Hood at the edge of the rooftop. Whose briliant idea was it to do this on a rooftop?

I cut the leg of the Dominator that's currently standing in my way, and run to Robin Hood. I manage to grab his hand before he completely falls down.

I see a confused look from him under his mask, because he can't see me. I turn visible and start to pull him up. But before I have the chance, a Dominator comes running at me. I take my knife and throw it into his stomach.

Supergirl flies in, she takes Robin Hood from me and puts him down on the rooftop again. He gives us a nod. I hold my hand up, causing my knife to fly over to me. Then all three of us join the fight again.

Felicity and some others are talking through the comms, but I'm not listening. I just keep going, until they inflict the pain. Which happens not much later.

The Dominators crumble to the ground. "It's working." Robin Hood says.

"What about the superhero bomb?" Chucky asks.

We look upstairs, where the bomb was. We see it transform into water and fall on us. I sigh, both in relief and in annoyance, because my hair is wet now.

"Ground, what's you status?" Sara asks through the comms.

Yellow light picks the Dominators up. "They're retreating." I reply.

"It's not just them." Felicity says (also on the comms). "It's all around the world."

Oliver walks upto us. "He did it."

"No, Oliver..." Kara starts.

"We all did it." Barry finishes.

---

So I was told that there would be a party. But first we have to endure a speech from the president. See, most people would call it an honor to be thanked by the president. I, on the other hand, find it boring.

The new president starts her speech: "Many responsibilities have fallen to me since the president's passing at the beginning of this crisis. Sobering, sad responsibilities. This is not one of them. Today it is my distinct honor to bestow upon you a small acknowledgement of the great debt that the world owes to you all."

"Is it just me, or is she really hot?" Chucky whispers in my ear.

I take a better look at her. "She's hot."

My brother, content, stands back in line. But Sara isn't too content. "Watch it, honey."

I give her a cheecky smile, and listen to the speech again. "Know that meta-human or not, masked or not, each and every one of you is a hero."

---

Felicity pops the champagne. "Whoo!"

I'm kind of disappointed that we're drinking champagne. Luckly for me, Sara brings out a flask. "Let's go drink." She says. Amaya, the kid and I follow her.

We drink and have some fun. Haircut joins us for a second, giving me the autograph he promised. Since the first time was a trap, he got it now. Even though I don't actually want an autograph from the president, I do find the gesture sweet.

Then Robin Hood shows up. "Lotus, can I talk to you?"

I shrug and follow him. "My name is Kate by the way."

"Alright, Kate." He gives me a forced smile, but it isn't exacly a mean one. "I know I haven't been very nice to you, but I think you can understand why."

"Because I tried to kill you?" I wonder. "You tried to kill me too."

He sighs. "Let's not get into that right now. My point is, I think you've proven that you're more than just a villain. And everyone else seems to have given you a second chance, so I think I should give you one too."

I nod. I'm now going to say something that I never thought I'd ever say. "I'm sorry I tried to kill you."

I thought saying those words would be worse actually... But I'm not planning on saying them more often.

His smile seems a little bit less forced right now. "Fresh start?" He asks, holding out a hand for me.

I shake it. "Fresh start."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 3.1K 49
A Nyssara FanFic (Arrow) Sara Lance is the sweet yet rebellious daughter of a police detective. Though co-captain of the cheerleading team, she was...
10.4K 312 23
Brooklyn and Maddie are back for season 5 of Legends of Tomorrow!! Starting with crisis and escalating into typical Legends madness!! **I DO NOT OWN...
6.1K 212 21
Brooklyn Cooper and baby Maddie are back for season six! Sara and Brooklyn were abducted by...aliens? Sure, why not? Separated in the beginning, what...
3.7K 187 27
My name is Sara Lance. After helping to reboot the universe, I found myself thrust into a strange new world and like before, I've been many different...