Chosen Ones

Da viper_ri

Percy Jackson is believed to have the best past out of the Seven. What will happen when they find out he does... Altro

Disclaimer
A Not So Great Past
Thalia and Jason
Percy's Talents and Past
A/N
Umm
Questions
New Cover!!!!
The Fates Officially Suck
What The...
Unbelievable
Plain Sight
Thalia's Secrets
The Hearing Part 1
Hearing Part 2
A Trip to the Past
Arrival
Diagon Alley
The Dinner and Sorting
Common Room, Rules, + Extra Scene
Classes
Classes Part 2??
Sevvy is Mean
I am an Idiot- not any of the characters......me
Will(Ch.22)
New Power
A/N (IMPORTANT)
Daily Prophet
Quick A/N
Unexpected Promotion
Wimps, Centaurs, and Mini Cerberus's
#BLM
Tagged ( I hate this)
Fudging Trolls Man, Know What I Mean
Quidditch Nightmares
Love is Weird and Hermione is...
Pretentious Girls and Bickering Morons
Mirrors, Christmas, and Sticks
Sorry... A/N
New Book Cover!
Whiners, Unicorns, and Glowy Hands
Voldie Did What Now
Exams, The Plan, and Fluff
We All Know Who Is Right
Unknown End
New Cover!...Again
Epilogue

Flamel, Slytherins, Dragons, and 'Rats'

523 5 4
Da viper_ri

A/N-  I believe most of you know this song... it is " drivers license" by Olivia Rodrigo

For the rest of the Christmas holidays, the cloak remained folded at the bottom of Harry's trunk. But Harry couldn't stop thinking of what he had seen in the mirror. He started having nightmares. Soon after Percy too woke up panting in the middle of the night. Thinking of the friends he lost and what he could have had had he not went on that field trip.

" Looks like Dumbledore was right eh Perce," Harry spoke as the trio walked to the Quidditch fields. Annabeth and Harry had a date with the devil this morning. Wood had been working them like a fanatic to win the next game. If they won this next game against Hufflepuff they would take over Slytherin in the race for the house cup. The two teammates were dragging Percy along to watch them suffer.

"About what Harry?" Percy questioned.

" Remember when he said many who looked in the mirror went mad from what they witnessed?"

"yes.. are you saying you're going mad?"

"Well no, but I been having nightmares about my parents. And I assume when you wake up in the middle of the night you're too having bad dreams."

"Oh, ya I guess he was right," Percy muttered and walked to the stadium benches to watch our practice.

" What's up with him?" Harry asked Annabeth, jabbing a thumb in his direction.

" I don't know, but I will find out later today in Mr. Brunner's class."

Harry and Annabeth ran off to join to Weasley twins, who were complaining about their ever so cheerful Captain.

***

Nicolas Flamel was still a problem. They had almost given up hope of ever finding a mention of Flamel in a library book. Harry was still sure he had read the name somewhere, where was the question. They had taken to skimming the books over and over again during their breaks. Unfortunately because of their Captain, Annabeth and Harry had even less time. Adding to that Snape was referring to their next match. He never referees a match, and now suddenly he has chosen to. Hermione seemed to think this was part of his scheme to steal that package that Fluffy is hiding.

" Come on you guys don't think that's even a little suspicious?! Harry, you can't play the game."

" I have to Hermione!"
"No you don't they'll be fine without you. Pretend to break your leg or something!"

" Actually break your leg, it's more believable," Nico added.
" We don't have a backup seeker Hermione, he has to play!" Annabeth exclaimed.

At that moment Neville toppled into the common room. His legs looked like they were locked together. How he'd managed to hop through the portrait was anyone's guess. The curse that had been placed upon him they'd recognize to be a Leg-Locker curse. Most people in the room fell over laughing except for Hermione and Annabeth. They performed the counter curse and lifted him up to his feet.

" What happened Neville?" Hermione asked, leading to their spot in the crowded room.

"Malfoy," said Neville shakily. " I met him outside the library. He said he'd been looking for someone to practice on."

" Go to Professor McGonagall!" Percy urged him as he joined the conversation. Hermione glared in his direction but turned her attention back to Neville.

"I don't want more trouble," he mumbled.

" You have to stand up to him, Neville!" said Ron. " He's used to walking all over people, but that's no reason to lie down in front of him and make it easier."

"There is no need to tell me I'm not brave enough to be in Gryffindor, Malfoys did that," He choked out.

Harry handed him a chocolate frog he'd kept for later. Neville looked like he was about to cry.

You're worth twelve of Malfoy," Harry said. " The sorting hat chose you for Gryffindor, didn't it? And where's Malfoy? In stinking Slytherin."

Neville's lips twitched into a weak smile. " Thanks, Harry, I think I'll go to bed, D'you want to card, you collect them don't you?"

Neville handed the card to Harry as he walked by.

" Dumbledore again," he said, "He was the first one I ever-"

Harry gasped. He stared at the back of the card. More the inscription that was written there.

" I've found him!" He whispers shouted. " I've found Flamel! I told you I'd read the name somewhere before, I read it on the train coming here. Listen to this: ' Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon/s blood and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicholas Flamel!'"

Hermione jumped to her feet. Everyone stared at her. Most of them, the demigods, in particular, weren't Hermione's biggest fans but she seemed to have something that would help them all.

"Wait here!" She said as she sprinted up the stairs to the girls' dormitories. They didn't even have time to take a breath before she dashed downstairs with a big brown book in her hands.

" I never thought to look in here," she whispered excitedly. " I got this out of the library weeks ago for a bit of light reading."

" Light?" Percy questioned. She glared at him and shushed everyone before opening the book and looking for a specific page.

"I knew it, I knew it!"

"Are we allowed to speak yet?" Percy grumbled. Not likely her attitude towards him.

" Nicholas Flamel," she whispered dramatically, " is the only known maker of the Sorcerers Stone!"

This didn't have the effect she'd been looking for.

" The what?" Nico questioned. He was busy expanding the mind link so Will could hear their conversation as well.
" Sorcerers stone Neeks," Will spoke through the link.

"Oh, honestly don't you guys read? Look- read that, there.'

She pushed the book towards Annabeth.

" The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the philosophers stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal.

There have been many reports of the sorcerer's stone over the centuries, but the only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, and opera lover. Mr. Flamel, who celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday last year, enjoys a quiet life in Devon with his wife, Perenelle( six hundred and fifty-eight.)

" See?" Hermione said as Annabeth finished reading.

"Fluffy must be guarding the stone. I bet Flamel asked Dumbledore to keep it safe for him since their friends and all. That's why he wanted someone to take the stone out of Gringotts.

" A stone that makes gold and stops you from dying!" said Percy. " No wonder someone wants to steal it!"
"Yeah that someone is is Snape! Come on Percy you have to believe something's off with him,"

"Listen Hermione just cause you're smart doesn't mean you're always right ok. And not everyone's going to agree with you. But I can say that we have to figure out what to do next and find out what exactly is in between the thief and that stone. Obviously, the dog is only one task to get to the stone. We need to find out what the others could be. And before we do that we have to go to Defense Against the Dark Arts ok."
Hermione stood there gaping and everyone left to go to class. She stood there until her brain caught up with Percy's words and rushed off to class as well.

***

They all thought about the possibilities while writing about how to treat werewolf bites. All they came up with were spells for protection. The match between Slytherin and Gryffindor was trudging closer and closer. Snape seemed to turn up wherever they were. Hermione was thinking that maybe Snape somehow knew about their knowledge of the sorcerer's stone. She believed that Snape was attempting to catch them without all the other students around to confront them. The demigods knew she was being ridiculous but kept quiet during her rants on how Snape is evil.

The match arrived sooner than they'd hoped. Everyone wished Annabeth and Harry good luck in the locker rooms before Madam Hooch ushered them to the stands. Hermione kept murmuring the leg locking curse, Locomotor Mortis, under her breath attempting to memorize it. She had gotten the idea from the trick Malfoy played on Neville. She was going to spell Snape if she suspected foul play or him attempting to harm the Gryffindors, particularly Harry and Annabeth. Percy tried to persuade her to drop the subject but she would not listen.

"Everyone ready!" Snape drawled out.

A series of head nods and 'hell ya' from Marcus Flint and the Weasleys, gave Snape the signal the wave the checkered flag and start the game.

Hermione was staring at Snape, "I've never seen him look so mean," she muttered. Nico rolled his eyes while Thalia just groaned. Hermione gave them a 'what' look but turned back to the high-paced game. Percy just ignored her scanning the field for his Wise Girl.

Annabeth whizzed past Marcus Flint as she headed towards the Slytherins goal posts. She passed Angelina who dodged a flying bludger and continued toward the goal. Before she could score she was sandwiched between Flint and another chaser. She dropped a couple of feet and in one swift move passed the ball to Annabeth who threw the ball right through the center hoop.

Percy cheered and whistled. Annabeth grinned at him as she zoomed past the stands. Harry was circling the arena keeping an eye out for the Golden Snitch as well as Snape. While he wasn't as sold on the topic of Snape wanting the sorcerer's stone as Hermione, he was wary.

" Blimey," Ron spoke as he scanned the packed stands. "The whole schools come to watch, even Dumbledore!'

"What?" Will questioned scanning the stands a well, " Dumbledore doesn't normally come to watch the games, does he?"

" He does occasionally but he normally doesn't have an opinion on who he thinks is going to win. But look at his attire! He's decked out on Gryffindor colors! Does anyone know what house he was in when he attended Hogwarts?" Thalia asked.

"He was in Gryffindor as a kid and judging from his bright gold robe she still roots for our team," Hermione said with a smile.

Nico was being pestered by Malfoy as the conversation continued.

"So Di Angelo how long do you think Potter will stay on his broom this time? Anyone wanna bet?" Nico ignored him and stared at the game. He had no clue how Annabeth managed to stay balanced on the broom. He'd be gripping that flimsy stick like his life depended on it. Heck! He'd probably never even be as high as her. Not when Zeus hated his other guts.

"You wanna know how I think Gryffindor players are chosen," Malfoy's squeaky voice rose behind Nico.

"No," Nico said flat out.

"It people they feel sorry for," Malfoy continued, ignoring Nico's previous statement. " potter who's got no parents, Weasleys who got no money, eh long bottom you should be on the team; you've got no brains!"

"You better shut up Malfoy!" Nico growled out, tired of this kid's constant speech.

"Or what Di Angelo,"

"Or-"

Will cut him off. " Nico look!" He exclaimed.

"What," he said turning towards his significant annoyance.

"It's Harry!"

They all looked towards the last place Harry had been. He wasn't there. Hermione pointed towards a figure zooming towards the ground.

" You're in luck Weasley, Potters' spotted some money on the ground!"

Hermione turned and sneered at him again. She would find a way to make him pay later. Nico turned and jumped on Malfoy. This kid got on his nerves and he needed to shut up.

"Go, Harry!" The Gryffindors shouted.

Snape turned just in time to see a scarlet blur shoot past him, inched from his last position. Harry reach out and wrapped the golden ball from the air. He pulled up before he could hit the ground and landed. His left arm shot up in the air and opened to reveal the ball he'd captured.

People cheered, the golden snitch caught so fast. The game had only just begun!

Dumbledore reached Harry first.

"Well done," he said, "Nice to see you're not brooding about that mirror, been keeping busy...excellent," Before Harry could say anything he was surrounded by people high-fiving and hugging him. Dumbledore nowhere in sight.

***

Harry, while shifting through the crowd, spotted Snape whisk by the crowd in a dark cloak. Harry hopped on his broom and followed him high above the trees. Snape stomped in a small circle of trees deep in the forest. Harry quietly landed in a tree and stared at the person Snape met up with. The mystery figure took off its hood to reveal their Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Quirrell.

"How you found out how to get past the beast of Hagrid's?" Snape questioned Quirrell.

" I- I don't know what you mean?" Quirrell stuttered out.

" You don't want me as you're enemy Quirrell,"

"But I - I d-don't,"

" You know about the challenges the teacher's cast, I know you found out about the beast guarding the stone,"

"I do-o-on't"

"Very well," Snape cut in, "We'll have another little chat soon, when you've decided where your loyalties lie," He turned and briskly walked back towards the castle. Harry glanced at Quirrell long enough to see his petrified face, before hopping on his broom and quietly zoomed towards the common rooms. Had he stayed a second longer he would have seen the devious smirk that snaked its way onto Quirrell's face. The face of a liar.

***

"Quirrells' in on this too!" Hermione exclaimed as Harry explained what he heard.

"It seems so and I think the other challenges Snape spoke off are things placed to protect the stone. Teachers must have placed it, at least the ones who know of it. Snape seems to think that Quirrell knows how to get past the dog,"

Hermione nodded and opened her mouth to speak, " I was doing some reading and found out that that type of beast can be swayed by music. So perhaps if the music was played It could be forced to sleep."

"Maybe so, but that would mean that Quirrell could have some spells to get past the other challenges as Snape mentioned. He surely would have known the beast can be swayed by music, he is a teacher and has access to the same books you do Hermione. Why would he need to know if Quirrell knew about the dog and why mentioned the other challenges?" Percy said inquiring on the other subjects Snape mentioned.

"Perhaps he knew you were there Harry," Annabeth said after a moment of silence. " Otherwise why would even mention the other stuff. You were high in a tree. I would think in normal circumstances he would have spoken quietly so no creature here's of what they spoke about. But you heard him loud and clear. He said things that he didn't need to say. He-"

"There is no way Annabeth! Snape is the one going after the stone. Why else would he speak to the weakest teacher, the one who would break the fastest? That is the only explanation!"

"Did she just ignore the paragraphs of explanations I just gave her," Annabeth muttered? Nico and Thalia snickered in the background.

Percy went to speak but Hermione noticed and stopped him from uttering a sound.

"No Percy! I'm right and I will prove it to you! Maybe not now but later. Now let's go to sleep, tomorrow's Saturday and we have to meet Hagrid early tomorrow. He wants to show us something."

"Before anyone could reply she was half-way up the stairs, book in hand.

***

Nico

Hagrid had a fracking Dragon egg in his WOODEN house.

Wait let me back up.

We arrived at Hagrids' about an hour ago. Originally we found him in the library studying for our exams...That wasn't for 10 weeks.

He asked if we were still looking for Flamel.

Ron blurted, " Oh we found out about him ages ago. And we found out what Fluffy's guarding. It's the Sorcerers-"

"SHHHH!" Hagrid spits out, looking around panicked. " Don' go shoutin' about it! What's the matter with ya,"

"There are a few things we'd like to ask you, as a matter of fact," said Harry, " about what's guarding the Stone apart from Fluffy."

"SHHH!" Hagrid said again. " Listen- come to my house and I'll tell ya anything ya mind but don't go rabbiting about it in here. Students aren't supposed to know,"

I turned and spotted the rat Malfoy staring at us with suspicion written all over his face. He notices my gaze and looked away.

That brought us to the shack where we'd spotted a book on dragons lying on the table.
"Hagrid why do you have a book on Dragon care on your table, breeding of the beast have been outlawed since 1709,"

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said feigning innocence while piling sandwiches on our plates. " Now what did you want to ask me,"

"We were wondering if you could tell us what's guarding the sorcerer's stone other than Fluffy," I spoke.

"I can't tell you that! For one I don't know and two you know too much already. It was almost stolen out of Gringotts. Though I suppose you already worked that out haven't ya."

"Oh come on Hagrid! You know you wanna tell us. You know everything that happens around here," Hermione pleaded in a warm, flattering voice.

"I suppose I do being groundskeeper and all," he said puffing out his chest.

"We've only wondered who'd done the guarding really," I amended." We'd wondered who'd Dumbledore had trusted enough to help him, apart from you fo course."

Hagrids' chest swelled even more at the last comment.

" Well, I suppose it couldn't hurt to tell you that. Let's see... Sprout, Flitwick, McGonagall, Quirrell, and Dumbledore himself. Who am I forgetting... Oh and Snape."

"Snape!" Hermione yelled.

"Ya, you all not still on the Snape's evil train are you?"

"All of us aren't, just Hermione," Percy grumbled.

Hermione ignoring him still simmering.

"Hey Hagrid can we open a window? It's boiling in here," Thalia spoke.

"Sorry Thalia, can't," He said glancing at the fireplace.

"What is that!" Annabeth exclaimed looking a the oval-shaped object that rested in the fireplace.

That brought us to now. A DRAGON EGG IN THE FIREPLACE.

" Where'd ya get it Hagrid," Ron asked." It must have cost you are a fortune!"

" Won it, last night. I was down in the village getting few drinks and playing some cards with a stranger. He was very willing to rid himself of it. Don't know why I love dragons!"

" What will you do when it hatches?"

" I was doing some reading and the book you saw earlier said to keep it in a pot till it hatches and feed it some chicken blood and brandy every hour once It hatches. Bit outdated of course but still useful. Here, it classifies eggs. Says I have a Norwegian Ridgeback. They're rare them."

"Hagrid, your house is made of wood," I said slowly.

He wasn't listening, just whistling merrily while turning the pot.

***

At lunch, we're sent a note from hagrid with two words on it,

"It's hatching!"

We rushed towards the shack, not caring to see if anyone followed us. (That bites us in the butt later)

" It's nearly out," Hagrid said as he ushered us to watch.

All at once, a loud scraping sound echoed through the small shack and a popping sound rang in their ears. They winced but stared at the egg. In its place was a baby dragon shaking a piece of' shell of its head. Looking directly at Hagrid.

"Ain't he beautiful," the dragon snapped at Hagrid's fingers, and he dude the small creature. " Aw, bless him he knows his mummy!"

"Hagrid how fast do they grow?" Thalia asked, entranced at the scales rippling on its small back.

He looked up and before he could answer paled at a person peeking through the windows.

It was Malfoy, he scampered up the hill once he saw Hagrid stare at him.

"Oh no, Hagrid we have to let him go now! Malfoy will tell the teachers!" Annabeth exclaimed.

"But, but I have a name for him. Norbert!"

"He's lost his marbles," Will murmured in my ear.

"I know I can't keep him forever but I can't just dump him in the woods. Who'd take care of him!"

Ron gasped suddenly, " Charlie! My older brother works with dragons in Romania! He could help us. I'll send a letter and let you know when he answers. "

Ron rushed out of the house, the rest of us hastily following.

***

The letter arrived late at night the next day. Malfoy had a smirk slapped on his face the whole day. They'd gotten the letter as they walked through the halls. Ron pulled them to a secluded hallway and ripped open the letter. He quickly read before handing it to Hermione. Annabeth looked over her shoulder as she read.

"Charlie replied and said he'd gladly take the Norwegian Ridgeback and he'll send some friends to pick up the dragon midnight on the16th at the top of the astronomy tower. ( A/N- Random date doesn't mean anything for the story.) That tonight come one let's go!"

They scurried down the halls towards Hagrid hut to tell him and create a plan.

Again no one noticed Malfoy spying on them with a sly grin on his rat face.

***

3rd Persons POV

They created a plan. They would leave at 11:30, grab Norbert and Harry's invisibility cloak with three other people, and head to the tower unseen. What they didn't count on was Malfoy catching them after they'd handed off Norbert and deemed the halls safe and took off the cloak. He'd brought McGonagal and she dragged Will, Ron, and Harry towards her office.( Will came because it seemed Norbert liked him the most out of the kids.) Malfoy trailed behind them smirking the whole time. Well, he wouldn't be smirking for much longer.

"What were you thinking! Sneaking out at midnight to do who knows what!" McGonagal screeched.

Turns out Malfoy said nothing of the dragon and only said they were sneaking out.

"I have never heard of such happenings. Four students out in one night! I thought you would have some sense Mr. Solace. You don't seem like the type to cause mischief."

"Sorry, professor," They all said.

"Four? What do you mean four? Those three were misbehaving," Malfoy said confused.

"Well, Mr. Malfoy you too were out of bed after lights out, whether it was to tell on these three lads or not you broke the rules. Now all FOUR of you will get detention with Hagrid. And since you love being out past dark you will be going into the Forbidden Forest for a task Hagrid has to fulfill."

"But Professor!" Malfoy whined.

"No buts Mr. Malfoy. Now in addition each of you will lose 50 points from your house for you misbehaving. I thought your houses meant more to you than this," she said shaking her head.

"but that's 150 points!" Ron shouted.

"I'm well aware what 50 times three equals Mr. Weasley. Now run along, close your trap while your at it Malfoy. Don't want to catch flies,"

A/N- I'm SORRY! Its' been a very long time and I sincerely apologize. But I made this chapter extra long for those who read it. I hope you have a wonderful day! 

Peace out Demi-wizards!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

478K 10.1K 25
Percy Jackson is broken. After the Giant War, Camp Half-Blood's protective barriers were destroyed, and he was the only one who escaped. He watched h...
1.4K 17 16
Join Percy Jackson on this tale of Betrayal, forgiven and not forgotten. But also tag along as Percy learns about more Myths and legends from all aro...
13.9K 305 49
This may be your typical Percy Jackson fanfic. Before you start reading, be warned. The myths listed in this book are for the purpose of the plot onl...
61.2K 1K 19
When Dionysus accidentally erases Percy's memory, what will happen to Percabeth? Will anyone find a way to restore Percy's memory? Will something ha...