The Arrangement: Theo Nott Sh...

By PleasingMalfoy

"An unwanted marriage. A Pureblood. A Muggle-born. Two hearts, become one." More

Chapter 2- Save Me
Chapter 3- Eavesdropping
Chapter 4- French Toast
Chapter 5- Family Dinner
Chapter 6 - Fight Club
Chapter 7 - Mine
Chapter 8 - The Moment They Knew
Chapter 9 - Start of Something
New Story

1-Sundays

12.2K 175 263
By PleasingMalfoy

Sunday was always her favorite day. It reminded her of everything positive in her life, even after the war. Sunday is when she would have butterbeer with Hermione and Ginny in Hogsmeade. Sunday is when she would wake up early for breakfast because they were serving french toast. It's also the day that she would go with Ron to Honeydukes at exactly 2pm, so they could get the first of the restocked sugar quills. 

Sunday use to be her favorite day. Use to be. 

However ever since her floo lit up green this morning she found herself starting to hate the day more and more. 

"Can I get you some tea?" She asked the lady from the Ministry. She came to know her name was Victoria Monroe. 

"No thank you. Miss McKinnon please have a seat. I don't mean to rush but we are dealing with a time sensitive issue here." The lady's voice seemed regretful which peaked her curiosity. 

"Please, call me Kat." She smiled brightly at the witch, causing her to frown. 

She quickly took her seat on the adjacent love-seat in her living room. The atmosphere became uneasy, which caused her palms to sweat. Wiping her hands on her jeans, she cleared her throat. "I'm sorry, what is this about exactly? I didn't know Ministry members made house calls." She said nervously. 

"Only if it's urgent." She explained, taking a deep breath before finishing. "As you may know, after the Wizarding War, the population of witches and wizards has decreased. Gods rest their souls. Now coming from non-magical parents means there may be some laws you aren't familiar with." 

"Laws? I'm sorry, did I do something wrong or something?" Kat felt sick, wondering if she had broken a law unintentionally. 

"No my dear. You see when the wizarding population drops to a certain number, an arrangement law is put into place. It requires the witches and wizards of non-magical parents or half-bloods to join together to help repopulate." The lady spoke slowly and calmly.

Or maybe Kat's brain was just on overload so it seemed slow. She felt disgusted at the thought of such an old law still taking place. Mostly she was panicked. Did she get to pick? Maybe she could ask Molly to finally set her up with Charlie. She would feel safe with someone she knew. 

She wanted to scream but she didn't have all the facts yet. Maybe this wasn't so bad and once everything was explained then she could go back to her normal life. Wait she said repopulate? As in babies? Kat felt her head begin to spin and she found herself struggling to breathe. A glass of water was held in front of her face and she wondered when Victoria had even gotten up to get that. Kat offered a small thank you but was still having trouble. 

"Do I even get a choice on who it is? Why did you leave out Purebloods? Do they not have to partake in such horrid laws?" She snapped quietly. 

"Unfortunately the Arrangement Law requires those of Pureblood families to be the opposite spouse. Unless specified from a certain family the sorting is at random essentially. However your partner is chosen by compatibility. So this person's magical core will match your own. You will be encouraged to produce a male heir."

This was all too factual. Kat felt anger rise in her chest as a sweat almost broke out on her forehead. This has to be a sick joke or something. There's no way the Ministry is essentially selling off people to Purebloods just so they can continue their prejudice lifestyle. She began to wonder if it was too late to talk to Molly or Charlie. 

"This is disgusting! Do I even have time to talk to anyone about this? I'm not doing this! Take me off whatever fucking list you have! I'm not interested so have a nice day." She felt her skin crawling as she stood up from the couch, walking over to the floo. 

Her brows furrowed when she realized the lady wasn't leaving. "I know this is a lot to process but unfortunately there isn't much of a choice. Refusal to participate will lead to wand privileges being taken away."

Kat didn't know what to say. So many emotions ran through her. She felt gutted. It was clear there was nothing that could be done but it didn't mean she was happy about it. There was no one she could even call. 

Kat was raised by her Aunt CeCe after her parents bailed. However Aunt CeCe passed away her fifth year at Hogwarts. It was just Kat and her cat. She always thought it was a funny joke to tell people. Hermione actually came with her to the pet store to pick him out. It was Sunday. 

Tears fell from her eyes but she said nothing. She was torn because it didn't fully hit her yet, just partially. It was such an overload to her brain that she couldn't even think of the right questions to ask. 

"I've been asked to bring you to the office. There, you will meet your wizard and he will come with you to gather your things. Again, I am so sorry this is so sudden."

Kat said nothing. She couldn't be mad at the messenger and even if she could be, she was just in shock more than anything. She was already dressed because it was Sunday and it was time for her to meet Ron. Who was going to tell Ron what happened to her? Did he get the same news? She wondered if he chose Hermione specifically. 

The floo trip to the Ministry was quick, as expected. Kat just hoped for a little more time. She's positive that even if she wanted to talk, her nerves were too shot to attempt. The tears had stopped for now but she's sure they would return. 

Everyone must have gotten the news today because the building was swarming with people that she had recognized from Hogwarts. Across the large open space, Hermione was yelling at a few Ministry members. Molly had everyone together and she had just managed to get the other's attention. "Katherine!" Molly shouted, causing Ron and the others to run towards her. 

Before they could reach her, she was yanked into the lift and now staring at them through the bars. Her tears fell more aggressively as she yanked on the bars but they wouldn't open. "Molly!" She screamed but Victoria still refused to open the door. The lift began to rise and Kat began to panic. 

"We'll fix this Kat, I promise!" Ron shouted. With one last look in her best friend's green eyes, she let out a loud sob. She didn't want this. 

The mahogany door opened to Victoria's office and she was gestured to sit down. There was a man sitting in the leather chair beside hers but he didn't look up. His head was down so she couldn't get a look at him even if she wanted to. She wondered if he was even happy about this.

What normal person would be okay with an arranged marriage. Then again he was getting a woman to fuck just because he was considered pure blood. However she was also muggle-born so maybe he was disgusted with the whole thing just as much as she was. 

"Sorry to keep you waiting Mr. Nott." Victoria said, clearing her throat and pulling out some paperwork from her desk. 

She felt the blood in her veins grow cold, almost freezing. The Nott family was notorious for being part of the sacred 28. They even hated muggle-borns just as much as the rest of the pureblood witches and wizards. Kat refused to look over at him, she was too scared. She didn't have to hear his first name to know it was Theodore. His father was in Azkaban and he's the only one left. 

"Please, call me Theo." He said sternly. His voice was deep enough to rattle her bones. 

How about we just call him Death Eater, her subconscious thought. 

"Of course. Well, we should get started. There are many other cases I must take care off." She said, pulling out quills from her desk. 

"Oh by cases you mean arranged marriages?" Kat scoffed under her breath but Theo caught it. He didn't respond but she heard a small snort. 

"We cannot call this a marriage law Katherine." Victoria huffed but kept her head down, still rummaging through her desk. 

"It's Kat."

"Well Kat," Victoria groaned. "We cannot call this a marriage law. Yes you will be married but after a male heir is conceived, you have the option to leave." 

"Leave?! Just bail on my kid, no thank you." Kat said, crossing her arms over her chest. Theo watched the banter go back and forth but said nothing. His smirk made her want to smack him. Nothing about this was funny. 

"Yes. When the child is no longer relying on the mother for food, that said mother can choose to leave. The marriage will be annulled like it never happened. With that being said, Theo sign here and Kat sign here. You both know what happens if you choose not to participate." She said, sliding the parchment over to them both. 

Theo wasted no time signing his and going back to messing with his silver necklace on his neck. It was like he wasn't even phased. "What happens if a child cannot be conceived?" He asked, causing her to look at him, his gaze was elsewhere. 

It was a fair question.

Kat still had not signed her part. 

"You will be given a year. If a male heir has not been produced, then we can get you another witch or you may stay married. At that point it will be up to the Pureblood wizard or witch. Once these papers are signed there is no going back until that time." 

It was just a Sunday.

Everything Hermione and Kat worked for will be out the window. They worked side by side to try to make things right for muggle-born witches and wizards. Now it's all gone. Would she get to see the Weasleys again? Would she see Hermione or Harry again? 

Her tears fell silently but everyone could see them. Her cheeks were puffy and her nose was red. As her shoulders shook, it caused her grip on the quill to tremble and fall to the desk. "I'm sorry." She sniffled. 

The quill still shook in her hand as she signed her life away. Her signature was sloppy but legible. After her name was sealed over by gold ink, her shoulders dropped. She felt defeated. 

Nothing had ever made her feel so small before. 

The door bursted open behind them, to which they all looked over with wide eyes. A very angry Ronald Weasley stormed inside, along with the others. Kat jumped up towards them, wedging herself behind Ron and beside Molly. 

Everything went silent once Theo stood up. They were eye to eye level, their chests bumping against the other. Everyone knew who Theodore Nott was. 

"Not fucking happening! You cannot send her to live with some death eater!" Ron yelled out to no one in particular. His arm reached around to keep Kat behind him. Molly held her close, stroking her hair with her palm. 

"What if we have another wizard? Charlie Weasley, pureblood." Hermione spoke up from beside Ron. 

"Miss Granger, that may have worked earlier this morning but it's not possible now." Victoria spoke, rolling her eyes. This is probably the most drama she's dealt with in a year. 

Good. 

"She is not marrying a bloody Death Eater! This whole thing is stupid! There is no reason we can't offer Charlie!" He yelled even louder. 

Theo had yet to say anything but the smirk on his face was ever so present. Kat took this time to fully look him over. She was hidden behind Ron so he wouldn't see her. He was dressed in navy blue slacks and an off-white Oxford shirt. The tie he was wearing was loosened, his silver necklace fell over it. The curls on top of his head was styled, he looked expensive. 

"Ron." Kat said quietly, reaching out for his hand. She just wanted to calm him down. 

"Mr. Weasley it isn't possible because she already signed the papers. Even if you were to offer Charlie Weasley, Katherine is already married now." 

It's Kat, she thought.

She just needed to wait a few more seconds and she wouldn't be in this situation. If only she knew. She felt Molly let out a sob and she saw Ron's shoulders slump. His gaze fell back to her apologetically. He blamed himself for not running faster to the office, for not pushing people out of the way, and for waiting for the next lift because children were on the one before him.

It was just a Sunday.

She could see the tears in his eyes which made her cry more. Ron cupped her cheeks in his hands and kissed her head. Hermione squeezed her hand, too tearful to talk. Molly looked angry but she hugged her anyways. "I'm so sorry Kat." Ron sobbed. 

"It's okay. I'm okay. We're gonna figure this out alright? We're gonna write and use the floo to still see each other. It'll be like things never changed." She choked out but managed to keep her voice stern. 

She felt a hand wrap around her wrist and she panicked. She knew she was being taken away and no matter how much she prepared herself for this, it was terrifying. Theo's grip was harsh but not enough to bruise. It's like he wanted to scare her but not hurt her. 

Almost like it was for show or just to prove something to Ron. 

"Well it's been a pleasure, really. However we must be going, you know couple stuff and all. Now weasel get your hands off my wife." He said in a flat and deadly tone.

 Kat gave a small nod to them all as she was yanked away from her Ron. The yank was enough to make her stumble. The action made Ron step forward but was held back by Hermione. Kat wanted to thank her but she was out the door before she could. 

The entire way down the lift, Theo held her wrist like a child. The action pissed her off even more which she thought was impossible at the time. Her sadness had turned to anger quickly but her tears were still falling. She hated him, she knew that much. 

Once they exited the floo to her flat, she jerked her wrist free. "This is where you live?" He asked, seeming genuinely confused. So he's rude and dumb, great.

"This is home or was home at least. I'll just be a moment, hope you like cats." Kat said bitterly. 

Theo took this as a cue to walk around her flat and observe quietly. "Wait you're Kat with a cat?" He said, spinning around to look at the furry thing on the couch. He chuckled but quickly masked it with a sneer. 

"Yeah, it's a long story. One i'm sure you're not interested in." 

"You're probably right. You're flat is quite small." He said sternly. A little rude but it was expected. She grew up around the Weasley boys, she had thick skin. 

"Oh that's strange. I don't remember asking for your opinion on it." She said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. 

He ignored her but from the mirror over the mantel, she saw a smirk. He liked to be challenged but didn't want anyone to know. "Strange. I don't remember asking you for a response on my statement." He bit back.

Well there goes the niceness Kat had thought she saw in him. 

It didn't take long to gather the things she needed, he assured her that he would send someone to gather the rest this week. After that, he didn't say another word to her. He did take up a liking to her cat though. 

Surprisingly Theo's home was in London, which shocked her. For someone so against muggles, he had no problem living around them. The house was of course huge and made her look like the help but he said nothing. 

"Can I ask why you live in London? I thought the Nott Estate was-"

He cut her off quickly as he poured himself a drink, not offering her one but pouring an extra anyways. "The Nott Estate is my father's home. I have business in London so it's better to live here." He said flatly. Theo handed her a glass but she shook her head. "Trust me the easiest way to deal with me is if you're drinking." 

There was no humor to his statement but she snorted anyways. He was probably right. 

Kat excused herself to the bathroom, immediately embarrassed of her appearance. Her dirty blonde hair was no longer laying flat, her bright brown eyes were blood shot and her mascara was smeared. 

After cleaning up and adjusting, she made her way out to the main hall. A loud crash was heard from the other room, causing her to sprint to the noise. Her eyes fell on the huge library that she was now standing in. Books lined the walls from top to bottom. She could get use to this. 

Her eyes traveled to Theo who stood with his back towards her. The crystal glass was shattered on the ground and whiskey slid down the walls. "Are you alright?" She asked quickly. 

He must have not heard her come in because as soon as he heard her voice, his body went stiff. His head turned but he didn't turn around fully. She could see his jaw clench as it rippled under the skin of his cheek. 

He turned around with sneer, "I'm fine." 

The tie he was wearing was now gone. The sleeves of his Oxford was rolled up and three buttons were undone. The necklace dangled on his tanned chest, catching the light slightly. He looked pained but he didn't speak on it. 

"Look, I don't like this any more than you do. I'm sorry for whatever i've done to upset you. Maybe we can go back to the ministry and you can choose someone. They'll send me to Charli-"

"You're not going anywhere, let's start there. Let's get this straight before we get ahead of ourselves love. I don't want you here. I don't want a child with you. I don't want to be in the same room as you but it's required. Everything purebloods say about you is true, so don't mistake me not saying it as me being nice. I'm trying to be civil because eventually we have to fuck. However do not mistake why you are really here and don't EVER say that weasel's name again." He barked.

Kat's heart sank to her stomach. The few times she told herself he could be different was thrown out the window. He was cruel and it's something she needed to understand quickly. He thought lowly of her kind just like the rest of the purebloods. Tears pooled in her eyes but she didn't let them fall. He didn't deserve to see that side of her. 

This was the most he had ever said to her and she was wishing that he didn't. She wished he was mute to be honest. The sadness formed to anger. Kat was a brave girl and she never let anyone speak to her that way, not that anyone ever had. 

"Thank you for making that clear for me. We'll get together later this week and decided on the best time to try for your heir. I never misunderstood my place here but you have misunderstood yours. I came in here because I heard a crash. I didn't come in here just for you. I know what your people think of me and nothing would make me happier than to see you all rot in Azkaban-"

He cut her off by stepping closer to her. His nostrils flared and his hand reached up to grab ahold of her jaw between his thumb and four fingers. It wasn't painful, which made her think he wouldn't really hurt her physically. However she didn't stop. 

"Once this is over, i'll be gone. So why not start now?" She placed her hands on his chest, running them down to his trousers. He didn't even flinch. "Let's give you an heir now. You hate me so much that you feel the need to put me in my place so let's get it over with. The sooner the better."

Once her hand reached his belt buckle, his free hand grabbed her wrist. "Shut your vile little mouth. Don't ever put your dirty hands on me again." He tossed her face away from him and began to walk towards the front door. 

She followed quickly, glass crunching beneath her shoe. "Where the hell are you going?!" She shouted. 

He turned around with a wicked grin, scanning her body up and down. "I'm not really in the mood right now. The boys and I are going to celebrate our marriages. Turns out witches love a married man. Maybe while i'm gone you'll learn your place." He spat.

"You're really leaving me here?!" 

"Don't wait up Katherine." With that, he slammed the door behind him. 

"It's Kat!" She screamed at the closed door. 

It was all too much. This whole day was the worst. The anger turned back to sadness quickly and with Theo being gone, she let her tears fall. She went back to the library and began to pick up the glass that was shattered on the floor. 

After it was cleaned, she had to wrap a towel around her hand because glass had cut it and she didn't feel like going to get her wand. She was too tired for it all. How is any of this fair? Kat cried until she fell asleep on the leather couch in the library. Theo didn't mention where she would be sleeping and she didn't want to risk going in the wrong room. 

She wasn't sure what time it was but her body was being lifted into the air. The moon lit up the room as much as it could. She knew who was lifting her but she kept her eyes closed, she didn't want to look at him. Being near him made her want to cry again. 

She felt something being wrapped around her hand but she stayed still. The bed was soft and the sheets felt expensive as they were slid over her body. The weight beside her vanished. Then the smell of cologne and tobacco was gone. 

He didn't say anything as he closed the door but when she opened her eyes, he was gone. The room look masculine so it must've been his. Usually guest rooms are neutral. She looked down and saw the small bandage on her hand, the bloody towel now gone. 

"Goodnight Theo." She whispered into the dark to no one. 

It was just a Sunday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 3.4K 24
A story where two broken pieces find their way to each other to become whole. A girl that self doubts and misses the bright world that her mother had...
6.9K 157 25
HARRY POTTER | All's well that ends well to end up with you m.riddle
26.4K 485 63
A love blooming in the middle of the Second Wizarding War, between two enemies. Fate has deemed them their other half, neither can resist their bond...
760 19 21
Ansley Jones, a girl who believes in the good of people and has never had a bad thought about anyone before. When she goes home from Hogwarts, her p...