Legacy: Justice Leauge (Male...

By IvanBullock

The Justice Leauge is missing. It's time for the young heroes to step up and take their place. Y/N Wayne is n... More

Issue #0
Black and Gold
Rosters
Nightwing
The New Leauge
The Bat and The Orphan
The Worlds' Finest
Fathers and Daughters Pt. 1
Fathers and Daughters Pt. 2
Fathers and Daughters Pt. 3
Fathers and Daughters Pt. 4
Helena's Childhood
The Extinction Machines Pt. 1
The Extinction Machines Pt. 2
The Extinction Machines Pt. 3
The Extinction Machines Pt. 4
The Extinction Machines Pt. 5
The Diary of Alferd Pennyworth
Man's Best Friend
State of Fear Pt. 1
State of Fear Pt. 2
State of Fear Pt. 3
Prelude to Hush
Hush Pt. 0
Hush Pt. 1
Hush Pt. 2
Hush Pt. 3
Hush Pt. 4
Hush Pt. 5
Hush Pt. 6
Hush Pt. 7
DCeased Pt. 1 (Halloween Special)
DCeased Pt. 2 (Halloween Special)
DCeased Pt. 3 (Halloween Special)
DCeased Pt. 4 (Halloween Special)
Gotham Knights
Knightend Pt. 1
Knightend Pt. 2
Recovery

The Justice League V. Suicide Squad Pt. 1

2K 42 9
By IvanBullock

Conner: Let me just start this meeting by welcoming back a friend. Y/N, it's good to have you back.

You looked up from your tablet and smiled. It had been a full month since the Black Night and you were now back on League duty. Felt good, if you were being honest.

Y/N: Good to be back.

You typed on the tablet and the hologram on the table shifted to show the image in question. The screen showed a group of individuals running from an attack on a Russian base. Not just any Russian base either. One that was preparing for war.

Artemis: This photo was taken by a Russian drone nearly a week ago. We were able to retrieve it after some, very rough negotiations.

The screen then charged again to show several photos of inmates.

Bart: So, who are these guys? Some mind of Anti-Justice League?

Y/N: Incarcerated criminals are given a reduced sentence if they complete a series of highly dangerous missions. Hence the name, The Suicide Squad. This program is made up of our enemies.

The first picture showed up.

Y/N: Dr. June Moone aka the Entranctess.

Y/N: Caitlin Snow aka Killer Frost.

Y/N: David Hyde aka Black Manta.

YN: Barbara Ann Minerva aka Cheetah.

Y/N: George "Digger" Harkness aka Captain Boomerang.

Y/N: Harleen Quinzel aka Harley Quinn.

Y/N: Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot.

You looked at the tablet and sighed to yourself as the last image showed.

Y/N: And finally....Waylon Jones aka the Killer Croc.

You looked at the image for a moment before you swiped it away.

Kaldur: I've noticed a few team-ups among them before, Batman. But I simply saw it as honor among thieves.

Y/N: That's what they want us to think. I spoke to Terry about this. He told me everything we need to know. Including the name of their ringleader.

The screen changed.

Y/N: Her name is Amanda Waller.

Conner: A woman with friends in high places. I had a run in with her once.

Bart: Now, I'm all for rehabilitation. But this, this is just wrong. Kinda makes you wonder how many times we stopped a bad guy without knowing they were working for this broad.

Artemis: That's a reasonable concern, Flash.

Jessica: Wait...these are bad guys, right? Why would they go and start working for the government? Why not just escape?

Cassie: Because she might be controlling them somehow.

You nodded and sent another image to the screen.

Y/N: They all have bombs in their necks. If they disobey an order or fail a mission...

Everyone got quiet. Seems like everyone got a hold of the situation now. Good.

Kyle: So, what do we even do about all this? If they really are working for the government then...

Y/N: We take them down. And we expose Waller.

Everyone looked at you as you stared at the photo on your tablet.

Y/N: Everyone get ready. We're going to Belle Reeves.
-------------
Guard: W-What's the protocol for this?

Guard: There ain't one!

You stood beside your allies in front of the prison. It was raining but none of you really cared.

Y/N: Get Waller out here. Now.

???: There's no need for that tone, Batman.

The guards moved out of the way to reveal Waller making her way towards you. One of her assistants was holding an umbrella over her to shield her from the downpour.

Waller: You know, I usually only see people if they have an appointment.

Conner: We're not here for chit chat, Waller.

Y/N: Task Force X is done with, Waller. We're here to shut it down.

Waller looked unamused.

Waller: Are you, now? Funny. I don't know any group by that name.

Bart leaned towards Jessica.

Bart: Someone needs to pull that stick out her ass.

Y/N: This isn't a game. You're using prisoners to run illegal government missions.

Waller: Am I?

Y/N: We have the evidence we need. As of this moment, the prisoners that are apart of your program are to be place into our custody.

Cassie: Comply or we will resort to force.

Waller crossed her arms and shook her head.

Waller: Children. Always so brash. Tell me something, Batman. What do you think will happen after you get these criminals back? You think you're going to reform them? Change them? Maybe reintroduce them to society?

You clenched your fists.

Waller: The fact of the matter is, you can't touch me.

Her smiled then vanished.

Waller: Move in.

Before anyone could react, a gunshot rang out. You quickly dodged it while everyone else separated. From the prison, several figures stepped out.

Deadshot: You should've stayed away, Batman.

Killer Frost: Are we really about to do this?

Harley: Aw, don't worry about those party poopers. What are they gonna do? LOCK US UP?!

Conner: Waller is using you.

Cassie: We can help you get away from her. Somewhere safe.

Digger: I got a shot.

Cheetah: Wonder Woman is mine, you damn Aussie.

Kyle: Isn't this a bit one sided? I mean, he only has boomerangs.

Bart: Yeah but, he's also a killer.

Deadshot looked over his shoulder to Waller.

Deadshot: I need to hear you say it.

Waller nodded.

Waller: Don't let the Leauge take you alive, or you're dead.

Croc looked at you sadly.

Croc: Sorry, kid.

Deadshot: You heard her. Squad, move out!

He aimed his wrist at you and fired off a shot but you avoided it.

Y/N: Shooting at me isn't something you want to do, Lawton.

Deadshot: You don't get it, Batman. We have the advantage here. Every damn day we walk out into the world, we have no expectations for a tomorrow. The odds are always against us. Except for today. Because the Leauge doesn't kill. But we do.

Everyone charged at your team but you were all ready. Artemis fired off the first shot against Frost, Conner and Entranctess flew at each other, Cassie blocked Cheetah's claws, Bart caught Digger's boomerang, Kaldur locked blades with Mantis, Kyle created a shield around Croc, Jessica avoided Harley's hammer, and you punched Deadshot.

And Waller just smiled.

You leaped over Deadshot and kicked his back but he recovered quickly. He fired off some more rounds at you, all of which you avoided narrowly.

Y/N: You're coming with us, Lawton.

Deadshot: You can never mind your own damn business, Batman.

Y/N: What about your daughter? Wasn't Harley supposed ro be safe with her?

Deadshot pulled out a knife and swiped it at you. You grabbed his wrist and flipped him over your shoulder.

Deadshot: That's why I need to do this!

He jumped back up and charged at you again.

In the skies above, Conner flew around to try and get close to Entranctess.

Conner: Dr. Moone, if you're still in there, you have to listen. You're so much more than a pawn. We can help you. You can fight this.

Entranctess: June is silent. She does not speak for me.

She released another spell which hit Conner. He let out a cry as he was sent hurdling down to the earth below.

Entranctess: So the mighty hero has a weakness. Magic.

Artemis avoided another spike before she fired off an explosive arrow. It landed near Frost's feet which sent her flying into a tree when it erupted. Artemis slowly approached her with her bow drawn.

Artemis: I know what happened wasn't an accident, Frost. Your engineering team betrayed you and made you into this. You need to absorb people's life force to survive. But you're getting weaker.

Frost: H-How do you know so much about me?

Artemis slowly lowered her bow.

Artemis: I saw your file. I know that you wanted to change the world. We don't have to fight. We can help you.

Artemis held out her hand and smiled.

Artemis: We can change the world, together.

Frost looked at her hand for a moment.

Bart: Missed me.

Digger threw another boomerang. Bart just moved to the left.

Bart: Missed me again.

Digger: Stop moving, you damn ankle biter.

Bart: Dude, are you drunk?

Digger: Maybe!

Y/N: You're a coward, Deadshot. It's no surpise you never stood up to Waller.

Deadshot swung at you but you blocked the blow.

Y/N: You always take the easy way out. What would your daughter say?

Deadshot: I'm doing this to save her!

You kicked his chest which sent him flying back and into the mud.

Y/N: It's a shame that she'll always know her dad was nothing but a hired gun.

Deadshot fired a shot at you but you ducked down. He used the chance to try and kick your feet out from under you. You flipped over him as he got back up.

Deadshot: Says the kid who doesn't even know who he is anymore. Tell me something, where is the real Batman?

You charged at him but he opened fire on your chest. You grunted in pain, but the bullet bounced off.

Deadshot: No bulletproof vest is that good.

He contiued to fire more shots as you slowly made your way towards him. You just gritted your teeth.

Y/N: The pain is worth it...to ensure...you never forget your daughter!

You threw a punch right to his face. So hard, it broke his helmet. You knew he really didn't have a choice but to fight, but you weren't going to go easy on a man who was trying to kill you.

Y/N: By the way, Lawton. I am Batman.

You looked over to Croc and Kyle.

Y/N: Lantern, get Lawton into custody and get to work with removing that bomb. I got Croc.

Kyle nodded and flew over to Deadshot. You then charged forward and leaped in front of Croc.

Croc: Kid.

Y/N: Croc. I want to help.

Croc: I know. But we need to fight.

Y/N: Fight and talk. I can do that.

Croc charged at you and you charged at him.

Cassie: Have you gotten slower, Barbara? Cause you're not as fast as the last time we fought each other.

Cheetah: You talk a big game for a replica. Where is Diana? Why is she not here to face me?

She swiped at Cassie again who simply blocked her claws..

Cassie: Still missing. You'll just have to settle for me.

Cassie punched Cheetah across the way and flew to catch up with her. Cheetah leaped back up just in time to grab Cassie and swing her into a tree, breaking it in the process.

Cheetah: I find joy in beating any Amazon. Even if it's a false one.

Bart: Dude, this is just sad.

Digger: You're sad!

He threw a rock at Bart but he didn't even try to avoid it. He just let it hit his chest.

Bart: Okay. We're done here.

He ran forward, punched Digger, and threw him on his shoulder.

Bart: Dude, I could blow this whole place if I light a match by your mouth.

He then raced towards where Kyle was taking care of the bombs. Artemis and Frost were also there.

Three down. Five to go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 400 16
(Fixing the KTJL story.) Brainiac has arrived on earth and the Justice League is not here to save the citizens of Metropolis. Follow Bruce Wayne as h...
59K 1K 26
when a boy who was abandoned by everyone decides to become what his mother loved will he get her attention? I don't own DC
140K 4.3K 43
*COMPLETED* Skylar Marie Jones was a simple senior student at Metropolis University until she made one wrong choice and is now indebted to the famous...
437 17 6
Earth-805. Where in this universe Bruce Wayne- our billionaire playboy philanthropist and Caped crusader Batman- had an old childhood friend and vigi...