AISLIN | I

By WriterMickeyC

❝You are just a WOMAN. You can't fight in this war, you're weak. It will chew you up and spit you out, you ca... More

A I S L I N
W A R R I O R S
♕ PART I ♕
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
♕ PART 2 ♕
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
♕ PART 3 ♕
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
Postliminaries | Author's Note

CHAPTER FOUR

6.3K 299 160
By WriterMickeyC

THE ROOM immediately grew stiff at the sound of my name. Leland's eyes grew as wide as saucers and fear flashed in his emerald eyes, and at this moment he knew, he messed up.

I couldn't help but smile with a bit of laughter. I stepped away from Leland and placed my dagger back in its original place and stood confidently.

Suddenly someone's laugh reached everyone's ears, making us turn and look at them. It was the guy with hazel eyes with who I made eye contact. He stood up from the table he had been sitting at and walked over to Leland and us. He clapped his hands, still laughing.

He reached us and placed a hand on Leland's shoulder, "That was golden!"

Leland's face pulled together in annoyance, "You're not my favorite person today."

He shrugged, "I'm not your favorite person on any day." He pivoted to me and stuck out his hand, "Hello Aislin, I'm August. I'm one of the soldiers here."

I nodded and shook his hand, "Nice to meet you, August. How did you know it was me?"

He shrugged with a smirk, "Just a hunch."

A cough caught my attention. We looked over to Evander who looked at August with wide eyes. Looks like he finally understands, "You knew who she was?"

He snickered, "Did you not?" I let out a chuckle.

I knew I had everyone's attention so I took this opportunity to get to business. I climbed onto the nearest table next to me. My sudden movements causing the men to move all the stuff out of the way of my feet.

"Alright let's get something straight here," I announced to everyone, "I don't care who you are, how you got here, or what kind of respect you think you deserve, but now I'm the boss. You'll be listening to me. And that's what you pass along to the men who aren't here today. Do you understand? I've seen a lot of stupid people on the field of war, and I don't want to see more of them. So I'm here to make sure you're strong, not only in your body but also in your mind. Yes, I am a woman, but I am as strong as any of you men. Don't judge a book by its cover or you will all feel the wrath of karma and let me tell you, she's sucks."

I stepped down from the table, everyone's eyes still on me, "I want everyone here at 0500 sharp."

And with that, I walked back up the spiral staircase with a smirk. When I reached the top step I knocked on the metal door, alerting the guards of my presence. They opened the door for me and I was hit by a gush of cold wind.

I heard the sudden banter of the men downstairs and it made me laugh. I stepped out of the doorway and onto the marble flooring again.

I turned towards the guards, "The Queen said one of you could bring to me room, correct?"

The guard on my left nodded and held his hand put to his right, "This way, miss."

He seemed to be in his late twenties. He had fluffy auburn hair and steel grey eyes. He stood a couple of inches over me as well.

"Uh, please call me Aislin," I said as we began to walk.

"Okay, Aislin." He said.

We walked for a bit till we reached an archway with glass french doors that had white linens on the other side of the door for privacy in the middle. "We are here. I will be stationed here while you stay here. So I shall be here at all times if you ever need anything, Aislin."

I nodded, "Alright, thank you...?"

"Arius, ma'am." he bowed.

"Thank you, Arius." I smiled. He nodded with a slight blush on his freckled face.

I opened the glass doors widely and gasped.

The floor was a dark oak wooden floor and the walls were painted black with gold trimming. The room itself was small, but it was so extravagant at the same time. A large bed was pushed up against the wall, it had a deep green cover as well as a backsplash and head bored with the same green. Cream pillows laid over the covers.

A golden chandelier hung from the ceiling created a brighter space against all the dark colors. The bed had an overhang that was full of lights that help the room as well.

To my left, another glass door was there. I immediately walked over and opened it.

The walls and floor were charcoal black with bronze utilities. The walls had historical paintings on them as well as a picture of me in battle a few years ago. Although it was a faceless painting, I knew it was me. A large mirror sat behind the sink. Lights sat on either side.

The mirror was the clearest one I had ever looked into. Looking at myself, I felt like I could see myself for the first time.

My coal-like black hair reached down to my butt and my luring blue eyes stood out against all the black that surrounded me. I had rounder features than most of my family. I took after my father.

I walked back into the room and noticed that Arius must have shut the glass doors behind me when I had entered. Another door caught my eye on the opposite side of the room.

When I walked over to it and opened it, my luggage sat untouched on the floor, and above it was new dresses and other pieces of clothing.

A knock at my door caught my attention. "Come in."

Arius opened the door and in came Queen Aria, "Hello dear how are you liking your room?"

I bowed, "It's magnificent, my Queen. Thank you for letting me stay here."

She waved her hand dismissively, "It's no big feat darling. And please, call me Aria."

I laughed, "Okay."

"Well, I just wanted to invite you to our family dinner tonight." She offered.

I nodded, "Of course, I'd love to come, but I don't think I have the right clothing for such an occasion."

She laughed, "Darling that's what the closet's for." I made an 'oh' sound. "Be down the stairs by 6. Arius will show you the way."

×××××××××××××

Author Note!

Chapter fourrrrrr babyyy!

Thoughts >

Feelings >

Random >

How is your day today? Was it bad? Good? In between?

So this is what i thought of when i was desribing Aislins bedroom and bathroom. Now you don't have to imagine them this way but this is what i used to describe them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

443K 8.4K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...
151K 2.5K 100
!Book one out of three! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wid...
13K 2K 44
It's a deadly plan, and it goes like this: First, become a crew member of the Avourienne, a pirate ship notorious for its charismatic captain and wic...
460 24 50
--Updated weekly-- "Why are you following me?" His presence irks me. "I am free to roam anywhere within Barracks, am I not?" "Aldaire will be disple...