Heathen

By softsloth

"You don't understand, little female. I am like a God to these people." Elodie is lost. Literally. After a ma... More

before
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
after
Book 5 - His Redemption

|05|

67K 2.9K 940
By softsloth

Barre

     Elodie. A name to go with her beautiful face.

     I dig through my medical supplies, pushing aside bandages and ointments. I never use this safety kit since I am rarely injured, but I am glad that I have it now.

     The female, Elodie, isn't severely hurt, for which I'm thankful. After taking care of her first injury, I need to address the next one. Her ankle.

     I hadn't noticed the sprain until she came into my kitchen, blanket held tightly to her neck as if it would somehow protect her. She kept her weight off her right leg completely, favoring her left.

     My eyes are trained to look for weakness or injuries. Being a gladiator and a hunter, this skill has allowed me to seek out my prey's weak spot to make a quick and easy kill.

     Now I'm using this skill for the complete opposite. I'm using it for healing, for protecting. It's... strange.

     I make eye contact with Elodie, and her eyes are calm. I silently ask for permission as I motion to her hurt leg. She nods her head, pulling away her blanket and the skirt of her dress.

      I gulp as she exposes her pale legs to me. She's making herself vulnerable to me, trusting that I will not take advantage.

     Lifting her calf, I examine the injury. I notice the brown flecks decorating her skin continue all the way down to her little toes. They are all over her body. I've discovered that they're not pieces of dirt, but it's just how she looks. There's nothing wrong with them.

     It's very odd, but fascinating. They're beautiful. She's beautiful.

     Her ankle is swollen and angry, the bones feel delicate under my fingers. Her foot is so tiny in my hand, but the shape is no different than my own. Five toes, toenails, and a heel. But she is also different in many ways.

     I grab an elastic bandage, placing her foot gently on my shoulder to keep it in place as I wrap her injury. Setting her ankle takes no time at all, but I find myself drawing it out. I want an excuse to be touching for as long as I can.

     She has no clue, no idea how tempting she is to me. She stumbled into my lands. She practically fell into my lap. Most males would see her as a gift, a reward, ripe for the plucking. Many would try to lure her into becoming their mate. Elodie is vulnerable and trusting. I could easily take advantage of her.

     But I will not.

     I may not be as worthy as a palace warrior, but I have honor. Just because I am a heathen, a gladiator, a killer, that doesn't make me a monster.

     And not to mention that I am completely undeserving of something as sweet as Elodie. I should not even be touching someone so precious, even to mend her wounds. My hands are dirty, my past muddy, but I still find myself wanting. And oh, how I want her.

     Once her ankle is sufficiently wrapped, I let her foot slide down my chest. I stare into her green eyes. Even under her smile, I detect her fear. She was afraid in those woods, trembling when I touched her, jumping at little noises.

     Something, or someone, scared her. She was crying. She was hurt. The thought makes me tense with anger.

     Elodie makes a mewl, taking her foot out of my lap and leaning away from me. She sees my fury, feels the rage that is surely leaking off of me in waves. The female has no idea that my deadly demeanor is not directed at her.

     And I have no way of telling her.

     Instead, I try to calm down. I hate seeing her afraid, especially when it's me that she's afraid of.

     "I would never hurt you." I vow fiercely, trying to keep my voice soft despite my inner turmoil.

     I've hurt many. Killed many. But I would rather hack my own arm off than raise a hand to Elodie.

     She shifts in discomfort, pulling at her dress. Her orange eyebrows furrow, creating a small crease between them. It's adorable.

     The smell of food becomes stronger around us, and I know its time that she ate something. I straighten, getting closer to the female who is curled up into a ball, her legs to her chest and her chin resting on her knee.

     I open my arms to her, halfway on the couch and so close to her that we're almost touching.

     "Come, you must get something in your stomach to help you heal." I tell her, and she sniffles slightly, watching me very carefully.

     Even if she can't understand me, she's smart. She observes and decides. Elodie is very intelligent, and I will never underestimate her mind.

    She crawls forward slowly, my arms still open to her. I reach for her. She doesn't object. In fact, she puts her hands on my shoulders to steady herself. I pick her up, careful to avoid touching her ankle and her arm. I try very hard not to love the feeling of holding her. I have been starved of any physical contact.

     I carry her to the kitchen and to the table. I transfer her to one arm, holding her to my chest as I pull a chair out. I place her in the seat gently, not able to help myself when I touch her red hair.

     The color is not natural to my own species, and I find myself admiring her uniqueness.

      Elodie tips her head back, my hand resting on mer scalp. She once again blesses me with a smile. I give her a small smile that I don't feel. I like her too much, want her too bad.

     What is wrong with me?

    I turn, releasing her head from my hold and stalking over to the dinner I've prepared for her. I used several vegetables from my garden, and large pieces of lilarc meat. Plenty of seasonings and a rich broth. It's the perfect meal for Elodie to get better.

     The sooner she gets better, the sooner I can return her.

     I place a large, full bowl of stew in front of Elodie, she looks up at me with a grateful look.

     "thaanck yeew" She says, picking up the spoon and looking at the stew curiously.

     Clearing my throat, I go back to the stove to pour myself some food. I take a bite to test it as I stand in the kitchen. It does not taste amazing, but it will help her heal. I'm sure it is nothing in comparison to the feasts they have at the palace.

      I come back to the table, and I can't help but notice how small this female really is. Her feet do not even touch the floor when she sits in one of my chairs. She's the size of a kit. I would think she is a kit if it weren't for the fact that she has large teats. I try not to look at them, but it's a sure sign of her sex.

     I find myself wondering if she's small for her kind, or if all the human females are little.

     Pulling my own chair out, I sit down across from Elodie. She eats small bites of the stew, staring at a chunk of meat with reluctance before putting it in her mouth.

     She seems to be doing better. I cleaned her wound and set her ankle, but she'll still be limping for awhile, something that worries me to no end. But her tears have dried, her terror easing as she settles in. Elodie appears to be comfortable in my den, something I didn't expect to happen.

     She's female. She must be used to being pampered. But she seems content here anyway.

      It makes me almost satisfied. To see her eating, warm and safe, and knowing I provided that for her, it pleases me.

     The sun is setting, and the rain storm continues to persist outside. The wind rattles a tree against the walls outside. The sound causes Elodie to jump. I automatically reach a hand out, trying to calm her.

     "It is alright, you're safe here. I won't let anything hurt you." I promise, and she glances at me. Her frizzy, orange hair is almost completely dry now. Her breathing is uneven and panicked.

     Looking at her now, I know my promise to be true. I've never felt so fiercely protective of anything in my life. The feeling is confusing. I should not feel this way, it's dangerous. I enjoy having her here. But I know that she cannot stay here. I can't keep her. Elodie belongs in the palace.

     Females are sacred. They deserve to be taken care of, to be spoiled and worshipped. She doesn't belong here. As soon as I'm able, I'll have to bring her back.

     But for now, I must take care of her with what I have.

     After a few short moments, she calms. Settling back into her chair, she takes a deep breath, picking up her spoon again and staring down at the bowl with pursed lips. I hardly touch my food. I'm too focused on this female that has changed everything with her appearance.

      I sip on my stew, trying to distract myself from her.

     But suddenly, a crack of thunder shakes the den, rumbling through my chest.

    Elodie shrieks. Spilling stew across the table in a whirl of motion. She's standing, looking around wildly, tears already streaming down her face.

     I go to her, putting my hands on her shoulder as I go to kneel in front of her, still taller than her even on my knees.

     She snaps out of it, looking up at me with a shocked expression. Elodie knocks the breath out of me when she throws herself in my arms, her arms going around my neck as she sobs. My skin becomes wet from her tears. My heart aches.

     When my arms go around her in return, I can't bury the feeling that this is right. This is how things are supposed to be. Her in my arms, pressed against my body, her only comfort and protection from the world.

     But it won't always be this way. It's temporary.

     "Come here, lets get you in your nest. You need sleep, little one." I hush her, picking her up around her back, her legs wrapping around my waist.

     I carry her through the kitchen and to my spare room. It's where my Pa used to sleep, but I've kept the nest clean and the blankets fresh. It seemed to be for nothing, but now I know it was for a reason.

     Elodie continues to sniffle, clutching at me tightly. I pull the covers back, lowering myself to sit as I attempt transferring her to the nest so she can sleep.

     I soon realize that she won't let go. I could easily force her, my strength substantially greater than hers, but I won't. She's trembling, crying, she needs me.

     And so, I will be here to comfort her as long as she needs. I hush her, rubbing a hand up and down her delicate spine.

     "It will all be alright, little female. You are safe. I will always protect you." I restate, even if she has no clue what I say. It feels good to assure her that I am here.

     Time passes, and her tears subside, her body goes still, breath evening. Elodie has fallen asleep in my arms. I stay still for a while longer, just holding her in my lap as the rain comes down noisily outside.

     I touch her hair. She's so warm. So perfect. I find it hard to picture my monotonous life before her.

     Eventually I have to leave her, so I sigh and shift my hold on the female, slipping her effortlessly into the nest. She sighs, reaching around for me before latching onto a pillow instead. I chuckle quietly as I watch her.

     Her face is soft, cheeks round and covered in pink. Her whole being dotted in those brown flecks. She has a small, pert nose with a bump in the middle of the bridge. Her eyelashes are light orange, her eyebrows a darker auburn. Her lips. They're perfect and red and full.

     An unfamiliar feeling rises in me, and I have to look away. I better leave her before I convince myself to stay.

      So, I sneak out of the room, but not before pressing a secret kiss of desire on her forehead and whispering goodnight.

Thank you for reading! Hopefully I'll have more chapters for you soon, but in the mean time enjoy this very long chapter!

Please let me know what you think in the comments<3

Love y'all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Temptation By Jessica

Science Fiction

598 46 23
He reaches into his collar with two fingers and tugs it away from his sweaty neck. I pry into his presence until I can't any longer. He understood ev...
6.5M 184K 58
"𝑰'𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝑰 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉, 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘, 𝒕𝒐�...
241K 9.6K 54
Highest Rank: #1 Alien 6-21-21 WARNING: This contains Xenophile (Alien / Human smut) If you don't find interest then that, this is not the place to b...
Solacium By Anna

Science Fiction

205K 11.4K 54
What do you do when a tall, unreasonably attractive alien crash lands in front of you? You shoot him of course. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── It's been...