Maybe I hate you Maybe I don't

By variedsidesofmusic

Stella and Ray arch enemies. Who would have thought that underneath Ray's cocky, conceited and bully image he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 3

330 9 0
By variedsidesofmusic

Chapter 3

A week has passed since that happened and Stella hasn't mentioned one thing about that night. I was debating with myself whether I should tell her or not but since she got mad at Olivia and Wen for letting me take her home, I don't think I should say anything.I'm guessing she was drunk enough that she didn't know what happened that night, so I let it go, I don't need her to cause any more problems with her anyways. All those times I was mean to her and her friends was because Jules had forced me too or I was out of her group.

I'm walking through the school going to my next class, music with Ms. Reznik, I'm not supposed to not like this class since Ms. Reznik idolizes her favorite students in the band Lemonade mouth ugh.

Honestly I find them okay since I actually enjoy their music even though I play that horrible mudslide crush music, that's just for my image. I see Patty talking with Jules and as I come over. They smile and Jules waves saying she needs to go to art class. As soon as Patty and I enter I see all the band members of lemonade mouth actively talking and laughing. I roll my eyes and sit in my seat at the back since I always act like I don't care about them. I actually want to talk to Stella about that night but I restrain myself.

Ms. Reznik starts telling everyone to be quiet and I just lean back in my seat not really caring. She starts telling us about the different instruments that we have learned over the year, the acoustic guitar, the electric guitar, the bass, the drums, piano/ keyboard, we haven't really learned singing but she believes you don't really need to learn how to sing. She then tells us since it's the end of the year she's going to give us a project that will count a lot for our grade. I groan and Stella glares at me since she's clearly interested in this project. Ms. Reznik says that our project will be in groups of 4 and that she will assign them.

Group number 1: Wen, Shania, Arthur, Victoria.

Group number 2: Olivia, Jenna, Kyle, Christopher.

Group number 3: Mo, Julia, Scott (ouch Mo's not gonna like that), Oliver.

Group number 4: Ray, Patty, Charlie, Stella.

As soon as Ms. Reznik said the last group me and Stella both stood up and yelled out "WHAT?!" Ms. Reznik sighed and continued, "These are all of your groups, as you can see I put at least 1 lemonade mouth member in your group since they know what hard work is about." Our assignment is to write one song for our group, we can choose our instruments but she recommended we used lots of different instruments and lastly we will be performing our songs in one week. So basically I have Patty, Charlie and the worst, Stella Yamada as my band. We have to create a song and perform it! Ms. Reznik is crazy! Absolutely crazy! It can't be done and it won't be done especially with me and Stella fighting all the time.

Stella POV

After school in the basement we all are trying to figure out what to write the song about. Ms. Reznik wants our songs have to meaning and not be something stupid. Since this class is the only grade I can really score high in and brag about I'm pretty determined to do well.

We all started to brainstorm ideas about what our song was going to be about. So far we had cheerleading (Patty), global warming (Charlie being clueless as always) and being thankful for what we have, that idea we pitched together. I honestly thought that wasn't a bad idea but I don't think that will get us top marks, our songs has to our own sentimental feelings put into it, well at least one of ours. Ya that's right I just got deep.

Anyways I said we should worry about what we'll write the song about later (honestly I'm just going to Olivia or Wen for some help.) I wanted to see what instrument skill level Patty and Ray were at. Especially since in mudslide crush Ray just jump around and talks. Patty can jump around and cheer, that's great it doesn't mean you guys are musically talented and can play instruments cause that's what's gonna get us a good grade.

Right now I came up with this simple melody for a song on the lead guitar for Ray to play and he seems to be picking it up but really slowly. Patty doesn't know what instrument she can play which I'm frustrated by. I suggest she takes the bass guitar or the keyboard cause I could probably get Mo to teach Ray bass if she takes keyboard. I taught the drum beat to Charlie and in a matter of minutes he got it, I was extremely proud and happy for him. I told him I was going to help Ray and he just nodded his head. He took out his phone and I assumed he was texting the band to meet up at Dante's after. Then I saw a gigantic smile form on his face so it must've been Mo.

"Okay Ray, it's G, D, E minor and then F you got it?"

Ray tries playing it and practically gets it all wrong. I yell, "C'mon you get the frickin chorus right but you can't get the rest of the song right?!"

Ray smirks, "Like you could do any better."

I roll my eyes and say, "Yes I can, I'm teaching you the melody by playing it. You keep practicing I'm gonna try to help Patty again." I walk over to her seeing her trying the bass guitar and her not even hitting one chord correct. I show her again the fingering and she groans giving up going over to the keyboard to text Jules.

I'm not going to give up yet but I need to take a break. So I put my guitar by the door and go out to the hall to get a lemonade. I feel relieved taking a sip in and make my pucker face, then I heard the drum part of the song I wrote and thought that Charlie must've been playing for fun. Then I heard the guitar part start up. As I walked in I saw Charlie playing the drums, Ray playing the lead guitar and Patty playing the bass. I was shocked as the intro was almost over and walked over to the mike to sing the lyrics.

I like to bite my nails

And play the air guitar

I then pretended like I was playing air guitar

I like to keep my suitcase packed cause I'm going far

I think you're nice but

I don't wanna waste my time

I made a gesture just shooing away anything

I may seem crazy but don't worry I'm just fine

All the way up, all the way down

Never look back It's time to breakout

I want it my way, I do what I do

I was rocking it out, jumping up and down. Having fun and letting loose.

I walked to Charlie and gave him a thumbs up, he smiled back.

I then walked over to Ray and pointed to myself while singing "I know what I like" and walked away singing and "maybe it's you".

That's right

It's a temporary life

It's a ride

That takes you all the way up, all the way down

Never look back it's time to breakout

I kicked my leg up high and then walked over to Patty

I like to go out walking in the pouring rain

I want my rock n roll to make the window shake Patty and I did this little bounce up and down move.

I wait 'til three am to call everyone I know making a call signal with my hand and pointing to all of them

I'm gonna bring the noise

I'm ready here we go I flip my hair back and forth

All the way up, All the way down

Never look back, It's time to breakout

I want it my way, I do what I do

I know what I like and maybe it's you

That's right, It's a temporary life

It's a ride, that takes you all the way up

All the way down Never look back it's time to breakout

There was a little guitar solo for Ray and I checked on him. He was doing totally awesome. I'm really shocked.

It's my life and it's a riot

Come on baby you can't deny it

All the way up, all the way down

Holdin' my breath Lettin' it out

I want it my way, I do what I do

I know what I like

Baby

I hit the high note and the rest of the band was astonished.

We all started rocking out enjoying it.

All the way up, All the way down

Never look back, it's time to breakout

I want it my way, I do what I do

I know what I like, and maybe it's you

That's right, it's a temporary life

It's a ride, that takes you all the way up

All the way down, never look back it's time to breakout

It's time to breakout

Right now

I kick the microphone stand down

It's silent for awhile then Patty squeals and I cover my ears, "What was that for?"

She then says, "That was frickin awesome! I'm so texting Jules, I can play the bass!"

Ray smiles then checks his phone and says, "Great job guys but it's like already six, I gotta go guys see ya tomorrow."

Patty then says she's going home and she'll see us tomorrow as well. They both leave together.

It's just me and Charlie left so he says, "Hey I invited the band to Dante's for a meeting, so let's go."

I shrug and we go out together.

Charlie POV

So we are at Dante's right now since I set up a meeting but mostly I wanted to see Mo. So Scott didn't think they would work out after the Madison square garden concert and he's currently dating Victoria but he's still part of the band. I think he was just scared of Mo's dad that's why. So Mo's sitting on my right and Stella on my left, then Olivia, Wen and Scott around the circle table. Olivia first asks us, "How's your music project going guys?" I also texted them telling them we were with Ray and Patty practicing for music.

Me and Stella look at each other and she says, "They suck they are absolutely horrible and they can't play anything. Especially since Charlie is texting nonstop to you know who." She's looking at Mo and I interrupt punching Stella in the arm, "They aren't that bad actually, we got through one entire song that Stella wrote and sang."

Mo and Olivia look at Stella and say, "What! You wrote a song and you sang how come you never told us?"

Stella rolled her eyes and glared at me and snarled, "Thanks a lot Charles" Ugh she used my first name.

"Well you guys I play many instruments, it isn't that hard to create a song." Olivia says, "Well I'm sorry, me and Wen's job isn't that hard right." Stella says, "Oh c'mon liv you write awesome songs, might are just pretty basic chords and stuff.

Mo says," Whatever you are so showing us your song." Stella spits out her lemonade since she was drinking, "Fine but I want my music project to get a good mark so Liv you are helping me write a song with "meaning" as Ms. Reznik says" Olivia simply says fine and we move on to lemonade mouth business since the school year is almost over.

Stella, "I think that we should throw in like at least a couple of concerts this summer for our fans."

I say, "Well how many is a couple Stella?"

Mo backs me up, "Stella although we are a new and fresh band I sorta wanted to have some fun this summer, maybe the band could all go on a vacation together or something."

I think about it and say, "Ya there are so many places we could together as a fun experience" Olivia then says, "We could go to Florida, New York," Wen interrupts, "I know Hawaii!" We all laugh at that.

Scott says, "Sure Wen we are going to Hawaii." Mo then looks at us like she had a bright idea and says, "What about we tour like Europe, Rome, Greece, Oh my gosh Paris!" We all think it over and Stella is the first one to say, "I think it's a great idea but I still want some concerts put into it." Mo pouts and says, "fine" I quickly say I'm in to, making Mo smile, oh I love her smile. Scott says why not it could be fun and Wen has to take some convincing for Olivia but eventually she says yes.

Olivia also says, "Okay even though I said yes, how is this gonna happen, we need money to transport ourselves there, we need to get permission from our parents or get a parent."

Stella then says, "Oh that's easy Ms. Reznik can supervise, since she practically made our band and the money from our concerts will pay for the trip there and back. Done!"

We all raise our cups and say, "We're going to tour Europe!"

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters of Lemonade Mouth and I don't own All the way up by Emily Osment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 47.4K 36
She's a badass.She's crazy,chatty and outgoing. She goes to parties and get drunk. Her parents are dead. She lives alone and she has her parents' mon...
769K 19.4K 69
You know the normal cliche of the nerd secretly being a street fighter and the bad boy just so happens to find out? Well this is like that.... But no...
1.4K 89 8
Stella is an out going fun loving woman, she meets Bucky in a bar and hits it off with him. They spend the night together and the next dat they both...
9.7K 353 36
What happens when the nice guy in school meets the meanest girl in school? "Outta of my way baka!" Yelled Mangle. "Hey no need to be mean" Said a guy...