Chaos | #3

بواسطة Aella_Grey

❝ I have survived so many fires I can no longer tell if I am alive or if I'm still burning. ❞ - In which the... المزيد

intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
fourth book!

ten

10.8K 437 244
بواسطة Aella_Grey

The next day at school passed by uneventfully until it was time to do our community service at the fairground. Phoebe wasn't in to exact her revenge so that was a plus.

"How long is the drive?" Kade asked, stepping into the car and we followed suit, closing the doors softly behind us.

"An hour to get there and then it lasts until six so we'll only get back at seven." Hallie told us as Riven started the car up.

Fantastic. We might be able to get some candy from the machines though so there's that.

Wyatt started belting out the songs that came on the radio, joined by Helios and soon everyone decided to participate. Fair enough we sounded like pigs trying to sing but oh well.

CHAOS

"Rule one, Onyx, don't get us into anymore trouble than normal." Hadley voiced all our thoughts, grabbing the litter picker up and pointing it at him.

He nodded, pulling at the tacky ribbon we had to wear to show we weren't there for fun.

"This doesn't go with my complexion. Can you see? It washes me out." He complained, checking himself in the pocket mirror I was pretty sure was mine.

We just laughed and Maddox dragged him outside where officer Mills showed up in front of us, a serious expression on his face.

"There's not much to it. You just have to pick up every piece of litter for the next week." I looked around and my eyes widened.

"That's like, ten acres of land to cover." I stated and he just glanced away before turning back with a smile.

"Fifteen actually but good luck." And then he left.

We all shared a look with eachother before heading off to get the job done as quickly as possible. I raked the litter aside and Asrael used the picker to drop it in the garbage bag.

From a distance I could see Onyx riding the carousel and Maddox joining him only to be pulled off by the security guards. Haldey seemed displeased as a little kid ran past, accidentally dropping his milkshake on her shoes.

In the next hour and a half Asrael and I had managed to cover around two acres. Damon had managed to tell at least six people to fuck off so there was nothing new there. Wyatt disappeared for ten minutes before we saw him on one of the roller coasters with Helios, Onyx and Maddox. They were also dragged off by guards when they reached the ground again.

When the two hours were finally up we had somehow managed to clear all fifteen acres of litter and Mills looked annoyed he couldn't make us stay longer.

"Guys, over here." Onyx called and we followed him to gate that had a clear sign on saying No Tresspassing. Onyx didn't seem to mind though as he hopped over before anyone could drag him back.

"He'll be the death of us, I swear." Domino muttered before climbing over the fence. Everyone else followed suit and Onyx appeared in front of us out of nowhere.

"Come on, see." He pointed to a building in the distance, seemingly eager to get to it. We followed him through the woods while he skipped.

Then he dipped.

Literally.

Onyx was in front of us one second and in the ground another. Being the idiots that we were, we took another step to see what took him and sunk in aswell. I felt myself going down further and huffed.

You've got to be kidding me.

"Now you've got us stuck in sinking mud. Any other bright ideas?" Hunter asked, folding his arms across his chest.

"Well I suppose we find a way to get out before we suffocate beneath the earth." Onyx nodded firmly and reached for the stable ground, trying to pull himself out.

We watched silently as he made random noises, hand reaching for the side but failing miserably.

"Oh shit, my heels came off. They were the new ones aswell." Hadley grimaced at the mud, trying to pull herself out but it was futile as she went in further.

I focused on Wyatt who had been quiet the whole time to see him using a stick to get back out. Like actually paddling through the mud. The rest of us watched with blank expressions as he flapped his arms and legs, pulling himself closer with the stick he had gotten from god knows where.

It didn't seem like he was getting anywhere until he reached the edge. Hadley had fished her phone out of her pocket and had recorded the whole thing, laughing quietly to herself.

Once Wyatt was out he grabbed both mine and Hadley's hands first, pulling us out. We helped the rest next and I felt like my clothes suddenly weighed a hell of a lot.

"You smell like shit." We all said simultaneously before pinching our noses.

"We have to drive back in this, squished together, for an hour." Riven wondered out loud and we sighed, trudging back to the gate we had climbed over.

"We're never following you anywhere, ever again Onyx." Kayden said, planting his feet on the ground after climbing back over.

Onyx was the last to get back over and slipped from the mud still on the fence, face planting into a puddle of mud. He looked seconds away from bursting into tears as he cried about how everything smelled like dog shit.

As we headed back to the car, people gave us odd looks, specifically Onyx who had muddy water dripping from his hair and face.

I threw Onyx one of my towels in the back of the car and he thanked me, wiping his face down. We got in the car next and Hallie sprayed endless amounts of perfume to ease the sewer smell.

This has to be one of the worst days ever.

CHAOS

We trudged into the house, Maddox shutting the door behind him. Everyone was in a bad mood after being stuck in the car covered in mud and probably shit for a an hour.

"Where's that foul smell coming from?"

Dante rounded the corner but stopped when he saw us, looking us up and down with mild distaste. The rest of our brothers and sisters appeared behind him, sharing the same look.

"I'm not even going to ask. Go shower and try not to get even more dirt of the floor and walls." Dante nodded for us to go upstairs and we did with grumbles and huffs.

After having a shower I changed into some pyjamas and sat down on the bed, scrolling through some random apps until I got bored. Rael was taking his turn in the shower so I walked out of our room, hoping to find some source of entertainment so my boredom would leave.

I turned the corner, ready to ask Wyatt if he wanted to watch a movie but ended up crashing into someone instead. I rubbed my head and looked up.

"Wait a minute- Kenzie?" I smiled brightly at her. She looked dazed for a second but once she realised it was me, she returned it and wrapped her arms around me in a hug.

"Vic? What are you doing here?" She asked, pulling away but the smile never dropped.

Mackenzie was Liya's cousin but they never hung out much. The only time I saw her was when she'd drop something off at the dorm for Liya. Their moms never really got along and neither did they but we hit it off pretty well.

"Kenz- Vic?" Creed opened the door of his room, coming out with a sleeping Ella in his arms.

"You guys know eachother?" He asked, confused. We both nodded.

"I met Kenzie through Liya." I told him and he just nodded again, seemingly still confused and tired.

Mackenzie still looked uncertain and I gestured to Creed,"He's my brother." The smile lit up her face again and she made a knowing sound.

It was my turn to take a while to catch onto something and I looked between the three,"Oh, your Ella's mom."

"Yeah." She laughed, taking Ella from Creed as he walked away to answer a business call.

I sighed in relief,"Thank god. Not going to lie I thought you were going to be like Adrian's ex."

We both laughed at that and Ella woke up, mumbling gibberish before cuddling more into Kenzie's arm.

"I'm going to get her to bed." She told me and I nodded in understanding.

"See you later." I replied. She returned it and I headed back to my room. The time was around 11pm and Asrael was led back on on the bed, scrolling through his phone. He looked up when I entered and I slid in next to him.

"I met Ella's mom." I looked up at him, resting my head on his chest.

He nodded, "Do you like her?"

"Yeah, turns out she's Liya's cousin. The only one in the family that doesn't betray people for money." I told him. He chuckled at the shade I threw to Liya who I hadn't seen since she left to wherever she did with that money from Blaze.

"Love you." I mumbled, feeling myself drifting off.

He kissed my forehead,"You too."

Before I fell asleep though I heard Dante yell,"Get the fuck out of my sight before I barbecue you."

And that's on tomorrow's problems.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

69.9K 2.3K 28
SEQUEL TO GENESIS Read to follow The Blackwell cousins as they navigate through college, high school, secrets, drama, love, betrayal and a whole ass...
Their Treasure بواسطة aficchi

قصص المراهقين

88.9K 1.8K 16
Alessandra had always been in the dark about her family. Her mother made sure of it. She never told her anything about her father, her mysterious jo...
347K 6.6K 48
Aurora and Kaden Ferrari have only ever had each other, ever since they were sold at the age of 5 to be put into foster care. They have always known...
4.1K 237 20
A journey full of pain, grief, anger, regrets, misunderstanding and hate ...... Making a way in six stone hearted people who had lot of love for each...