His Caged Dove -Mafia Romance...

By HisBeautifulMess

Dove Genovese, daughter of the second in command of the Italian mafia boss, has one sole purpose in life. Tha... More

One: Dove
Two: Gedeon
Three: Dove
Four: Gedeon
Five: Dove
Six: Gedeon
Seven: Dove
Eight: Gedeon
Nine: Dove
Ten: Gedeon
Eleven: Dove
Twelve: Gedeon
Thirteen: Dove
Fourteen: Gedeon
Fifteen: Dove
Sixteen: Gedeon
Eighteen: Gedeon
Nineteen: Dove
Twenty: Gedeon
Twenty-One: Dove
Twenty-Two: Gedeon
Twenty-Three: Dove
Twenty-Four: Gedeon
Twenty-Five: Dove
Twenty-Six: Dove
Twenty-Seven: Gedeon
Twenty-Eight: Gedeon
Twenty-Nine: Dove
Thirty: Gedeon
Thirty-One: Dove
Thirty-Two: Gedeon
Thirty-Three: Dove
Thirty-Four: Gedeon
Thirty-Five: Gedeon
Thirty-Six: Dove
Q&A + The Second Book

Seventeen: Dove

39.4K 1.2K 366
By HisBeautifulMess

Seventeen:

Dove

I had to be demented.

That was the only explanation going through my mind. Shortly after Gedeon had left, the party went on like normal. Well, except for the new stares at my direction from his outburst.

She's mine.

His possessiveness in his angered words did something to me that I couldn't explain, much like when he praised me. Gedeon made me feel things, things I didn't know what they were or that I can even feel at all. It made my heart speed, and not out of fear either.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Aleksei asked once more, his eyes filled with worry along with Sofia and Anastasia.

I nodded, my hands unconsciously running through the side of my hair where Vlad had grabbed me. "Yes, it wasn't too bad. I think we should be asking Sofia with the bump."

She smoothly ran her hands over her belly with a smile. "We're okay, but it was thanks to you. We're forever in your debt."

"No, I did what anyone else would have." I shook my head at the mere thought of someone being in my debt. I had only met Sofia, but she was the only person that defended me, helped me. "So please don't talk about owing me. You've already done a lot for me."

"She did?" Anastasia asked, her brows bumped together.

"Well, if you count showing her what's good to eat," she offered, laughing while everyone else chuckled. Fixing their demeanor, Sofia's eyes become serious as they land on me. "Though, I can't believe you were able to calm Gedeon in that state."

"I was thinking that as well," Anastasia agreed, placing a hand onto her hips after finishing her champagne and thrusting it to Aleksei who rolled his eyes. "I never knew you were so brave, throwing yourself onto an angry lion."

The corner of my lips twitched at her comparison of him to a lion. It was fitting, with his scar too.

"I was scared wits for your safety," Aleksei mumbled, snapping my attention back to him. "I'm just glad he went to cool down while Timor makes sure the Roman family is okay with everything that went on. I feel bad for them."

Anastasia scoffed. "You kidding me? They've been waiting for this day for years. Now with Vlad gone, they can finally stop being the laugh and gossip of the party."

"What will happen with you?" I asked when it finally dawned to me that Sofia was Vlad's mistress. I was rather shocked he didn't hide it, showcasing her like she was just an object.

"I've talked to Gedeon," Timor said, coming up to us while fixing his bowtie. It seemed this man could never catch a break all evening that I had to think if I've seen him eating as he turned his attention to Sofia. "Sofia, you can choose to stay, but I think that isn't what you really want, is it?"

"Are you serious?" she whispered in disbelief.

"We had all assumed for a while what was happening, but without you saying anything and not directly part of our family, we didn't try to do anything long enough," Timor winced at his own words before puckering his lips. "I apologize for not keeping a better eye on it. But we're giving you the choice now if you wish to stay and become part of our family under blood oath."

Sofia's mouth parted in a silent gasp for a moment before she shook her head. "No, I'm sorry but thank you for the offer. I never did, but I couldn't leave. I have my daughter, just seven years old, and I needed the money. Not to mention, Vlad had made it clear if I left...something bad will happen to her and me."

"Figured as much," Timor mumbled. "Okay. Well I've talked about it with Gedeon like I said before. We'll give you a new life, with proper documentation and an account with one million for you. We'll also give you a burner phone which you can contact us with anything you need for the first week before we cut the line and never come in contact with you again."

"I'll be free?" she questioned, her eyes going saucer and goosebumps rippled through my skin.

Free.

Sofia had been trapped in her own hell for God knows how long.

"It appears so, and I already made plans for everything to be done with by tonight," Timor nodded with a small smile. "And it seems Dove is the doing for your freedom."

Without another word, she flings her arms around me, trying to get close as she can with the giant baby bump squished. I had never been hugged and to be taken by surprise caused me to tense. Stiff as a board, I can only remain quiet as she sniffled, thanking me over and over. It felt comforting and warm before she pulled away, squeezing me on the shoulders lightly. "Thank you, Dove."

"I really didn't do anything," I whispered, feeling confused. When Vlad had stumbled into my vision, it felt natural to protect her, even though I didn't know the situation or what was happening. Vlad's eyes were hateful, much like my Father and Robert that I couldn't do anything. My body acted in the need to protect her for a reason.

"I have to thank him," she whispered, wiping away her tears. "It's the least I can do."

"As Gedeon said, he's not up to seeing anyone," Timor frowned.

"But you just saw him," Anastasia pointed out.

Timor chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Are you kidding me? Nah, I called that motherfucker to get this all figured out since someone has to make sure this is settled with too."

"Actually, I'm going to go so I'll let Gedeon know on your behalf," I shared. The idea had been in my head since he stormed out. The look in his eyes, anger yet disconsolate was something that had been bothering me quite a bit. I thought I was insane to send myself to one of the most dangerous men who gave clear instructions to not follow him.

Yet for some reason, his threat didn't scare me.

"Dove, I don't think that's a good idea," Aleksei said, his lips pressed together in a thin line. "He said he didn't want anyone to follow him out."

"Exactly," I agreed. "I'm not anyone,"

No, I'm a no one, a bird. A thing.

Everyone looked at one another, and I knew it was going to be a losing battle unless I did something. I racked my brain for some sort of argument or persuasion. What would Jo, the independent and ambitious sister from Little Women, do in this situation?

"I don't –"

"I am your Queen," I dared myself to say. "Which means according to Gedeon, my words are absolute...right?"

They all fall quiet at my question for a moment, perplexed. It was like they never saw me before, and I surprised myself too. I can feel the heat travel across my body but also proud I didn't just bow my head silently and accept it.

"You're asking us?" Timor said with pure amusement before turning to them. "Well?"

"I can't say no to that one," Anastasia grinned. "Gutsy."

"I don't know..." Aleksei mumbled while both of them rolled their eyes.

"Just go," Timor flicked his wrist.

I nodded and made my way past the numerous stares. Nothing mattered right now but what I wanted. And right now, I wanted to see how I can make the sadness around Gedeon's eyes go away.

Stepping out into the courtyard in the back, I silently regretted not getting outerwear. The temperature at night was almost freezing against my skin. The ground had parts that were iced while parts still had snow. I see a pair of footprints of what had to be Gedeon's since there were no other footprints. Taking off my heels, and lifting my dress with my free hand, I followed each of it like a path. His feet compared to mine was bigger, his pacing faster. My barefoot stung with each step from the cold along with my skin, yet I continued to follow.

Passing through the arches, I saw Gedeon looking up at the clear night sky. No cigar in sight, as I thought. I didn't know if he knew it was me because he didn't bother to even lift his head to look at me. I willed myself to not show that I was cold, gritting my teeth together in an effort for it to not chatter. Taking a seat next to him, I allowed him to gather his thoughts but it wasn't a moment later he broke the silence.

"You truly don't know when to listen to you," he stated, monotone.

I swallowed, twirling my thumbs. "You did say anyone, and the last time I checked, I was a bird to you, a thing."

"No, you're not a bird," he said, finally taking his attention away from the stars above to shrug off his suit. I had forgotten I still had the other suit he had given me before in my rather massive closet that I didn't use. He draped it over me, and I ignored the electricity coursing through me when his fingers grazed my skin. He quietly buttoned it up and I realized how small I was compared to his body. Finishing, he narrowed his eyes to continue the rest of his sentence. "You're a fucking brat who clearly needs discipline."

I quiet at his words. I shouldn't be shocked that he wanted to train me to obey his every whim. I was his property but for some reason, the words stung. It was true, what he said. Father had always said that one day, Robert would break my spirit till I stop fighting. I guess that'll be something Gedeon would do and I would not be able to stop him.

Maybe I deserved it.

Quietly getting up, my brain seemed to have gone quiet as I knelt onto the ground in front of him. As if I was in a trance, I closed my eyes, ignoring his stare. The cement and stones dug into my knees along with the brisk cold. I held out my palm on top of my thighs and peered up at him, waiting for him to punish me in the exact position Robert had made me memorize.

"What the fuck are you doing?" he finally asked, sounding rather revolted.

"Waiting for my punishment," I whispered, keeping my eyes to the ground.

"Punishment?"

"You said you needed to discipline me," I answered, my voice trembling slightly. "If I listen like a good girl, then maybe...maybe you won't..."

Force me to do something worse or take me against my will.

Neither of us said anything. Perhaps he was waiting for me to finish, but I couldn't find it in me to not finish the sentence without breaking down. The words would get caught in my throat as shame and disgust fill me.

"Look at me, sweetheart," he growled promptly. At his wish, I lifted my head to connect with his beautiful blues. I presumed it would just like how I felt by myself, but instead, I found anger. The muscles on his face tightened even more than before. His jaws were set on a hardline as he radiates pure dominance. I couldn't look away at him, the monster that owned me because in that moment, it swelled something in me that he was angry in my place. I made myself believe it. Made myself believe he was different as he continued, "Get the fuck up and sit down before I take you across my lap and spank your ass till it's red."

"Is that what you want?" I swallowed.

"Is this something you've done before?" he seethed.

I nodded. "It's what I'm trained to do, by—"

"I don't ever want you to say his name ever again," he snapped. I straightened my back at his command and nodded. "That's my command."

"Okay."

"Let me tell you right now, I like girls on their knees," He pinched his nose, shaking his head while his nose flared. "But only when they want to be. You don't."

"Yes, I do, because I have upset you," I countered before pressing my lips into a thin line. There was something about Gedeon that made me speak my mind and I hated it. When a chuckle came out of him, I tilted my head to the side like he had gone mad. "Are you mad?"

"Get up right now and sit your ass down. I hate repeating myself," he demanded. Immediately, I got up. The rush of cold air helped my knees that I knew was a bit red and scraped from kneeling too long and did as I was told, feeling a bit baffled and bewildered as he exhaled loudly. "And you're right, I am mad, but not the crazy kind. I'm angry because of what happened back there."

"At Vlad?"

"No, at you."

I did a double take. "Me?"

"I said next time someone gave you a hard time or made you uncomfortable, you come to me," he retorted slowly for me to follow along. "I hate repeating myself already and every time I do, you seem to have a hard time listening. I said to not run and hide behind Aleksei. You come to your husband."

"I know, but you were busy," I reasoned, staring up into the sky and the sight of the Pegasus constellation caught my attention. A beautiful, winged horse with magical power. As a child, I wanted nothing more than for its existence to be real, to take me and Mother away. I fought the urge to ask if Gedeon knew how to read the star because it was more than slim to none.

"And?" he prompted.

"I didn't want to because it wasn't that big of a deal before. Well, I didn't expect to morph into something so big anyways," I replied, pressing myself into his warm suit. "Not to mention, you've assigned Aleksei to me, so I assumed to go to him."

"I've changed my mind," he stated coldly, no room for error. He looked away from the twinkling stars above to me. "If anyone causes you problems or makes you uncomfortable, you come to me."

"Okay," I agreed.

Satisfied with my answer, he dropped his head back up at the star as we basked in the silence. I never liked the silence, being alone in my thoughts in my room alone. Yet out there with freedom and the Pegasus constellation watching over me like my Mother was, I allowed myself to just exist. Finally, he spoke. "I still cannot comprehend why you would put yourself in danger like that,"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm grateful on behalf of Sofia because it would have ended badly, but why," he asked, seemingly lost. "What's your motive? To get her on your side?"

I shook my head. It seemed in his world, everything had to have an ulterior for doing something for others. It made me feel sad to think that. "Well, she was pregnant. Wouldn't anyone do that?"

"No, no one would. Why do you think they all stood there? I was going to make a grab for him, but you were one second faster," he said in irritation. "So why help a stranger? Someone you barely know?"

"Because if you can, why won't you?" I asked, puzzled by his question.

"You sure you're Mateo's daughter?" He stared at me in disbelief before a slow smirk came upon his perfect face. Maybe it was the moonlight shining down, but he looked beautiful. Something out of a fairytale, though he was anything but a prince.

"I'm positive," I replied with a lackluster smile. Mateo would have killed me or my Mother without a second glance if he thought she cheated on him.

"It seems that your blood is the only thing you inherited from him," he murmured under his breath. Before I could ask what he meant, the shuffling from a bush caught both of our attention. Before I could process, Gedeon was already taking out his gun, jumping up from his seat, standing in front of me. His body was rigid and tense. "Come out slowly or you'll be shot."

More ruffling followed by what appears to be whimpering of an animal and out tumbled from the bushes a rabbit. A dirty, brown fur rabbit with the tip of its ear in black scurried out. Upon seeing us, he perked his ears up while wiggling his nose. Breathing heavy, he laid down on the open field just a few feet from us. "It's a rabbit."

"I mean, we are upstate. There's a bunch of them," Gedeon replied, tucking his gun back.

Something was wrong with him. It was the way he laid down, clearly in some sort of distress. Without thinking, I got up, careful to slowly approach him so he wouldn't dart. His beaded eyes stared back at me, wiggling his nose and my heart dropped when I realized one of its hind legs was covered in blood. Gently, I bent down, thankful it allowed me to scoop him into my arms. "He's hurt."

I didn't even realize Gedeon had followed me until his voice right above me broke through the silence. "Leave it."

"No, we can't just leave him. One of his legs is bleeding out badly," I pointed out. "If we leave, he'll die."

"Do you have to save every single thing?" he asked, frustrated as he raked his hair back.

"Do you have to let every single thing die?"

The corner of his lips twitched. "Fucking brat."

"We have to help it," I whispered, holding him closer against me for warmth under Gedeon's suit. It was trembling nonstop and I hoped he was able to last till we could get some sort of help.

"They're prey animals anyways," he scoffed, walking a few steps ahead of me. "Let's just go back in and let nature do its thing. I'm sure whatever was hunting it was hungry. Besides, the weak won't last a second in this world like the rabbit. They're useless and it's a burden anyways. Just leave it there and let it die."

I stilled at his words, feeling hurt and also angry on the rabbit's behalf. "Don't say it like that."

"Like what?"

"Like the strongest have the rights to live and the weakest don't," I protested.

"It's true."

"It's not fair."

He chuckled, his voice low and dangerous. "Life isn't fair, sweetheart."

He then turned, his back to me like it was some sort of mockery. For some reason, it angered me like he knew everything. Yes, life wasn't fair, but it's not his fault. Holding onto the anger, I allowed myself to defend my case. I wasn't sure halfway through if it was for the rabbit or me at this point.

"It's not his fault that he was born a rabbit, much like Sofia who was tied to Vlad. She didn't ask to be. Not everyone is lucky to be born strong like you. Some people, like me and Sofia, and this rabbit...they didn't ask to be born weak. They didn't ask to be born in this status," I snapped, my voice shaking but I didn't care. He had stopped walking and I barreled on, "The strong exists not to bully the weak, but to protect them. That's why I think I helped Sofia as well. Because at that moment, I had to protect her. Her unborn child and her."

I held the rabbit closer to me, letting my heartbeat in my chest at this new emotion I allowed myself to confine in anger and passion. Neither of us said anything as I caught my breath. I stroked the head of the rabbit, finding comfort and hoped he felt the same. Gedeon stayed silent, his back still to me.

"So, what do you want to do with it?" he asked.

"You're asking me?" I asked, confused what he meant.

He turned, his expression remaining stoic and hard. He walked back towards me, his hands in his slack pocket. "You're the one with the whole speech."

"I want to take it back to the estate and maybe nurse it back to health if that's okay with you."

"I'm not taking care of the damn thing, so keep it in your room," he replied, his eyes narrowing as his eyes trail to where I had the rabbit in my arms.

"Yes, of course," I rushed out, a smile forming on my face. Each moment with Gedeon so far has caused me to smile like I didn't know was possible. In fact, every day I had been at their estate drew me out of my shell and made me feel. "Thank you, Gedeon."

A grin of his own appears while he tsked. "You should really stop smiling like that, you're going to give me the wrong idea."

"I'm sorry?"

"Nothing let's head back in and we'll use your stupid pest you picked up as an excuse to leave early," he said, walking first with me trailing just a few feet behind him. "Oh, and by the way, when I say I'm going to discipline you, it won't be anywhere outside."

"Well yes, I know that," I said, frowning as to why he brought that up. It made sense for him to uphold his image now that I thought about it.

"No, you misunderstand," he shook his head, waiting for me to catch up by his side as his gaze dipped to my exposed neckline. "When I discipline or punish you, it'll be in the bedroom, with you begging for it."

"Begging?" I squeaked out, my voice pitching high. There it was again, the way my core throbbed and aches when he stared at me like that with a gleam of deviltry. He gently held my chin, tugging me till I was staring at him. He stood, arrogant and full of himself.

"Yes, you'll be begging because you want to be punished and disciplined to please me."

"Impossible," I replied, shaking my head. There was no way I would ever beg someone.

"Sweetheart, trust me when I say sooner or later, you will be on my bed, begging me to fill you to the brim with my cock because you want it," he grinned madly at the thought and I can only feel flames heating my cheeks at his words. They were dirty, yet for some reason, my body felt hot. He grinned at my reaction. "Are you blushing?"

"It's because of your suit," I weakly lied, walking ahead.

It wasn't technically a lie, so therefore I wasn't lying. Stroking the rabbit tentatively, I smiled. 

Ahhh we're finally seeing Gedeon and Dove getting closer hehe <3

What will happen in the next chapter?

What do you think Gedeon was thinking when Dove was defending the rabbit?

Any votes and comments would be greatly appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 9.6K 52
"You're annoying. I just gave a speech to you about trying to get me in bed and now here you are fucking staring at my ass." I shouted at him, he smi...
14.3K 919 48
WARNING: MATURE CONTENT!!! β˜…Be careful who you trust. Because, even your bestfriend can also become your greatest enemyβ˜… Don't come close to me !" I...
5.6M 143K 107
I looked at her possessively before grabbing her by the nape of her neck and pulling her closer to me, our lips a breath away. "You are mine. Only mi...
155K 3.6K 32
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...