Luna

By sdvwrites

Once upon a time, Luna was a happy child who had a loving mother and no worries. Everything changed when her... More

CHARACTER INTRODUCTION - 1
ONE
THREE
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
CHARACTER INTRODUCTION - 2
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two

TWO

20.2K 491 28
By sdvwrites

L U N A

I woke up with a throbbing headache.

It was two days ago that Nick found out about my little secret. He had caused so much damage, it was almost impossible to leave my bed. The only times I left it, were to use the bathroom.

I didn't have the strength to go downstairs to eat. And to be honest, I was too scared to go because I didn't want to face Nick. Luckily I still had an empty bottle of water in my room that could be filled in the bathroom.

Nick surprisingly left me alone. I think he knows I need to recover from his assault.

My whole body hurts. I lift myself off the bed with great difficulty and move to the bathroom eager to clean myself from his touch. For the past two days, I felt dirty. There was nothing more I wanted to do than wash myself, but I simply couldn't stand longer than five minutes.

I set the water on the warmest stand. So I could replace the burn from his touch, with the burn from the boiling water. Unfortunately, for me the water did not heat up further to lukewarm.

I started scrubbing my skin, trying to erase what happened. When I reached my hips, I noticed some small bruises. Five rounds on each side. The nauseous feeling came back, though I'm not sure if it had ever gone away.

He was much more aggressive than normal.

After ten minutes of scrubbing my skin red, I took care of my new wounds. Even though there wasn't much I could do. My ribs were in such a bad state. Every breath I took sends a sharp pain through my body.

My rumbling stomach brings me back to reality. It's been a while since I've eaten. I make my way into the kitchen, hoping to find something to eat.

Before I can search the cabinets, the doorbell rings.

I make sure to cover every inch of my skin that could indicate I was in pain. I opened the door slowly, bracing myself for who it could be. We barely got visitors, and when we did, it were Nick his friends. People who were as sick in the head as him.

Instead, I was facing a man and woman in uniform. Fuck its the police. If Nick knew they were here, I would be blamed. And I couldn't handle another beating know. It was too early.

The best thing to do was to act as if everything was alright. She tried to smile at the man and woman, trying her best to seem sincere.

"Hello Miss, I'm officer Williams and this is my partner, officer Jones," she said with a small smile.

My social anxiety spiked up. "Hello," I said with a small voice. My heart rate kept speeding up, I was afraid it was going to explode.

"Is this the home of Nick Smith?" officer Jones asked.

My mouth ran dry. What do I do? Do I lie or tell the truth?

I would be in trouble either way I thought.

"Yes," I eventually answered.

"We are here to discuss the situation of Nick Smith. He has been stopped and caught with possession of drugs, drunk driving and being violent toward an officer. We have a search warrant to see if there are more drugs. Can we come in?"

I was gobsmacked when the words left her mouth. "Uhh yeah, come in," I whisper.

I knew Nick was an aggressive drunk but drug possession?

For the past hour they've turned the whole house upside down. They found a lot of drugs in places I didn't even know existed.

I was pretty sure Nick wasn't an addict, not to drugs anyway. The possession of so many drugs would result in prison sentence.

A spark ignited within me as the realization struck me. A spark I thought had long since died out.

Was I finally done with this life?

"Luna, could you come down to the office to answer a few questions?" Officer Jones gently asked. He probably thought I'm going to break down because my guardian is in trouble. He couldn't be more wrong.

"Yes," I answered quietly.

"We have contacted a social worker to help you find a new home. Do you know if you have family that is willing to take you in?" He questions.

"No, it's just me."

I was all alone. The lonely feeling is always present. You'd think I'd get used to it after years, but I didn't.

The whole day was a bit of a blur. I tried to move as little as possible to minimize the pain.

I was questioned if I knew anything about Nick's situation. Fortunately, there were no questions about violence of any sorts.

I knew lying to the police wasn't a smart idea, but neither was betraying Nick. He always found out. He had many connections, too many if you ask me. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a corrupt cop in this station who would help Nick.

They were persistent on checking my birth certificate. Officer Williams wanted to make sure I had no other family before putting me in the system. She would try to contact my father even when I told her he wasn't in the picture.

It was always Mom and I against the world. Even when she met Nick.

I thought a lot about them together. Was he ever violent towards her? Mom would never be with him if she had know what for a person he was. Or did he force her to be with him? So many questions that never would be answered.

Officer Jones was on the phone with someone for the past ten minutes. I tried to overhear him because I was curious and had nothing better to do. Unfortunately, he was too far away.

He gave a thumb up to officer Williams, who was sitting on her desk doing some paper work.

I was confused, maybe they found a distant aunt or something.

Five minutes later Williams and Jones came toward me "Good news Luna, we found you a new home," exclaimed Officer Williams. The joy radiated from her. I think it's because finding lost family doesn't happen much, so I should feel lucky.

I raised an eyebrow thinking who it could be. "We have found your brothers. They are happy you are well. Your oldest brother has agreed to be your legal guardian," she almost sang.

My mouth was wide open. Excuse me?

This can't be. I pinched myself a few times, confused why I was still sitting on a chair in the police station. I didn't understand. How could I have brothers?

A part of me felt neglected. After Mom's death, they could have taken me in. Instead, I was left in the hands of a psychopath.

Anger bubbled in my veins. But then I realized my oldest 'brother' immediately agreed to take me in. Maybe they never contacted them when Mom died. My head started hurting from thinking so much. I will just ask them.

I felt a small hand on my shoulder, flinching away from the sudden touch. Sympathetic green eyes met mine. Not like Nick's dark, angry green eyes, these were more friendly.

"I know it must be a lot to take in. Jones and Mrs. Diaz are taking care of everything. You don't need to worry about anything."

But I did worry. They could be as bad as Nick or they could not give a shit about me. So many scenarios rushed through my head. Each scenario worse than the last.

A woman around her thirties was walking toward me. She had blond hair pulled back into a neat ponytail. She wore a stylish dark blue trouser suit with a blouse.

The woman smiled and introduced herself as my social worker Mrs. Diaz. She will bring me to the airport where I will fly to Montana. Before I knew it, I had said goodbye to officer Williams and Jones, and was heading to my 'home' to pack my things.

I will be forever in Jones and Williams their debts. They have changed my life completely without actually knowing it's true impact.

I stood in my room packing the few things I owned. I'm not materialistic girl. I do not own a phone, laptop or other electronic devices. The only important object was a pastel pink blanket with my name on it and my mothers necklace.

I never wore her necklace, too scared Nick would find out and take it away from me. But he's not here anymore, so what's holding me back? I open the medallion for the thousandth time and see the picture of my mother with a man looking at each other. When I look to the other side I see the words that warm my heart.

Always & Forever

- Luca

I know for sure it's my father in the picture. I got the looks from mom, from the wavy dark brown hair to my mouth. But my eyes are a copy of his. Icy blue eyes with a dark blue edge and a little bit brown around my pupils. Mom loved my eyes, she said she could look at them forever.

Almost every evening I stare at this picture. They look so happy and in love. What went wrong?

"Luna you ready? We need to get you to the airport!" Mrs. Diaz yelled.

I looked at my room for the last time. It wasn't much: a worn mattress, a closet and a small desk.

I was grateful to have furniture, but I despised this space. The room had nothing but bad memories.

I was ready to leave this life behind. A fresh start was all I needed.

°°°°°°°°°°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 10.1K 63
SEQUEL TO ๐•ป๐–”๐–œ๐–Š๐–—! "๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘’๐‘š๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘œ๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘“๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ ๐‘’" A lot of things...
333K 6.2K 40
When the Russo's youngest twins Lucas and Laureline were kidnapped at 2 years old. It shattered the family and even the twins. Lucas has spent his wh...
12.7K 301 23
Alessia is a 14 year old girl, her whole life she has been protecting her little brother, but one day their mother gets killed and they have to live...
5.8M 156K 85
"No, I'm an only child.What do you mean by I have brothers? " Follow Anastasia Rosaline Blade through her journey. Overcoming abuse, PTSD, depression...