rebel | leah clearwater

By kiraalicex

We all know Charlie tries his best as a dad, but he could only do so much for his son, Arlo, since he lived a... More

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
AN
☘ Ending 1 ☘
♱ Ending 2 ♱

11

5.4K 190 28
By kiraalicex

AN// just a quick question, does anyone hate the way I spell Arlo's speech sometimes? I just think it may help people understand his accent more but let me know if i should stop!

__

__

Arlo sits on the front steps, a cigarette hanging from his lips as he gazes at the small amount of sun peaking through the clouds that are clearing. He exhales slowly and leans on the side of the house, pulling his phone out as it rings. "Ello?"

"Arlo? Hi, it's Alice, we met last week. I'm-"

"I'm not thick, I know who you are." He rolls his eyes. "What's up?"

"Well I wanted to ask if you could come for a suit fitting?" She says kindly.

"Fitting? Ah, no. I'll wear whatevers in me wardrobe." He shakes his head.

"Oh... I mean, as Bella's brother you should be part of the wedding party-"

"I may be her brother but has anything hinted to you that were close, love?" He asks, throwing the butt of the cigarette onto the grass.

Alice is silent for a moment. "You're right, I'm sorry. Maybe I can help you find something nice to wear tho? I'm sorta guessing you won't find much in your closet."

"You're the future seer righ?" He smirks. "You already knew that didn't you."

Alice giggles. "Maybe. Edward is bringing Bella by later, how about he grabs you too and brings you? I'll have some options for you to try."

"I guess so, sure." He nods. "See-"

"Oh, one last thing?" She asks pausing for a moment. "Are you really thinking of that hair color?"

"Yeh. Why?"

"Can you... Maybe... Hold off? Just until after the wedding." She asks laughing nervously.

"Goodbye Alice."

He slips his phone away and rolls his eyes, heading inside. It's weird being alone; Leah has been at home the past two days to see her mum and brother, maybe speak to the pack. Charlie is working and Bella is out with Edward of course. He doesn't mind it so much anymore, only when it leaves him all alone.

"This can't be so hard." He muses as he grabs the box of bleach and some gloves, squinting at the label. He shrugs and mixing the paste, using the reflection of the microwave to help him out it on the ends of his hair. He's squatting so low his thighs burn, but he quickly shoves the bleach on any which way.

As he puts the red dye on, a big spot drops on the floor. "Fuck!" He scrambles, looking around quickly. He grabs a kitchen towel and wipes it up quickly, cringing at the hint of red left on the white tile. "Aah no one will notice." He shrugs finishing up.

Just as he finishes blow drying his hair, he hears the door open. "Arlo?" Bella calls.

"Comin!" He calls, roughing his hair up before he leaves.

"Alice said to tell you to hold... Of... On..." her voice trails off as she sees him coming downstairs. "You did that to spite her didn't you."

He grins. "Did wha?" He winks, following her out to the car.

Edward begins to laugh. "Oh she's going to mad!"

"It's hair." Bella shrugs. "I'm not bothered."

"It's okay, I understand if you hide me in photos or just don't include me. I'm not fussed." He shrugs from the backseat. "Edward, just a suggestion mate, the speed limit is 50 round here, not 110."

"Why aren't you freaking out?" Bella huffs. "I used to tell him off."

Edward and Arlo laugh. "He's a man, darling, we enjoy dangerous fast things."

"That's why I like Leah."

"Ew! I hear enough of you and Leah, can't I have a break!?" Bella mutters, huffing.

"Now you know how it feels, love." He grins patting her shoulder. "How fu- this is your house!? None of yous even sleep!"

Edward laughs as he parks up and climbs out, Arlo and Bella following. "We like our own spaces."

Alice skips to the balcony and gasps loudly. "ARLO SWAN THAT WASN'T VERY NICE!"

"Looks good though, dunnit!" He calls, pushing his hood down. "You're just jealous coz you couldn pull it off!"

"Ugh!" She stomps her foot and storms inside.

Edward laughs. "Arlo, you've literally annoyed her more in 5 minutes than any of us have managed in a hundred years and I owe you big time for that!"

He grins and follows them inside, looking around. "Urr, hi." He salutes shyly as he sees two females he hasn't officially met yet.

"Arlo this is Edwards mom Esme. And his other sister Rosalie." Bella motions.

"Alrigh." He nods. "I sorta remember blondie from saving Leah... Thanks for that by the way." Rose jsut nods once.

"It's lovely to meet you. I like your hair." Esme says.

"NO YOU DON'T, NONE OF US ARE ALLOWED TO LIKE IT!" Alice yells from somewhere in the house.

They all laugh. "So if she's sulking with me am I off the hook? I'll just chill and nap until home time." Arlo asks.

"I'm afraid not. We have a couple of suits you can try." Esme says. "Want to follow me?"

Arlo shrugs and follows her upstairs to a bedroom, a few suits laid out. "Fancy."

"Just a few old ones we had around. Try them on, see what you like and if you don't like any that's absolutely fine." Esme smiles. "I'll just be downstairs."

Arlo salutes and watches her go, looking at the suits. Really? A suit? Ew. He sighs and slips his hoodie off, grabbing a white short first. He tries a few on, gagging as he tries a blue one on. Nope. He tries a grey one. Nope. He settles for the white shirt and some black bottoms that mostly fit, the tie hanging round his neck. That'll do, right?

The door knocks. "Arlo?" Bella calls.

"I'm decent." He calls.

She opens the door and leans in the doorway. "Oh wow, smart." She says.

He shrugs. "I'm not much of a suit guy. And I think I might throw up if I have to wear anything but black." He shudders as he looks at the clothing on the bed.

Bella smiles. "It's okay, you can wear whatever you want. I'm just glad you're coming."

"Can uh can Leah come? I get it if not, I know she's the en-"

"Of course she can, idiot. Seth and Sue are invited too, as well as Billy." Bella says. "I wouldn't expect you to come alone anyways."

Arlo grins. "Cheers sis."

"You got it dude. What about one of the jackets?" She holds up a black blazer.

"I've got something in mind at home to use instead, hope that's okay." He shrugs.

"Fine by me. Wanna grab some pizza on the way home?"

"Stupid question."

-

"Arlo, Leah, hurry up!" Charlie calls up the stairs.

Arlo shrugs his jacket on and looks to his girlfriend, laughing at her attempt to zip her dress up. "Come ere." He reaches over and zips it for her as she blushes.

"Thank you... I'm so nervous." She admits. She's wearing a one shoulder pale pink dress, her short hair straightened.

Arlo kisses her shoulder. "Don't be. Billy will be happy to see you, whatever bloodsuckers are there will be too busy kissing the Cullen's assess. And Seth will be there too."

She sighs and smiles, kissing him. "I love you."

"Love you more. Come on." He smiles and takes her hand, pulling her downstairs.

Charlie looks up, dressed smartly in a tux, and smiles. "Wow, look at you two! Scrub up well."

"I'm fucking gorgeous, course I do." Arlo winks. "And with this one by my side I'm gonna look better than Bella."

"You shouldn't upstage the bride." Leah rolls her eyes. "Come on." She pulls him outside.

They climb in the cruiser, Leah in the back, and Charlie drives them to the Cullen house. Charlie whistles as he sees it all decorated. "Jesus... This is their house?" He mutters, parking up. "Okay, I have to go find Renee and your sister. Don't cause trouble Arlo."

"He's on a tight leash." Leah promises as they watch Charlie leave.

Arlo smirks. "Let's find the cake, I'm hungry."

Leah slaps his arm. "Behave."

He laughs and they walk around a bit to look at the decorations. "Bit over the top if you ask me." He mutters.

"Arlo! You look very dashing." Esme says.

Arlo turns and smiles politely. "Thank you, Esme, you look very beautiful."

"You must be Leah, I'm Esme." She holds her hand out.

Leah forces a smile and shakes it one, pulling her hand back. "Pleasure."

"You guys will be sat this side with us, second row." Esme motions to the fancy benches.

"Thank you." Arlo smiles, watching her go. He looks at Leah. "What was that about?"

"She stinks, I'm sorry. It's like I've put my nose right up against a bottle of bleach." Leah mutters, wrinkling her nose. "I'll behave, I'm sorry."

"Yeah you will, or I'll make you."

"Oh you will? Who said its your turn to take control?" She raises an eyebrow.

He smirks. "I always get my way."

"Liar." She smiles and kisses him.

It's a little later, just after the ceremony, that Bella comes over. "Hey handsome, thank you for coming." She says.

Arlo smiles and hugs her. "Congratulations. You look beautiful."

Bella smiles and leans against Edward. "Where's Leah? I was hoping to get a picture of us four."

"She's just helping Billy to his table." He says. "I'm allowed in pictures?"

"Of course you are." Edward laughs. "Alice is just the queen of being dramatic. I still owe you by the way."

"Yeah, I won't forget." Arlo smiles, feeling Leah take his hand. "Talk of the devil."

"Hi. Congratulations, you guys. It really is a beautiful day." Leah smiles. "What's up?"

"I'd like a picture of us." Bella says. "I've never had a picture of me and my brother so I definitely want one while he looks presentable and not half asleep."

"It's alright, I Napped through the vows." Arlo teases.

"I thought I heard snoring." Edward jokes.

Bella grabs his hand and waves the photographer over, wrapping an arm around Arlo. He slips his arm around her shoulders and smiles, blinking after. "Jesus that flash."

"Leah, Edward." Bella says.

Leah steps beside Arlo and he wraps his other arm around her as Edward goes beside Bella, his arm around her waist. They all smile and separate a moment later. "Promise me a dance?" Bella asks as shes pulled away.

"If I'm drunk enough." He calls.

Leah smiles. "This is weird... I didn't think your sister approved of us." She says as she hugs him.

"Maybe she does. Or she's just really happy. Oh well." He kisses her head.

"Do I get a dance?" Leah asks sweetly.

Arlo pulls a face. "Mmm maybe. Hang on." He says, his phone disturbing him. He wanders off to a quiet part of the trees answering.

Leah watches and looks around as he talks to someone. Sue wanders over. "Hey stranger. Feels like I never see you anymore."

Leah smiles and hugs her mom. "You saw me yesterday, liar."

"You live with me, I should see you everyday." She says.

Leah giggles and looks up as Arlo comes over frowning. "Scuse me." Leah steps away from her mom. "Babe?"

Arlo clears his throat. "Huh?" He looks up.

"Everything okay?" She asks.

Arlo smiles small. "Yeah, fine. It can wait."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.3K 849 23
A another pack story 🎉🎉 since my three current pack story's are proving popular. I've decided to do another one 🥺💜 I only own Maddie and Camile S...
22.8K 559 11
As Bella was moving to Forks to live with her father Charlie she thought he had been alone all this time but that was not the case. {Heavy editing}
438K 13.5K 22
Carlisle has been searching for a mate his whole life, but thus far has not succeeded. With his family all mated and settling, he struggles to be aro...
15.7K 353 19
Life is normal for Harper Black until her dad's best friend's youngest daughter, Bella Swan, comes back into town. (_-_-_-_-_...