Losing Love

By zami005

*Some scenes include physical abuse* Hope Ficci is a 19 year old girl from New York. One night away with her... More

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
Sequel

13

5.3K 139 188
By zami005

Dominic's POV:

"... I love you more than I ever imagine I could possibly love a person apart from my self"

Cheryl, along with the rest of the crowd chuckle.

"Since the day I met you, I knew you were different. You've changed me for the better. I thought I had it all, until I met you and realised the massive hole I had ignored. You filled it with your love, humour, and affection. You complete me. You make me the happiest man in the world. And you give me a reason to continue breathing each day."

He looks up at Cheryl's face with pure love and adoration as she wipes the tears bursting through her eyes.

Cole releases a nervous chuckle before continuing. His eyes glued to the woman he loved more than life itself.

"I only have one goal in life. To start a family with you and grow old with you by my side. Nothing would make me happier then to spend the rest of my life with you." He looks down at the ring box and realises that it's been closed the whole time.

Everyone laughs quietly as Cole quickly opens the box to reveal a large, shining diamond ring. He smiles wide as he watched Cheryl's face light up, her eyes never leave Cole's face. Not for a second.

"Yes" she blurts out.

Cole laughs before continuing "Cheryl Madison DuPo-"

"YES" she repeats louder, not letting him continue.

"Can I at least finish?" Cole jokingly questions.

"You don't need to, I already know my answer" Cheryl says softly, placing her hand on Coles shoulder. 

"At least let me ask, for me?" He pouts.

Cheryl just laughs before she nods, tears still running down her face.

"Cheryl Madison DuPont, will you make me happier than the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

Cheryl, now unable to form a sentence, nods her head and lifts Cole up by the arms to kiss him.

He places the ring on her finger as the whole room begins clapping. They quiet down and people begin to crowd around to congratulate the newly engaged couple.

I walk up to Cole and give him a hug.

"Did I look dumb?" he asks me in a whisper. I chuckle "yeah, like a total pussy whipped dumbass" he smiles nervously. I look into his eyes, "I'm happy for you" I say with nothing but honestly.

Cole smiles wider then I've ever seen him and hugs me again. He opens his mouth to say something before a loud bang silences the room. The people chat amongst themselves in low, hushed voices. But I knew exactly what it was.

A gunshot.

It came from the balcony.

I search the room in a panic looking for that specific person and run out to the balcony, grabbing my gun from my waistband. Standing before me is a sight I prayed I would never see from the day I met her.

Hope is laying on the ground covered in blood, cuts and bruises. She's sobbing hysterically and struggling to breath. Above her stood a man, he had a leg on either side of her and was pointing a gun straight at her head.

Hope's face is turned to her left as she focuses on the ground.

Without a second thought, I aim and shoot the man right in the heart, not knowing who he is.

The man falls to his side and on to the ground. Hope, with her eyes now open, lifts herself up. She's clearly in an unimaginable amount of pain as she shut her eyes tight and leans over the mans body.

She releases loud sobs of sadness and grief. I walk closer to the man and recognise him instantly.

I shot Ryder.

I hear a loud, deep scream and turn behind me to see Kyle on his knees with his hands in his hair.

He's releasing painful sobs and I notice my men push the people out from the balcony and back into the club.

Surrounding a shocked, heartbroken Kyle was... Nora?

I choose not to question it and I run to Hope who is still violently crying over Ryder's dead body. She's clearly out of breath and tired.

I bend down and wrap my arms around her, holding her tight as she continues to cry. With one last violent scream, her body loosens and she falls into my arms. I examine her wounds and lift her in my arms.

I carry her to my car, bridal style, and drive her to my house as fast as I possibly can. I'm most likely breaking every safety law in the book but that's the last thing I'm worried about. On my way there, I call my personal doctor to inform her of Hope's condition and she rushes to my house to get there before me.

Kyle's POV:

I rush out as I hear the second gunshot, I burst through the balcony doors and see Dominic standing in front of me, slowly lowering a gun. I look behind him and I see my little sister loudly sobbing over someone's dead body.

I step forward to get a better view of who it is but my focus is drawn on to Hope. She's covered in purple-ing bruises and cuts, blood gushing through them. I can't find a single spot on her body that hasn't been harmed.

My blood boils as I look at the man who did this.

Ryder?

Oh

Ryder.

I feel my heartbreak as I fall to the floor, memories of the man I once called my best friend crowd my mind.

The times we would sneak off to New York. The mischief we caused in school. All the times we would get drunk and do stupid shit. The time I found out he was dating Hope and beat the crap out of him.

Every memory I shared with him flew through my mind as I wept out in grief of my best friend.

But he wasn't that guy anymore.

The guy who came back from the 'dead' was not my best friend.

The guy that came back was aggressive, manipulative, hateful, sneaky. And definitely not someone who I would trust with my sisters heart.

I held no remorse nor grief for the man who died today.

There were so many times I wanted to tell her to stay away, but they used to be so in love and I was afraid she would chose him over me.

I felt a pair of frail arms around me and looked up. It wasn't who I expected. Nora had her arms around me and was holding me tight. I wept into her as she repetitively whispered supportive things to me, her voice breaking throughout them.

I waited and watched to make sure Dominic took my sister to get treated before I stood up with Nora's help.

"Pass me your keys, I'll drive you home." Nora suggested, more like ordered, in a soft tone.

I put my keys in her hand and walked sorrowfully to my car.

The car ride back to my apartment was silent.

I couldn't say anything, I couldn't take my mind off of Ryder and the things we used to do together. Back in the days when he was my best friend.

He was more than my best friend. He was my brother.

I remember when he went missing and we all thought he was dead. I went insane. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't do anything. Hope wasn't any better. I felt like I had lost a piece of my heart with Ryder.

I didn't feel like that this time. He was really dead but I didn't feel the same. My best friend died 2 years ago. This man was just a monster wearing my brother's face. It still hurt though.

Nora didn't need to say anything. I just needed her to be here. Her presence is enough.

The first time Ryder died, Nora was there for both me and Hope. She tried her best to make sure we were okay.

I know that she would be with Hope right now, but we both know Hope has someone else this time.

Hope can be really fucking dumb sometimes, but she has to be delusional to think that her and Dominic don't have something.

I could tell from the second Dominic saw Hope in the VIP Lounge of the club, he cares about her like no one else ever has. I'm not even mad about it. They both deserve to be happy and if they make each other happy then I'm definitely not going to stand in the way.

I trust Dom with my baby sister. I know he truly cares about her.

And as much as she may deny it, I know that she cares about him more than she lets on.

Nora pulls up to my apartment building and we step out of the car. We both silently walk into the apartment and Nora hands me a glass of water.

I drink half of it before images of Hope and her battered body come across my mind. My blood boils and my hand grips the glass tightly.

"HE FUCKING BEAT HER" I lose all my temper and the glass shatters in my hand, cutting my skin and making blood drip down to the floor.

Nora looks up at me before walking over to the cupboard with the first aid kit. I sit on the kitchen table as she hesitantly walks over to me and opens it. She cleans my hand with alcohol and wraps my hand up gently but perfectly.

My eyes refuse to leave her concentrated face.

She breathes out, satisfied with her work and slowly lifts her head. Her hazel eyes meet my dark blue eyes with intensity. Neither of us dare to look away.

I can't stop myself and I cup her face in my hand and lean down.

My lips clash against hers as I jump down from the counter and lift her up.

Our mouths open and we fight for dominance before she gives in.

I lift her up by her thighs and she wrap her legs around my waist as I carry her to my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Leal By Emilia

General Fiction

16K 948 29
Chiara Daveys. Chiara is 17 years old living alone in England, supported by her group of friends after the passing of her mother. What she's unaware...
2.2M 57K 60
Daisy Brooks never had an easy life. The tragic death of her mother shattered her world and left behind a huge void. Her alcoholic father filled her...
27.1M 605K 35
Dominic Romanov, a mafia boss who spends the night with a beautiful woman who leaves him wanting more than what he bargained for. 𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳...
615K 12.8K 39
18+ mafia romance She is a daughter of the American Gang leader, a girl that can seduce and kill. But her secrets are bigger than anyone can imagine...