Garden | j. green

Bởi humansunflower

in which it was first all a bet to him or in which she learns vulnerability Xem Thêm

GARDEN
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
054
055
056
EPILOGUE
authors note

053

3.8K 220 37
Bởi humansunflower

march 3rd, 2020
2:57 pm

"UGH, DONE." Noelani said as she clicked submit and then shut the laptop.

"Done with what?" Nimari asked, his voice slightly muffled over the FaceTime call.

The house, for once, was empty.

Kai had taken Anela to work.

Kelani, Nalani and Hanale were at their respective schools while Noelani opted for online school instead transferring again.

"Guess who just finally registered to be a college freshman?" Noelani grinned as she adjusted the phone against the salt and pepper shakers on the kitchen table.

"Congrats! University of Hawaii right?" Nimari had a playstation controller in his hands and he was lounged on his bed.

"No, actually. Uh, UCLA accepted me for some reason." Noelani shook her head in disbelief.

The acceptance letter had been forwarded by her father the week prior and Noelani had been too wrapped up in Jalen and Alex drama.

"Are you sure you wanna come back here? After what he said about your dad?" Nimari glanced at his phone screen.

"I really liked L.A when I saw it. If I see him, I see him. I can't be worried about him and his feelings when he's not worried about me and my feelings." Noelani said.

An interrupting phone call from Jordan Pope came onto her screen, making Noelani raise a brow in confusion.

"Uh, let me call you back. Jordan's calling me." Nimari nodded at her words and Noelani hit accept and then pressed the phone to her ear.

"Noel! Thank God, you answered!"

Noelani sighed, "Jordan, what-.

Jordan said something so fast that Noelani couldn't make any words out but the worried tone was clear.

"Jordan, Jordan! Slow down! I can't understand you!"

"Something's wrong with Jalen. You need to get here. It's really bad."

Her heart dropped at his words, "What happened? What's wrong with him? Is he okay?"

"It's too difficult to explain. You need to figure out a way to get back here before it's too late. He's hurt really bad. Like we don't know if he's gonna make it through the week, bad." Jordan said.

"Uh-uh-uh. Okay, y-yeah. I'll figure out a way. Keep me updated." Noelani stammered then stood to fast walk to her room to begin packing a small overnight bag.

"Dad," Noelani said when he picked up, "Can I come visit you this week?"

"Uh, sure. I can get you a flight tomorr-." Alejandro said, clearly surprised.

"No, it needs to be tonight. I need it to be tonight." Noelani insisted as she stuffed random articles of clothing into her duffle bag.

"May I ask why?"

"No."

"Noel..."

"Look," She snapped, "Remember when you said that you would do whatever I need to be happy?"

"Yes..." Alejandro trailed off.

"Well, I need to be in Napa tonight to be happy. I can't explain why, I just need you to do this. Please, just please don't ask questions."

Alejandro was quiet for almost a minute, "There's a flight that leaves in two hours and some change. Tell your mother. Go to the airport now so that you can make it."

"Thanks, dad. I love you." Noelani could tell that Alejandro was as surprised as she was with her statement.

She couldn't remember the last time that she had said those words to her father.

"I-I love you too. See you when you get here." Then he hung up.

Noelani zipped up the duffle bag and slung it over her shoulder as she slyly made her way to the front door where the car keys were placed on a wall hook adjacent.

Noelani glanced behind her, then ruthlessly snatched her mother's car keys off of the wall.

She'll understand.

Hopefully.

Noelani got into the car and began to drive away, her heart racing from all the possible injuries and ailments that could be befalling her ex boyfriend at this moment.

The drive was relatively easy, with little traffic and soon Noelani was basically running through the airport, sick with worry at this point.

Her phone rang again and Noelani took her phone out of her hoodie pocket.

"Noelani Tatiana Morales," Anela said in a tone full of steely anger, "Where are you? Where is my car?"

"I thought you were at work."

"I came home early so me and you could go to the Rainbow Drive In, only to find my daughter and my car gone. Where are you?"

"Um... The airport." Noelani said as she entered the correct terminal.

"The air-." Anela started to laugh which frightened Noelani just a tad, "If you don't get your ass back in this house, I swear, Noelani..."

"I can't do that, mom."

"That's funny. It sounded like you thought that was a request. Come home, now Noelani." Anela stated.

Noelani stopped at gate E7, the gate that held the flight to San Francisco.

"I'll make it up to you, mom. I promise. I gotta go, love you bye." Noelani hung the phone up then slid it back into her pocket.

Throughout the flight, Noelani gripped the armrest on her right side through the turbulence.

She hated flying especially flying alone but desperate times called for desperate measures.

After an almost five hour flight, Noelani touched down in the San Francisco International Airport, her duffle bag on her shoulder still.

When she reached her father and Erin, now five months pregnant, they were both giving her apprehensive looks.

"Um, your mother called..." Erin began in an awkward tone.

"I told you to tell her. What's going on?" Alejandro demanded.

"Dad, please stop asking questions. I need a ride to the hospital." Noelani widened her eyes after her father remained quiet.

"Fine." Alejandro shook his head.

Alejandro led both Erin and Noelani to his familiar silver gray truck.

Noelani slid into the backseat, and bounced her right leg with anxiety.

It was completely dark now, due to the sun having went down.

Not even the stars were out, which wasn't helping Noelani's mood.

Once the truck had stopped in front of the hospital entrance, Noelani hopped out and jogged inside without another word.

She strolled up to the desk, "Jalen Green?"

"Third floor," The receptionist responded.

Noelani took the stairs, too amped up to wait by the elevator.

On the third floor sitting in the waiting area was Frank, Jackson, Coleman, Nimari, Jordan, Sydney, Jasmine and Jalen's parents.

Upon seeing Noelani, Coleman stood up to meet her with a hug, "What are you doing here?"

"Jordan called. Apparently whatever is wrong is really bad." Noelani said lowly.

Just then Frank turned his head and spotted her, "It's Noel!"

Suddenly, Noelani was wrapped in a group hug, but the love and the affection would have to wait.

"What room is he in? Can I see him?" Noelani asked when her friends released her.

"It's only one at a time and Camila's in there right now." Jackson said.

Jordan immediately elbowed Jackson, making the boy let out a grunt of pain while Noelani gave a fake smile at the sound of another's girl's name.

Knowing another girl was in there with him right now hurt more than Noelani was going to show.

"Okay, uh. I'll wait." Noelani muttered as she took a seat to the right of Nimari and rested her head on his shoulder, throughly exhausted.

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

40.2K 906 48
You fell in love with the star hooper but so did he. You gonna risk your future or is he gonna risk his? They cant do both and still be with each o...
351K 5.4K 61
𝐀 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐭 𝐍𝐁𝐀 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬.
37.7K 803 28
Y/n + WNBA/NCAAWB one shots/mini stories
257K 4.7K 18
in which she could've sworn that he wanted her friend first or in which an affair was bound to happen