Losing Love

By zami005

*Some scenes include physical abuse* Hope Ficci is a 19 year old girl from New York. One night away with her... More

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
Sequel

11

5.4K 135 59
By zami005

Hope's POV:

As I open the chats with myself from Dominic's phone, I notice the last text I sent him. It was last night, just a few minutes before I found Dominic.

Meet me by the ally outside.
-H

But I didn't send the text. I didn't even have my phone. But... Ryder. He had my phone, he was the only person I can think of right now. But maybe it was just a misunderstanding, maybe he didn't do it, maybe he just wanted something else. Maybe I sent the text and forgot about it... no, I didn't. That's impossible.

But, he wouldn't do that. Right?

As much as I truly want to believe that Ryder had taken no part in this, that it wasn't his idea, that he wasn't the one to commit such a horrid act, I can't deny that being 'dead' hasn't changed in. I know for a fact, that Ryder wouldn't have even thought of doing this two years ago. But now, I'm not too sure.

"Hey, you okay?" Dominic asks me in a soft whisper, he lifts his hand up to my cheek and brushes a strand of hair from out of my face and tucks it behind my ear. I lift my head to look at him and nod. I can feel my tears of anger, my tears of betrayal, threatening to escape out of my eyes but I force them back. I hate crying in front of people, I refuse to cry in front of people.

Honestly, I don't even have a reason to cry, I'm not sure about anything as of now. Today is Dominic's day, it should be about him and his recovery. Nothing else matters at the moment.

Not being able to hold the tears back anymore but being more than certain that I did not want Dominic to see me cry, I abruptly stand up and toss his phone onto the bed. It lands on his lap and he grabs hold of it, placing it on his bedside table as I begin running out of the door and into the hallways. I ignore his voice repeatedly calling my name and run out of the house through the main door.

I notice the limousine still parked outside, since the back is coated with Dominic's blood, I sit in the passenger seat. "Take me to Kyle's apartment please" I ask Marcel while wiping the tears from my cheek.

"Are you okay?" He asks me while starting the car, I nod. Unable to make out the right words. "Is Dominic okay?" He questions, his face turning pale as he pictures Dominic's dead body. "Yes, yes. God, yes. He's fine" I answer, not wanting Marcel to believe Dominic's lack of health any longer.

I don't want to be around anyone at the moment, which is why I choose to go to Kyle's empty apartment and not the penthouse filled with friends from school, and Nora.

Once I open the door, as expected, the house is empty. Kyle, Carter, Cole, and obviously Dominic are at Dominic's house right now so it comes as no surprise.

I wander over to my room and kick off my heels. They lay helplessly on the ground, my right one fallen to the side by the door and my left one fallen to the other side by the closet.

I pull the straps of the blood dyed dress over my shoulders and watch as it drops to the floor. With my head held low, I walk into the shower and rinse off Dominic's blood. Hoping to come up with a plan.

I could tell Kyle, but then Kyle would react without thinking, as he always does. Actually, Kyle would probably break a glass, and then break Ryder's neck. Ryder may have been Kyle's best friend two years ago from school, but he and Dominic clearly have a bond nobody can break.

I mentally scratch that off my list.

Not a single soul apart from Ryder and I knows that he had my phone. Oh god, what if Dominic actually believes that I set him up? No, I don't think so. He wouldn't have been so kind to me earlier today if that were the case. But what possible reason could Ryder have had to do this?

Stepping out of the shower and onto the marble floor, the water drips down my leg created a puddle by my foot. I slip on the liquid and almost collide with the floor when I reach for my towel, thankfully, I gripped hold of the sink. In desperate need of fresh air, I change into a pair of blue ripped skinny jeans and a white hoodie that I found in Kyle's room, along with black old skool vans and lock the apartment's front door.

It must've been hours that I have just been strolling around in circles, grabbing a coffee and some food with the money I found in the front pocket of Kyle's hoodie. I wouldn't know exactly how long I've been out since my dumbass doesn't own a watch, and Ryder is still in control of my phone. I wonder what everyone else is up to right now, if they've realised what happened.

As I walk back into the apartment through it's big, white front door, my all-nighter begins to hit me. I check the clock and finally am able to read the time. It's only 11 in the morning, so I toss the apartment keys into the blue glass bowl on the marble kitchen table and head back to my room. I fall onto the plush bed, not bothering to change or to even take my shoes off and I fall into a deep sleep.

I wake up with a racing heart and tears pouring from my eyes. I pull the sleeves of the white hoodie over my hands and wipe over my tear stained cheeks, collecting the salty liquid in the cotton material. I only remember one thing from my sleep and it was Dominic's glossy green eyes staring into my soul. This time, he wasn't so fortunate.

Heat builds up inside me as I think of Ryder. The fact that I don't know if he did it or not frustrates me most. I don't even know if I'm able to trust him or not. And if he wasn't the one who did it, then where is he? Why hasn't he come to see me?

I stand up and realise that my shoes are off and placed neatly against the wall. ear the door, I'm more than certain that when I fell asleep then I was t wearing them. Which means somebody must have been in here. I shrug it off, imagining that it's just Kyle, and walk towards the light switch.

Once I switch the flip and the light flickers on, something resting on my bed catches my eye.

Laying on the bed is probably the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. It's covered with glitter and its gold. It's loose at the front so the material hangs from my boobs and drapes over my body. A gold chain wraps around my neck and falls on my chest like a necklace. On top of it lays a note written in cursive and black ink.

You looked beautiful last night but I can't wait to see you in this.
It's still your birthday.
Be ready by 8.

The note wasn't signed by anyone so I just assumed it was from Ryder. I hop into the shower again and begin to get ready.

It's nearly 8 and I'm ready. I'm wearing a full face of makeup with red lipstick, and the gorgeous dress which I paired with black stilettos and a black bag. I make sure to bring my own bag with me this time.

I walk out of my room and notice another note laying on the kitchen table with the same cursive handwriting, and the same thick black ink.

The driver is waiting for you outside.
He knows where to go.

Once again, the notice isn't signed.

Letting out a deep rooted sigh, I can't help but feel a slight bit of guilt through my excitement. I should be with Dominic right now, he needs me. I shouldn't be out celebrating my birthday with god knows who, probably the same man who almost killed him.

I step outside, trying my hardest not to trip over my heels and I walk down to the driver.

Once I reach the car, the driver opens the door for me and I step inside, taking a seat at the edge. The driver walks around the the front of the car and takes a seat in the drivers seat. He begins the car and drives without saying a single word.

Before I know it, the car is stopped outside one of the best nightclubs in all of New York City. This is where I originally planned to go for my birthday but someone had booked the VIP lounge for that night. I smile widely while cautiously stepping out of the car and head inside.

I look around the crowd for anyone I might know. I still have no idea who put the letter out for me.

No luck.

I look up towards the VIP lounge and sure enough, Cole and Cheryl are making out on the balcony, gripping the gold railings of it. I begin to rush up the stairs, "hey birthday girl!" Cheryl yells excitedly, breaking her one on one with Cole. I wave back at her before Cole pulls her back and they are back in default mode. Once I'm through the glass doors, I look around and recognise a stream of people, including Kyle, Carter, Nora, and... Dominic?

I rush over, pushing through the crowd, which consisted of a few friends from school, Matt, and some of Kyle's friends that I've only met a handful of times.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" everyone screams, making me jump, as glitter confetti bursts through the air vents and falls down like drizzling diamond rain. The lights turn off and music begins to blast through the speakers. I wipe a fake smile across my face for everyone's cameras and blow out the twenty candles from the black and gold cake.

With the music still blasting and the lights still on, I storm up to Dominic and grab him by the arm. I notice him wince and I instantly let go, flashing him an apologetic smile.

I gesture for him to follow me and he does so. We walk out to the large outdoor balcony and march all the way to the end of it.

It's like a whole outdoor floor.

"I see you got my letters" he grins. "Didn't you almost die last night?" I question him honestly. "Yeah" he answers, like it's that simple.

I give him a 'shut-the-fuck-up' look as I proceed to ask, "why are you here? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad that you are, but shouldn't you be at home?"

"It's your birthday" he replies with a huge smirk plastered across his face, as if that was the answer to all my questions. I roll my eyes and give him a light hug, making sure I don't hurt him again.

He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer and holding me tight. "I'm okay now, don't worry. You don't have to handle me like I'm a broken toy. I've been through much worst." He whispers in my ears, sending a shiver down my spine and awakening the butterflies in my stomach. The butterflies that I thought had died a long, long time ago.

With his words, I hug him even tighter and breathe in his scent. It's so different from Ryder's. Dominic smells like a mixture of an outrageously expensive cologne, the sea and mint. Three things I love.

Dominic doesn't carry the rotten cigarette or overly pungent cologne smell like Ryder does. I wish this moment could last forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.7K 2K 30
"Now I know why they call you the devil" "I told you I was anything but good Angel" - Two people that could have lost their lives find each other. An...
Leal By Emilia

General Fiction

13.5K 845 26
Chiara Daveys. Chiara is 17 years old living alone in England, supported by her group of friends after the passing of her mother. What she's unaware...
1.1M 26.1K 25
Elena Russo has never lived a normal life like most. To her normal was having a constant bodyguard and not being able to indulge much on life at home...
48.9K 767 41
Daughter of the most powerful mafia boss in the entire world . Amaya is known as 'Daddy's Killer ' . From the age of 15 , Amaya takes over the job of...