Letters to Inmate 29901

By misslibbyj

[This story is now FREE!] Lillie's letters are Dimitri's lifeline in prison, but when he gets out and his vio... More

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Life After Lockup! Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
In Love with a Criminal! Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92 - Epilogue
Author's Note!

Chapter 14

36.3K 1.4K 469
By misslibbyj

CHAPTER 14

Lillie

Soft music from Ariana Grande filtered through the kitchen from my phone that I placed on the counter. I was slicing some mushrooms and making some homemade pasta while humming my favorite song. I gave a quick twirl, my summer yellow apron swirling and my curly hair licking me in the face. This was my element. I might be insecure about my looks or dating, but here, I flourished.

My phone rang, jerking me out of my zone. I picked it up. Holding it between my right shoulder and ear as I continued kneading the dough.

"Hello?"

"Hey sweetie. How's my favorite daughter doing these days?" my mother squealed.

It pleasantly surprised me to hear from her. I missed my mother. She stayed in another state not that far from my town, but we hardly got to see each other. Her being a nurse and all made it slightly difficult.

"Did you forget about your poor mother? I don't hear from you anymore?" she continued. Determined to give me the guilt trip that succeeded in. I felt guilty.

My dear mother was nothing but a perfectionist. I have to say thanks to her for my drive when it came to the violin. She was a no nonsense, opinionated woman who cared about what people thought about her.

After dad died, she seemed more focused on my life. Especially the love aspect of it. It mortified her what had happened between Mason and I. she practically worshipped the man, and couldn't bring to understand why he did what he did.

I don't know, mum. Let's see, he just wasn't feeling my vibe anymore. That's a question I ask myself multiple times.

"Sorry Mum. Been busy at school and these assessments are getting a lot lately, and not to mention the concert that's coming up. They included our quartet on the program for the evening, remember..." trying to make some plausible excuse.

My mum accepted it, though. Thankfully. She can be a whiner. We caught up briefly, and I promised her to have a proper catch up session. I needed to make more of an effort.

"Promise?" she said. I could practically hear her pouting over the phone.

"Cross my heart and hope to die." I replied.

"Don't forget to stick a needle in your eye, honey. Alrighty then. Bye-bye." She hung up laughing.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, placing down the phone.

I texted Sassi a reminder for dinner tonight. Be here at 7pm. We're having fettuccine Alfredo. I sent with a smile emoji.

She instantly replied. "Yum. Bringing wine." This time with two glasses clinking emoji. I cheekily smiled. I couldn't wait to tell Sassi about my pen pal inmate.

  ***

"Hmmm. That was so delicious." Sassi hummed sitting back in her chair, patting her stomach. "Girl, you can cook."

"Oh, it was just Alfredo. Nothing special." I was bashful about taking in people's compliments. I don't know why I did that. I'm too modest for my own damn good!

After two bottles of wine. We discussed our pen pal letters with our inmates.

"Mine's in Virginia" she said. "he's slightly... how can I say... into light BDSM." she continued with a side smirk. I gaped at her, pouring the wine mid-way in my glass.

"You talk to him about these things?" I asked, placing my hand over my mouth. Clearly, I was being a bit dramatic. But I blamed it on the tipsy feeling in my head.

"Sex Lil. It's called SEX!" Sassi shouted. Knowingly full well, I get uncomfortable with that word.

"Yeah, we do sometimes. I mean, it can get boring just talking about 'how your day is going' like you do. That's lame. These guys wanna sext most of the time." She said, flipping her blonde hair to the side. I knew Sassi was a flirt, so I shouldn't actually be this surprised. 

I thought about Dimitri. Did he expect that from me, too?

"Nah ah, I'm keeping it straight PG. Thank you very much." I retorted, taking another swig of wine, holding the glass with both hands. Sassi looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"You wouldn't even know how," she said teasingly. 

I huffed and shrugged.

"Whatever. I'm totally fine with it. At least I'm not a slut like you." I remembered her ditching me that one night for a guy.

"Ouch!" she said, crossing over the table and playfully slapping me on my shoulder. We were having so much fun and I the wine was going down smoothly too. A bit too smoothly.

"Hey, why don't you try some perfume the next time you write to your inmate," she said, moving closer as if it was a top secret she was letting me in on.

"He has a name, you know. Dimitri. And what do you mean? "I asked moving closer, intrigued.

"Spray a little of your best perfume on your letters from now on. It will drive them crazy." She said with a knowing smile. I left it there, letting her words sink in with all this wine.

We were having a frisky debate on the matter when my phone beeped. Sassi was still defending herself when I stopped talking. I checked my phone and saw a message from an unknown number. I opened the message.

Hey Miss Clarke, have you decided about dinner yet? Clock is ticking. Looking forward to hearing your response. Arthur.

I gasped, staring at the screen.

Somehow, I placed Arthur's dinner date at the back of my mind. Thinking he might have forgotten about it or the moment we had three days ago somewhat happened in my imagination.

How the hell did he get my number, anyway?

My mind went into overdrive. Feeling of nervousness and excitement tangled within my stomach, causing butterflies that flew to my head, making my mind dizzy. The wine was in its full effect now and making these feelings on a hundred.

A thrilling tingle invaded my skin.

Sassi must have noticed my fluster. I didn't hear her speak or get up.

"Who's that?!... Dinner yet?... Who's Arthur?!" Sassi was over my shoulder, reading my message.

I abruptly hid my phone against my chest. "Gosh! Can't a girl have privacy?" I teased.

"Whose Arthur?" she said, beaming with glee.

"Remember, I mentioned him a few times. The guy that plays the cello from my quartet?" I answered.

Sassi looked surprised, carrying the widest grin on her face. "Oh yeah, the hottie blonde you into. Didn't you say he doesn't speak to you, though?" she said, raising a brow.

I narrowed my eyes. "Well, apparently he does now." I said smugly.

"I'm impressed. I'm glad you are getting out there and dating guys again. Hot guys you're interested in, mind you. I feel like a proud mama." She said brightly next to me.

I shrugged. "I didn't say I was going with him to dinner yet."

In one swift motion, Sassi grabbed the phone out of my hand and started typing as she dashed away from me to the living room. In a flash, I raced to her, trying to win my phone back. We both fought for it, my arms stretched out while she blocked it, typing WHAT EVER the HELL she was typing still.

My heart sank. "SASSI DON'T!" I pleaded.

"Done." She said, simply handing back my phone.

I dreaded to look down at it. My eyes popped open when I did.

Of course, we can have dinner. How about next weekend at 7pm? At Le Rouge?

She texted him. I couldn't believe it. My mouth was agape. I turned around to see her smugly drinking her wine.

"You'll thank me later Lil." She said, taking a gulp. I couldn't react. I was completely in shock.

My phone beeped.

Sassi ran to me.

"Oooooh, he replied." Sassi sang out. Our eyes were both glued to the phone screen.

Next weekend is a date.

***

I woke up groggy, with my mouth dry and a collossal headache. Disoriented, I remembered it was Saturday. Thank goodness. I couldn't remember how I got to my room. Grabbing my head, I looked at my alarm clock. It was already 10am. I reminded myself to not go past 2am in the morning with Sassi. I hated sleeping this late.

After I showered, I tossed on a checkered shirt and faded jeans. I headed to the kitchen. I grounded some fresh coffee. Hoping it will ease my pounding head. I remembered my conversation with Sassi last night, and her little involvement with Arthur's message. I shook my head. It still hadn't sunk in I have a date with Arthur next weekend. It was too early to feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach. So I was determined to take mind off it.

I thought about Dimitri instead. I inhaled my steaming hot coffee, breathing it for a second. Sat down at my desk and wrote my letter to him. I took Sassi's advice and sprayed a little of my favorite, Chanel No. 5 on it. I don't know why, but I felt naughty doing it.

A couple of months ago, who would have thought I would go out to dinner with a guy I fancied and slowly becoming acquainted with a prisoner at the same time. A small smile crept over my face.

I couldn't wait for Dimitri to smell it. Secretly wondering what his thoughts would be.

Is it true what Sassi said?

Would it drive him crazy?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 121 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
134K 6K 29
When Harlow accidentally takes the wrong bag at school she discovers a journal written by a mysterious, tortured boy inside. She becomes obsessed wit...
25.7K 815 32
COMPLETE✔️ "I'm wondering how many years you still have to be here. You've already been here quite a while Gather. Such a shame for a pretty girl lik...
132K 3.2K 21
Bella Montgomery had grown used to working alongside What one might call, a "different" variety of people. Although her friends and family found her...