memories remain ── shokugeki...

By saraccha

▬▬▬ ▬▬ ❝ 𝗠𝗘𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗥𝗘𝗠𝗔𝗜𝗡 ˚ . ✦ ➤ 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗐𝗁𝗈 𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝖽𝖾𝖾𝗉 𝗌𝗅�... More

➤ Exordium
➤ zero . . .
➤ one . . .
➤ two . . .
➤ three . . .
➤ four . . .
➤ five . . .
➤ six . . .
➤ seven . . .
➤ eight . . .
➤ nine . . .
➤ ten . . .
➤ eleven . . .
< special episode >
➤ twelve . . .
➤ thirteen . . .
➤ fourteen . . .
➤ fifteen . . .
➤ sixteen . . .
➤ seventeen . . .
➤ eighteen . . .
➤ nineteen . . .
➤ twenty . . .
➤ twenty - one . . .
➤ twenty - two . . .
➤ twenty - three . . .
➤ twenty - four . . .
➤ twenty - six . . .
➤ twenty - seven . . .
➤ twenty - eight . . .
➤ twenty - nine . . .
➤ thirty . . .
➤ thirty - one . . .

➤ twenty - five . . .

1.7K 116 48
By saraccha

YOU FULLY OPENED THE
DOOR...

So that you could fit in. You entered the male's room, still not being noticed by him. You walked quietly all the way to his back.

"Konnichiwa." You whispered against his ears, your hands were placed on his waist. He slightly flinch by your sudden appearance.

The male glance at you, after a few seconds, he let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, Y/N. It's just you." He mumbled, he averted his attention to what he was cooking. You let go of the back hug that you gave Ibusaki and went beside him. Your right arm was placed at the counter, your cheeks resting at the palm of your hand.

"The one and only!" You proudly exclaimed. You inhaled deeply, accidentally inhaling the smokes that haven't left the room.

"This place smells like someone decided to smoke some cigarettes. But it smells good than cigarettes." You mumbled, watching him concentrate on what he was doing.

"...." You didn't get any response or sound from him, he was just staring at the food that he was cooking.

"He looks hot- who am I kidding? He's already hot since day one." You thought to yourself, admiring the male.

"Aww, I guess I should leave you." You muttered, yet he still heard it. When you were about to leave his room, he grabbed your arms and pulled you closer to him. You were out of balance by the sudden pull, Ibusaki then wrapped his arms around your waist, preventing you from falling completely.

"Holy shit." You cursed inside your head.

"Smoking food needs patience and not really any distractions. I'm almost finish, though. So wait for me." He finally said something to you. Guilt crawled up to you, suddenly feeling bad for suddenly barging into his room without notice. 

"Are you sure? I might just distract you." You mumbled, feeling a bit guilty. 

"I'm sure." He then let go of your waist and started concentrating in front. You sat on one of the empty stools.

"I saw you. You were up all night. You should get some rest at least." You said, slightly scolding the male. 

"Why are you so layed back, Y/N?" Ibusaki asked, glancing at you for a mere second. 

"Mmm, everyone's been asking me about that." You mumbled, looking at the ceiling to find an excuse to tell him. You can't just say, oh yeah I have a system with me that lets me become a pro and so good that I don't need to do anything. Fuck no. That would be both unbelievable and embarrassing.

"I dunno actually. I guess I'm being like this because my closest friends are getting anxious at getting ready for the Autumn Selection. Of course they need some sort of strength so I guess I'm here to... encourage them..?" You were unsure by your answer to him. The male let out a soft chuckle.

"I think you're doing well on encouraging them. They look so fired up than before." Ibusaki said while still laughing. 

"Really?" You asked, making sure if it's true. You did gather up plenty of strength to just encourage them, knowing that you weren't really good with words. The male nodded his head as an answer. 

He looks back at the steak he was smoking, flipping it to the other side to let it cook more.

"They're all over the place doing whatever. I could care less about what they were doing."  Ibusaki pushes some of his fringe out of his sight but not enough for you to see his eyes. The male was always so quiet, not even showing his eyes to the others. Who knows what eye color could that be.

"Speaking of, why don't show your eyes that often? I bet they look lovely." You leaned in a bit closer, your hands supporting you on the stool so you don't fall. He turns his head to the side to look at you. When the light touched his face, a sudden glow of slate blue eye arose. He raised an eyebrow before he went back to the food, fixing his hair again. Well, that looks like an answer.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
System:

No one has seen his eyes.

Showing them to you has given
you a slight boost with the
possible relationship in
the future. 
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Your mouth hung open, surprised by what he did.

"Isn't there Google on you or anything? Like, a search engine? I need to know this man's eyes."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
System:

Sadly, no. But didn't he just flash
them to you, Y/N?
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I suck at the color wheel and theory and shit, but I know that could just be the reflection of his hair against the light."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
System:

What are you mentioning of?
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Ibusaki coughed.

"Even I'm motivated to do things because you encourage me. Hell, even Yuki is fired up for this. She's been doing so much stuff lately." He admitted, coughing again to make it seem like he said it because of the smoke.

"I'm glad.." You gave him a soft smile which he rarely sees alone. Your smile alone is contagious, making him smile also.

"You should smile like that frequently. You look like an angel." he muttered, admiring your soft features.

"My angel." He thought.

——————————

"This place is huge. Are we really going to cook here?" Yukihira thought to himself, his eyes taking in ever detail of the ever so big room. It can almost fit an entire villa if they wanted to.

"Soma-kun!" Tadokoro waved her hand to Yukihira, who side glanced.

Yukihira smiled widely at her,"Oh, Tadokoro! How was the rest of your summer?"

"It was good. I think I trained for this in my own way-"

"Megumi! Long time no see!" Yuki shouted, hugging the petite female and lifting her up making her feet not touch the ground.

"You look well." Ryoko said.

"You, too, Yukihira! How are you doing?" Yuki said, waving her hand to the red-haired male.

"Well, so-so, I guess."

"Hmm? Where's Y/N?" Ryoko asked, looking around in hopes of spotting the lazy female. Considering the fact that she was always early, there could be a possibility she's somewhere inside, Ryoko thought.

"Now that you've mentioned it, I haven't seen her since last week.." Yukihira muttered under his breathe.

"Do you think she got kidnapped because she fell asleep?" Yuki placed her hands on her hips, pressing her lips into a small line.

"Welp, looks like someone has to inherit the Kinoshita family riches, and that would be me." She joked. As they started greeting their friends, the lights suddenly went off. Scaring the living shits out of the other students. The lights on the stage where the only ones that are lit on.

"Thank you for your patience, every-!" You pulled Urara's left arm and took the mic off her hand.

"Sorry, darling. Gotta steal your spotlight for a second, or for the entire show. Who knows? No one knows~"

"Eyes on the front stage, please. I'm Y/N Kinoshita, your host for today's preliminaries~!" You said through the mic, shocking the students that stood there.

Well, you were shocked too, honestly. They called you last minute that you have works to do as a first class book-woman, so they decided to disqualify you from the Preliminaries and be the host for the mean time, before you get back to work.

"What's going on? Why is Y/N on the stage?" Murmurs filled the auditorium.

"We'll now have the opening speech by the current director of Totsuki Academy, Sanzaemon Nakiri." The current director went to the front, and took a deep, deep breathe. His throat went dry and he started coughing. The cough was very rough which made the hairs on your arm stand up.

"E-eh? Director, are you okay?" You asked, a hint of worriedness were evident to your tone.

"D-dont mind me, I just choked on something."

"When I breathe in the air here, I can feel all the energy coursing through me, body and soul." Sanzaemon exclaimed.

"This is the Hall of Heaven and Moon. Under ordinary circumstances, only the Elite Ten may use this space to challenge each other in Shokugekis."

"To show our respect to the countless victors who have won the first seat, it is tradition to display their portraits." Sanzaemon said, lighting up the some of the place to see the first seat's portraits.

"Countless unforgettable battles have been fought, and countless specialties have been born here. That is why the memory of the neverending battles fought here hang in the air like fog!" 

"Ugh, I'm already getting bored. Can't he just go straight to the point or something?" You thought to yourself, getting annoyed.

"And this is also where the main tournament for the Autumn Elections will be held."

"Why did I even agreed on being the host?"

"You will all make a new mark on history here! Let us meet here again, chefs of the 92nd class of Totsuki Academy!" At his statement, students erupted into cheers.

"Okay, we'll now explain the rules for the preliminaries." You said in a soft tone, you then glance at your side and indicated someone to give you the piece of paper where the rules are written. 

"As indicated in our written notice, the topic is curry dish." The male went to you and gave you the paper, you bowed your head slightly as a thanks and opened it.

"You have three hours. Out of sixty candidates in the preliminaries, only eight total may advance to the main tournament." You read the thing that was written, you then closed the paper.

"In other words, only four from each group." You did a four sign using your fingers.

"Only that many?!"

"They weed you out real fast." Many students were complaining about it.

"Candidates should relocate to their group's designated spaces. The Preliminaries will begin at eleven o'clock." Once you announced it, students started getting hyped leaving the huge place to go and prepare.

"I wish you all a good luck." You mumbled through the mic, letting out a soft smile as you watched them slapping themselves so that they will be fully awake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 1.3K 25
[Part One] As bright as the sun, as mysterious as the devil, as fragile as a flower. A young girl will try to write her own destiny in a school where...
143K 4K 33
You were abandoned by your family and left on the streets until Soma's dad found you. Now you live with them and cook with them. What happens when So...
25.7K 754 40
Cooking is his specialty, his passion, and his purpose. Shiro, the older sister, will always support her little brother no matter what. Sometimes Shi...
14.9K 465 16
"𝕋𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕡𝕖𝕤...𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕥𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕠." 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝗶𝘀𝗲, 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝗳𝗮𝘂...