misdirection ⤷ g. weasley

By mghstories

mis•di•rec•tion /ˌmisdəˈrekSHən/ n. the action or process of directing someone to the wrong place or in the w... More

introduction
[01] luck
[02] making a scene
[03] confrontations
[04] first of many
[05] a nice guy
[06] muggle pong
[07] sick day
[08] payback
[09] honey
[10] only a kiss
[11] change of plans
[12] the 3rd of december
[13] the beginning of different
[14] the three broomsticks
[15] tea tuesday
[16] a breakup for a makeup
[17] questions
[18] cinnamon and musk
[19] baking the tension
[20] fluent french
[21] slap and bang
[22] mistletoeless
[23] a christmas to be kids
[24] the new year
[25] amortentia
[26] trust and truthfulness
[27] two-faced
[28] lying licorice
[29] the inquisitorial squad
[30] april fools
[31] after
[32] a night alone
[33] the pranksters
[35] missed connection
[36] friends helping friends
[37] double date
[38] calm before the storm
[39] family secrets
[40] battle and betrayal
[41] sacrifices
[42] revealing the truth
[43] together
[44] at last
[45] high note
[45 ½]
author's note
WONDERING

[34] truths and dares

2.6K 99 165
By mghstories

Marlee's POV

I nervously awaited my friend's arrival as I sat on my bed, switching positions every so often. Right before, George gave me a pep talk and told me that everything was going to be fine but part of me still had its doubts. The last train came before dinner time so they had to be on their way soon.

I heard laughter outside of the door and when it opened, I saw my three beautiful friends. Fabienne had gotten a haircut up to her shoulders but other than that, they were my same friends that had been at my side for the past six years.

Their laughter died down when they saw me and I immediately stood up to begin my apology. They slowly trickled in, placing their luggages on their beds as I spoke.

"Before you say anything, I want to truly apologize for how I've been behaving this year. It wasn't right for me to lie and I haven't been fair to you guys. I shouldn't have been so secretive about things and I should have invited you guys to come along. I guess I just figured that I wouldn't want to risk word of D.A. slipping."

"But that's no excuse. I want you guys to know that you come first, always. You're way more important to me than they are and I love you guys so much. I'm not saying you have to forgive me now because I know it will take awhile for me to prove myself but I just don't want things to be awkward until then...I really am sorry."

Through my long speech, none of them had said a word or showed any expression. There was a long pause before Harlow finally said something.

"You're right, it will take some time but we forgive you and appreciate your apology. Now let's go to dinner and have fun with the boys," she clapped her hands together and the other two jumped up to leave the room, not even acknowledging anything I had just said.

Even though she had just said that they forgave me, they definitely weren't acting like it. I walked behind them on the way to dinner and even the boys were being a bit distant from me as well. I needed to do something grand to prove to them.

The boys were joking around and trying to charm a carrot to fall into Umbridge's food but I was zoned out, thinking about what I could do.

Suddenly, the group I was sitting with all clapped their hands over their mouths, lowering their heads. I turned to see mashed potato splattered all over Umbridge's pink uniform.

Umbridge stood up slowly and wiped the potato off of her face. She held her wand to her neck, making her voice boom through the Great Hall.

"Whoever threw this carrot must show themselves at once! I will not tolerate naughty children at my school. Have you all forgotten how to behave properly? Have your Muggle parents brainwashed you?" she yelled, shakily.

The whole room had gone silent including the other professors. I looked at my friends who had thrown the carrot. They all kept their heads down, looking guilty. None of them had gotten detention with Umbridge this year and I would never wish that pain upon them so I slowly stood up from my seat.

"It was me," I announced and every head in the Great Hall turned to look at me.

"Marlee, what are you doing? Sit down!" Ceaser whispered.

Umbridge tilted her head and smiled. "I should have expected nothing more from you...my office now," she demanded.

"No, it was us, Professor." Aries stood up across from me. I gave her a confused look to which we flashed me a reassuring smile.

I began, "No. It was only me—"

"I don't know what you two think you're up to, I demand to know the truth right now! Snape! Get me more Veritaserum!" she screamed.

I could have sworn that Snape had a look of annoyance on his face as he replied, "I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students."

Umbridge let out a frustrated cry. "All of you to bed now! You best be awake bright and early for your classes tomorrow!" She dismissed everyone and we slowly trickled out of the Great Hall.

I walked out before my friends but they quickly caught up to me. "Marlee, I can't believe you did that," Ceaser said.

I kept my gaze forward and shrugged. "She already hates me enough. Another detention wouldn't hurt."

"But you didn't even throw the carrot," Harlow pointed out.

"One person getting detention is better than six and I knew she would believe me if I said it was just me," I explained.

As I still kept my eyes to the front, I felt a bunch of arms wrap around me in a hug. I was taken aback by the sudden embrace but quickly wrapped my arms around them.

"We've missed you Marlee," Aries sighed.

I felt my insides warming up in relief. "I've missed you guys too...and Merlin do I have a lot to tell you."

As we sat in our dormitory, I told the girls all about my Holiday and the night of George's birthday. They were completely baffled and excited all in one.

"We couldn't even leave you two alone for a night and you were already all over each other," Fabienne teased after I told them the minor details.

"But it's weird because we're still completely fine as friends—oh yeah, we've sorted out everything and now we're back to talking for hours on end, it's spectacular really."

"Oh my gosh, why don't you just marry him already?" Harlow scoffed and clicked her tongue.

I smiled as I rolled my eyes. "I already told you guys, I don't see him that way!"

"Girl, you gave him head, how the hell do you see him then?" Fabienne sassed and I shot her a dirty look.

"This conversation is over I'm going to bed," I announced over their giggles, although I was kind of tired.

They eventually agreed to go to bed as well and we shut off the lights, saying goodnight to each other. It felt like only a couple minutes passed before I heard their snores fill the room but when I checked the clock it had been almost two hours.

I tossed and turned but just could not seem to fall asleep. Another half hour passed and I decided to take a walk. I tossed on a gray jumper that fell just below my shorts, put on my slippers and tip toed out of the room.

The castle felt oddly comforting at this hour. The moon reflected off of the corridor walls, illuminating the air. It felt like I was walking through clouds.

I didn't have a specific destination in mind, I just let my feet carry me to wherever they pleased. I passed the main courtyard when I saw someone walking on the opposite side. I froze immediately, thinking it was a professor but I soon recognized the slouched strut and cerise hair. I ran through the courtyard and jumped on his back, frightening him. He almost let out a scream but I quickly covered his mouth with my hand.

As I slowly removed my hand he whispered, "Bloody hell, Marlin. You scared the shit out of me! Don't do that again."

I giggled and hopped off of George's back. He was wearing a red jumper with gray sweatpants. I noticed slight bags under his eyes and it made me wonder what he was doing here at this hour.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a quiet tone.

He rubbed his eyes and yawned. "I couldn't sleep. What are you doing here?"

"Same..." my voice trailed off as I thought about what a coincidence that was.

We began walking side by side as we continued our conversation. Every so often we'd bump into each other just the slightest then would spread out and put a good foot in between us.

"How did it go with your friends? That was quite a stunt you pulled at dinner," he lightly chuckled.

"Yeah well it was enough for my friends to forgive me I guess. That wasn't even my intention when I did it though but it all worked out."

"See? I told you they'd forgive you. Nobody could stay mad at you for that long."

His words made me think about all of the times he and I had gotten into arguments this year. How were we such good friends when we had spent a good portion of the year being upset with each other?

"Remember the time you thought that I lied to you about why Serena and I got detention?" I asked. He bit his bottom lip and nodded. "Do you still think that I was lying?"

He pursed his lips as he thought of his answer. He opened his mouth to say something but then inhaled sharply and stayed quiet. A couple more seconds passed before he finally said something.

"Marlee, I want you to know that I never intentionally chose her over you. I'm sorry that I made you feel that way and I'd never want you to feel like that again."

His apology took me by surprise. "It's okay George, really. I think just the history of Serena and I made it worse but I should have been more understanding. I knew how much you liked her, I'm sorry—"

"No, don't apologize. I can't imagine how I'd feel if we went from talking for hours to never at all. I shouldn't have stopped walking with you after class, I shouldn't have let her do all of the things she did. That night in the common room when you guys danced, I wanted to join but she didn't want to so I stayed with her..." his voice trailed off and I could tell he didn't want to keep talking about her.

It was hard for me to read him at the moment but it hurt me to see him like this. He seemed so down on himself and I got the feeling that he blamed himself for a lot of the stuff that had happened this year.

I frowned as he kept his eyes on the floor. He had told me awhile back that he often suffered from insomnia and I hated thinking that this is what was happening right now.

I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck, going on my tiptoes to do so and rested my chin on his shoulder. I felt his arms slither around my waist as he squeezed me lightly. His jumper smelt of him. It wasn't cinnamon and musk anymore, it was just George.

George's POV

"I'm here for you," Marlee whispered into my neck. Hugs from her always made me feel better and I could already feel the lump in my throat going away.

But I wanted to tell her so badly. I wanted to tell her that Serena was part-Veela, but something in me restricted me from doing so.

Only recently had I realized what probably happened after the Christmas Holiday. How could I have been so blind and stupid? Everything was my fault.

Serena had told me about her status a couple weeks into our relationship after she expressed her problems with her mum but it was hard for me to remember exactly what she had said. It was hard for me to remember a lot of what happened in our relationship, it was almost like I had blocked it out.

I hated being so vulnerable around Marlee. When we were with the gang it was all jolly good laughs and jokes but when it was just me and her, I felt like I could tell her anything and be myself. I could take a break from being Fred's twin because she didn't see me like that. She saw me as George.

We stayed there in each other's embrace for a long time. She finally pulled away when her body got tired of being on her tiptoes. But she didn't say anything, she just kept her arm wrapped around mine and walked me to Gryffindor Tower.

Words didn't have to be said, her touch was just enough to comfort me. I hadn't been able to fall asleep at all recently and it was terribly frustrating. Especially with the Holiday, my sleep schedule was all messed up.

Sometimes I didn't think I deserved a friend like Marlee. She was always there for me but what had I done for her? I hurt her on several occasions, what kind of a bloody friend did that make me?

She pulled me out of my thoughts and stopped in front of the portrait to the common room. She gave me another goodnight squeeze before the Fat Lady opened the door after giving us scowls for breaking curfew.

The first week back felt like a millennium. Professors were giving out way too much work and I was barely able to get shuteye. I could tell many other students were stressed and tired as the Great Hall on that Friday morning did not seem chipper at all. Plus with Umbridge as Headmaster, we were all mentally and physically drained.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Jerry and Violet walk out the door together, frantically talking about something.

"I think they're planning a party," Ginny noticed as well.

"And you are not allowed to be there," Ron scoffed.

As the two began their idiotic bickering, I thought about how I was even too tired to go to this potential party. What was wrong with me? If anything, I needed this party to shake me up a bit.

In DADA, I chatted with Lee while I anxiously awaited Marlee's arrival to ask for her opinion. I was pretty sure I saw the back of her head at breakfast so I wasn't sure what was taking her so long.

Finally, I saw her come up to our desk and I quickly turned to talk to her. I was taken by surprise when I noticed what she was wearing. A black skirt sat perfectly around her waist with her white button up tucked neatly into it. She had on her house tie with white knee high socks and a timid look on her face.

She nervously tucked her hair behind both ears as she sat down and glanced at me hesitantly. I realized I'd been staring so I awkwardly cleared my throat.

"Erm...have you heard talk about a-a—erm party?" I stuttered.

She crossed her arms over her chest as she responded, "Yeah, we heard something. I'm not sure I wanna go though, especially with Umbridge breathing down my neck—she made me change this morning! Said it wasn't proper for a lady to wear trousers." She rolled her eyes and glowered at the toad face in the front of the room.

"What?! That's bullshit, you can wear what you want!" I exclaimed in a hushed tone.

Marlee shook her head and wrapped her robe around her body. "Like she knows anything about clothes, the bloody woman dresses up like a pig everyday." I chuckled at her feisty remark as she seemed quite irritated by the situation. "Anyways, do you reckon you'll go?" she asked.

I rubbed my chin as I contemplated my answer. "I'm dunno, I'm kind of tired," I sighed.

She gave me a sympathetic smile. "I'll go if you go," she suggested.

I tilted my head, thinking about her proposal. "Okay...I'll swing by your room," I replied.

Her eyebrows raised slightly as she said, "Oh—okay, brilliant!"

I split ways with my friends to go to Slytherin Dungeon to get Marlee while they went on to the Room of Requirement. On my way there, I passed her friends and they all gave me cheeky looks.

I got in with the same password, Pureblood, and walked up to her room. I heard a Muggle song being played at a low volume and smiled to myself before I knocked. The song turned off and I heard her footsteps come to open the door.

She opened the door and I almost didn't recognize her at first. She wore blue jeans and a pink top that rested off of her shoulders and exposed her tummy just a bit. Her hair was in its natural state but somehow managed to look perfect and a small necklace with the letter 'D' that fell down to the top of her chest.

"Hi," she sounded shaky and wrapped her arms around her stomach. "My roommates tried to get me to wear a skirt but now that I have to wear one everyday I refused," she rambled.

I gave her a reassuring smile and looked once more at the outfit she decided on. "I think this one's great—either way you'd look gorgeous," I slipped.

Why did I just say that?

I saw her cheeks turn pink as she said, "Thanks...you look great too."

Marlee's POV

I quickly hurried to open the door for George. My roommates had left with Tristan and Ceaser not too long ago but I told them I'd be going with George.

As I opened the door, my eyes wandered across the tall redhead. His hands were shoved into the pockets of his khakis and he wore a purple striped top that clung to his muscular biceps. His hair was perfectly placed in a messy way and I could see his gold chain peeking out on his neck.

I suddenly felt horribly exposed and covered my stomach with my arms as I greeted him. For some reason I was really nervous and I started rambling about something irrelevant.

Then, George Weasley called me gorgeous. I could swear I felt my heart skip a beat and my whole body heated up.

I couldn't stop thinking about his words as we walked to the Room of Requirement together and I didn't know why, it wasn't like he has never complimented me before.

On the walk, he talked about some new products he and Fred were planning on making. I enjoyed listening to him talk about this, he was always so passionate and adorable.

Oh no, I can't be growing feelings for him again just because he looks gorgeous today, he always looks gorgeous—NO platonic thoughts only, Marlee.

I distracted myself from my thoughts as the smell of sweat and Firewhisky entered my nose when we walked into the party. Before I could even process anything, our names were being called by a group of people that appeared to be our Gryffindor friends. But as we walked closer I noticed my friends sitting with them as well.

They were spread out on couches and Aries sat awfully close to Lee. I'd forgotten about their affair. Harlow and Tristan and Fred and Angelina were nowhere to be seen but I wasn't surprised. George and I took a seat on the floor across from them and there were a bunch of cups in the middle of the circle.

"What's going on?" George questioned, referring to the field of cups.

Katie clapped her hands together. "We're playing truth or dare but if you refuse to do yours then you chug a cup but if you agree to do yours, the person who asked has to chug a cup," she explained. I nodded, liking the twist they put to the game. "Why don't you guys go since you just got here?"

George and I both agreed, not thinking much of it. Then, Oliver asked George truth or dare and George picked truth.

"What were you and Marlee actually doing?" Oliver wiggled his eyebrows at us.

"I walked to her room, knocked on her door and then we walked here," George answered, cockily.

Oliver put his tongue in his cheek, "C'mon don't lie now, mate."

"I didn't," George spoke and picked up a cup to hand to Oliver, "now drink up." Oliver scowled but grabbed the cup from George and chugged it down.

"Okay Marlee you're next," Fabienne chirped. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare," I stated, confidently.

She gave me a devilish smile and I returned one, knowing that I'd get her to drink and not the other way around.

"I dare you to kiss George—and not just a peck, a kiss," she said and everyone else whooped and clapped.

I rolled my eyes and turned to George. "Do you want to?" I asked him.

"It's not like we haven't before," he joked and I bit back a smile.

Our friends started chanting, "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" but I tuned them out as the whole world around me now focused on George.

He looked at me with dark eyes and flashed his crooked smile. The light perfectly illuminated his rugged features—I swore everyday he got more and more handsome.

Stop it, Marlee.

I felt his hand come to the bottom of my chin as he tilted it up to meet his lips. I immediately felt comfort in his touch and melted into him, bracing my hand on his thigh. I could barely register the cheers and whistles from our friends as he began to tug on my bottom lip softly.

We'd kissed multiple times at this point, but it felt different this time. Not exactly fireworks like our first kiss but it felt like a wave that finally crashed onto the shore.

He brought both hands up to my face and lightly threaded his fingers through my hair. His tongue grazing my lip, teasing me.

"Oh my god," I heard Alicia mutter to Katie. I guess this was a bit more than they were expecting.

George must have heard too and we pulled away at the same time. He looked into my eyes, breathless and I felt overcome by a feeling of arousal that I quickly tried to shake off. We stared at each other for another half second and I nervously tucked my hair behind my ear, looking back to the group.

"Would you two like a room now?" Lee teased and everyone else chuckled.

"Very funny," I said then handed a cup to Fab. "Here you are." She grimaced but took the cup from my hand.

"I have a good one for you so pick dare!" I pointed to Aries teasingly. "Truth or dare?" She groaned but answered, truth, despite my request.

"Really? Fine, fine. Kiss, marry, kill...Snape, Dumblebore and hmm Umbridge," I smirked.

"That's possibly the worst thing you could have asked," she scoffed. "Kill Umbridge obviously, erm, marry Snape? Kiss Dumblebore?"

"You'd marry Snape over Dumbledore?" Lee questioned.

"You may not have noticed but Dumblebore does not fancy us Slytherins," she shot back.

"What?!" Lee exclaimed, sarcastically. "That's completely mental!"

She chuckled and pushed his shoulder. "Shove off."

The game continued on but my mind would always wander back to George. I couldn't help but wonder if he was thinking about me too. I started to feel foolish for thinking that that kiss meant anything to him. We'd been very clear of our feelings for the past two weeks so I doubted anything would change now. But did they ever change in the first place? How did I even know that I stopped liking him?

I wanted to distract myself so I refused a couple of truths like giving details about that night (although partly because I couldn't even remember details) and drank as much as I could.

Once we were all tipsy and laughing over nothing we decided to join everyone else in the mosh pit. I got lost from my friends for a while but was comfortable dancing and drinking around my other distant classmates like Terrence, Miles, Theo and Blaise. I even talked to Cho for a bit but couldn't really recall what was said between us.

Everyone was singing (screaming) along to the song and a familiar face caught my eye. His hair bobbed up as down as he danced with his friends and shouted the lyrics to the song. We made eye contact from across the room and he slowly made his way over as we both sang.

But now there's nowhere to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm out of my head
Hopelessly devoted to you

George placed his large hands on my waist and did his dramatic rendition of the song. I giggled and stumbled over my feet, singing with him.

"Oopsie daisy," I giggled more and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

George bent down, keeping his hands on my waist, and narrowed his eyes at me. "Marlee, are you drunk?" he questioned with a smirk.

I looked from side to side, nervously. "Noooo," I lied. "Hehehe...maybe just a little, a teensy bit." I squinted my eyes and held up my pointer and thumb finger to indicate how little I was talking.

George's smirk grew to a huge grin. "You're drunk," he sang and poked my side with his finger to which I yelped and jerked away from him.

I took another sip from my cup only for it to be pulled away by George. "Hey!" I yelled.

"I think you're good for the night," he said.

I pouted and crossed my arms. "That s'not fair! You give that back to m-me, George Weasley!" I demanded.

He didn't reply and drank the Firewhisky that was left in my cup. "No more for you," he ordered and crushed the cup in his hand.

I blinked slowly as I was mesmerized by his veiny hand. "Whoa," I muttered and started feeling dizzy. Suddenly, my legs felt weak and I fell in a pair of arms.

"Marlee, are you okay?" a voice in the distance asked. I murmured a response but couldn't comprehend what it was. "How much did you drink?" they asked again.

All around me were flashing lights and dark figures of people that I recognized but couldn't exactly name. It all turned into a blur and suddenly, my stomach turned completely. Somehow, there happened to be a toilet right in front of me so I ran to it and vomit spilled out of my mouth. Once I was sure that there was no more left in me, I rested my forehead on the toilet and wiped my mouth.

"How're you feeling, Mar?" a familiar voice asked. I turned and George was squatting behind me with worry on his face. I hadn't noticed that he was there and that he'd put my hair in a braid.

I slowly got up to my feet and realized we were in the Prefects bathroom. George must have Apparated here. I walked to the sink to wash my face and felt embarrassed for having him witness all of that.

"How are you still friends with me? I've thrown up in front of you like f-fifty-five times!" I exclaimed and held my face in my hands.

He chuckled softly and walked over to me. "I think there's more to our relationship than you throwing up every once in a while," he spoke in a hushed tone.

"So you still love me?" I said, softly.

He let out another chuckle and pushed a piece of hair out of my face. "Of course," he replied. "Now let's get you to bed. How does that sound?"

I nodded slowly and he grabbed me by my waist, Disapparating to my dormitory. I slowly got into my bed as he tucked me in. I closed my eyes and he began walking out.

"Hey Georgie," I said, not opening my eyes.

"Yes?" he answered and I heard him walk back.

"Y'know that night slept together—well we didn't sleep together but the night we slept together?"

He gave a short laugh. "I think I know which one you're referring to."

"Well you remember when you said you needed to go to the bathroom? Well I know what you were actually doing." I grinned widely, still not opening my eyes.

I heard him click his tongue as he let out a sharp breath. "Alright, I think it's time for you to go to bed," he said.

"Goodnight Georgie," I chimed.

"Goodnight Mar," he whispered before I heard the click of my door.

•••
there is kind of a lot to unpack here so sorry i have no clue how to write chapters and i only know how to write small scenes

i know they have way too many parties but like kids in my town go to parties every damn weekend so it's just a norm to me ig

i have like 10 chapters left planned so...buckle up

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 142 5
❝𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝❞ -𝒂.𝒆.𝒑 ...
32.8K 1K 51
𝙰 𝙿𝚢𝚛𝚛𝚑𝚒𝚌 𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘�...
1.5M 54.3K 93
━━━ 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐅 | ❝𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍, 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗆𝗒 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝗇𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝗌 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗅?❞ ▬▬▬▬ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・・゚...
180K 5.5K 35
-𝖨𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗌𝖾𝗇 𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗇'𝗍 𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝑂𝑟 -𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗣𝗼�...