Death's Gift

By PotatoModeActivated

After the war Harry distances himself from everyone, feeling empty. He spends a year in solitude, only writin... More

Chapter Two - The End
Chapter Three - His New Beginning
Chapter Four - The Move
Chapter Five - The Grangers
Chapter Six - Hogwarts Letters
Chapter Seven - Slytherins
Chapter Eight - A Deal with the Enemy
Chapter Nine - Tied up Ends and Tea Dates
Chapter Ten - Christmas Holidays
Chapter Eleven - "Acquaintances"
Chapter Twelve - Back to Hogwarts
Chapter Thirteen - A Bad Feeling
Chapter Fouteen - Problems in Paris
Chapter Fifteen - Join Me
Chapter Sixteen - Again?!
Chapter Seventeen - Second Year
Chapter Eighteen - A Friendly Chat
Chapter Nineteen- The Attack
Chapter Twenty - The Next Step
Chapter Twenty-One - Getting into the Order
Chapter Twenty-Two - A Meeting
Chapter Twenty-Three - Some Good and Bad Company
Chapter Twenty-Four - An Unorderly Order
Chapter Twenty-Five - Dealing with the Dark
Chapter Twenty-Six - Family Reunion
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Distancing
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Reuniting
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Teacher Troubles
Chapter Thirty - Friends?
Chapter Thirty-One - A Needed Conversation
Chapter Thirty-Two - Tom's Expression and Hermione's Surprise
Chapter Thrity-Three - Realized Feelings
Chapter Thrity-Four - Christmas Break Crisis
Chapter Thirty-Five - The First Night
Explaination
Until the next chapter, Check out my Other Stories

Chapter One - The Plan

31.6K 850 224
By PotatoModeActivated

Death's Gift - Chapter One
The Plan

Harry sat in the drawing room of Grimuald Place. Ever since the battle of Hogwarts he'd felt off. It was almost three years now since he, Ron, and Hermione had set off on their Horcrux hunt. The reconstruction of Hogwarts had started up and Harry was doing all he could to help but the castle would never be the same. Harry sighed and walked over to one of the many drawers in the room. Opening the middle one he pulled out the Elder Wand. He'd snapped it and thrown it into the Black Lake after the battle, but just a few moments later it has appeared back in his pocket, whole. You couldn't destroy a Hallow. Harry didn't want the wand, though his Holly one wouldn't work for him anymore, so, Harry had started to rely on wandless magic. He couldn't get a new one or go back to his old one until his magical connection to the Elder Wand was broken, but that could only happen if he was killed and Harry wasn't planing to die any time soon.

Sighing, Harry sat the wand down and went to get dressed, he was supposed to be joining the Weasleys for lunch. Lately, Harry had been distancing himself from them. Not avoiding, just, distancing, from everyone. With the Weasleys it was just too awkward. First they lost Fred, then Harry had broken up with Ginny, and then Hermione called off her engagement to Ron. Harry shook his head, pulling on a red sweater. Harry never really did understand why he got together with Ginny in the first place, she was rather clingy and more often then not gave him a headache. After the war Harry just couldn't keep it up. Harry was about to floo to the burrow when his front door flew open. Immediately on guard, even though only select people could enter his house since it was under a feildus charm, Harry spun around in a defensive stance.

"Harry! Oh thank Merlin you haven't left!" Hermione exclaimed through rough breaths.

Harry, still on guard, lowered his stance, "Hermione? What are you doing here?" He noted her heavy breathing, "And why are you out of breath?"

"I came to stop you from going to the Weasleys. You're in danger." She walked towards him.

"What else is new." Harry muttered.

He followed Hermione into the sitting room where she started pacing, muttering to herself.

"Hermione? What's going on?" Harry asked, growing concerned.

She stopped and looked at him, "Right, ok. It has to do with why I called it off with Ron, and why I cut off contact with the Weasleys completely."

Harry, knowing this was serious, scribbled an apology letter to the Weasleys, saying that something came up and he wouldn't be able to join them. He gave it to Penywil, his new owl, to send to the Weasleys. Harry still missed Hedwig a lot, her being is companion ever since he found out he was a wizard, but Penywil was still very helpful.

"Ok, you have my full attention now." He told Hermione.

Hermione nodded, "First, I want to say that I'm really, really, really sorry that I didn't tell you all of this earlier."

"Hermione..." Harry's voice held that of a warning.

"They're manipulating you!" She burst out, "Molly, Ron, and Ginny! Oh they're horrible! Ron actually can't stand you and only befriend you because of your fame, Ginny's completely obsessed with you and wants to marry you so she can be the next Mrs. Potter as well as have access to your fortune, and Molly just wants to keep you around to make her family look better as well as have access to your money!"

Harry didn't know how to react, foremost he was shocked, but he was also angry.

Hermione continued, "Ginny used a love potion on you when you both first got together, but it was just to get a spark going and plant the idea in the persons mind, amplifying anything they might have felt for you. She hadn't used one since your relationship started but after you broke up with her she and Molly were planing on doing it again, with a stronger one next time you went over! When I got your owl about going to the Weasleys, which you sent me after my constant telling you to go out more, I didn't know what to do but I knew I couldn't let you go over so I apperated here to stop you."

Harry sunk down into one of the cushioned chairs, resting his head in his hands. That was why he never knew what drove him to date Ginny, he was under the influence of a live potion! That also explained why Ron got ticked off at him all the time and was constantly jealous of him, he didn't like Harry at all! Harry knew Hermione wasn't the type of person to lie about things like this, and he knew she wasn't lying. Everything made sense, he'd been played by the people he thought were his family.

"How do you know?" Harry asked, his voice weak.

Hermione sat down, fiddling with her fingers, "About a month ago I floo'd over to the burrow to meet up with Ron, we were planing to go on a date, and I walked in on Molly and Ginny brewing an Amortentia. I immediately recognized it and asked what was going on. Being Ron's fiancé they pulled me aside and explained everything to me, asking me if I wanted in. I-I played along while I was there but I once I got home I owled Ron, calling off the engagement and breaking up with him. I haven't talked to any of them since..."

She looked up at Harry who just sat there, staring at the fire that was currently ablaze in the small fireplace the room had.

"I- I wanted to tell you right away but I was afraid that you wouldn't believe me a-and if the Weasleys found out-," She started crying, "I'm so sorry!"

Harry got up and pulled the bushy haired girl into a hug, "Hey, it's ok 'Mione. You've told me now and I believe you. You don't have to cry."

"Y-you do?" Hermione looked up at him.

Harry smiled down at her, "Of course. I know you're not the the type of person to lie about stuff like this, and if I'm being honest, it kind of all makes sense."

Hermione smiled and hugged Harry back. Harry silent summoned a self-inking quill as well as a piece of parchment, scribbling out another letter.

"What's that?" Hermione asked.

Harry held it up and read it, "Dear Weasleys, again, I am sorry for not being able to make our planned lunch but I had something come up that needed by immediate attention, however I was hoping we could possibly reschedule for next week? Harry."

"You're going back to them?!" Hermione gapped.

Harry shook his head, "No. I have an idea of a way to expose them to everyone, but first I'll need some kind of proof that they've been illegally accessing my vaults for money, amongst other things. If you wouldn't mind I might need to to testify, possibly giving up your memory of your encounter with them."

Hermione blinked. She hadn't expected Harry to be so composed, so logical, while she herself was a mess. It was totally out of character.

"I'll do it." She told him with a determined nod.

"Great, now let's go to Gringots. I want my money back."

"Let's?" Hermione asked.

Harry froze while grabbing a robe off of the table (he usually threw them there for Kretcher to later put away after work), "Er- Yeah. I was kind hoping you'd come with me. After all, you know more about this than I do, as usual."

Hermione rolled her eyes, smiling she got up and apperated along with Harry to Gringots. Harry nodded to the guards upon entry, he was still on very shaky terms with the Goblins after the whole dragon incident, so he made sure to be extra polite when he was there. Hermione followed his precedences. Seeing as it was mid-day Harry and Hermione had to wait in a long line before getting up to an open teller. When they finally did Harry could've jumped for joy, he did not like waiting. The goblin there scowled at them.

"Hello, I would like to see all the transcripts for all of my vaults for the past twenty years please." Harry knew they categorized the vault transcripts by tens so it would be easier for them if he said the last twenty instead of the last nineteen, besides, he wanted to know exactly when it started.

The goblin eyed them before telling them to wait for a second. He picked up a telephone-like object from his desk and spoke into it using a language that neither Harry nor Hermione could understand. Though, Hermione must've recognized it because she leaned over and whispered something into Harry's ear.

"Gobbledegook. The lost language of the goblins."

Harry nodded.

The being then turned back to them, "Griphook will see you in his office, Bargel will show you the way." He motioned towards a goblin heading towards them.

"Thank you, may your gold forever flow."

The goblin grinned a little, "And may your enemies cower at your feet."

Harry and Hermione followed the goblin that the other had called Bargel into a large room. There was a tall desk in the middle where Griphook sat. Harry and Hermione made their way over to it, there eyes barely coming level to the top of it.

Griphook snarled at them, "Mr Potter and Ms. Granger. To what do I owe this...pleasure...?"

"I would like to see the transcripts to all of my vaults for the last twenty years." Harry repeated.

"Do you have your key?"

Harry shifted, "Er- no."

Hermione looked at him as if he was crazy.

"I've actually never had a key to my vault."

That last part seemed to take Griphook by surprise, "I can register you a new key as well as recall and destroy all ones that currently exist. You will just need to take a blood test before hand to prove that you are who you say you are."

Harry could tell Hermione was about to say yes for him but he stopped her.

"How much will it cost?" Harry asked Griphook.

The goblin grinned, "160 galleons for the new key and 150 to recall and destroy all old ones."

Hermione gasped, "That's ridiculously overpriced!"

"150 for both." Harry said.

Griphook's grin widened, "230."

"170."

"220."

"200."

"Deal." Griphook snapped his fingers and four keys appeared out of thin air. With a wave of his hand they all melted down into one new one. Another snap and a piece of parchment as well as a golden needle appeared in front of Harry.

"Five drops" he told him.

Harry picked up the needle and held out his finger, pricking it, he let five drops of blood fall before healing the small wound. Ripples ran across the paper from where the drops fell and words were spelled out across the page.

Harrison James Potter
Father: James Potter
Mother: Lily Potter Neé Evans

Heir to: Potter, Black, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Gaunt

Magical core: 80% Blocked - Age 2 (Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore)

Parselmagic: Blocked - Age 2 (Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore)

Glamour: Age 2 (Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore)

Trust: Keyed to Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Age 2, Keyed to Weasleys - Age 11 (Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore)

Distrust/Hate: Keyed to Voldemort - Age 2, Keyed to Slytherins - Age 2, Keyed to Malfoy's - Age 2, Keyed to Severus Snape - Age 11, (Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore)

Love: Keyed to Ginevra Weasley - broken - Age 17 (Ginevra Weasley)

Marriage Contract to Ginevra Weasley: Unfulfilled

Harry was out right gawking. The paper had picked all of this up from just five drops of his blood?! Since when did he have so many compulsions on him, much less a glamour?! What confused him even more was that his first name was listed as Harrison, why had he never known that his full name was Harrison?! He'd always thought it was Harry!

"Harry..." Hermione breathed, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Is it possible to remove everything? The blocks, the compulsions, the glamour, the marriage contract, everything?"

"Yes. It will cost 100 galleons for everything removed and we can get to it right now, Mr. Potter." Griphook said, handing Harry his new key.

"50." Harry said, grabbing it.

"90."

"60."

"80."

"65."

"75."

"70."

"Right this way."

Griphook led Harry into a different room, telling Hermione to wait in his office. It was almost an hour before they returned and Hermione could feel it before they even entered the room. When they did enter Hermione was blown away by the sheer amount of magical energy radiating off of Harry. Magic filled the room, making it almost suffocating, as Hermione took in the changes in Harry's appearance. The changes that were there were very slight, but noticeable. He still highly resembled his father with the untamable mess of Potter hair and his round glasses, but his facial features had changed to resemble more of his mother. His thin lips had plumped, making them look almost doll-like, his nose was slightly pointed and curved up at the end, his eyes were a little bigger and his lashed fuller, perfectly framing the same emerald green they had always been. Hermione also noticed that he was considerably more swift and graceful with his movements.

"You alright there Harry?" Hermione asked.

Harry smiled, "Never better."

"Your transcripts, Mr. Potter."

Harry noticed the twenty rolls of parchment on Griphook's desk and grabbed them. Opening the one from 1979, a year before his birth. He scanned it, finding nothing from the Weasleys, as he'd expected. Harry moved onto the next one, nothing. The third, nothing. The fourth, he almost missed it. There was one withdrawal, not done by the Weasleys, but someone else.

10,000 galleon withdrawal - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - 1982

That was the year that Dumbledore gave him to the Dursley's. Harry moved onto the next one.

10,000 galleon withdrawal - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - 1983

The next one...

10,000 galleon withdrawal - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - 1984

And the next one......

10,000 galleon withdrawal - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - 1985

It continued like that until 1991, when the Weasleys were added.

10,000 galleon withdrawal - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - 1991
5,000 galleon withdrawal - Molly Weasley - 1991

Then in 1998, last year, Ron and Ginny were added.

10,000 galleon withdrawal - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - 1998
5,000 galleon withdrawal - Molly Weasley - 1998
1,000 galleon withdrawal - Ronald Weasley - 1998
1,000 galleon withdrawal - Ginevra Weasley - 1998

Harry was pissed, but at the same time glad that none of his other vaults had been messed with, just the Potter family vault, it was already bad enough as is. Keeping in his furry at the Weasleys, and now Dumbledore, Harry sat the papers down.

"I didn't authorize any withdrawals made by Albus Dumbledore nor any Weasley. Is there any way that I can get this money back, perhaps with interest?"

"Yes, I will get right on that. Is there anything else you came for?" Griphook asked.

"No, that is all. May your gold forever flow."

"Any may your enemies cower at your feet."

With that said Harry and Hermione left the bank and apperated back to Grimuald place. As soon as they entered the house Harry released a blast of magic, completely destroying the kitchen, Hermione shrieked.

"Sorry, I was mad." Harry said quickly, repairing the room with a spell.

Harry walked through the kitchen into the break-out sitting room that they had been in before. He sunk into one of the chair and buried his face in his hands, "What am I supposed to do now?"

"Confront the Weasleys?" Hermione offered, taking a seat of her own.

Harry shook his head, bringing it up and resting it in the back of his chair, looking up at the ceiling, "That's not what I mean. I've just found out that I've been lied to my entire life, I've lived with compulsions affecting my personality as well as a glamour. I don't feel like myself because the person I used to think was me was merely an outcome of all of the compulsions. I don't even know who I am anymore Hermione."

Hermione's face fell, she got up and walked over to Harry, sitting in the seat next to him, "Hey," She grabbed his hand, "You're Harrison James Potter, a man who has been through way too much trauma in his life and has been hurt beyond compare, but your also someone who always comes out of it, who fights through whatever it is that has tried to hurt him that time. A lot of things may have changed but I know one thing that never will, I will always be here for you."

Harry turned to look at her, "Thanks Hermione."

She nodded, "What's done is done, all we can do now is get up and move on. Might as well make the most of it."

Harry stood up, "You're right. I just have to move on and get revenge."

Hermione laughed, "Getting revenge isn't exactly moving on Harry."

"I meant to move on from being sad."

Hermione rolled her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

700K 18K 25
Harry is abused by the Dursleys, so Sirius and Remus come to stay with him in Hogwarts to make sure he's okay. He starts a secret friendship with Dr...
356K 11K 48
It's been 6 years since the war. Harry and Ginny broke up soon after, and he's living a peaceful quiet life finally not having to fight the bad guys...
3.7K 164 21
"Wishing on dandelions all of the time" After the war, Harry is alone and headed back to finish his last year of school at Hogwarts while feeling not...
1.5K 19 17
basicaly the title this will be the harry potter boys x reader (Y/n) requests are open! you can dm me or reach me on my tumbr: ahsokajedipadawan15 w...