The Last of Its Kind [AoT]

By WhatADrag6

A child forced to live life on the streets until the unprecedented calamity that claimed many lives and left... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX

VI

7.2K 237 217
By WhatADrag6

After freeing Eren the group found themselves surrounded by the Garrison Regiment.

"You're all gonna die." A voice spoke out causing the three to glance behind at Eren.

"Well ain't that the truth." Kyra muttered out standing on guard against the Garrison Regiment.

Armin moved to him lifting him up. Eren's face held a sadistic grin and crazed eyes.

"Eren? Eren!" Armin called out. Eren gasped loudly.

"Are you alright?" Mikasa asked glancing at the confused boy.

"Eren! Can you move on your own?! Are you yourself?! Tell them everything you know! I'm sure they'll understand!" Armin instructed.

"--Armin?!" Eren questioned in confusion.

"--Did you hear him?! He said he's gonna kill us!" A man shouted out.

"Yeah, I heard it too. He's planning on eating us!" Another yelled out.

"Cadets Eren Jaeger, Mikasa Ackermann, Kyra Teeny, and Armin Arlelt! What you've committed is an act of treason! Whether you live or die depends on you! Any attempt to move from where you stand now, anything you do that I deem suspicious will be met with cannon fire. Do not test me. Answer carefully." Woerman yelled out.

Kyra clenched her fist growling lowly, "Fucking Sadies the Sadist, strikes again. Next time I see him, I'm gonna tear him a new one."

"Eren Jaeger, what exactly are you? Human? Or Titan?" Woerman yelled out.

"I'm sorry, Sir! I don't understand!" Eren yelled out.

"Answer, damn you! Evasion will get you nowhere! Don't try to stall with pretend ignorance! You won't stand a chance! You'll be blown to hell before you can assume your true form!" The captain yelled out.

"What true form?!" Eren shouted out.

"Please! Scores of people witnessed the moment that you appeared from the body of a Titan! We've allowed an unknown being--you--to infiltrate Wall Rose! Even if you are a member of the Cadets as sanctioned by the king, it is well within reason for me to eliminate any risk as quickly as possible! Of this, I feel certain! The Armored Titan that took down Wall Maria could appear at any moment now! As we speak, the very survival of humanity is at stake Understand?! We can't afford to waste any further manpower or time on you! I will bombard you with high explosives if I have to!" He shouted out.

"My specialty...is severing flesh. I'll gladly demonstrate it, if need be. If anyone wants to experience my technique...then please, by all means, step this way." Mikasa proclaimed stepping forward.

"Tch. What a fuckin' pain, you pathetic nuisances are." Kyra scoffed out darkly as she stepped forward as well.

"Sir. Mikasa Ackermann was assigned to
escort duty with us elite soldiers. And Kyra Teeny mowed down the Titans effortlessly even after the Vanguard Elites were anhilated. Their prowess is equal to that of a hundred ordinary soldiers. Losing them would be a great setback for humanity."

"I swear to the powers-that-be. Call me Teeny one more time...Sadies, you bastard!" Kyra spat out in irritation.

"Hey, Mikasa! Armin! Kyra! What is all this?!" Eren questioned in confusion.

"A suprise party and we just so happen to be the guests of honor. They even brought confetti canons with them. I personally find myself to be too old for clowns, but it seems that the entirety of our guests are clowns." Kyra said sarcastically.

"Mikasa! Kyra! Attacking people won't help! There's nowhere to run inside this cramped wall!" Armin shouted out.

"I don't care who it is. I won't let anyone kill Eren. That's all that matters!" Mikasa said.

Kyra just shrugged her shoulders indifferently. "I'm ambiguous at the moment." Kyra said boredly.

"Let's talk this out! None of them understand the situation! That's why fear's spreading among them!" Armin argued.

Kyra's eyes grew dark and cold. A sense of hostility formed. "Yes, and it's that fear that is making them lash out at their own kind, Armin. Take a good look around you. Look at their faces. Do they look like they can be reasoned with? They're too petrified by fear. Afraid of the unknown, and instead of pursuing answers, they lash out like feral animals, ready to kill anything they fail to understand. Heh. It's simple-minded and disgusting, but that's how humans are. That's how they've always been. Reverting back to savage ways and primordial instincts that caused bloodied wars and constituted the bearings for hatred. Here's a word of advice, sometimes the more prominent and obvious threat to humanity is not the greatest one to fear. A seemingly smaller threat will cause far more calamity and suffering, taking humanity by suprise, and sweeping the feet from right under us. So tell me, do you think that these soldiers, trained to kill on sight without questions will listen to reason?" She spat out coldly with rage as she growled lowly. Her hands gripping the handles of her paring swords tightly as they trembled from rage.

The three gasped at her words glancing at her in shock.

"K-Kyra?!" Armin muttered in shock. He glanced down before closing his eyes in thought.

"It doesn't matter! We have to try!" Armin argued back.

Kyra's shoulders relaxed as she exhaled a breath. She closed her eyes, "Very well. I trust you. Give it a shot."

"I'll ask one more time! Are you a human or Titan?" Woerman shouted out slowly losing his patience.

"I'm human!" Eren shouted out.

The comander raised his hand up signaling to the Garrisons standing by on the cannons.

Kyra and Mikasa ran back

"Armin! Kyra! Head for the wall! I got Eren!" Mikasa shouted.

"Wait! Stop!" Eren yelled out as Mikasa grabbed him.

Eren wormed his way out of Mikasa's hold and pulled her along. They raced towards Kyra and Armin before Eren grabbed a hold of the three.

In a matter of seconds the cannon fired, Eren bit his hand and lightning sparked. What awaited them was a perplexing and baffling sight.

In that split of a second moment something sparked in Kyra. It was an odd feeling, but it felt powerful. It gave her strength. It felt vaguely familiar and comforting in a sense.

Her attention focused behind her on Armin and Mikasa. "Are you guys okay?" She asked before stopping and looking up. The three of them resided in the ribcage of a Titan's skeleton.

Smoke covered the entire air thickly. Kyra glanced back down hearing Armin mutter as he trembled.

"I know I heard them fire their cannon at us, and then--Then there was a tremendous crash and a blast of heat. And apparently we're now in the innards of a giant skeleton." Kyra bent down putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Eren did this for us, Armin. That's all we need to understand for now." Mikasa said glancing at him.

"Armin? Are you all right?" Kyra asked again.

Armin shakily raised his head before gasping stunned, "K-Kyra, your eyes. T-They're not red anymore."

Kyra raised an eyebrow at the statement. "You must've hit your head." Kyra said brushing his observation off, thinking it was a concusion.

Kyra sighed standing back up only for Mikasa to catch a glance of what Armin meant. She gasped with wide eyes. "No. Kyra, he's right. Your eyes, they're pink."

"Maybe it's the lighting. Anyway that's not important. We need to get Eren." Kyra informed.

"Armin! Kyra! Mikasa! Hey, are you guys alright?" Eren asked in concern. He stopped staring into Kyra's eyes.

"Kyra, your eyes." Eren said in shock.

"So I've been told. Nevermind that for now." Kyra said brushing it aside.

" Eren. How'd you--?" Armin started to question only for him to be cut off by Eren.

"I don't know! But look. It's already starting to vaporize, just like the corpse of a Titan. Let's get out of here! Hard to tell if they're watching and waiting, or just totally dazed. I suppose it doesn't really matter much either way. I'm sure once the smoke clears they'll resume the attack. After seeing this, I think we've blown any hope of reasoning with them." Eren said before his eyes widened slightly as he recalled something.

He grabbed the key that hung around his neck. "The cellar. I'm starting to remember. This key...Our house in Shiganshina! My father said I'd have to go back there. Everything hinged on it! I think it's why he gave me the power to transform. If I can make it to our cellar, I might learn the Titans' secrets. Why did he keep this stuff secret? How many thousands of Scouts have already died because my father didn't share this information? It could be the last chance humanity has! And the answer's been hidden away under our house this entire time? Is he insane? Damn him! Where have you been these last five years, Dad?" Eren vented in anger as he punched a rib of the skeleton.

Mikasa walked up grabbing him by the shoulder. "Eren. We have other business to deal with."

"Right." Eren agreed.

They moved behind the skeleton as it began to crumble. They kneeled, huddling together. "Listen. I'm getting out of here." Eren said causing Mikasa and Armin to gasp.

"Where? And how?" Armin question.

"Anywhere but here. Then I head over the wall and straight to Shiganshina. But I'll have to become a Titan again." Eren informed.

"You can transform at will?" Armin questioned.

"It's not a bad thought. But the problem is that this was your first time transforming at will. You transformed another time before that. Who's to say your form will hold up, Eren. The first one was an entire form with skin and this one, here, is nothing but bones. What if, there's a cap on how many times you can transform? Going on this plan alone, does not give you a guarantee that it will work for a third time. A back up plan, maybe. But this shouldn't be the first plan to go on. There's just not enough information about this topic at the moment and relying on this plan alone is far too risky. Maybe we can try to intice them with an offering." Kyra explained to him.

"Kyra, to be honest, I don't know how I'm doing it. I just know that I can! It's hard to put into words, but it was like reflexive, see? In that moment, my mind subconsciously focused on stopping the cannonball. That's why it's decaying. It only had the endurance to meet that task. Next time I'll be stronger. I'll be a fifteen meter high Titan-slayer just like I was before!" Eren declared as he looked over at the girl.

"Tch. Such a damn stubborn, bull-headed boy, always recklessly charging full-speed ahead. I get where you're coming from, Eren, I really do. But still it's far too risky for that to be your first option. I know there isn't much time, but think logically for a second in your life." Kyra said trying to reason with the boy. Blood dripped from Eren's nose causing concern to Mikasa.

" Eren! Your nose is--" Eren wiped at his nose seeing the blood.

"Your breathing is erratic. And you're pale! Something's wrong, Eren. You're not well!" Armin said with worry.

"As things stand, my health is irrelevant. But I have two ideas. You three could make it outta here alive if you stop trying to protect me. I've brought you nothing but trouble as it is. I'm doing this on my own, from this point forward." Eren stated.

"Not happening! I've been in trouble ever since I was a kid. Eren if anything all three of you have stopped me from trouble." Kyra said dully.

"You're kidding. But I--" Armin spoke only for Mikasa to cut in.

"Eren. I'm coming, too." Mikasa declared.

"No way!" Eren declined.

"I plan to follow you whether you give me permission to or not. I swear. I'll never leave your side." Mikasa rebuttaled.

"Mikasa, stop it. I'm being serious here! I'm not your little brother and I'm not some snot-nosed toddler!" Eren retorted raising his voice slightly.

"I have my doubts about that. But we can discuss that later. We don't have much time." Kyra said boredly.

Kyra glanced up hearing the commander shout. She exhaled closing her eyes as she began to count down.

We don't have much time. They'll be reloaded in less than thirty seconds.

"Listen, I won't--" Mikasa spoke.

"Just wait a second, would ya? If you recall, I said I had two ideas. Armin, I trust you to make the right decision." Eren said turning to Armin.

"Eh? Huh?" Armin questioned snapping out of his thoughts as he turned his attention to Eren.

"Now hear me out. And yes, I'm aware of how unrealistic this plan is. The best-case scenario? I try to use my Titan ability strategically. Under Military direction. This might sound crazy...but if you think you can convince the Garrison Regiment, right here and now, that I present no threat to them, I'll trust you and we'll go with that option. That's my second idea. If you don't think you can get it done, then my last resort is the first idea. You've got fifteen seconds to decide. Think you can get it done? Listen, I'll respect your opinion either way." Eren explained.

"Eren. Why would you leave such a major decision up to me?" Armin asked.

"Because you keep a level head. You always choose well, no matter how ugly things get. I figure that's worth relying on." Eren said.

"W-When have I done that?" Armin questioned in confusion.

"C'mon, you do it all the time. Take five years ago. If you hadn't gone to Mr. Hannes for help, Mikasa and I would've been eaten by the Titans and we would've inevitably dragged Ky to her death with us." Eren reminded.

"That's how you see me? You don't think I'm a poor excuse for a friend? I had convinced myself that I was just a burden to all of you. But you never--You never thought of me that way at all!" Armin said still bewildered by Eren's statement.

"Guys, as touching as this is..." Kyra warned as the time dwindled down.

"Armin! Our time's up!" Eren informed.

Armin came to a resolve as he stood up. "I will persuade them, trust me. You three just act as non-aggressively as you possibly can, agreed?" Mikasa and Kyra nodded their heads.

Armin stood walking forward. The sound of metal hitting the ground signified that he had disarmed himself.

"Halt! Halt! Is this supposed to be your true form, Monster? I don't buy it! I'll give the signal to fire, I mean it!" Captain Woerman shouted out.

"Eren is not a foe of humanity! We're willing to cooperate with Military Command and share everything we've learned about his powers!" Armin shouted out.

"Your pleas fall on deaf ears! He revealed his true form, and because of that threat, he cannot leave here alive! If you insist that he's not an enemy of ours, show me proof! Otherwise, we'll blast him back to whatever nightmare he crawled out of!" Woerman shouted.

"You don't need any proof! The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter what we perceive him to be!" Armin argued back.

"What?" Woerman asked.

"The reports say hundreds of soldiers saw him. And those who were there say they saw him fighting other Titans! And that means they saw him get swarmed by the Titans as well. To put it plainly, the Titans saw him the same way they see each and every human being; as their prey! And it doesn't matter how else you may look at it! That is an irrefutable fact!" Armin shouted back.

"Prepare to attack! Don't let yourself be swayed by his cunning lies! The Titan's behavior has always been beyond our comprehension. I wouldn't put it past 'em to assume human form. He's speaking our language in an attempt to deceive us! I refuse to let them continue this behavior unchecked!" Woerman ordered.

Armin glanced back before turning and saluting. "I am a soldier! And I have dedicated my heart to the restoration of humanity, sir! Nothing could make me prouder than dying for such a noble cause! If we were to use his Titan ability and combine it with the manpower we have left, I believe we can do it! We can retake this city! For humanity's glory, in what little time I have left to live, I will advocate his strategic value!" Armin yelled out.

"Quiet!" The Commander roared out only for a hand to grab his arm that was raising.

"That's enough. You should really do something about your nervous disposition, Captain Woerman." A voice spoke out.

"C-Commander Pyxis?" Woerman questioned the man and Pyxis stepped forward.

"Can you not see this soldier's heartfelt salute? I've only just arrived, but I'm quite aware of our situation. Gather our reinforcements. I think we could at least
do these young soldiers the favor of hearing them out." Pyxis informed.

Armin fell to his knees panting. Kyra walked forward giving a simple pat on his shoulder.

...

According to reports from the Scout Regiment, it was anticipated that the Titans would appear from the south.

These reports were proven accurate when the Titans attacked Shiganshina District, located on the south side of Wall Maria.

Therefore, it was surmised that their next most likely target would be the fortified city of Trost, on the southern side of Wall Rose.

Dot Pyxis. The commanding officer responsible for the southern territory. The man in charge of the defense of Trost district. The man given full authority over preserving humanity's most vital remaining territory.

...

"Nope. Not any of you. Eaten by a Titan wouldn't be so bad, if it was a sexy lady one." Pyxis looked down at the Titans clawing at the wall. Kyra rolled her eyes at the perverse old man.

...

The man also notorious for being genuinely eccentric.

...

"That's that. So, visiting this cellar should clear everything up?" Pyxis asked.

"Yes, sir. Well, at least I think so." Eren replied.

"For the moment, there is no way to validate all of the claims you've made. For now, I'll just catalogue them in here." He said pointing to his head before continuing.

"With that said, I can usually tell the difference between the unctuous and the sincere, which is why I personally guarantee your safety. You're Cadet Armin Arlelt. Is that correct?" Pyxis questioned turning back to face Armin.

"Yes sir!"

"You mentioned a plan to harness this so-called "Titan Ability" and then utilize your friend's power to retake the city. Do you believe it could work? Or were you grasping at straws to try and save your hides?" Pyxis inquired.

"Uh, well--Both, Commander. I was going to suggest that Eren, using his strength as a Titan, could lift that giant boulder. We could use it to block off the wrecked gate. That was the best idea I was able to come up with on the spot. I-I just wanted to make everyone see how Eren's ability might provide a solution to the problem we all face." Armin informed.

"Hm." Pyxus hummed in thought.

"Granted, I was pretty desperate to survive." Armin added.

"Desperate to survive, huh? That's as credible a reason as any, son. Ahhhh. What do you say, Cadet Jaeger?" Pyxis asked looking to Eren.

"Say, sir?" Eren questioned in confusion.

"That hole. Do you think that you can plug it up, son?" Commander Pyxis asked.

"Well, I-- I don't know. It's possible. But at the moment, I don't understand my power any more than you do. It's just, I sort of feel irresponsible giving you an answer, 'cause I don't really know." Eren explained his concerns honestly.

"Ah, yes. Of course, my apologies. I asked you the wrong question. Are you willing to, Cadet Jaeger. Or not?" Pyxis questioned crouching down in front of Eren as he narrowed his eyes.

"I'll do it. I'll do it! I don't know if I can seal that hole. But... I'll do it!" Eren declared.

And just like that this would be the beginning of how humanity's view changed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.1K 78
You, Levi, Isabel and Farlan were living happily, roaming the streets of the underground until one day you crossed paths with the Titans. That day ch...
164 6 8
โˆ˜โ‚Šโœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐€๐๐€๐“๐Ž๐Œ๐˜ ๐Ž๐… ๐€ ๐‡๐”๐† ห—หห‹๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™š ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ข๐™š๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™˜๐™˜๐™š๐™š๐™™? ๐™š...
6.8K 124 20
The overwhelming power of a human is a lie. She is an angel, with beauty and the strength that resembles one. Save us. Please. "Sometimes, when you'...
11.4K 1.6K 31
Every little girl dreams of her happily ever after with her very own prince charming, but for Elizabeth Smith, her dashing prince came unexpected, as...